• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

RbBrdMan said:
I am horrible at this game. I don't remember being this bad at cod4. In fact I remember having a +1 K/D ratio in cod4.

Dudes I'm lucky to get 10 kills while dying close to 20 times. I haven't even seen my over 3 killstreak perks. I hate whining like a bitch but fuck man.... I've played for close to 5 hours online. I don't know the maps as well as I should/could yet so hopefully I'll have an epiphany and soon.

So discouraged.

Stick with it, you'll be rewarded.

I'd suggest using Medium sensitivity and for assault rifles go with the M4A1 with stopping power, marathon and steady aim.

Those three will get you on the board in no time. Also, don't go for objectives - go AROUND objectives! You'll be coming up behind people in no time (or run right into them!).

JB1981

DMeisterJ said:
Any other PS3 owner notice that this game has Cross-Game Invites? Receiving invites from the XMB is nothing new, but usually you have to be in the game's MP mode to accept said request, but with MW2 you can be in the XMB or another game/app and so long as the game is in, it will boot the game right to the lobby of your friend.

That's awesome, and I comment IW for it given how they couldn't even be arsed to add rumble support to MW1.

I don't think we'll ever see a system wide CGI system, but I do think it will be mandatory like Trophies and Rumble in the near future since it really works well.

yep best invite system on ps3 so far. should be universal, like you said but sadly it's not.

pringles

Lionheart1827 said:
I was actually pissed that veteran was WAY too easy this time around. No challenge whatsoever.

Although, the later Spec Ops mission on veteran I feel is the NEW veteran challenge.
High Explosive and Armor Piercing are so damn hard on veteran.. until you realize there's a super easy way to complete them if you are 2 players.

CorporalDork said:
If they're running at you, why not throw a semtex at them at stick it on them, or alternatively - enable commando and knife them before they knife you...
Thats a good idea I'II try.

With all these different set-ups I use/need I really wish we had far
more custom slots.
As of now I have my HC class, FFA, Sniper, LMG big dmg, HC alternative 2.

My K/D ratio is totally up the wazoo - but I don't really care about crap like that so I don't even know what it is, but it's less than 1.0, it always takes me five or six (or more) games to get into 'the zone', and I really only play free for all at the moment, so you're bound to die way more anyway.

By the end of the night, I've played 5 or 6 hours and I'm winning or top 3'ing every game with 20+ kills, but tend to die that many times too.

The number of times you get killed in the back or spawn killed in Rust is hilarious... I fkn love that map.

Slight of Hand Pro is a perk that I just can't keep to give up for anything else... god damn, I would love to have two attachments per weapon with Bling Pro, but I can't believe how god damn long it takes to re-load without it!

How am I going to overcome this? Because I'm getting close to being done on my challenges for Slight of Hand :(

Nelo Ice

Banned
eternaLightness said:
Saw my first live nuke today. Everyone seems to just laugh it off.

when i got my last nuke the other team was like how the hell did that guy get 25 kills?! and someone else said he might of cheated :lol

Shawsie64

Banned
Pkm said:
I hate to come off as a complainer, I just find it silly.
Like I said I'm just now adapting to softcore since most of my
mates need the HUD/Ability to eat bullets/Killcam.

I just think after so many FPS's someone would add in a damage speed
penalty. It be nice if shots made a targets abilty to evade or escape
decrease or at least have bullets drastically effect forward rushing
momentum.

It is quite a good idea actually. I have been killed by a knife running maniac a few times and while it is frustrating I give them as good as I get most the time

Nelo Ice said:
when i got my last nuke the other team was like how the hell did that guy get 25 kills?! and someone else said he might of cheated :lol

i like it more when i get a nuke and then everyones like "omg who got that nuke der? " and im the only one with over 25 kills :lol

Minamu

Emergency airdrop. Just sayin'.

Does anyone know how bullet deflection works with the shield? o_O I've absorbed about 6000 damage with it so far but only deflected a bit over 100 bullets. I don't get it, what am I doing wrong? Too much hardcore?

DoomGyver

commish said:
That's awesome, though that's not really what I would consider camping.
Yeah.. I consider camping someone with an SMG sitting in a corner with no peripheral vision looking straight ahead and endlessly waiting for someone to run by. Not a sniper laying prone facing one of the busiest sections of the map.

shuri

Banned
I saw some weird thing going on, 360 version. I think there is an exploit going around

There was this guy called OW3AGE II, he would, i assume stay somewhere, but he kept headshotting another guy, HALO HUNTER H20, and i mean like every 2-3 seconds. His clan name was [NUKE]. I wish i had a way to record it, but i saw him get the nuke in about 3 minutes in 3 rounds in a row.

I didnt move, and i saw his name popup every 2-3 seconds, headshotting the same guy, over and over again. he would then launch the nuke.

I assume that 'Halo Hunter H20' had set a respawn point next to him, and he would respawn non stop, and OW3AGE II would headshot him.

I reported his ass, but i know it wont do shit.

shuri said:
There was this guy called OW3AGE II, he would, i assume stay somewhere, but he kept headshotting another guy, HALO HUNTER H20, and i mean like every 2-3 seconds. His clan name was [NUKE]. I wish i had a way to record it, but i saw him get the nuke in about 3 minutes in 3 rounds in a row.

Probably a friend who got split off his team and they stayed away from the battle somewhere safe while his friend ran over to him 25 times. (seems it would take 3 minutes or so with marathon on and almost instant respawns)

One of the main reasons party splitting should NEVER be allowed in ANY GAME EVER.

Chittagong

Gold Member
ok this is going to sound stupid but here we go

I use a SCAR-H with a thermal scope. It's really hard to hit anything, be it close or far, because the crosshair just keeps on jumping back and forth as I fire. Still, according to the stats, it's on of the most accurate weapons. Since I've boosted it up I've been sticking with it and just emptying the clip until something hits.

Now, I was watching someone else in killcam and they could shoot me really long bursts of bullets with some weapon having laser sight, without any bouncing at all, landing home perfectly. What gives?

Also, how do I ever manage to upgrade another weapon, going in with a no attachments surely is suicide?

Chittagong said:
ok this is going to sound stupid but here we go

I use a SCAR-H with a thermal scope. It's really hard to hit anything, be it close or far, because the crosshair just keeps on jumping back and forth as I fire. Still, according to the stats, it's on of the most accurate weapons. Since I've boosted it up I've been sticking with it and just emptying the clip until something hits.

Now, I was watching someone else in killcam and they could shoot me really long bursts of bullets with some weapon having laser sight, without any bouncing at all, landing home perfectly. What gives?

Also, how do I ever manage to upgrade another weapon, going in with a no attachments surely is suicide?

Considering most weapons get their first unlock at 10 kills, and a red dot at 25, I'm sure you can survive a game or two to get you started. As for the other questions, well, thermal on a fully auto assault rifle/LMG seems silly to me, I would save it for single shot snipers or burst rifles at best. And yeah, red dot allows you to control your shots a lot better than a sniper scope, which is why he could go full auto (with for example, an ACR) and land the majority of the shots.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Pyke Presco said:
Considering most weapons get their first unlock at 10 kills, and a red dot at 25, I'm sure you can survive a game or two to get you started. As for the other questions, well, thermal on a fully auto assault rifle/LMG seems silly to me, I would save it for single shot snipers or burst rifles at best. And yeah, red dot allows you to control your shots a lot better than a sniper scope, which is why he could go full auto (with for example, an ACR) and land the majority of the shots.

holy fucking shit, red dot does land shots infinitely better than thermal. On my first life I got a 6 streak consisting of mainly headshots. it's like a new game to me now :lol

RavenFox said:
Yes my oldjadedgamer I do own COD4 and my gripe is now for the present not the past. It was inexcusable then and should be corrected now.

There are a lot of obvious bugs from COD4 that weren't fixed in MW2 like your team mates name not appearing over their heads sometimes in Hardcore. Can't tell you how many times I had to say "sorry dude, your name didn't appear" so they didn't come back and team kill me.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Pyke Presco said:

:lol :lol :lol

yeah I think I was a bit artificially handicapped with the thermal sight, I had a <1 K/D. Now my second match I did 14K / 0D, got to try Pave Low and got the +10 awards

Ecto311

jonnybryce said:
Red dot is just a red dot reticle for better aiming. Holo highlights people in white so they stick out easier.

My holo sight never does this. It just doesn't move from the center like the red dot.

Ecto311 said:
My holo sight never does this. It just doesn't move from the center like the red dot.

Hm maybe I'm wrong then, I don't use either. I know there's an attachment that highlights enemies in all white, thought it was holo.

todahawk

shuri said:
I saw some weird thing going on, 360 version. I think there is an exploit going around

I didnt move, and i saw his name popup every 2-3 seconds, headshotting the same guy, over and over again. he would then launch the nuke.

I assume that 'Halo Hunter H20' had set a respawn point next to him, and he would respawn non stop, and OW3AGE II would headshot him.

I reported his ass, but i know it wont do shit.

That's nice, I just played a match on PSN with a NUKE clan. Similar thing where he had helis, c130s, etc., within a few minutes. Sounds like the same MO.

Chittagong said:
:lol :lol :lol

yeah I think I was a bit artificially handicapped with the thermal sight, I had a <1 K/D. Now my second match I did 14K / 0D, got to try Pave Low and got the +10 awards

Yep, just because you unlock it later does not mean its a better attachment. Stick with what works, like red dot on auto rifles or acogs/thermal on single shots.

witness said:
You can unlock all the kill streak rewards by 70 right?

You unlock the last one at 69, so yes.

Thats really the main thing I think it does in real lift, doesn't sway depending on where you are looking.

Also I think Holo is supposed to be used more for CQB while Red Dot for long shots.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Jesus fucking christ.

The last 3 Echo spec ops missions are insane.

Me and a friend were trying the "Kill 10 Juggernauts with only explosives and Knives." We got down to 3 Juggernauts left but ended up getting destroyed :(. The thumper was actually pretty effective. Knives however, were not. We gave up for now but damn I really want to get back into it.

Oreoleo

Pankaks said:
Me and a friend were trying the "Kill 10 Juggernauts with only explosives and Knives." We got down to 3 Juggernauts left but ended up getting destroyed :(. The thumper was actually pretty effective. Knives however, were not. We gave up for now but damn I really want to get back into it.

C4 and flashbangs are your friend. Just keep running in circles around the building you spawn in front of, staying close to the ammo right where you spawn and you should be golden. Only took me 2 or 3 tries.

Top Bottom