• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

thatJohann

ANYONE HAS SEEN ANY VIDEOS OF THE PS3 VERSION?

I reserved it for 360 but for some reason i want it for PS3. I don't know the quality of that version and I cant find any comparison or previews with the PS3 version.

Anyone has heard anything between 2 console versions?

HybridXL said:

I reserved it for 360 but for some reason i want it for PS3. I don't know the quality of that version and I cant find any comparison or previews with the PS3 version.

I'm guessing that like most 360/PS3 multi-format titles they are almost identical unless you're the kind of weird obsessive who likes to zoom in on screenshots and nit-pick the most trivial details.

Enosh

MMaRsu said:
Wait wut?

You can use a fucking silencer with this?

How far into the future is this game :lol :lol

well to be fair there are silencers for artilery, so...

but still, I have to agree with :lol

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
HybridXL said:

The first release really wasn't bad, but it was definitely not quite as solid as the 360 version. Lower resolution textures, slightly more framerate hiccups, and a few other such things. Still, to most, the difference was not obvious.

I'd imagine MW2 has turned out better on PS3 than the original MW as this is now their second PS3 title. Furthermore, they are now using texture streaming to allow for higher resolution textures all around which should address some of those issues they had on PS3 with the first game. I'm sure you'll be happy with the PS3 version.

cameltoe

Your package has been delivered. To view Proof of Delivery, please select the link.

Tracking Information
Tracking Number: 1Z9298760251714 Status: Delivered Delivered On: 11/05/2009 1:15 P.M. Location: FRT DOOR

YES!!! Ima run thru the SP tonight!

But the first thing ima do is take a peek and the MP settings and see if aim assist can be disabled since no one has replied with an answer yet.

iMike76

Banned
cameltoe said:
Your package has been delivered. To view Proof of Delivery, please select the link.

Tracking Information
Tracking Number: 1Z9298760251714 Status: Delivered Delivered On: 11/05/2009 1:15 P.M. Location: FRT DOOR

YES!!! Ima run thru the SP tonight!

But the first thing ima do is take a peek and the MP settings and see if aim assist can be disabled since no one has replied with an answer yet.
What's your address? :D

Foxtastical said:
Can't be said enough, but it's only funny if South Park does it.
I'm sure Infinity Ward had the same thing in mind when they made the video - that it doesn't exactly correspond to gays anymore.
Unfortunately, it seems as though it still does for most people... hence the backlash.

snack

I'm looking for some YouTube users that post a shit load of their online gameplay. Anyone got names to give out? Thanks.

dark10x said:
The first release really wasn't bad, but it was definitely not quite as solid as the 360 version. Lower resolution textures, slightly more framerate hiccups, and a few other such things. Still, to most, the difference was not obvious.

I'd imagine MW2 has turned out better on PS3 than the original MW as this is now their second PS3 title. Furthermore, they are now using texture streaming to allow for higher resolution textures all around which should address some of those issues they had on PS3 with the first game. I'm sure you'll be happy with the PS3 version.

And remember: Naughty dog mentioned Infinity Ward in U2 credits, maybe they know how to make something special with those spes too.

Revolutionary said:
I'm sure Infinity Ward had the same thing in mind when they made the video - that it doesn't exactly correspond to gays anymore.
Unfortunately, it seems as though it still does for most people... hence the backlash.
I've just become tired of people arguing and yelling at each over words. I don't care about the actual words used, I care more about the content and motivations behind the word.

HooCares

Neo Member
cameltoe said:
CAN YOU DISABLE AIM ASSIST IN MP!!!

I want to know this to.

And Cameltoe, can you discuss what this was like in CoD W@W (no AIM assist from a console perspective)? I never played these games on PC and have no idea what it's like to not have aim assist. Didn't know you could disable it in W@W.

Mully

hamchan said:
It's pretty funny he's saying that. I always considered the UK dudes like Soap and Price to be the main characters in COD4 with the American only being side characters.

I was pointing out the comments from the YouTube video. It was in poor taste to say especially when it was just my opinion.

The game looks great. I am really hyped for the single player. To be honest I cannot wait for the single player because I know what I am getting in Multiplayer, great, balanced and fast paced game with a lot of action. However in Single player it's a wild card!
There's a freaking nuke in space!
What else could there be?

I'm going to go check the white trash Wal-Mart on my side of town and see if they are selling this early by accident. They're the only store in town that I've heard of that's ever broken street date, which they did for Fallout 3 last year.

Full Recovery said:
He was using tactical insertion. That's the risk he has to take in order to spawn where he wants.

This is true. I used the respawn stick and ended up getting killed by an enemy in MP and then respawning right in front of him again because he saw the flare and was waiting. You have to place them in spots a little more tactically than I thought.

Also, the MP textures take a dip graphically. There was one wall I came up to and it looked bad.

Still, the PS3 version graphically so far has really held up, even in scenes where there is so much going on. Framerate is great, textures are good, and everything has run without a hitch.

I would recommend the PS3 version to anybody who is thinking about getting it.

snack

djblackice said:
This is true. I used the respawn stick and ended up getting killed by an enemy in MP and then respawning right in front of him again because he saw the flare and was waiting. You have to place them in spots a little more tactically than I thought.

Also, the MP textures take a dip graphically. There was one wall I came up to and it looked bad.

Still, the PS3 version graphically so far has really held up, even in scenes where there is so much going on. Framerate is great, textures are good, and everything has run without a hitch.

I would recommend the PS3 version to anybody who is thinking about getting it.

Oh snap, totally forgot about Tactical Insertion. Thanks for clarifying.

RavenFox

Banned
dark10x said:

It has[not that there was an issue with the first]. Stated by a few posters some pages back

Septimus

Hey guys, I haven't played the single player campaign of CoD4 since the first week it came out (finished it). I want to refresh myself but I don't really feel like playing it over again. Anyone have links to any HD playthroughs?

Nightz

Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was delivered at 11:26 AM on November 5, 2009 in SAN DIEGO, CA 92154.

My PS3 version has been delivered! Now I gotta wait 3 more hours to get off work. :(

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Septimus said:
Hey guys, I haven't played the single player campaign of CoD4 since the first week it came out (finished it). I want to refresh myself but I don't really feel like playing it over again. Anyone have links to any HD playthroughs?

Honestly it might be faster to play through on easy than watch a play through, however here is a video walkthrough and alternative one (they aren't HD though) http://nextgenwalkthroughs.com/call-of-duty-4
http://www.archive.org/details/Call_of_duty_4_walkthrough_asoka

Haven't really been following this one too closely, but I'll definitely pick it up on Tuesday.

Has anyone who has the game early been able to confirm whether or not they've fixed the constantly respawing enemies (chokepoints) from the first MW? That was the one thing about that game I really disliked. When I play shooters I like to have the option to hunker down, hold a position and pick guys off one by one instead of being forced to 'bum rush' to a magical trigger point.

Full Recovery said:
He was using tactical insertion. That's the risk he has to take in order to spawn where he wants.

Anyone know if it's possible to drop the tactical insertion and then not use it on respawn? In case you get caught right as you drop it or something?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
danielijohnson said:
There's a tournament (MW2) at a local restaurant the night before it comes out. Anyone else have something like that?
El Pollo Loco is doing a free chicken dinner for winner.

HooCares

Neo Member
danielijohnson said:
There's a tournament (MW2) at a local restaurant the night before it comes out. Anyone else have something like that?

That's like that tourney they had for Super Mario Bros 3 before it came out. Oh man, you should've seen it! This kid used the warp whistles to advance way ahead of the other players for a beatdown of a win. How the fuck did he know about the whistles!?!!! The game wasn't even out yet.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Um... Am I allowed to post places that are selling MW2?

NYGAF Assemble?

Cause I know 3 places where you can get any version copy, for either console.

I'll edit in info, if a mod says ok

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
GraveRobberX said:
Um... Am I allowed to post places that are selling MW2?

NYGAF Assemble?

Cause I know 3 places where you can get any version copy, for either console.

I'll edit in info, if a mod says ok
Best keep that information to yourself.

Top Bottom