• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Stealth bomber is infinitely more useful than a Pavelow in your typical hardcore match. Hardcore you need to use all the one shot streaks, not the styaing ones. Air strike, Stealth Bomber, Predator, etc (though pred is hard to use b/c they are all coldblooded.) i've played entire matches of hardcore where no kills were to be had from choppers, harriers, pavelows, etc b/c everyone uses coldblooded and then ignores the air support.

Ovid

borsdy said:
His experience says otherwise? It is just a rare thing probably.
Doubt it. It obviously can't be rare if he saw it twice in one day. I've played over 400 games and a friend of mine has played over 200 games and it never happened to both of us.

I'm not saying he's lying, but probably someone got a 25 killstreak and he just missed it.

I just switch over to an anti-air class with cold blooded on, it does still amaze me the amount of people who just can't seem to be bothered to shoot down the enemies support.

Edit: Can UAV's be downed with a stinger?

andycapps

Raide said:
This.

I always have one on me and drop pretty much everything that appears. :lol

Ditto.. Heli's only last more than a few seconds when they're on the other side of a building and I can't locate down them prior to getting shot up.. I definitely prefer to take out a heli versus getting a regular kill.. 150 more XP IIRC. Harriers are more, I think.

andycapps said:
Ditto.. Heli's only last more than a few seconds when they're on the other side of a building and I can't locate down them prior to getting shot up.. I definitely prefer to take out a heli versus getting a regular kill.. 150 more XP IIRC. Harriers are more, I think.

Harriers are 300xp

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
andycapps said:
Nobody on your team carried a Stinger?

I'm always surprised at this. I was playing on Rundown and got a missile, harrier, pave low combo. Then after I died I got another run going and got to the pave low again. Finally someone figured it out that you could indeed shoot these things down. I saw the rocket trail in the sky but by that time the game was basically over. I went like 36-5... my best game ever.

I guess people just think that someone else will eventually take care of the situation or maybe they'd rather just hide. I dunno.

andycapps

kyo_daikun said:
Harriers are 300xp

That's what I thought.. I can't remember what UAV's are, they're at least 100 XP. Either way, as soon as I see something up in the sky, it's coming down. Granted, most of the time I have cold blooded on so they don't affect me, but it usually is destroying our team who can't seem to equip a Stinger and take them out. That and it's tons of XP.

ZZMitch

Dax01 said:
Akimbo 1887s....

I'm really, really starting to get annoyed by these things.

I've never faced them.... surprising considering I have like 30hrs online already. What is so bad about them?

Nelo Ice

Banned
ZZMitch said:
I've never faced them.... surprising considering I have like 30hrs online already. What is so bad about them?

theyre broken
u can kill guys nearly midrange instantly among other things :lol

andycapps

Nelo Ice said:
theyre broken
u can kill guys nearly midrange instantly among other things :lol

True, there's really no way to win against them unless the other person just doesn't see you or if it's a wide open map and you're quite a distance away. Close quarters you have no chance.. And that's even with me doing Vectors Akimbo.. :lol

Ovid

kyo_daikun said:
Good to know, thanks (never seen anyone bother shooting these down either except me the long way)
I shoot them down once in a while but I always seem to get shot in the back when trying to scan the sky for them.

sestrugen

Love: Terminal, Highrise, Afghan, Favela, Estate, Sub Base
Like: Underpass, Scrapyard, Derail, Quarry, Wasteland
Hate: Karachi, Invasion, Skidrow, Rust

Raide

I just caught 3 people hiding in a corner, 2 on my team, 1 on enemy and they were obviously cheating. Should I feel bad that I just hunted them around and killed the enemy to annoy their little game? :lol

WEGGLES

Dax01 said:
Akimbo 1887s....

I'm really, really starting to get annoyed by these things.
Yeah. They need to be nerfed hard.

I'm fumin right now.

Between connection issues.

Akimbo 1887s

And the aim assist fucking up my knife kills (thnx 4 pointing me at the floor)

And I seem to be matched with people WAY out of my leauge all the time too. Where's the balance? getting ruined every match isn't fun.

andycapps

WEGGLES said:
Yeah. They need to be nerfed hard.

I'm fumin right now.

Between connection issues.

Akimbo 1887s

And the aim assist fucking up my knife kills (thnx 4 pointing me at the floor)

And I seem to be matched with people WAY out of my leauge all the time too. Where's the balance? getting ruined every match isn't fun.

You're probably playing against people in parties. Play the Merc modes to avoid that.

pringles

tarius1210 said:
That's bullshit. I've never EVER seen that happen.
I don't know, I got an EMP in a care package once so it's not far-fetched that nukes can also be acquired that way. Probably very, very rare though.

The other day I was playing on Derail and I was using a stealth buildout. I tracked a guy into the back of the large building opposite the generators, and followed him upstairs. I caught up to him just after he stepped outside onto the platform and right as he was jumping trying to get down. I knifed him mid air and I landed on his lifeless body on the snow. Unfortunately for me, though, we both fell right in front of one of his teammates. I watched the kill cam after he killed me and the body of the guy I knifed looked like it fell out of the sky :lol

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
pringles said:
I don't know, I got an EMP in a care package once so it's not far-fetched that nukes can also be acquired that way. Probably very, very rare though.

but a nuke ends the game. I don't think it's fair that you could end the game with 3 kills (with hardline)

I've never seen a nuke in a care package and I've had over 500.

andycapps said:
That's what I thought.. I can't remember what UAV's are, they're at least 100 XP. Either way, as soon as I see something up in the sky, it's coming down. Granted, most of the time I have cold blooded on so they don't affect me, but it usually is destroying our team who can't seem to equip a Stinger and take them out. That and it's tons of XP.

I beleive they are 150xp as well, ive only ever shot down one tho so could be wrong, how much is an AC130 worth? Got to be 500-600xp

HooCares

Neo Member
joeblackisback said:
The other day I was playing on Derail and I was using a stealth buildout. I tracked a guy into the back of the large building opposite the generators, and followed him upstairs. I caught up to him just after he stepped outside onto the platform and right as he was jumping trying to get down. I knifed him mid air and I landed on his lifeless body on the snow. Unfortunately for me, though, we both fell right in front of one of his teammates. I watched the kill cam after he killed me and the body of the guy I knifed looked like it fell out of the sky :lol

the-departed-martin-sheen2_1199756812.jpg

WEGGLES

andycapps said:
You're probably playing against people in parties. Play the Merc modes to avoid that.
I want to play with my buddies though.

We're all around the same level. And K/D and such

And we constantly are thrown to the lions it seems.

andycapps

WEGGLES said:
I want to play with my buddies though.

We're all around the same level. And K/D and such

And we constantly are thrown to the lions it seems.

Well if your buddies are higher level and you're lower level, you're going to be playing against higher level guys as well most of the time. That's just the way the matchmaking works. Otherwise you'd be in a party with several guys in their 50's and you'd be in your 20's, for example, and you guys would be going up against people in your 20's. That wouldn't be fair for them.

Edit: Oh you're near the same level. I'm not sure what the deal is then.. But the parties due throw a wrench in matchmaking because it's going to be unbalanced for someone whenever you allow parties.

HooCares

Neo Member
BigJonsson said:
For an AC-130 you need at least 2 people with stingers, usually takes 3 shots to bring it down

This is True. One game last night me and some other guy ruined the air support of the other team.

They called in a harrier, pave low, chopper gunner, and AC130 - which all combined managed about 1 kill before they were shot down.

With Scavenger for your Primary Gun you can be comfortable devoting the secondary slot to anti air support.

igla_missile_5.jpg

Going through my Veteran walkthrough. Just beat the second part of the Favela level and hasn't been too difficult yet. Actually find myself enjoying it way more than my normal playthroughs.

Scarecrow said:
Is there any point to carrying throwing knives, besides the the satisfying thunk of actually hitting a dude with one?

Not really no

With a good team the air support is a non issue, just seems rare that I actually get put into a good team.

panda21 said:
damn this game i live near a flight path and every time i see a plane flying over i hear 'enemy AC130 above!'

haha, I drive by the local airport everyday to work. The other day, I saw a plane in the sky far off in the distance. My first thought: "Fuck, let me get my stinger fast. Gotta bring down that UAV." :lol

Stillmatic

Flares for air support seem to be pretty random. Usually an AC130 takes me 3 or 4 shots from a stinger to take down, but i was up against one last night that only took 2. It was great too because there was a random on my team yelling at everyone to get inside a building since according to him you can't shoot them down. :D

Harriers usually only take around 1 shot, but there was one tough bugger that used flares and it took me 3 stingers to destroy.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Freedom = $1.05 said:
haha, I drive by the local airport everyday to work. The other day, I saw a plane in the sky far off in the distance. My first thought: "Fuck, let me get my stinger fast. Gotta bring down that UAV." :lol

And that's how Freedom = $1.05 was put on the terrorist watch list. Carnivore was real, you know ;)

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Freedom = $1.05 said:

I thought I was the only one in the world :lol :lol

WEGGLES

andycapps said:
Well if your buddies are higher level and you're lower level, you're going to be playing against higher level guys as well most of the time. That's just the way the matchmaking works. Otherwise you'd be in a party with several guys in their 50's and you'd be in your 20's, for example, and you guys would be going up against people in your 20's. That wouldn't be fair for them.

Edit: Oh you're near the same level. I'm not sure what the deal is then.. But the parties due throw a wrench in matchmaking because it's going to be unbalanced for someone whenever you allow parties.
We're like 50-60ish

and we're being matched with lvl60... 1st prestige peeps.

Jesus Christ, I must have been up against pro's tonight. I don't think the team I was on in various matches won a single match. Got completely mauled.

WEGGLES

MarkMclovin said:
Jesus Christ, I must have been up against pro's tonight. I don't think the team I was on in various matches won a single match. Got completely mauled.
Had that problem as well. Kinda ruining the game for me. Been like that for the past three days.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Why can i not play single player and download a movie in the background at the same time(PS3)?

Top Bottom