• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Accident

Why does the voice chat quality sucks so bad for this game on PSN? it doesn't matter if people are talking strategy i have to mute them all.

It's not because i am using a crappy bluetooth headset, i have a pair of turtle beach headset and a wired logitech and it still sound like you are talking through a tin can.

gibration

Accident said:
Why does the voice chat quality sucks so bad for this game on PSN? it doesn't matter if people are talking strategy i have to mute them all.

It's not because i am using a crappy bluetooth headset, i have a pair of turtle beach headset and a wired logitech and it still sound like you are talking through a tin can.
I'm using the official playstation headset and voice quality sounds fine to me.

I really hate how most of these maps encourage hiding. In MW, there were maps were you simply were s.o.l. if you wanted to camp or snipe, because they were mostly open or small enough that it just wasn't going to cut it. Theres barely one map like that here...I hope the inevitable map packs balance it out.

I've gotten over the learning curve and now I'm doing well instead of going so negative that I'm ashamed to stay with the same people for the next round. :lol L86, fuck yeah!

MGR

Accident said:

You aren't, but others are.

I'm also sick of having to mute every numpty that has music blaring in the background. You can't fucking here a word they're saying so why do they bother having a headset at all?

A small annoyance, but I wish there was a button to clear the 'new' notification thing without having to go and look at everything you unlock.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Got some great titles tonight that I hadn't seen before — Stuck on You and Enemy with Benefits (both earned using semtex).

AAAAARGGH. After going on a 7 kill streak with my knife to get my harrier, THEN getting 2 kills with my harrier, the game quits out. FFFUUU. I won't do that good again for another few weeks. :lol

And let the glitching begin...

Saw a bunch of people superbouncing from the bottom of the sniper overlook to the top on Afghan. Apparently, it's something to do with the Riot Shield because they were all using them.

bdouble

Metalic Sand said:
Akimbo needs a dmg reduction. Getting sniped by shotguns is not cool.
Yeah I played with someone akimbo the 1887 or w/e. It wasn't that bad but its like a throwing knife instant kill if you pull both triggers. Shouldn't be that way.
Neverender said:
A small annoyance, but I wish there was a button to clear the 'new' notification thing without having to go and look at everything you unlock.
yes. Big pet peeve of mine. No time to customize my classes cause I have to hunt for those damn things in between matches.

bdouble

VaLiancY said:
Scrambler: Tells the enemy that you're flanking from the most obvious spot.

It's pretty much giving me a heads up.
Yeah its more annoying than anything. I still ahve to get pro in that damn thing. I'll probably just play HC and get it.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
_tetsuo_ said:
Don't know if this has been posted but god damn :lol :lol :lol
Posted and quoted like 15 times on the last page, but who cares, it's great.

I think the original version of this was done in MW1. Does anyone have a link to that vid? Can't find it on YouTube.

BPK

I'm not getting this game until Christmas (too busy with school), but something troubles me judging from the impressions so far. My sense is that MW2 is more fast-paced than MW1. Does it just feel like Unreal Tournament or Quake, that is, are you constantly spawning, shooting, dying, with little room for tactics, stalking, or "breathers" (wandering around and not finding anybody).

Thanks so much.

Neverender said:

When the new DLC maps are released that "NEW" will remain there until you buy them. It will never... ever go away. That's how it was on COD4.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I just hit level 40 and unlocked my M16. Is the consensus still that is the weapon to have? I'm using the FAL right now and I'm not as good with it as I am with the SCAR.

Which is the better of the two? FAL or M16?

vatstep

chapel said:
So Rust came up in Team Deathmatch Express and fuck that map for tdm. I will vote that whenever I get a chance no.
I guess in addition to adding maps to the FFA rotation, they must have added some to TDM, because I'd never heard of Rust coming up in TDM playlists until today. I love Rust, so that's alright with me.

TacticalFox88 said:
Rust + Deathmatch+Cold Blooded +Ninja+Knife class=Win every single time. That map OWNS.
Cold-Blooded might help against killstreaks, but I can't imagine it being necessary on Rust. It's too fast-paced — check your radar and you're dead. Same with Ninja... Commando will help a lot more.

chapel

Banned
TacticalFox88 said:
Rust + Deathmatch+Cold Blooded +Ninja+Knife class=Win every single time. That map OWNS.
Well I didn't get a chance to setup my knife class, and only had a riot shield class. So it was sucky because of that. Might have been fun with a knife class. I bet the rangers/1887's are hella own on it.

chapel

Banned
FvtQv.gif

This is what Prestige feels like.

Heartbeat sensor users
Akimbo 1887 users
Shotgun campers
Camping campers

...Can all take a long walk off a short pier. They make this game annoying to play. I never, EVER encountered this many campers of all sorts in CoD4. I guarantee that anyone who uses these playstyles are MANAGERS of jerk stores.

The next Call Of Duty needs a Red Faction/Battlefield BC building damage system so I can exterminate these roaches.

UFRA

Net_Wrecker said:
Heartbeat sensor users
Akimbo 1887 users
Shotgun campers
Camping campers

...Can all take a long walk off a short pier. They make this game annoying to play. I never, EVER encountered this many campers of all sorts in CoD4. I guarantee that anyone who uses these playstyles are MANAGERS of jerk stores.

The next Call Of Duty needs a Red Faction/Battlefield BC building damage system so I can exterminate these roaches.

No.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.

How can you complain about heartbeat sensor users (myself) when there are perks like Ninja and Cold Blooded which (when used together) make you an unstoppable stealth machine.

All the other things you mentioned are definitely annoying. Today I encountered a guy who camped for like 10 min straight in one of those open elevators outside on the roof of Highrise. The mode was Headquarters, so it was literally POINTLESS to just sit there...he was doing his team no good as he sometimes was the only one left, miles away from the HQ, while we easily destroyed it since he was just chilling there...only so that every so often, he could get a quick cheap kill with his shotgun as someone ran by. :lol Idiots.

UFRA

By the way does anyone get an N64 Goldeneye vibe when you reload Akimbo weapons? :lol ...just disappear off the screen and magically reload in a couple seconds.

UFRA said:
How can you complain about heartbeat sensor users (myself) when there are perks like Ninja and Cold Blooded which (when used together) make you an unstoppable stealth machine.

It's not the fact that I can use a perk that offsets the advantage, it's that MOST Heartbeat sensor users CAMP as well because they can just wait and see dots coming. So no matter if I have Ninja, these guys are still in a corner waiting for a blip, and I go flying by their sight line.

Nelo Ice

Banned
hey akimbo 1887s are incredibly cheap but theyre insanely fun to use :lol

also whats a good shotty that u can put a silencer on? i need one for my stealth class to go with my scar but i usually use the striker or the gun thats unlocked before the 1887s

Arjen

I can't see myself playing this game much longer, it's not as much fun as MW was.
I play objective gametypes only, because i like running around instead of camping.
But other people seem to think different about that, even in objective based gametypes the majority of the people are campming and never go for the objective, because they want to preserve their k/d or try to get a nuke. *sigh*

Mileena

Banned
Net_Wrecker said:
Heartbeat sensor users
Akimbo 1887 users
Shotgun campers
Camping campers

You forgot the commando users. That's far more broken than anything else in the game. It really feels like the Halo sword sometimes which is so fucking annoying.

oh and the matchmaking is terrible tonight on 360 too, not just PS3. Probably something on IW's end.

UFRA

Net_Wrecker said:
It's not the fact that I can use a perk that offsets the advantage, it's that MOST Heartbeat sensor users CAMP as well because they can just wait and see dots coming. So no matter if I have Ninja, these guys are still in a corner waiting for a blip, and I go flying by their sight line.

Valid point.

I, however, am an anti-camper myself, so I'm constantly on the move with my HB sensor. I don't have the patience to sit in once place all game. But yup, I can see where what you're saying makes sense.

UFRA said:
Valid point.

I, however, am an anti-camper myself, so I'm constantly on the move with my HB sensor. I don't have the patience to sit in once place all game. But yup, I can see where what you're saying makes sense.

I have absolutely no problem getting caught by a Heartbeat sensor if the person is moving around the battlefield as well. But when I see the guy sitting in a corner in the killcam, and only comes running out to shoot me when I run past his "tent," that crap is just annoying.

Feels so good to stab them with the knife crackhead class.

Yea but really it doesn't matter if you get killed by a camper because you can just press X and respawn instantly. Play some objective where campers aren't as effective.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Commando is annoying and cheap, agreed. Why IW thought it would be a good idea to imitate Halo teleport-melee... I don't know. I think knives should be 2 hit kills unless from the back, and Commando makes it 1 hit always. Or something. But that teleport knifing needs to be done away with.

Also, I've only ran into a few of these but: riot shield campers are pretty annoying too, they just sit in a corner and whack you :/ Good thing it's easy to get rid of them with an explosive.

xxjuicesxx said:
Yea but really it doesn't matter if you get killed by a camper because you can just press X and respawn instantly. Play some objective where campers aren't as effective.

What kind of logic is that? And campers are even MORE prevalent in most of the objective gametypes. Everyone is reaching for the nuke and when you have multiple people going for a certain objective, it's even easier to pick them off from some random corner.

UFRA

xxjuicesxx said:

I honestly can't think of any gametype where a camper doesn't have an effect. Considering my whole objective when playing is to not die, then it does matter. I play the "Mosh Pit" playlist 95% of the time unless I'm trying to complete a certain task like X amount of kills to unlock a new attachment, then it's TDM Express.

Team Deathmatch - The whole objective is just to kill...camp and kill, they don't even have to move to a new spot!

HQ - Camp somewhere near the HQ area and pick people off before they get to the HQ.

S&D - Camp near a bomb planting site and pick people off.

Demolition - Same as S&D.

Sabotage - Pretty much the same as Demo and S&D...

I mean, I can even say I sometimes understand camping is necessary, such as in Demolition after you've planted the bomb and need to prevent it being defused, etc...but if you look up a couple of posts and see the camper I described in an HQ game I played today, that's just pointless. And the stupid thing is, people like that guy aren't uncommon.

Campers aren't even good players half of the time, so luckily most of the time I get killed by them, watch the killcam and then get them my next spawn. God forbid you get a skilled person camping it may actually be difficult to kill them since they'll probably have plans to counter an ambush.

M_A_C

Accident said:

I have the offical Sony headset and all my friends do sound like crap. They say I sound fine though.

Net_Wrecker said:
What kind of logic is that? And campers are even MORE prevalent in most of the objective gametypes. Everyone is reaching for the nuke and when you have multiple people going for a certain objective, it's even easier to pick them off from some random corner.

Its not a random corner if they can pick you off as you rush objective its just good positioning. The best teams I've seen always have several locations guarded as they steal the objective and I just get frustrated because they've positioned so well. The killcam lets you KNOW where you got killed from, if you go back and they've moved (its no longer camping really) and kill you again thats your fault. If they are still in the same spot and kill you again thats your fault too!

For fucks sake I've played 2 days worth of MP in this game and I've yet to see this REALLY SERIOUS CAMPING problem all of you guys are talking about.

xxjuicesxx said:
Its not a random corner if they can pick you off as you rush objective its just good positioning. The best teams I've seen always have several locations guarded as they steal the objective and I just get frustrated because they've positioned so well. The killcam lets you KNOW where you got killed from, if you go back and they've moved (its no longer camping really) and kill you again thats your fault. If they are still in the same spot and kill you again thats your fault too!

For fucks sake I've played 2 days worth of MP in this game and I've yet to see this REALLY SERIOUS CAMPING problem all of you guys are talking about.

I'm talking about camping, not strategic positioning. I know the difference. I'm talking about the guy that sits in the most randomest of corners waiting for 3-4 people to run by as he comes out to kill them, and goes back to the same spot. Then as his air support wrecks the idiots who don't bother to put it down, he stays in his corner, and continues to do the same thing. If by some chance he gets killed, you can bet your ass he'll be back in the SAME corner doing the same thing again. THAT'S camping.

The video of the guy sending the sniper a message is a SNIPER playing a SNIPER'S ROLE. That wasn't camping. Someone aiming down their sights laying down in the stairways of Skidrow is a camper. I've seen a ton more of the latter example in MW2 than on the maps of CoD4.

Top Bottom