• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

andycapps

NinjaFridge said:
Why can i not play single player and download a movie in the background at the same time(PS3)?

Think it depends on how the devs have it setup, whether the single player accesses the online in any way. Who knows.. Maybe it has something to do with trophy support? But everything has that as well now and I don't remember people complaining about that with anything else.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
andycapps said:
Think it depends on how the devs have it setup, whether the single player accesses the online in any way. Who knows.. Maybe it has something to do with trophy support? But everything has that as well now and I don't remember people complaining about that with anything else.

Just noticed it. I mad a similar problem with MW, wouldn't let me play the single player when i couldn't connect to the PSN. It's a shit way of doing things

WEGGLES said:
Had that problem as well. Kinda ruining the game for me. Been like that for the past three days.

I appreciate playing against good players, but lately it feels like I'm losing constantly because of bad net code or something. It isn't lag from what I can see, but when watching the kill cam, I'm like 'I was definitely firing against you'.

There was a game where I was using the heartbeat monitor in a hardcore match and I can see someone coming around the corner and I'm waiting, ready. The fucker still managed to just run around and shoot me, with a bloody sniper rifle. The same guy killed me in 1on1's even though I have the M16. I've also got full green bars so I've no idea whats going on, so I've given up for tonight.

NYR

Just played a guy in Team Deathmatch called DTA Today.

Without a shadow of a doubt, the best player I have ever seen. He was going 30+ kills with less then 3 deaths EVERY game. We was sniping.

He had a Major League Gaming Gamerpic, and had a crap load of Halo 3 achievements. He must be a pro. Unbelievable.

Mikey Jr.

NYR said:
Just played a guy in Team Deathmatch called DTA Today.

Without a shadow of a doubt, the best player I have ever seen. He was going 30+ kills with less then 3 deaths EVERY game. We was sniping.

He had a Major League Gaming Gamerpic, and had a crap load of Halo 3 achievements. He must be a pro. Unbelievable.

What was his setup?

TimeLike

Does anybody know how Facebook knows about what you accomplish in MW2? Is it a PS3 thing only? I saw someone's status update and it looked like an automatic thing that Playstation put up about this person acquiring some trophies.

borsdy

Banned
The last firmware let's people on their FB friend list know when they purchase things on the Store and unlock trophies, all optionable too.

Mileena

Banned
Fuck it, I'm giving up on snipers in this game. The Barrett and Intevention should be one hit kills anywhere, anytime and I'm "missing" way too many shots I clearly hit. I refuse to use the traditional scope or thermal because they aren't mobile enough and I don't like sitting in a few camping spots sniping the whole match. Goodbye Barrett ACOG, you will be missed.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Singleplayer story was pretty crap. It's amazing how they threw that in there (
Russia versus America
) and did it haphazardly, even with no active civilians fleeing around you (did see a car driving away in one level).

Price coming back was FUCK YEAH, but at the same time "Wait, didn't he die in CoD4?"

Levels themselves were alright, minus playing them on Veteran. Seriously, fuck Brazil in the ass on Veteran. (Completed all the levels, but still)

Oh, yeah and "No Russian"
completely thrown in only because of the last bit "Oh, hey, you're not really undercover. I knew you were the spah all along. LOLOLOLOL *shot*" ... "ZOMG AMERICAN TERRORISTS!? FLASHPOINT TO INVADE USA!"

Haven't delved into the Spec Ops yet. I don't know if I want to dive into mulitplayer. I don't need my life sucked out like it was in CoD4 again. :lol

Edit: Oh, yeah, and the military jargon being a mile-a-minute (doesn't help with reading subtitles, either) was ugh. Dear NCIS writer that made it onto the MW1/2 team: Do it like Gibbs and only explain what the word means, but then never use it again. Thank you.

"STAY FROSTY WE'RE OSCAR MIKE! RAMERIZ, DO EVERYTHING!"

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
Talon- said:
Is there a GAF tag on XBL? I'm getting tired of playing with 15-year-olds talking about weed. :lol
I was in a room with two kids stealing clan tags from other clans in the room. :lol

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
corkscrewblow said:
Fuck it, I'm giving up on snipers in this game. The Barrett and Intevention should be one hit kills anywhere, anytime and I'm "missing" way too many shots I clearly hit. I refuse to use the traditional scope or thermal because they aren't mobile enough and I don't like sitting in a few camping spots sniping the whole match. Goodbye Barrett ACOG, you will be missed.

CoD4 had sniper issues out of the gate. Maybe they'll patch it.

I really don't like the reduction in power from putting a silencer on. Maybe they do it to balance the game a bit. But it's almost as annoying as the super powered 1887s. On Derail it's more than one shot to kill someone who's walking down the middle bridge area when I'm at the top part of the map (where the town is) if I have a silencer on my Barrett. WTF? What's the point of a sniper rifle?

RSTEIN said:
CoD4 had sniper issues out of the gate. Maybe they'll patch it.

I really don't like the reduction in power from putting a silencer on. Maybe they do it to balance the game a bit. But it's almost as annoying as the super powered 1887s. On Derail it's more than one shot to kill someone who's walking down the middle bridge area when I'm at the top part of the map (where the town is) if I have a silencer on my Barrett. WTF? What's the point of a sniper rifle?
Since sniper rifles have infinite range, not reducing damage when putting on a silencer would be a bit overpowered.

Risette

A Good Citizen
I was trying out weapons in a private match with a friend and it took 2 shots to the head at a to kill him with a silenced Intervention and I was at a really close range. Like, nearly point blank but far enough back to get a decent shot. I didn't have Stopping Power on but...that's still pretty dumb IMO.

The private match settings were at their default so he didn't have extra health or fast regeneration.

Narag

I assumed the sniper rifles were toned down to encourage them being paired up with stopping power so people weren't being godly marksman immune to air support.

buy teh haloz said:
Since sniper rifles have infinite range, not reducing damage when putting on a silencer would be a bit overpowered.
Yup.

Unlike in Halo 3, in which I detest sniping, I love sniping in CoD4. Guess it's because it's so much easier to get a one-hit kill (just aim in the upper chest area - if you have stopping power, at least).

EazyB

Banned
Dax01 said:
Yup.

Unlike in Halo 3, in which I detest sniping, I love sniping in CoD4. Guess it's because it's so much easier to get a one-hit kill (just aim in the upper chest area - if you have stopping power, at least).
You complain about sniping in Halo 3 because "it's too overpowered." Yet now you're saying you love sniping in CoD4... because it's easier and more powerful?

:lol

EazyB said:
You complain about sniping in Halo 3 because "it's too overpowered." Yet now you're saying you love sniping in CoD4... because it's easier and more powerful?
You're always good for a laugh, and I've never said that.

Edit - Sniping in MW2 is not overpowered, unless you're on maps like Wasteland. The power of the sniper is usually counteracted by the maps of the game.

Minamu

Stillmatic said:
It's not a glitch, it's a designed path to get up there on that map.
This. I rarely see anyone on the roofs anymore. If anyone use it, they usually camp on that big yellow crane thing on the side of the main area. Haven't been able to reach the top of the house nor the top of the crane yet but they seem to be pretty good spots.

Talon- said:
Is there a GAF tag on XBL? I'm getting tired of playing with 15-year-olds talking about weed. :lol
NGAF/GAF maybe? Thanks for giving me the idea :D

ZROCOOL said:
I was in a room with two kids stealing clan tags from other clans in the room. :lol
It can be pretty fun sometimes. Especially if you manage to silently get almost everyone to join the same clan across both teams :lol And getting angry messages from people who take it too seriously is hilarious.

EazyB

Banned
Dax01 said:
You're always good for a laugh, and I've never said that.

Edit - Sniping in MW2 is not overpowered, unless you're on maps like Wasteland. The power of the sniper is usually counteracted by the maps of the game.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16231579&postcount=97959

Dax01 said:
1. I said can be a very cheap weapon.
2. Those times when you can't get to that annoying sniper at the back of the map or in some obscure location and he just keeps on sniping you. Basically when the sniper is in a position where it's extremely difficult to get him.
3. Those stupid close-range one sniper bullet and melee combination.
Dax01 said:
All of those make you expose yourself to some element of danger to a more significant degree than using a sniper.

Though I'll give you some credit, you did admit that some of your hate for the Halo 3 sniper rifle was from the fact that you didn't have enough skill to use it:

Dax01 said:
I'm not any good with it, but that doesn't change the fact that the sniper rifle doesn't need to give its user a degree of risk when using it. Whatever, dude.

So I guess it wasn't your oppinion that it was "very cheap;" it was just the fact that you couldn't get kills with it that made you think it's overpowered. This is made obvious because you embrace your ability to one-shot opponents from across the map in MW2 solely because it's easy enough for even you to use it.

Dax, you're a fucking joke. Never change, dude.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Just started replaying the single player campaign on hardened difficulty. Man, the gameplay is utterly broken. The enemies either stand and aim at the corner you're gonna come around or they just snipe you from a mile off, all in the matter of less than a second. Ontop of that, as soon as you get hit you get that jerk that throws off your aim. Really, IW? Really? Playing through Favela is a damn nightmare during certain sections where you know there's gonna be enemies around the corner, all just aiming at the spot you have to move around. And even if you use a flashbang they'll immediately get their sights onto you and fire the very second the effect wears off.

I bought this game for the MP so the quality of the single player wasn't a concern. That said the single player game is a 6 out of 10 at best. Nowhere near as good as COD4 which itself wasn't anything amazing.

Yeef

I always assumed that you can only get killstreak rewards that you've already unlocked in care packages/airdrops. Is that true? I've certainly noticed in my own drops that I'd never get anything other than what I had unlocked. I haven't bothered unlocking nukes yet since I don't see myself being able to use it much, but if that is the way the drops work then I'll probably grab EMP next.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Finished the game twice. I'm utterly disappointed at the storyline, COD4 was so great, but this time around...the game is just so disjointed, the storytelling is garbage, half the time it feels like i am missing something, total lack of exposition, and they even cut on those small details, like ending a mission inside the heli with some last minute story tidbits being laid down by a character....

So disappointed :(

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Yeef said:
I always assumed that you can only get killstreak rewards that you've already unlocked in care packages/airdrops. Is that true? I've certainly noticed in my own drops that I'd never get anything other than what I had unlocked. I haven't bothered unlocking nukes yet since I don't see myself being able to use it much, but if that is the way the drops work then I'll probably grab EMP next.
Nope, not the case. I've received a number of killstreak rewards in care packages that I haven't unlocked. I got a chopper gunner one of the first times I played online.

EazyB

Banned
Dax01 said:
You're a fucking joke, Eazy. Never change, man. In none of those posts did I say it was overpowered, only that it can be cheap at times (same as the sniper in MW2). All of a sudden if a weapon is overpowered it means I can't enjoy using it? Logic escapes you.
Oh, you're saying Halo 3's is cheap but balanced as is MW2's. What a silly misunderstanding.

Magik

They seriously need to work on the server sync issues. Far too often I've already cleared a corner by a fair bit and yet I still die by a bullet that is a meter away from me. :(

SSM25

Magik said:
They seriously need to work on the server sync issues. Far too often I've already cleared a corner by a fair bit and yet I still die by a bullet that is a meter away from me. :(

I hate when that happens, it sucks!! :(

RedAssedApe

Banned
ItsInMyVeins said:
Just started replaying the single player campaign on hardened difficulty. Man, the gameplay is utterly broken. The enemies either stand and aim at the corner you're gonna come around or they just snipe you from a mile off, all in the matter of less than a second. Ontop of that, as soon as you get hit you get that jerk that throws off your aim. Really, IW? Really? Playing through Favela is a damn nightmare during certain sections where you know there's gonna be enemies around the corner, all just aiming at the spot you have to move around. And even if you use a flashbang they'll immediately get their sights onto you and fire the very second the effect wears off.

If you think that's rough try playing it on Veteran. :D

IMO its noticeably easier than COD4 though...probably because there aren't those bullshit timed events and respawning enemies this time around.

JB1981

EazyB said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16231579&postcount=97959

Though I'll give you some credit, you did admit that some of your hate for the Halo 3 sniper rifle was from the fact that you didn't have enough skill to use it:

So I guess it wasn't your oppinion that it was "very cheap;" it was just the fact that you couldn't get kills with it that made you think it's overpowered. This is made obvious because you embrace your ability to one-shot opponents from across the map in MW2 solely because it's easy enough for even you to use it.

Dax, you're a fucking joke. Never change, dude.

Halo 3 sniping. Serious Business.

Ecto311

I bet it has been answered already but I finished this game 2 times once on normal and once on hardened. The game is showing 80% or so finished. Do I just need to go get the rest of the intelligence?

Another question I am sure has been answered but do the spec ops scale for the amount of people you have playing or is it almost the same in single player?

Orangepeel said:
Wat! Lol, I have a feeling I'll be dying the next couple times I play this map just to try some of these spots.

Anyone else out there sporting a [GAF] clan tag on ps3? I like to feel special :D

Andycapps & I are. I have no idea about anyone else though.

Ecto311 said:
I bet it has been answered already but I finished this game 2 times once on normal and once on hardened. The game is showing 80% or so finished. Do I just need to go get the rest of the intelligence?

Another question I am sure has been answered but do the spec ops scale for the amount of people you have playing or is it almost the same in single player?

I believe you have to beat the game on Veteran as well as get all the intel in order to get 100%. No answer for spec ops, sorry.

Top Bottom