• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

bud

love: terminal, rundown, rust, high rise, skid row, underpass, favela, scrapyard
like: invasion, karachi, wasteland, afghan, sub base, derail
hate: quarry fuck you!, estate

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
bud said:
love: terminal, rundown, rust, high rise, skid row, underpass, favela, scrapyard

Quarry ain't that bad, really. The big problem with it is mainly that you get to play it all the damn time.

pringles

Really like: Sub Base

Sort of like: Skidrow, Terminal, Highrise, Quarry, Afghan

Die in a fire: Scrapyard, Derail, Invasion, Underpass, Wasteland, Estate, Favela, Karachi (I loved this map in Counterstrike but it just doesn't work in MW2 for some reason), Rundown

conclusion: the poor selection of maps is the biggest reason, along with campers, why I'm growing tired of this game already (lvl 52).

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
in love with: Sub Base, Quarry, Highrise, Invasion, Rundown, Terminal, Skidrow
like: Scrapyard, Kirachi, Wasteland
hate: Afghan, Favela

I hate Estate, Favela and that stage with all the rain, Afgan kinda sucks too and Derail is near impossible to win in Demolition. Highrise can be annoying too with all the snipers and stuff, I really love Terminal though, probably because it's the smallest map in the list.

Has anyone used/seen a tactical nuke yet?

Nelo Ice

Banned
PetriP-TNT said:
I hate Estate, Favela and that stage with all the rain, Afgan kinda sucks too and Derail is near impossible to win in Demolition. Highrise can be annoying too with all the snipers and stuff, I really love Terminal though, probably because it's the smallest map in the list.

ive used 4 nukes and have seen 2

Never seen a nuke yet (level 51)

Love sub base and skidrow

Hate the level with the rain, I like estate except for the fact it feels difficult to see anybody on the map, I always end up in either the house or the greenhouse laying claymores.

todahawk

BattleMonkey said:
Started using the TAR and holy crap I suddenly keep rocking face in matches. Why this gun gets no love?

Yeah, i like it as well. The stats show it's inaccurate but I haven't had much trouble that way. Tons of fun!

PetriP-TNT said:

Saw my first nuke yesterday. Wasnt anything special really.

Not really a fan of Wasteland, Derail, Afghan, Rundown, Estate, Underpass, and Terminal. Terminal used to be one of my favorite maps but I donno, I think im just worn out on it.

Favela, Highrise, and Sub Base are probably my favorites as of right now.

DarkGreymore

Neo Member
I did try the ACR and althought i do agree the aim on it is very good i find it lacks the punch to kill versus many other weapons.

the AUG is ridiculously good. I can kill with 1 to 3 shots most of the time and due to the size of the clip i don't have to reload constantly.

A headshot is usually an instant kill too with it which is not always the case with other weapons.

I've been quite impressed with it. And it's quite easy to use without a red dot sight as well.

ismaboof

bud said:
Quarry is the best map in this game

Estate is absolutely miserable on TDM because it basically invites campers to just sit in the house. It's pretty tolerable in HQ though. At that rate, quite a few of the maps are more enjoyable in HQ over TDM.

Like: Afghan, Scrapyard, Terminal, High Rise, Sub Base
Terrible: Quarry, Estate,

All the rest fall into mediocre for me. I'm seriously hoping for a Flashback Map Pack type thing for MW2 with new versions of Vacant, Crash and Overgrown.

itsinmyveins

Red Blaster said:
Estate is absolutely miserable on TDM because it basically invites campers to just sit in the house. It's pretty tolerable in HQ though. At that rate, quite a few of the maps are more enjoyable in HQ over TDM.

But that's the fun part! You storm the campers, then you set up camp there instead to their big annoyance! There's like three or four different ways into the house, and generally they sit up on the second floor. Flashbangs work wonders there.

ToyMachine228 said:
Like: Afghan, Scrapyard, Terminal, High Rise, Sub Base
Terrible: Quarry, Estate,

All the rest fall into mediocre for me. I'm seriously hoping for a Flashback Map Pack type thing for MW2 with new versions of Vacant, Crash and Overgrown.

I don't get how you dislike Quarry so much but like Overgrown? To me, it feels like they play largely the same; some room for close battle mixed with open space.

ItsInMyVeins said:
But that's the fun part! You storm the campers, then you set up camp there instead to their big annoyance! There's like three or four different ways into the house, and generally they sit up on the second floor. Flashbangs work wonders there.

I always invite people down for a drink in the bar, suckers :lol

DarkGreymore

Neo Member
I don't overly hate any map.

I mostly dislike playing three games in a row on any map.

But I had to chose I dislike Wasteland and Estate a little.

Most other maps I'm fine with.

However there is no map I really enjoy.

bdouble

Its still going. People have totally different opinions on the maps. I think we need to say what we usually play on these. I actually really like Favela on any game mode. There are so many ways to get to the top of some of the buildings its easy to go up there and kill 3 from the other team just from knifing. Don't even start me on domination on the map. Its incredible.

I also really enjoy Quarry on any mode.

The F2000 sucks. It's a shame because I really wanted to like that gun.

ItsInMyVeins said:
:|

Scrapyard and bladerunner is too good, running around stealthed on the perimiter have always been my best matches, love it. High rise is pretty far on my do not want playlist usually although I do enjoy blowing up cubicles. The rainy map with the waterway thing is a stealth class dream too.

RSTEIN

Chittagong said:
braaaargh stop putting me constantly to Karachi shit map

I had this problem last night! Karachi is coming up a lot more frequently for some rason.

(although I don't think it's a shit map)

Orangepeel said:
Scrapyard and bladerunner is too good, running around stealthed on the perimiter have always been my best matches, love it. High rise is pretty far on my do not want playlist usually although I do enjoy blowing up cubicles. The rainy map with the waterway thing is a stealth class dream too.

Highrise is one of my best bladerunner maps, I just do laps from one base to the other underground and usually catch the snipers looking out the windows. Everybody seems to forget about the back entrance, or just assumes their claymores will stop me. (yeah right, i'm too quick for that shit!)
DarkGreymore said:
Actually if you put two claymores one after the other that stops almost anyone.

So far It works really well because people think there's only one all the time. so they run past it and slow down afterwards right into a second one and then blow up.

heh. Scavenger is fun.

Well arent you just the biggest party-pooper. Glad the randoms havent figured that one out yet (and I do the same thing on the plane in terminal. That thing is my fortress)

itsinmyveins

Dax01 said:

Well, I'm not that fond of estate so yeah, I'll "camp" on that map (in the sense that I keep to the upper floor of the estate) but generally people come running all the time so it's not like I'm sitting still in a corner and just aiming outside. It's more like everybody just tries to retake it and then defend the house.

DarkGreymore

Neo Member
Pyke Presco said:
Highrise is one of my best bladerunner maps, I just do laps from one base to the other underground and usually catch the snipers looking out the windows. Everybody seems to forget about the back entrance, or just assumes their claymores will stop me. (yeah right, i'm too quick for that shit!)

Actually if you put two claymores one after the other that stops almost anyone.

So far It works really well because people think there's only one all the time. so they run past it and slow down afterwards right into a second one and then blow up.

heh. Scavenger is fun.

Out of interest does anybody know how the snipers get to the tops of the buildings in highrise? It looks like a glitch and its highly annoying.

kyo_daikun said:
Out of interest does anybody know how the snipers get to the tops of the buildings in highrise? It looks like a glitch and its highly annoying.

Not a glitch.

Outside of grey building there is a broken scaffolding to the left side(when coming out of that building). You can make a jump to it(its really hard though, I still havent got it down), then climb it, then walk all the way along the front of the building to another tilted scaffolding, climb it to get on top.

To get on top of red building, you need to use the cranes to the right side of the map (when viewed from red building). Jump on the scaffolding behind the middle building, go out to the crane, then come all the way back to red building and youll be on the raised parts.

EDIT: Man, this searching for <50ms ping is driving me crazy, my internet isnt good enough for that shit during the day(too many laptops on campus stealing my bandwidth!). Just give me fucking yellow(or red!) bars, I'll make it work, I promise. Only way for me to get into games is to go into my recent players and join session in progress, which means I don't really get to choose what gametype I play.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Love: Terminal (could play here all day), Highrise, Rust, Afghan, Favela
Like: Sub Base, Underpass, Invasion, Karachi, Skidrow, Scrapyard, Derail
Dislike: Quarry, Wasteland
Hate: Rundown, Estate

TheFatOne

I finally found out why I sucked at this game. Marathon is a real killer for beginners. Since I have infinite run I would just charge into the open. Once I switched marathon out I was back to normal. Also having the P90 helps.

ZZMitch

I don't know what you guys I talking about...

I don't dislike a single map in this game... once you find the right loadout for each map they are all pretty amazing.
Yes, including Wasteland... that one just took a little longer.
Easily the best map selection in any CoD game for me.

Pyke Presco said:
Not a glitch.

Outside of grey building there is a broken scaffolding to the left side(when coming out of that building). You can make a jump to it(its really hard though, I still havent got it down), then climb it, then walk all the way along the front of the building to another tilted scaffolding, climb it to get on top.

To get on top of red building, you need to use the cranes to the right side of the map (when viewed from red building). Jump on the scaffolding behind the middle building, go out to the crane, then come all the way back to red building and youll be on the raised parts.

Thanks, I will check that out next time I play it.

KAOz said:
Almost done with all of them. Only got 3 left. Big Brother, Snatch & Grab and Homeland Security. I've realized that some of the levels (Breach being one of them) is much easier to do alone.

But, if you need help or something, feel free to hit me up. PSN in my profile. :p
Thanks! I'll send you a friend request either way. PSN ID- bodyofanamerican

RSTEIN

I was a big fan of this game but no longer. Now I see it's a glitchy mess.

So, I have Commando Pro - survive a fall from any height.

I jump off the side of the actual highrise on Highrise and fall to my death.

WTF?

WEGGLES

ItsInMyVeins said:
Quarry ain't that bad, really. The big problem with it is mainly that you get to play it all the damn time.
It only appears at a slightly above average rate for me.

Skid row, on the other hand... way too often.

pringles

RSTEIN said:
I was a big fan of this game but no longer. Now I see it's a glitchy mess.

So, I have Commando Pro - survive a fall from any height.

I jump off the side of the actual highrise on Highrise and fall to my death.

WTF?
That is hopefully fixed in the next patch, along with the glitch that makes matches end when someone uses a nuke.

Ovid

Dax01 said:
I got this gun the other day. I haven't used it yet but based on it's specs it looks very underpowered. For gun that you receive so late it should be alot more powerful.

The F2000 rocked in Battlefield 2 until EA "fixed" it. Then it became a pea shooter.

HooCares

Neo Member
Vacant was great in CoD4 for traditional shotgun/SMG battles. You guys are insane if you think that map will be any fun at all in the akimbo 1887/knife-class age.

And for love of god IW, stop putting me in games that are almost over.

And here's how to fix the care-package imbalance - Make the the chopper that delivers it a bit slower so as it can be shot down by alert players with Stingers.

Also, the traditional chopper needs a boost. It's pointless to use it over the harrier.

First game on Rust, man, I get the love this map has. It's not nearly as small and hectic as shipment, but theres alot of shit going on and I love it. SMG classes rule the roost again, and calling in an airstrike can easily carpet bomb the other team. Got killed a couple times trying to use a predator though. I can only imagine what a chopper gunner/ac130 can do on that map...

HooCares said:
Also, the traditional chopper needs a boost. It's pointless to use it over the harrier.

As well as needing a kill less it should also have flares (not that I dont think the kill streaks are over powered as is...)

Getting an AC130 on rust is the end of the opposing team, it really is

RSTEIN

HooCares said:

Yeah, I don't know why people use that. I also can't figure out why anyone would want the Stealth Bomber. It never works for me whereas the Pave Low always racks up kills.

atomico

Dax01 said:

really? that sucks, I was really looking forward to that gun, always liked the design...

the stats look pretty bad, but then again, so are the TAR-21's, and I've been using that one almost exclusively for quite a while :p

Ovid

HooCares said:
I agree. The attack chopper sucks now. I got two nukes back 2 back yesterday after switching to the harrier.

Top Bottom