• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

diehard

Fleer
Fugu said:
What are you playing on? Harriers get shot down like mad on PC because it only takes one hit.

EDIT: FAMAS also does two-thirds the damage that M16 does per bullet. The M16 also has a longer gap between bursts, as well has having higher recoil and shorter reload time.
is there a website for this data?

Fugu

There's a few websites out there and I'm wrong, the damage difference between the M16 and the FAMAS is 5:4; M16 does 35-50, FAMAS does 30-40.

HooCares

Neo Member
Fugu said:
There's a few websites out there and I'm wrong, the damage difference between the M16 and the FAMAS is 5:4; M16 does 35-50, FAMAS does 30-40.

Not according to my sources.

Dmg is equal on the Famas and M16. Both at 40-30.

If If the m16 is in fact 35, then it's a 3 hit kill (or 1 burst) at long range without stopping power. It's easy to verify this in a private game.

Stillmatic

I was in a FFA match yesterday on sub base where there were around 6 people in there. I notice in the lobby a couple of players have titles you earn for nukes, their PSN's were 'DR_DEATH_DEMON' and 'DR_DEATH_ANGEL'. So the game starts and everyone's taking it slow, but i can hear the sound of a silenced weapon and one of the DR's killing the other pops on screen after, this happens for another 5 or so times, so i hunt out that sound. I find them both hidden away from the action with a tactical insertion on the ground, one killing the other over and over, so i shoot one and stab the other and they both leave. I'm guessing they were boosting for nukes? How desperate is that... :/

Nizz

WTF, I played a Merc Team Deathmatch on Rust last night. I never thought I'd see that map in a team game, only FFA.

But there it was, and it was the cluster-fuck I imagined. :lol

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
fps fanatic said:
WTF, I played a Merc Team Deathmatch on Rust last night. I never thought I'd see that map in a team game, only FFA.

Yup, I got it last night too. First time.

RavenFox

Banned
Fugu said:
What are you playing on? Harriers get shot down like mad on PC because it only takes one hit.

EDIT: FAMAS also does two-thirds the damage that M16 does per bullet. The M16 also has a longer gap between bursts, as well has having higher recoil and shorter reload time.
I take down Harriers with stingers with one hit on PS3.

kissenger

Banned
This is some pretty interesting stuff about the FAMAS and M16.

What is generally considered to be the best loadout?

I know that it is at least partially dependent on the map, but I remember in COD4 the best players always seemed to be using and M16 with a silencer and stopping power.

What is the equivalent in MW2.

Personally, I tend to go:

M16 with heartbeat, iron sights
PT2000 with red dot

Scavenger
Stopping power
Steady aim

gillFTR

kissenger said:

I know that it is at least partially dependent on the map, but I remember in COD4 the best players always seemed to be using and M16 with a silencer and stopping power.

PT2000 with red dot

Scavenger
Stopping power
Steady aim

I personally hate the m16 ironsights always go red dot with it

bigcappy

Neo Member
bloodydrake said:
I think MW2's Kill streak reward system has broken the game.

It absolutely has changed/solidified most peoples objective in the game to only care about their K/D ratio to get their highest streak reward.
I've played every Cod game since Cod1 and I've never seen it as bad as now. I agree that the maps really are to open in design for the most part which rewards those that sit back and build up their kill streak.

I don't know how they can fix this at this point. Other games had things like anticamp code but that won't work here.

I think Desert Combats' solution to limit specialized kits (rpg, sniper rifle) only being able to be picked up in the map itself was the best but I'm sure the outrage from Team snipers would be to loud.

They do need to adjust the scoring on Objective modes to reward the Team goal more then individual scores.

I wouldn't be opposed to kill streaks being removed from HC either honestly.

Absolutely have to agree on this point. I recall Bowling saying that he hated multiplayer achievements b/c people stop playing the game and start playing the to get the achievements.

Well, thats exactly what they've done with the custom killstreak rewards. People are boosting to get nukes and camping to get up to AC130 and Helicopter gunners. Can't believe they didn't see this in their internal testing.

I think they should have a "classic" playlist like the did in CoD4, except in this playlist you only get the original 3 killstreaks in CoD4.

fps fanatic said:

I got it twice yesterday for the first time in the playlist.

Shield sucks how the fuck can you guys like it? I still get shot no matter what I do in the feet or the side or naded or predator missiled, its just USELESS. Oh and MOST of the time it takes TWO hits to kill someone. WTF is that shit! a weaker melee for a MELEE weapon!?

UFRA

RJNavarrete said:
I just unlocked the M16 and quickly got my longest killstreak to date on MW2. Fuck the FAMAS. :lol :lol

nevoe1.gif

I had to.

Stillmatic said:
I was in a FFA match yesterday on sub base where there were around 6 people in there. I notice in the lobby a couple of players have titles you earn for nukes, their PSN's were 'DR_DEATH_DEMON' and 'DR_DEATH_ANGEL'. So the game starts and everyone's taking it slow, but i can hear the sound of a silenced weapon and one of the DR's killing the other pops on screen after, this happens for another 5 or so times, so i hunt out that sound. I find them both hidden away from the action with a tactical insertion on the ground, one killing the other over and over, so i shoot one and stab the other and they both leave. I'm guessing they were boosting for nukes? How desperate is that... :/

Haha, that's awesome that you put an end to their "fun". Haven't seen that myself yet, but I'm going to keep an eye out for it now.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
I've found the best class build ever guys! You're going to get the best K/D ratio ever with this, its almost cheating, try it out!

Primary - Riot shield
Secondary - Stinger
Equipment - Blast shield
Special - Smoke grenade

Perk 1 - Sleight of hand
Perk 2 - Stopping power
Perk 3 - Steady aim

I mean damn, OP total

kissenger said:

PT2000 with red dot

Scavenger
Stopping power
Steady aim

M16, Silencer, Red Dot, Cold Blooded, Ninja = Unstoppable especially in Hardcore modes. With the M16, I feel like I don't need Stopping Power or Steady Aim. 1 burst - Dead. You might need 2-3 bursts if firing from the hip, depending how far away they are.

Koojay

Buggy Loop said:
I've found the best class build ever guys! You're going to get the best K/D ratio ever with this, its almost cheating, try it out!

Primary - Riot shield
Secondary - Stinger
Equipment - Blast shield
Special - Smoke grenade

Perk 1 - Sleight of hand
Perk 2 - Stopping power
Perk 3 - Steady aim

I mean damn, OP total

Holy OP batman.

Just got a nuke with this, dahmn.

Buggy Loop said:

Primary - Riot shield
Secondary - Stinger
Equipment - Blast shield
Special - Smoke grenade

Perk 1 - Sleight of hand
Perk 2 - Stopping power
Perk 3 - Steady aim

I mean damn, OP total

Why sleight of hand, steady aim and stopping power? You still need 2 hits with the shield don't you? You'd be far better off swapping steady aim for commando, sleight of hand for marathon and stopping power for cold blooded or light weight (unless it does actually only take 1 kill)

MarkMclovin said:
Why sleight of hand, steady aim and stopping power? You still need 2 hits with the shield don't you? You'd be far better off swapping steady aim for commando, sleight of hand for marathon and stopping power for cold blooded or light weight (unless it does actually only take 1 kill)

he was joking

bloodydrake said:
I think MW2's Kill streak reward system has broken the game.

It absolutely has changed/solidified most peoples objective in the game to only care about their K/D ratio to get their highest streak reward.
I've played every Cod game since Cod1 and I've never seen it as bad as now. I agree that the maps really are to open in design for the most part which rewards those that sit back and build up their kill streak.

I don't know how they can fix this at this point. Other games had things like anticamp code but that won't work here.

I think Desert Combats' solution to limit specialized kits (rpg, sniper rifle) only being able to be picked up in the map itself was the best but I'm sure the outrage from Team snipers would be to loud.

They do need to adjust the scoring on Objective modes to reward the Team goal more then individual scores.

I wouldn't be opposed to kill streaks being removed from HC either honestly.

You're right, I didn't even realize it's not just the maps, it's people obsessing over the kill streaks. Which means not even maps will help :(

I a basketball court map. Try camping/hiding now, bitches!

NYR

xDangerboy said:
he was joking
Comedy in this thread is not a good idea - a lot of noobs/people come to this thread for info and tips, just a bad idea not to state it is not actual advice, only leads to more terrible players who get frustrated and quit...

Tokubetsu

Me and Eric have started a new clan guys. Everyones welcome to join. KIMBO SHOTTY, tag is [KMBO] Here's our mascot:
2uf7ytl.jpg

I'm thinking the logo will be something like his bearded face all big n shit and then either 2 shotguns crossed underneath it or his arms crossed.

Fugu

NYR said:
Comedy in this thread is not a good idea - a lot of noobs/people come to this thread for info and tips, just a bad idea not to state it is not actual advice, only leads to more terrible players who get frustrated and quit...
I don't know, it's pretty obvious. If stopping power didn't give it away, steady aim should have.

OH MY GOD. The default First Recon class is BEAST. I'll never be afraid to Prestige as long as that thing is there. I wanted to try the tactical knife, and I RAPED on Favela going 31-2, and 4 kills away from launching a nuke when the game ended cutting me short. I have never cut through a room of 3 people that quickly in my life.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Tokubetsu said:
Ran into this at a certain other forum, thought it was hilarious:
ja9mwh.jpg
The whole reason I hadn't tried akimbo weapons yet was because I assumed you wouldn't able to knife. That's just retarded. Now I know I'll be giving them a shot, though!

You know I had the same exact issues you guys are talking about 3 day's after it came out. Ive decided to sell it on craigslist. None of the maps are fun. They promote camping and are way to open. Killstreaks from care packages break the game. Getting killed with just a couple of bullets is frustrating. I bought this specifically for the multiplayer and now I feel completely jipped.

I noticed that too. In the past 2-3 days I've seen a HUGE amount of people with the akimbo 1887s. What the hell is with that.

And I 100% agree with the maps not being fun. Or at least most of them.

They are WAYYYY too open. In my favourite mode (search and destroy), 90% of the time it is nothing but absolute luck. There are so many avenues in which an enemy can pop out from that it is simply impossible to have them all covered as you move forward. What else is there? Camp or become someone's bitch. But if you camp in S&D it kind of ruins that mode.

I loved playing it in COD4 and world at war. I still play it but I am not enjoying it that much. More frustration than enjoyment. Just nothing else to play.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
-Pyromaniac- said:
I noticed that too. In the past 2-3 days I've seen a HUGE amount of people with the akimbo 1887s. What the hell is with that.

And I 100% agree with the maps not being fun. Or at least most of them.

They are WAYYYY too open. In my favourite mode (search and destroy), 90% of the time it is nothing but absolute luck. There are so many avenues in which an enemy can pop out from that it is simply impossible to have them all covered as you move forward. What else is there? Camp or become someone's bitch. But if you camp in S&D it kind of ruins that mode.

I loved playing it in COD4 and world at war. I still play it but I am not enjoying it that much. More frustration than enjoyment. Just nothing else to play.

What's up with that? Well, they're completely broken, so once more people learn about it they'll join the pack and use them too. :p

Me and my friends are trying to set this up for some LAN warfare and it appears that we can
only do one person per system with no split-screen. There has to be something I am doing wrong right?

Magik

The Kill Streaks are definitely ruining the experience of MW2 especially in the HC modes. They're just too overpowered and just plain annoying.

Hopefully IW will be able to adjust the settings of the Kill Streaks.

Top Bottom