• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

UFRA

Net_Wrecker said:
I'm talking about camping, not strategic positioning. I know the difference. I'm talking about the guy that sits in the most randomest of corners waiting for 3-4 people to run by as he comes out to kill them, and goes back to the same spot. Then as his air support wrecks the idiots who don't bother to put it down, he stays in his corner, and continues to do the same thing. If by some chance he gets killed, you can bet your ass he'll be back in the SAME corner doing the same thing again. THAT'S camping.

The video of the guy sending the sniper a message is a SNIPER playing a SNIPER'S ROLE. That wasn't camping. Someone aiming down their sights laying down in the stairways of Skidrow is a camper. I've seen a ton more of the latter example in MW2 than on the maps of CoD4.

Exactly.

My favorites are when you see the killcam, and the guy is sitting in a corner at the end of a hallway, looking through his red dot sight the entire time not even moving a muscle, and then you walk in and get shot. I always wonder to myself how long the guy was in that position before he found someone...must be a boring way to play. :/

Net_Wrecker said:
The video of the guy sending the sniper a message is a SNIPER playing a SNIPER'S ROLE. That wasn't camping. Someone aiming down their sights laying down in the stairways of Skidrow is a camper. I've seen a ton more of the latter example in MW2 than on the maps of CoD4.

Wrong thats strategic positioning. Especially knowing they are in C control.

xxjuicesxx said:
Wrong thats strategic positioning. Especially knowing they are in C control.

Are you one of those people? Do you sit there, and wait for maybe minutes at a time for the one unlucky soul who might come up those stairs, or around that corner, or down that alley? The only time what I described is "strategic" is when you're taking/controlling a point, or if the other team spawns right on top of you, and you get rushed. Any other time, it's camping, and you would be serving your team in better ways by actually following the enemy spawns, and being where the fight is.

Have you played CoD4? You remember what people used to do in the stairwell of the main building in Crash? Multiply that by pretty much every map in MW2.

Level 48 now.....few brief thoughts:

-The thermal scope is a beautiful, beautiful thing. Been tearing it up with this on the ACR and M16.

-There are a ton of MP maps, but hell if most of them come close to flowing as well as its predecessor's. Some I just hate, hate, hate.

-What senile human made the shotguns secondary? And nearly all of them feel overpowered. I'm capping people with the rail gun 20 feet away.

-Not liking the P90 much anymore.

-Are there "team red dot" and "team holographic" groups yet?

-Fuck the SCAR and anyone who uses it.

Chittagong

Gold Member
something I was wondering. I have Ninja Pro and Coldblooded. Do I still get orange-dotted if I fire my gun or get hit?

WretchedTruman said:
-Fuck the SCAR and anyone who uses it.

wait, why? SCAR + Heartbeat Sensor + Red Dot = complete destruction

amar212

All those camping issues will be solved by swipe at the day we get our preciouss Team Tactical back.

Camping in Team Tactical is too risky from the winning-the-objective POW.

Of course, existing 3rd Pers TT is crap, so it does not belong into equation.

Rainy Dog

Chittagong said:
something I was wondering. I have Ninja Pro and Coldblooded. Do I still get orange-dotted if I fire my gun or get hit?

Unless you have a silencer attached then, yes, you'll still show as a red-dot on the enemies map when you fire.

Magik

roosters93 said:
Oh shit that sounds awesome :lol

It is awesome when you're the one piloting the AC130 since all you have to do is spam the spawn points and rack up some massive kills.

If your not piloting the AC130, well... enjoy getting smashed to bits for the next 10 seconds or so. :lol

Dina

Fuck the FAL and the F2000. Never going to use those weapons again, and sure as hell ain't going to unlock Extended Mags.

No_Style

Chittagong said:
so when do people usually start feeling that they really kick ass in the game? I'm now some 27h into MP.

I wouldn't say I kick ass (what constitute as ass kicking? :lol), but I really got a feel of the weapons after 8 hours or so.

Chittagong said:
so when do people usually start feeling that they really kick ass in the game? I'm now some 27h into MP.

My MW" skills are still somewhat schizophrenic after almost 2 days of gameplay time. Some matches I'll get 27-29 kills with 5 or so deaths others I might go 8 and 8 but at least I never seem to finish on a negative anymore. I wouldn't say I kick arse but my improvement has been extremely noticeable to me. My k/d ratiois finally above 1 (barely!)

Truelize said:
I just hit level 40 and unlocked my M16. Is the consensus still that is the weapon to have? I'm using the FAL right now and I'm not as good with it as I am with the SCAR.

Which is the better of the two? FAL or M16?

The M16 has done wonders for me, I love it more than I loved my Scar and Aug.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
dskillzhtown said:
I hear ya. I moved to objective based games and got alot more out of it. That way I can contribute (and get points) in a different way.
I've been playing a lot of Domination. I feel that is where I contribute most also.

Full Recovery said:
Camp. Find a choke point and camp. Once you learn the maps move from choke point to choke point and camp. Use coldblooded and ninja with the gun of your choice and a silencer.
But then people will yell at me and call me nasty names.. :D

Cold-Steel said:
Stick with it, you'll be rewarded.

I'd suggest using Medium sensitivity and for assault rifles go with the M4A1 with stopping power, marathon and steady aim.

Those three will get you on the board in no time. Also, don't go for objectives - go AROUND objectives! You'll be coming up behind people in no time (or run right into them!).

I felt I had to bring the sensitivity up because it was too slow. You may be right though I'll try to crank it back down a little. I've got nothing to loose. Nice protip about going around objectives. Sometimes I get excited and just run right to the flag to try and capture. Noob move.

pringles

Chittagong said:
When I had unlocked the Stinger, Cold-blooded and the M16 the game got really fun for me.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Dina said:
Fuck the FAL and the F2000. Never going to use those weapons again, and sure as hell ain't going to unlock Extended Mags.

Looking back, the FAL was not that good of a weapon. Just a stopgap between starting the game and the M16.

zaidr

Whats ADS? It says faster ADS on...i want to say, slight of hand pro (?)

Also, with Cold Blooded, do you show up on radar if you shoot your gun w/o silencer?

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
jonnybryce said:
I really hate how most of these maps encourage hiding. In MW, there were maps were you simply were s.o.l. if you wanted to camp or snipe, because they were mostly open or small enough that it just wasn't going to cut it. Theres barely one map like that here...I hope the inevitable map packs balance it out.

I think MW2's Kill streak reward system has broken the game.

It absolutely has changed/solidified most peoples objective in the game to only care about their K/D ratio to get their highest streak reward.
I've played every Cod game since Cod1 and I've never seen it as bad as now. I agree that the maps really are to open in design for the most part which rewards those that sit back and build up their kill streak.

I don't know how they can fix this at this point. Other games had things like anticamp code but that won't work here.

I think Desert Combats' solution to limit specialized kits (rpg, sniper rifle) only being able to be picked up in the map itself was the best but I'm sure the outrage from Team snipers would be to loud.

They do need to adjust the scoring on Objective modes to reward the Team goal more then individual scores.

I wouldn't be opposed to kill streaks being removed from HC either honestly.

+Aliken+

zaidr said:

Also, with Cold Blooded, do you show up on radar if you shoot your gun w/o silencer?

I guess no:

"Undetectable by UAV"
regardless of what activates you on it.

So, yesterday I went to join a match. And MW2 brought me to some game full of children blabbering racist and nonsense shit in their hightoned voices. And I had rather mediocre connection.

I left, "Find Match", join, same game of said children.

4 F***ING TIMES!!!

The matchmaking system sucks so much.

Biff

Here's a PSA for everyone:

If a corner camper kills you, especially in TDM, it is YOUR responsibility to take him out when you respawn before he murders another 5 of your teammates.

Letting him just sit in a corner racking up kills because you don't want to risk a death is stupid. You deserve to lose the match. If a corner camper gets me, he gets a grenade to the face when I respawn :lol

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
ChefRamsay said:
Here's a PSA for everyone:

If a corner camper kills you, especially in TDM, it is YOUR responsibility to take him out when you respawn before he murders another 5 of your teammates.

Letting him just sit in a corner racking up kills because you don't want to risk a death is stupid. You deserve to lose the match. If a corner camper gets me, he gets a grenade to the face when I respawn :lol
I agree. However, half the time I rage so fucking hard trying to get back at that asshole that I get killed by someone else, as I was rushing back to his spot and not using common sense. I need to stop doing that.

atomico

Graf Nudu said:
So, yesterday I went to join a match. And MW2 brought me to some game full of children blabbering racist and nonsense shit in their hightoned voices. And I had rather mediocre connection.

I just mute them and play anyway :D

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
zaidr said:

As someone said, aiming down sight.

When I first used Sleight of Hand (SoH) I was pretty meh about the whole thing. The perk was in CoD4 and I could never justify choosing faster reloading for another perk in that slot.

However... SoH Pro is amazing with the ADS boost. A very powerful combination is AUG + SoH Pro. With SoH, the AUG - a slower moving LMG - springs up from the hip as fast as any weapon. So, you get fast ADS and the power of a LMG. Plus, the AUG has little recoil and amazing accuracy. In my opinion it dominates every single AR in the game.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
RSTEIN said:
As someone said, aiming down sight.

When I first used Sleight of Hand (SoH) I was pretty meh about the whole thing. The perk was in CoD4 and I could never justify choosing faster reloading for another perk in that slot.

However... SoH Pro is amazing with the ADS boost. A very powerful combination is AUG + SoH Pro. With SoH, the AUG - a slower moving LMG - springs up from the hip as fast as any weapon. So, you get fast ADS and the power of a LMG. Plus, the AUG has little recoil and amazing accuracy. In my opinion it dominates every single AR in the game.

My combo is
RPD + Sleight of Hand Pro + Stopping Power Pro

I use the AUG every once and then but the damage it causes is inferior to the RPD

bdouble

Arjen said:
I can't see myself playing this game much longer, it's not as much fun as MW was.
I play objective gametypes only, because i like running around instead of camping.
But other people seem to think different about that, even in objective based gametypes the majority of the people are campming and never go for the objective, because they want to preserve their k/d or try to get a nuke. *sigh*
Play with a few friends or gaffers. (been doing this with Wickerman and Dafish awesome games guys) and ground war is insane. Had so many good matches yesterday. They would mop us one match and then we come back and beat them on a Favela domination. Game is great imo. Much better than the first.

BigKaboom2 said:
Is it possible to miss with the Javelin? Seems to have a higher success rate than the Stinger, but only one rocket instead of two.
if it's an aircraft with flares, yeah plenty of times. i've also had it miss a harrier that was standing still for some reason.

I can't believe this thread has devolved into 100 pages of complaining about campers. there's no playstyle that isn't counterable if you think about it or try. I'm much more irritated about how much effort it takes to mute every racist, homophobic, rapping 13 year old child. is there any reason why there can't be a "mute all" option?

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Relix said:
My combo is
RPD + Sleight of Hand Pro + Stopping Power Pro

I use the AUG every once and then but the damage it causes is inferior to the RPD

Really? Hmm, I'll have to try it. What's the accuracy/recoil like?

Rainy Dog

bloodydrake said:
I think MW2's Kill streak reward system has broken the game.

It absolutely has changed/solidified most peoples objective in the game to only care about their K/D ratio to get their highest streak reward.
I've played every Cod game since Cod1 and I've never seen it as bad as now. I agree that the maps really are to open in design for the most part which rewards those that sit back and build up their kill streak.

I don't know how they can fix this at this point. Other games had things like anticamp code but that won't work here.

I think Desert Combats' solution to limit specialized kits (rpg, sniper rifle) only being able to be picked up in the map itself was the best but I'm sure the outrage from Team snipers would be to loud.

They do need to adjust the scoring on Objective modes to reward the Team goal more then individual scores.

I wouldn't be opposed to kill streaks being removed from HC either honestly.

I still think it's too early to tell whether anything's ruined in the long run, be it the kill streak reward system or the maps. But I see where you're coming from. One thing that already sticks out for me is the lack of UAV's when you get beyond a certain rank and don't see as many lower ranking players that haven't unlocked masses of kill streaks yet. Given the possible individual/selfish rewards, who's gonna opt for a UAV for their 'team' when a Predator Missile for only a couple of kills more is a stepping stone towards a very probable 10+ kill streak for themselves?

Chrange

Banned
stump sock said:
if it's an aircraft with flares, yeah plenty of times. i've also had it miss a harrier that was standing still for some reason.

I can't believe this thread has devolved into 100 pages of complaining about campers. there's no playstyle that isn't counterable if you think about it or try. I'm much more irritated about how much effort it takes to mute every racist, homophobic, rapping 13 year old child. is there any reason why there can't be a "mute all" option?

If you're talking about the 360 version, why not just switch your chat to friends only? Unless you're friends with every racist, homophobic, rapping 13 year old child, that is.

VaLiancY

ACE 1991 said:
This may be a stupid question, but what's the real difference between the famas and the m16?

Firerate and reload time, the FAMAS fire rate between the burst is slightly longer than the M16 along with reload. Other than that, they're the same rifle.

HooCares

Neo Member
VaLiancY said:
Firerate and reload time, the FAMAS fire rate between the burst is slightly longer than the M16 along with reload. Other than that, they're the same rifle.

Only other difference is that the FAMAS 3 round burst is a bit tighter, meaning all three are more likely to hit targets at long range.

Dina

Still prefer the M16 to the FAMAS though. Oh and I need more time with the AUG I believe. I'll try SoH pro next.

Hit lvl 70 today, but I'm not going to prestige. I still play clanwars and I need my AK for that. Will be busy unlocking all the other emblems and symbols though.

Accident

I got two nukes yesterday with the RPD + grip, it's so powerful that you don't need stopping power, i'm using hardline in my second perk and if the other team don't destroy my harrier soon enough they get nuked.

Fugu

Accident said:
I got two nukes yesterday with the RPD + grip, it's so powerful that you don't need stopping power, i'm using hardline in my second perk and if the other team don't destroy my harrier soon enough they get nuked.
What are you playing on? Harriers get shot down like mad on PC because it only takes one hit.

EDIT: FAMAS also does two-thirds the damage that M16 does per bullet. The M16 also has a longer gap between bursts, as well has having higher recoil and shorter reload time.

Top Bottom