• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Spydy

Banned
Game.co.uk have dispatched my PS3 copy. I might receive it tomorrow if I'm lucky.

Something for the weekend, sir?

DoomGyver

IW_Scriptacus said:
Unfortunately, we don't have infinite time and resources. We can't just "put a gun in MP", guns in MP are an "all or nothing deal" and require a substantial amount of extra effort to add.

Gun for SP:
- model
- texture
- animations
- settings
(attachments, camos, etc... are all optional)

Gun for MP:
- model
- texture
- animations
- settings
- additional models (attachments)
- additional animations (to support different attachment)
- additional textures (camo)
- additional settings (each attachment has it's own setting)
- balancing (for each variant)
- additional images (Create a Class image, Obituary Icon, etc...)
- challenges
- titles
- emblems
- addition memory (everything above uses extra)
- anything else I forgot

To give you an idea, with attachments there are 10 variants of each LMG. When you add in Bling there are 40 variants. Time to test and tune these is not free.

IW_Scriptacus said:
There's no particular reason why there aren't as many snipers. It wasn't a "choice" where we said "let's only do 4 snipers this time."; it's just the way things happen. We schedule and we work but sometimes things go over and we don't have time to do a particular thing.

I do sincerely hope that we get the chance to add some more weapons in a patch or DLC, but as with everything else we have to look at memory constraints and the required time and resources to do so. Our primary focus right now is the launch.

As to the "team tactical" question... the playlists are still in flux.

Does anyone buy this? Do you think they're actually holding weapons back for DLC?

why bother with MP right now.. stats/ranks getting reset on tuesday anyways. getting the game tomorrow, just playing SP until tues night

Omi said:
How long is the single player campaign??
<5 hours?
wtf? of course not. first time through on hardened 8-12

kaskade

I'm debating on this or Assassins Creed 2. Two totally different games. I know that once I see the game game on shelves I won't be able to resist.

ezekial45

Banned
Gary Whitta said:
If anyone spots copies in the SF Bay Area let me know :D

Yeah, i've been on the look out for awhile. No luck though.

Does anyone else in the bay area know of any mom and pop stores that sells games? A few people had some luck at those kinds of places.

Not sure if this has been posted yet or not... but this is brilliant! :lol

Check_5F00_Blog01.jpg

mik

mik is unbeatable
Do third graders have checking accounts, or is that the penmanship of a grown-ass adult?

Edward, why is there a photo of Utah on your NJ checks?

SO MANY QUESTIONS.

ThePeacemaker02 said:
I'm debating on this or Assassins Creed 2. Two totally different games. I know that once I see the game game on shelves I won't be able to resist.

Get MW2 from amazon use the 20 dollar credit for AC2, AC2 then becomes $35.99 and just get supersaver shipping. Then you can have both. There is also a 5 dollar off code for AC2 making it even cheaper AMZNACII.

mik said:
Do third graders have checking accounts, or is that the penmanship of a grown-ass adult?

Edward, why is there a photo of Utah on your NJ checks?

SO MANY QUESTIONS.

I can't decipher my own handwriting. If I had this guy's handwriting my life would be so much easier : /

Otheradam

GraveRobberX said:
Um... Am I allowed to post places that are selling MW2?

NYGAF Assemble?

Cause I know 3 places where you can get any version copy, for either console.

I'll edit in info, if a mod says ok

Meh, NYGAF should know who breaks street dates by now. It's the same stores anyway. :lol

Otheradam said:
Meh, NYGAF should know who breaks street dates by now. It's the same stores anyway. :lol

Pretty much lol... i'll be going to pick it up in an hour or so. :D

Edit: On 2nd though, I should PM him. I got burnt on Tuesday by a jackass too, always good to have options.

DevelopmentArrested said:
why bother with MP right now.. stats/ranks getting reset on tuesday anyways. getting the game tomorrow, just playing SP until tues night

wtf? of course not. first time through on hardened 8-12

I'd say even on Regular it might take longer, granted I suck lol. I'm tempted to actually give a run through on Hardened to stretch things out, I just don't want anything like the end of All Ghuilled Up.

Just picked it up a little while ago in Newark, I only played up to Cliffhanger, but man was it heard to force myself to go to my night class. lol

I'm going to have a lot of fun with MW2. :)

Oh the Glock 18 is insane, I mean who normally uses that in law enforcement in the US or in the military?

Otheradam said:

But you need to know who wont charge you sales tax for paying in cash. :)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Ken Masters said:
has any ps3 footage of this game been released? I have some people on my PSN list already playing this game
This seems to be a more solid port than the last. If you get the PS3 version I would not feel guilty at all. The game play is the most important thing and everything I've read and heard from a buddy says that this is rock solid.

JB1981

LiquidMetal14 said:
This seems to be a more solid port than the last. If you get the PS3 version I would not feel guilty at all. The game play is the most important thing and everything I've read and heard from a buddy says that this is rock solid.

how can you tell?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
JB1981 said:
how can you tell?
It's not blurry!

In serious, what I read and a local here have game me the good news. I don't really want to see it due to my blackout but this is just to answer your inquiry.

Does the case have a "DO NOT SELL BEFORE 11/10/09" sticker on it?

also has anyone in Utah had any luck breaking the street date?

I cant wait to read impressions from the 360 people!

Kibbles

JetBlackPanda said:
Does the case have a "DO NOT SELL BEFORE 11/10/09" sticker on it?

also has anyone in Utah had any luck breaking the street date?

I cant wait to read impressions from the 360 people!
Mine did not.

Also, anyone know why the clan tag "ERIC" is blocked? It's my friend's name and he's pissed it still doesn't work in MW2.

TimeLike

Omi said:
How long is the single player campaign??

<5 hours?
First playthrough on Regular took me 8:32 according to the game's clock. I didn't stop to search for anything.

MagniHarvald said:
Searched the OP, didn't find. Is there gonna be split-screen (campaign and/or MP) ?
Campaign is solo only. Spec Ops has splitscreen. Multi local splitscreen but not for online.

kamspy

Why haven't we started an angry mob demanding media from the COD1 XBLA/PSN port?

It's gonna be available tuesday right?

snack

divisionbyzorro said:
Damn. That thing kicks ass.

I really want to see a video of an AC-130 being shot out of the sky so we can get an idea of what it takes to actually take it out.

Does it lock onto the enemies?

I'm four hours into the SP campaign now, and holy shit I'm still being grenaded like there's no tomorrow. The game feels 100% like COD4, with all the ups and downs that brings.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
I really want to play this game. Only things I'm upset about the PC version are the server hosting system and the field of vision. And I suppose both of those things will work out just fine.

I'll miss my 24/7 servers though.

J-Rzez

Full Recovery said:
Someone on the IW forums bought the strategy guide.

LMGs can now be equipped with silencers. FU IW

IIRC, I saw a vid of the Barrett with a suppressor on it. That sucker to be worth more than a pop would be gigantic.

I question how much homework IW actually does on the weapons. Why don't they put "silencers/suppressors" on LMGs? Simple, they don't have a finite use. A LMG is used for suppressing fire. But in IW's eyes, as indicated with CoD4, they're also used for SNIPING lol. If only our troops had IW's auto-aim :(

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Got my copy, weeeeeeee

Um.... Quick ?, where be the trophy list?, doesnt show up on mine

Top Bottom