• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Nelo Ice

Banned
RJNavarrete said:
General question: Should I install the game to my HDD or not? I'm new to 360, so I'm a little clueless when it comes to these things. :D

My gamertag is RJeezy Von Z btw. Feel free to add me. (I only have MW2 for now)

i pretty much install everything that im going to play
helps load times for most games, no disc drive noise and it uses up hd space that otherwise wouldnt be used :lol

Macmanus

Tokubetsu said:
Every single time I'm forced to leave party chat because of a new game mode, I get sexually harassed. From my "voice is cute" to "Gargle my nuts for 8 dollars and some peppermint pattys"

Are you paying $50 a year for this privilege or are you lucky enough to be getting it for free?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Nelo Ice said:
i pretty much install everything that im going to play
helps load times for most games, no disc drive noise and it uses up hd space that otherwise wouldnt be used :lol

I install every game as soon as I get it. It makes sure the disk actually works, then you have the benefit of no noisy disk drive and in the majority of games you have faster loading.

LowParry

Pookaki said:
Oh god. That one is easy to. ):

Looks like im taking a break until these get fixed.

Why? It takes some work to get that going but against a full match? You barely will have the time to get it down.

in FFA I don't think it will be an issue. But in the slower team game types it would be pretty simple to find a quiet spot and drop 2 or 3 unimpeded.

:|

aparisi2274

So I just finished the single player campaign and I have a couple questions:

1. What does the completion amount mean? Mine is 52.7%... does that just mean I only found a little more than half of those intel laptops?

2. What is up with the ending? I assume it was left as a cliffhanger to setup MW3? I am not sure I like that.... it seems like IW was rushed to get this out and cut out the rest of the game. I mean how do you leave Makarov out there...

teekun

aparisi2274 said:
So I just finished the single player campaign and I have a couple questions:

1. What does the completion amount mean? Mine is 52.7%... does that just mean I only found a little more than half of those intel laptops?

Not sure why this is spoilered...
but it's a combination of your progress through all difficulties, and collected intel. 100% requires beating the game on Veteran, and collecting every intel laptop.

MrDaravon

Ugh, multiplayer looks like it's getting to the point where I'm about to stop playing. In the span of the last 3-4 days it seems like basically everyone has prestiged; I'm only a rank 36, but practically every match now I get pitted against groups full of people who have prestiged, and get absolutely destroyed. Even when I play with my friends who are all pretty damn good, and a few days ago we were all going 2.0+ ratios every match, we're getting our asses handed to us every single match by hardcore motherfuckers who do nothing but camp and somehow know where you are even when I've got Ninja/Cold-blooded and haven't fired a single shot the entire life and they just turn around and pop you like they're fucking psychic. You would think with the amount of people playing the game you could manage to get fairly even matches, I don't know if the casuals are just starting to drop off now or what.

Tokubetsu

SailorDaravon said:
Ugh, multiplayer looks like it's getting to the point where I'm about to stop playing. In the span of the last 3-4 days it seems like basically everyone has prestiged; I'm only a rank 36, but practically every match now I get pitted against groups full of people who have prestiged, and get absolutely destroyed. Even when I play with my friends who are all pretty damn good, and a few days ago we were all going 2.0+ ratios every match, we're getting our asses handed to us every single match by hardcore motherfuckers who do nothing but camp and somehow know where you are even when I've got Ninja/Cold-blooded and haven't fired a single shot the entire life and they just turn around and pop you like they're fucking psychic. You would think with the amount of people playing the game you could manage to get fairly even matches, I don't know if the casuals are just starting to drop off now or what.

You might just be on a bad streak. Happened to me earlier. Side note, friend of mine also had a kid say to him in S&D yesterday that he wanted to cut off his balls and stuff them down his throat. He was 11?

SailorDaravon said:

Weekends! Seriously. There are more people playing on weekends, which means its easier to get a good match.

Plus, you just go in streaks in this game. Yesterday I played for five hours straight, averaged 2.5:1, won all but two games, took my Commando perk from level zero to level six, and earned four Chopper Gunners and who knows how many Predator Missiles.

Today I played for an hour, lost all games, averaged 2:3, and only earned a single Predator Missile. You're probably in a bad streak - just tough it out and it'll come back :)

DarkJC

I know Scrambler giving away your proximity is old news but it's still amazing how many snipers have these great hiding spots I would've walked right by if they didn't have the scrambler broadcasting their presence.

DMeisterJ

Banned
DarkJC said:
I know Scrambler giving away your proximity is old news but it's still amazing how many snipers have these great hiding spots I would've walked right by if they didn't have the scrambler broadcasting their presence.

Yeah, it's one of the worst perks. It does the exact opposite as you basically can triangulate the position of the person without them ever knowing you are doing so. Amazingly it's an anti-perk, and as soon as I see my radar fading in/out, I know something is up.

DarkJC said:

:lol :lol :lol

I always figured that Scrambler is best for an in-your-face, run-and-gun class. It may alert them to your presence, but you're not really going for stealth. It provides a good distraction, and helps to throw your opponents off guard. Plus, if you're running around blind corners, having some free claymore protection is good too. Only downside is that you gotta give up Steady Aim for it.

I can also see it being very useful in Headquarters, where everybody knows where you are anyway, or in FFA. That said, imagine if your entire team used Scrambler in a Team Deathmatch. Take Estate for example. You could take the mansion easily and make it a real bitch to take back.

DMeisterJ said:
Yeah, it's one of the worst perks. It does the exact opposite as you basically can triangulate the position of the person without them ever knowing you are doing so. Amazingly it's an anti-perk, and as soon as I see my radar fading in/out, I know something is up.
Does the commander actually say "enemy jamming our radar" when you walk by a scrambler, or is that just for counter-UAV?

It's a low-level perk. Anyone have Srambler Pro? I'd love to know if it puts out a really wide jamming signal.

Speaking of anti-perks, seems like both games now have had some total shit perks. Who's gonna use Sitrep? Ever? It's like Dead Silence or whatever from COD4 -- wow, I just got a perk I'll never use.

While I've never actually used it myself, I don't think I've encountered a single instance of Scrambler not working in my (the opponent's) favor. Maybe it's just me.

DeuceMojo said:
Speaking of anti-perks, seems like both games now have had some total shit perks. Who's gonna use Sitrep? Ever? It's like Dead Silence or whatever from COD4 -- wow, I just got a perk I'll never use.

SitRep could be quite useful in S&D or Hardcore, although you'd have to give up Ninja for it.

Cday

Banned
They need to fix this picking up a gun while trying to plant the bomb crap. It's fucking up my game. Is it so hard to disable weapon pick ups within a couple feet of the bomb site?

DarkJC

DeuceMojo said:
Does the commander actually say "enemy jamming our radar" when you walk by a scrambler, or is that just for counter-UAV?

It's a low-level perk. Anyone have Srambler Pro? I'd love to know if it puts out a really wide jamming signal.

Scrambler Pro: Enemy claymores trip more slowly.

Doesn't seem worth it to me. =/

edit: and no, the enemy jamming our radar voice is only for counter UAV

Anyone noticed how machine guns just don't get the upper hand in a face off? I can't tell you how many times I've surprised someone in an alleyway or whatever, pulled the trigger on them, and they smoke me 80% of the time, every time :)lol) . Usually with an M4 or SCAR or something. Anyone seen the same thing -- like MGs are meant for long range kills or for surprise attacks?

MrDaravon

Tokubetsu said:
You might just be on a bad streak. Happened to me earlier. Side note, friend of mine also had a kid say to him in S&D yesterday that he wanted to cut off his balls and stuff them down his throat. He was 11?

Nice. I will see our horrible games tonight had an unitentionally hilarious highlight with this one random kid who joined our team. He spent the entire game, non-fucking stop calling out loud exactly what he was doing, like he was in the game. Better yet he seemed to actually be into it, and not just being sarcastic about it, so one of my friends told him because of team we were playing as, he had to do it in a Russian accent. So for about 10 minutes this kid in a terrible Russian accent was just non-stop calling out stuff like "Reloading", "Cover Me", "Hostiles Engaged", etc.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
SailorDaravon said:
Nice. I will see our horrible games tonight had an unitentionally hilarious highlight with this one random kid who joined our team. He spent the entire game, non-fucking stop calling out loud exactly what he was doing, like he was in the game. Better yet he seemed to actually be into it, and not just being sarcastic about it, so one of my friends told him because of team we were playing as, he had to do it in a Russian accent. So for about 10 minutes this kid in a terrible Russian accent was just non-stop calling out stuff like "Reloading", "Cover Me", "Hostiles Engaged", etc.
Sometimes, for reasons like this, I regret going Friends Only. :lol

SailorDaravon said:

:lol :lol :lol

unomas

Banned
SailorDaravon said:

Amazing and hilarious! I've heard people repeating the same things as well, it can be annoying or entertaining depending on how you react to it.

MrDaravon

vatstep said:
Sometimes, for reasons like this, I regret going Friends Only. :lol

Yeah, in this case I only even caught it because one of the guys we were playing with told us that we had to unmute this kid, it was worth it for once :lol

Stantron

DMeisterJ said:
The way they should have made Scrambler work instead is to randomly place a red dot(s) on an enemy's radar to confuse him to pursue a false location, and also make it so that the magnitude of radar disruption does not allow the user to have his position triangulated.

Yeef

DMeisterJ said:
I disagree. Scrambler is great, but it's not intended for lone wolves. It makes it so much easier to flank people if you travel in a group and one person has scrambler.

Jonsoncao

Banned
DMeisterJ said:
I was playing a game today where there were about six or seven air drops in the span of maybe 2 minutes, but nothing really came of it... It makes perfect sense now.

what makes you think ppl playing with you were using the glitch?

Yeef

If I'm understanding how the glitch works properly then you need one person from each team for it to work (though I suppose you could do it on hardcore), so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

[edit]Oh, never mind. I didn't watch the video beyond the first part with the crappy music originally. That's a really shitty glitch.

OMGLOL A LLAMA

Neo Member
Help Gaf, when I got Modern Warfare 2 early, I was doing insanely well, I would go 30-2 pretty much every other match, it was great. Now i'm struggling to even get a positive kill/death. I've been getting stuff like 17-30 and stupid crap like that. Any tips? If it'll help you, I use the m16, ACR, Barett 50 Cal, or akimbo rangers.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Jonsoncao said:
what makes you think ppl playing with you were using the glitch?

The match was barely started (maybe 20 kills in), and only 3 people had 3 or more kills, and none of them had more than double that. So for six/seven to be used and only 3 people had kills over 3 is amazing to me.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Just had a hardcore deathmatch with the infinite crate glitch on the other team. Had three guys in the snowy sub dock level- two guys were protecting this other guy as he threw flash bangs in the sea, then air drops until they had pretty much every air unit you can imagine.

And with that I'm not playing this game anymore until there's a patch.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I have a question about the SP story

Why do they launch the nuke over Washington DC? One of the dudes you just rescued thinks it'll be a good idea and cuts off Shepard, and Shepard doesn't want him to. But then they go ahead and do it anyway on that mission. Did they go rouge and launch the nuke from the sub even though Shepard doesn't want him to? Or what the hell was up with that, like why would they even want to do that...? Is it because the plan was just to kill the Russians invading right there in DC so that they wouldn't get any further?

Someone explain that whole scenario to me? I just finished the Washington DC level where you light the flares.

Adam Prime said:
I have a question about the SP story

Why do they launch the nuke over Washington DC? One of the dudes you just rescued thinks it'll be a good idea and cuts off Shepard, and Shepard doesn't want him to. But then they go ahead and do it anyway on that mission. Did they go rouge and launch the nuke from the sub even though Shepard doesn't want him to? Or what the hell was up with that, like why would they even want to do that...? Is it because the plan was just to kill the Russians invading right there in DC so that they wouldn't get any further?

Someone explain that whole scenario to me? I just finished the Washington DC level where you light the flares.

A nuke lets of an EMP blast during detonation. Because of this they detonated the bomb in the atmosphere where it didn't hurt anybody but disabled all the electronics in DC. This caused all the jets and helicopters to crash, all the communications to go out, and pretty much put a halt to their invasion. Of course this also cripples the American army and the EMP only effected an isolated area. The West coast and I'd guess the rest of the East coast was still fucked.

So any Gaffers playing on PS3 tonight? I'm down to get a team together.

bigswords

SailorDaravon said:

It's better then your teammates calling you gooks or go back to gook land yea?

Motherfucking asshole people , I AM ALREADY IN MY GOOK COUNTRY!

I AM PLAYING ONLINE on the interweb with the interweb trucks and shit. Fuck IW and Fuck no party chat. Ground war is the only way to go.

bigswords said:

I AM PLAYING ONLINE on the interweb with the interweb trucks and shit. Fuck IW and Fuck no party chat. Ground war is the only way to go.
:lol

What the hell?

Nelo Ice

Banned
so i guess nukes have actually been pretty common for me since ive launched 3 myself and have seen another from the enemy team and earlier tonight a teammate launched a nuke

Wallach

bigswords said:

LOL, post of the day. :lol

bigswords

Tkawsome said:
:lol

What the hell?

Sorry I'm pissed at the lack of party chat. All I said was " there's an enemy below the bridge". Then my teammate says, eh yeah that's why we are losing due to a lagging gook! GO BACK TO GOOKLand!

Fuck I just pressed on I didn't want to get a lost match without trying. In the end my team won, and I just quit and played l4d2 and borderlands with friends.

Damn sometimes it isn't worth it to communicate. Even Halo 3 teammatches weren't this bad.

bigswords said:
Sorry I'm pissed at the lack of party chat. All I said was " there's an enemy below the bridge". Then my teammate says, eh yeah that's why we are losing due to a lagging gook! GO BACK TO GOOKLand!

Fuck I just pressed on I didn't want to get a lost match without trying. In the end my team won, and I just quit and played l4d2 and borderlands with friends.

Damn sometimes it isn't worth it to communicate. Even Halo 3 teammatches weren't this bad.

Don't apologize, I'm laughing at the person who told you to go back to your own country while online. It's so ridiculous, it's hilarious.

Top Bottom