• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

snack

I remember in W@W Ground War online play, I'd always lag right after respawn for a couple of seconds. This would happen even if I had a full bar connection. Was that just me, or did they happen to anyone else?

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Just saw a commercial for Modern Warfare 2 using Eminem's 'Till I Collapse as the background music... interesting.

Revolutionary said:
Just got back from a Mom & Pop in the city... can you believe there was a line for this? :lol

Me too! Wait... are you in NYC? I dont wanna take the store's name, but was it in the college/East Village area?

Kibbles

So have pixel counters determined if this is 720p? I can't tell the difference between 640p (or whatever it was) and 720p, but MW2 looks sharper.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
A store down the block from me is selling this game. For 70 bucks. Crazy shit. The store is in Staten Island if anyone wants to know.

iamcool388 said:
Me too! Wait... are you in NYC? I dont wanna take the store's name, but was it in the college/East Village area?
Yep! :lol

I was one of the 15 or so there for the PS3 version. The other 50 or so were 360. :lol

Definitely can't wait to finally delve in to this one. I know a couple buddies that actually booked off two or three days just to play the game... though I didn't go that far.

I just hope that after grabbing one of the sale copies off of Futureshop that they have same day delivery, it'll be killer if I have to wait all next week for it to finally show up.

J-Rzez

I told my friends about all these mom and pop stores selling it early and they've been driving around here for 3.5hrs now trying to find one to sell it early. Unfortunately for them, we don't have many (as in 3) here in NE PA and most of them close early. :lol

Seems like NYC is a hot spot for selling this early.

TBH though, if all these stores, including the privately owned M&P stores got it already, what harm is there in it to sell it early. Just let ALL the retailers go on it. Hell, my friend told me they had these boxes for over a week now (works at a store where the sku isn't effective until launch day).

cresto

Question on the Toys'R'Us Preorder: Do you have to do it in store or does the online transfer to a store? I'm almost certain it doesn't, but thought I'd ask for clarification.

Online is so god damn additive just like the first one going to OD on this game!

Edit: I'm a bit disappointed in the spec mode. 2 players really... I was hoping for something similar to the zombie mode in WaW : (

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
dragonflys545 said:
Online is so god damn additive just like the first one going to OD on this game!

Edit: I'm a bit disappointed in the spec mode. 2 players really... I was hoping for something similar to the zombie mode in WaW : (

I've been up to 4am for the last 2 days playing on a workweek. It's really got that 'just one more game...just one more game' feeling.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
dragonflys545 said:

I am so jealous of you right now.

LeMaximilian said:
I've been up to 4am for the last 2 days playing on a workweek. It's really got that 'just one more game...just one more game' feeling.

I definitely get that feeling as well, But since they are going to reset the leader board. I should take some times off playing other games, before i get totally suck in by this one godly game!!! :lol

J-Rzez said:
I told my friends about all these mom and pop stores selling it early and they've been driving around here for 3.5hrs now trying to find one to sell it early. Unfortunately for them, we don't have many (as in 3) here in NE PA and most of them close early. :lol

Seems like NYC is a hot spot for selling this early.

TBH though, if all these stores, including the privately owned M&P stores got it already, what harm is there in it to sell it early. Just let ALL the retailers go on it. Hell, my friend told me they had these boxes for over a week now (works at a store where the sku isn't effective until launch day).

They want big numbers for first day sales PR.

Revolutionary said:
Yep! :lol

I was one of the 15 or so there for the PS3 version. The other 50 or so were 360. :lol

Dude... DUDE. Were you there till the end? A few people were turned away because they didnt have enough 360 copies (they gave first priority to those who had already paid it off.) I was the last guy in line who wanted a PS3 copy and got it. Another guy behind me wanted a 360, but ended up getting the PS3 one because the store ran out.

Btw, I was the one with the cane! :lol

RS4-

iamcool388 said:
There was a guy in Brooklyn who tried selling it to me for 175 bucks. :lol
Haha, yeah it's crazy. I remember this one guy on RFD trying to sell an opened copy of GTA4 a few days early for $200 :lol

Bah few more days!

Ephemeris

Anyone here with the Hardened version? Debating whether it's worth the extra $, considering I love the case but have no interest in HD COD1.
iamcool388 said:
There was a guy in Brooklyn who tried selling it to me for 175 bucks. :lol
:lol Been going on all day.

LowParry

Well. I have a quest this weekend. And that is to muster up cash for a 360. I just can't fathom the thought of playing the gimped PC version. Plus playing on the PS3, which would be the best alt, has the suckiest controller for it. I might swoop up one of those Wal Mart deals. If not, I have local classifieds that I could sniff around. Either way, it's going to be a very long weekend.

dagZ

Ephemeris said:
Anyone here with the Hardened version? Debating whether it's worth the extra $, considering I love the case but have no interest in HD COD1.

:lol Been going on all day.

sell me your COD1 at a discounted price? :D

Nizz

Congrats to all who have the game already...
I hate you all! ;)
Can't wait till my PS3 copy gets here. :D

DevelopmentArrested said:
wtf? of course not. first time through on hardened 8-12

TimeLike said:
First playthrough on Regular took me 8:32 according to the game's clock. I didn't stop to search for anything.

I've just finished the campaign on around 5 hours. It's not a long game at all, and I died so many times you could probably shave off half an hour or more due to that. There's no way in hell you're going to spend 12 hours on the campaign.

It's a good singe player game, but I'd say MW1 has a better one. Personally I'd give it around 7/10. Now on to spec ops!

Edit: Oh, and the end credits were pretty funny!

Wow @ the "disturbing scene" detailed at the game's start up.

Fox News and he who shall not be named are going to have a field day with this one.

Early game story spoilers:
You walk into an airport, while undercover, and unload on a crowd of civilians then walk through the level gunning down everyone as they run from you.

In-sane.

Vyse The Legend said:

Fox News and he who shall not be named are going to have a field day with this one.

You walk into an airport, while undercover, and unload on a crowd of civilians then walk through the level gunning down everyone as they run from you.

In-sane.

This has been known for quite some time now, and it's been in the media already.

Ephemeris

Vyse The Legend said:

In-sane.

But think of the
countless many you'll save in the future.

Dizzan said:
Does it still have the infinite respawning enemies?

Nope! But it sure feels like it at some points. (Well, it could very well still be there, but I'm sure I cleared out some areas after shooting LOTS of bad guys - not just by reaching an invisible checkpoint line).

I'm left with the feeling that IW just took the "easy" way out with the difficulty, by just throwing enemies en masse at you, and you'll see the death screen A LOT. But I guess it's how war feels like :lol

Dizzan

MINI Member
FoxHimself said:
Nope! But it sure feels like it at some points. (Well, it could very well still be there, but I'm sure I cleared out some areas after shooting LOTS of bad guys - not just by reaching an invisible checkpoint line).

I'm left with the feeling that IW just took the "easy" way out with the difficulty, by just throwing enemies en masse at you, and you'll see the death screen A LOT. But I guess it's how war feels like :lol

Fuck me. How hard is it to change the code from infinte to 40.

gnarkill bill said:
Any Chicagoans know of a place selling it early? I can never seem to find a place willing to sell it early. I...NEED THIS.
This. Why do all shops in Chicago suck ass and follow the rules? Fuckers.

DukeSucks

Nardonicus said:
man....fuck all you fuckers playing the game early. I need this shit now.

anyone know of any shops selling it early near Raleigh?

I'm interested in anywhere in Raleigh or east of Raleigh

tHoMNZ

h4k said:
I remember in W@W Ground War online play, I'd always lag right after respawn for a couple of seconds. This would happen even if I had a full bar connection. Was that just me, or did they happen to anyone else?

happens on PC too. It's normal

So anyone playing the PS3 version, can you mute people during the lobby now, or is it like CoD4/WaW where you can only do it once the match starts and have to re-mute everyone per match?

ZeroRay

ThirstyFly said:
So anyone playing the PS3 version, can you mute people during the lobby now, or is it like CoD4/WaW where you can only do it once the match starts and have to re-mute everyone per match?

402 confirmed lobby mute IIRC.

Top Bottom