• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

kuYuri

Looks like Hardcore HQ will be coming soon finally.

fourzerotwo's Twitter said:
We're planning to add a new hardcore playlist to #MW2 just in time for the holiday break. Look for Hardcore Ricochet: HQ Pro on Wednesday!

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Man, what the fock was IW thinking with the 40 FMJ kills challenge?!

I'm going to have to play in the third person mode and try to get all my FMJ kills there... UGH.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Just had my best game ever. It was Domination and I went 32-10, had the most objective points and was 5 kills away from getting a Nuke. Felt awesome =D

scoobs

Cerrius said:

I'm going to have to play in the third person mode and try to get all my FMJ kills there... UGH.

:( what a horrible idea!

Accident

Cerrius said:

Try playing Headquarters, if you know a building that is full of people it is not that hard.

Tokubetsu

Accident said:
Try playing Headquarters, if you know a building that is full of people it is not that hard.

It's still not that easy man. Unless you fucking cheat and boost, you're still looking at least 2 days of playing with that kit before you hit 40 fmj kills. After a day of playing, I managed to hit 13 our so and just gave up. Said fuck it, extended mags is not that important to me.

Mileena

Banned
Man I wish there was an unranked mode. I'm trying to get good with the Barrett + ACOG and no scoping but I don't want to ruin my precious k/d

Insaniac

just played a game with some real hardcore campers. worst experience I've had in this game so far.

Unfortunately I didnt' have my dangerclose class to flush them out of their hidey holes with noob toobs, grenades and rockets.

corkscrewblow said:
Man I wish there was an unranked mode. I'm trying to get good with the Barrett + ACOG and no scoping but I don't want to ruin my precious k/d
I don't think it'd be much good anyway - presumably you'd just have bunch of people trying new weapons, interspersed with people using exclusively throwing knives and riot shields. it'd be mad funny, but I don't think it'd be great training for ranked games!

Ten-Song said:
Last stand seems really pointless to me now, but oddly enough, I really love final stand as a death streak.

I'm only using it because I'm trying to get the pro version of every perk.
I hate how if you're moving and you go into last stand you then automatically begin crawling in the direction that you were moving; unless you let go of the right stick. When you're crawling you have no crosshairs, so it instantly makes you a sitting duck making pistol kills a lot harder to get.

Accident

Tokubetsu said:
It's still not that easy man. Unless you fucking cheat and boost, you're still looking at least 2 days of playing with that kit before you hit 40 fmj kills. After a day of playing, I managed to hit 13 our so and just gave up. Said fuck it, extended mags is not that important to me.

I think i got the 40 kills with the M16 in 2 or 3 hours.

Try getting the kills in Terminal, stay in the plane and shoot through the windows on the side, that is at least 5 kills in one game. In some maps like Favela and Rundown you can also shoot the campers that hide behind the windows.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Accident said:
I think i got the 40 kills with the M16 in 2 or 3 hours.

Try getting the kills in Terminal, stay in the plane and shoot through the windows on the side, that is at least 5 kills in one game.

The opposite works too. I stay in that elevated room just across the way and shoot people who hide in the plane.

Ten-Song said:
Last stand seems really pointless to me now, but oddly enough, I really love final stand as a death streak.
I used the final stand death streak for the first time last night. First time I got to use it I thought it was like last stand, I shot the guy who 'killed' me whilst laying on the floor and then waited to die accept I recovered, stood up and carried on as normal. Kinda felt sorry for the guy who shot me and got nothing :lol

Ten-Song

micromagic said:
I used the final stand death streak for the first time last night. First time I got to use it I thought it was like last stand, I shot the guy who 'killed' me whilst laying on the floor and then waited to die accept I recovered, stood up and carried on as normal. Kinda felt sorry for the guy who shot me and got nothing :lol

I think that's why it works really well as a death streak. When you manage to recover from it, you can REALLY recover. Mostly though, I just like that I can go down before dying and still get a chance to toss grenades.

Why I feel its also best as a death streak, is because constantly going into the down but not out phase is kind of annoying to me. In stuff like objective games, I won't bother half the time and just hold the button to die and respawn again. The way it works with last stand is not only better functionally, but also means that I don't deal with it as often (unless I'm really playing like ass during a game).

DoomGyver

FMJ is easy if you only use it on maps like Favela. Do not use it exclusively for example, don't use it on wasteland or afghan because you're wasting an attachment slot.

minx

Full Recovery said:
FMJ is easy if you only use it on maps like Favela. Do not use it exclusively for example, don't use it on wasteland or afghan because you're wasting an attachment slot.
This is pretty much what I did. I also found ways to only kill guys through walls. I would wait for someone to get on the other side of a thin wall and unload. Only took me a couple hours. Still a pain in the ass though.

Nelo Ice

Banned
finally just got my 4th nuke and completed ultimate sacrifice(nuke the other team while ur team is losing) btw that challenge is what nets u the cod4 revolving star icon

i got 24 kills with my chopper gunner and harrier decimating everything in their path at the same time and while my harrier was up it kept kill stealing from me :lol
then where i camped to protect my body i got the last kill myself :D

ch0mp

roosters93 said:
Huh? I get yellow every (non-Aus) game and most of the time get a positive K/d fine.

5-6mbps btw.

I also get a positive ratio with yellow. That doesn't make it worth playing.

DoomGyver

Local search really is a must, and they better make it DEFAULT. If I play at night in the US I get matched up with AUS, UK, France, and probably more that I don't know.

It would help decrease the lag for everyone.

Full Recovery said:
Local search really is a must, and they better make it DEFAULT. If I play at night in the US I get matched up with AUS, UK, France, and probably more that I don't know.

It would help decrease the lag for everyone.

yes

amar212

From Croatian perspective, I really hate matchmaking with players from Spain.

For some unkown reason Spain is lagging so horrible that even UK players are nothing compared to them.

Will not even talk about US, we just quit the lobby or match as we realise that US players are on the other side. Sorry about that, just a matter of ping.

Local matchmaking is the must, this is really annoying.

Enosh

Cerrius said:

I have done it for the M16 and ACR
at points I have been preaty much shooting randomly through walls in the hope of hitting something

you have to imagine the laughter on my side when I got a head shot by doing this :lol

but terminal is a quite good map to get through the wall kills

Manp

wow... had my first match with more than 20 kills! :D 21k/7d :lol
but sometimes i still get owned soooo bad :lol

:)

Certain maps let you easily get FMJ kills at certain spots.

And I'll be damned if I can remember the names of the maps which do lol. The one with the three bridges. Theres always someone in the house at the third bridge where theres a stone wall you can shoot through. Just make sure you arent aiming at them but aiming at the wall where there feet and body would be. It takes me about 10 games to get an FMJ challenge, but I also won't even try on certain maps. Also Terminal, Mad FMJ up in that shit. Shooting into the plane, shooting through bookcases or walls. In that long corrider people shoot between shoot through the walls at the left or right into where they would pop out at if that makes any sense. Skidrow is good too for them. Shoot through the ceiling at flag lol.

In fact it was kind of weird not having FMJ after a bunch of games having it. Felt like I was handicapped sometimes not being able to penetrate walls easily.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
I still have no idea how people can get kill streaks so high. My best was 10 and that was really lucky. I usually struggle to get 5 or 6 streak, and if I do, I'm almost guaranteed to die right after!

Just don't understand!

I'm so glad this game has been devoid of a couple things so far in my games:

1) spawn campers, worst thing in the damn world and so glad I haven't run into it so far. Most important thing for me.
2) no grenade spamming.

kaizoku said:
I still have no idea how people can get kill streaks so high. My best was 10 and that was really lucky. I usually struggle to get 5 or 6 streak, and if I do, I'm almost guaranteed to die right after!

Just don't understand!

I'm so glad this game has been devoid of a couple things so far in my games:

1) spawn campers, worst thing in the damn world and so glad I haven't run into it so far. Most important thing for me.
2) no grenade spamming.

Killstreak rewards, my good friend.

Most have the set-up of:

5 kills - Predator Missile
7 kills - Harrier Strike
11 kills - Chopper Gunner

If you can get up to 5, then you've already done the hardest part. The Predator Missile will almost always allow you to get one kill, and sometimes two or three. That should take you up to your Harrier, which can net you one or two kills just from the airstrike, and as long as someone doesn't shoot it down, should kill enough people to take you to 10 or 11 kills. At the same time you might want to get a few kills, but play on the safe side so that you don't get killed and lose your streak.

If you can get up the chopper gunner, then you're in business. Some maps (like Karachi for instance) don't work so well with the gunner, but for most maps, and particularly open stuff like Wasteland, Afghan and Derail it is simply ridiculous how many kills you can notch up.Some prefer the AC-130, but I find the gunner more reliable and faster in taking down foes.

Has anyone gone out of their way to try to find the person using the Chopper Gunner or AC-130?

It's just occurred to me that when these are up, all I try to do is hide from them.

There must be a few out of the way spots that people use.

MarkMclovin said:
Has anyone gone out of their way to try to find the person using the Chopper Gunner or AC-130?

It's just occurred to me that when these are up, all I try to do is hide from them.

You're doing it wrong. Shoot them down!

mbmonk

cameltoe said:
get the tritton 720's can be used with the 360, ps3 and PC....I have them and they sound great. I had the tritton pros and ax360's...these sound much better. Had the TB x3's and they were not so good.

Just had to say thanks to Camel.

I was looking for some headphones to work the PS3 & PC. I was set on the P21 headphones until I saw this reply. I researched the Tritton ax 720 and ended up buying them. I am really enjoying them. Thank you.

You know, with the big deal that they made about the Juggernaut in Spec Ops, I'm curious why they didn't come up with a way to include him in multiplayer. Imagine if he was a killstreak bonus - get 7 kills and call in the Juggernaut to wreak havoc on the other team. Or if there was a Juggernaut free-for-all variant.

Actually, the one game mode I always wanted to see would have probably made more sense in W@W, but would work anywhere really: Zombie Team Deathmatch. Every time someone on your team was killed, your team would gain a "zombie" which would spawn somewhere out on the map and hunt down the other team. Pretty soon the game would turn into total chaos, with zombies and people running around everywhere.

I guess I'm just really interested to see what kind of new game modes IW is going to be adding. Demolition is really the only new thing, and it's not even all that great. Bring back War!

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
_Alkaline_ said:
Killstreak rewards, my good friend.

Most have the set-up of:

5 kills - Predator Missile
7 kills - Harrier Strike
11 kills - Chopper Gunner

If you can get up to 5, then you've already done the hardest part. The Predator Missile will almost always allow you to get one kill, and sometimes two or three. That should take you up to your Harrier, which can net you one or two kills just from the airstrike, and as long as someone doesn't shoot it down, should kill enough people to take you to 10 or 11 kills. At the same time you might want to get a few kills, but play on the safe side so that you don't get killed and lose your streak.

If you can get up the chopper gunner, then you're in business. Some maps (like Karachi for instance) don't work so well with the gunner, but for most maps, and particularly open stuff like Wasteland, Afghan and Derail it is simply ridiculous how many kills you can notch up.Some prefer the AC-130, but I find the gunner more reliable and faster in taking down foes.
This man speaks the truth. Once you get that first 5, the rest of the chain is pretty much on auto-pilot. I've executed my entire chain more than once in a single game before. It's all about chaining up those first 5, my friend.

As a side note, I've switched from an M9 sidearm to a M93 Raffika 3 shot burst machine pistol. Shit's bananas. It feels like I'm just using a mini-M16 when I run out of ammo on my actual M16 :lol

mileS

huacst21 said:
It's been on youtube since the 15th. The original has been out a day earlier.

You could type MW2 glitches in youtube and see the glitches for yourself. Linking to the video doesn't matter at this point, so stop crying.

It is IW's fault for having so many glitches pass through QA in the COD series.

You really thought cheaters weren't going to find glitches in a new COD game within days of it's release? Really?

Did I say anything about that? Really? (hey look at me i'm cool2) Gotta love the typical "stop crying" comment. Was my post really that bad? Sure you can just search it on youtube but there's plenty of people that don't even think of that and just causally read this thread.

pringles

Cerrius said:

I don't know why everyone is having such issues with that. I agree 40 is a bit high, should have been more like 25-30, but it's not that hard.
On Skidrow I can get 5-10 penetration kills in one game pretty easily. Just hang around the upstairs corridor. As others mentioned, Terminal is good for it too.
Actually in doing the FMJ challenge for both the Famas and the M16 I've started to feel like it's a really useful attachment. It gives you extra shot damage, which if you don't use stopping power is a godsend, and it enables you to kill people even after they think they're safe behind cover.
M16+holographic and FMJ has been increasing my K/D at a steady rate.

pringles said:
I don't know why everyone is having such issues with that. I agree 40 is a bit high, should have been more like 25-30, but it's not that hard.
For the SCAR it was fairly quick, but the AUG for some reason is taking me hours and hours just to get to 16. It's a pain to grind through a weapon for mastery, but all-in-all it's more fun than its predecessor.

Drastic

J-Rzez said:
Your tears, they fuel me. Don't like it, just mute it. If you're dumb enough to try going toe to toe with trash talking, then it's no one's fault but yourself. Besides, it's all in fun and games, and many people have a good time joking around. That's how I filled my old friend list basically, with people who can take a joke.

Funny thing is, fucking around with all that and I'm still at 1.83 k/d. :lol

Oh I do, Toggle Mute is the first thing I do when I hear n*****, you're g**, your mom!, f**, and all the variety of prepubescent vitriol you guys spew. But not everyone does it by reflex like this, and just a few seconds of your idiocy is enough to turn them off.

Funny you really get jizzed by pissing people off and say they can't take a joke.

If I were a friend of your dad's and happen to be at your house and hear you spouting this crap? I'd wait til he was busy answering door/phone/whatever and go kick you in the ribs as hard as possible. "Oh snap, sorry I didn't mean to trip over you there kiddo!" But of course, it would just be a joke.

Pssst, nobody GAS about your KDR.

divisionbyzorro said:
I guess I'm just really interested to see what kind of new game modes IW is going to be adding. Demolition is really the only new thing, and it's not even all that great. Bring back War!
IW has always had the more limited list of game modes. War is a Treyarch concept and IW has never used it. I'll agree, I thought War was a great mode -- far more interesting than, say, Capture the Flag. But we'll never see it or zombies in an IW game, and that's OK with me. I just wish there was a little more to choose from.

andycapps

MarkMclovin said:

It's quicker for me to pull out my Stinger and shoot the choppa out of the air. But when I get something I don't really go to what is obviously a good hiding place as I think someone may find me laying down back there.. a lot of times I'll go into an area I don't think is that common and I'll just lay down in some tall grass. It's pretty easy to hide in the grass and not be seen unless you move.

andycapps said:
It's quicker for me to pull out my Stinger and shoot the choppa out of the air. But when I get something I don't really go to what is obviously a good hiding place as I think someone may find me laying down back there.. a lot of times I'll go into an area I don't think is that common and I'll just lay down in some tall grass. It's pretty easy to hide in the grass and not be seen unless you move.
One of my more satisfying kills was hitting someone with a shotgun while he stood there with a laptop open. I thought "ooooh, how painful to be using the AC-130 one moment and dead the next. Yeeowch." :D

Foxtastical said:
Played a bunch of matches with Dane Cook last night. Shit was wahjah, he had banana riders up in there.
Dane Cook is an understated genius and truly one of the finest performers of the past century.*

*denotes probable sarcasm.

DeuceMojo said:
One of my more satisfying kills was hitting someone with a shotgun while he stood there with a laptop open. I thought "ooooh, how painful to be using the AC-130 one moment and dead the next. Yeeowch." :D

Dane Cook is an understated genius and truly one of the finest performers of the past century.*

*denotes probable sarcasm.
Haha, I don't care for his work at all, but I just didn't expect it. That, and he was a solid teammate.

Pete Rock

divisionbyzorro said:
You know, with the big deal that they made about the Juggernaut in Spec Ops, I'm curious why they didn't come up with a way to include him in multiplayer. Imagine if he was a killstreak bonus - get 7 kills and call in the Juggernaut to wreak havoc on the other team. Or if there was a Juggernaut free-for-all variant.
Was discussing this exact killstreak bonus yesterday after going through Snatch & Grab on vet with a buddy, it wouldn't even be too shabby as a player controlled kit if it had a timer and cqb oriented weapons that forced them to make the most of it. Although I do like the idea of an short lived and wildly crazed AI rush character coming on the scene ala the mysterious stranger in Fallout 3, and I like the free for all idea even more. It seems so obvious though, they must have tried to implement it someway and I can only assume it didn't shake out. I'd definitely take it over a sentry airdrop any day of the week.

Top Bottom