• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

neoism

Luckyman said:
No G3 in multi? Are you serious?
ejfu6v_th.jpg

Revolutionary said:
Yep! :lol

I was one of the 15 or so there for the PS3 version. The other 50 or so were 360. :lol
I doubt you stuck around but were there enough copies to go around for say... tomorrow?
I ordered through Amazon and the estimated ship date is Nov 16th. Don't know if a $20 gift card is worth a week's wait.

Jeff Stephen said:
I doubt you stuck around but were there enough copies to go around for say... tomorrow?
I ordered through Amazon and the estimated ship date is Nov 16th. Don't know if a $20 gift card is worth a week's wait.

I was there till the end, they ran out of 360 and only had some PS3 copies left. They are apparently getting 124 copies for 360 and 62 copies for PS3. They will give priority to those who have paid it off already, so if you want to get it i'd recommend going early.

Jeff Stephen said:
Release date delivery is only $6.

Jeff Stephen said:

Wait what? Did you order the release day shipping?

BrassMonkey1010 said:
Wait what? Did you order the release day shipping?
According to my e-mail I didn't. I'll go ahead and change my order right now and hope it won't affect my GC offer. I haven't checked that e-mail account since ordering back in late October.

I'm not getting any Trophies with my copy. WTF!? It's not even listed as being played in my trophy collection, and I've been playing for almost 3 hours. What is going on here?

F#A#Oo

Banned
perineumlick said:
I'm not getting any Trophies with my copy. WTF!? It's not even listed as being played in my trophy collection, and I've been playing for almost 3 hours. What is going on here?

Infinity Ward forgot to add em?

F#A#Oo said:
Infinity Ward forgot to add em?

It's listed on the back cover, lol. My cousin has got some, so his copy is working at least. Never had this happen before. There was a 15mb update when I first put the game in; wonder what that was for?

perineumlick said:

The unlock code for that is paid DLC sometime in the future.

Boogat

perineumlick said:

It's listed on the back cover, lol. My cousin has got some, so his copy is working at least. Never had this happen before. There was a 15mb update when I first put the game in; wonder what that was for?

Maybe the update was used to block trophies for those who got the game early? Did your cousin download the update or is he playing on a fresh copy?

kuYuri

neojubei said:
Finally footage of the ps3 version.

PS3 footage has been out awhile now, but most of them get taken down quick cause people post them here for IW to see and take down. :lol

Mikey Jr. said:
Holy shit, it's like 1080p. It's like I'm playing this game on my PS3!

I'm telling you - the PS3 version looks and plays great. Smooth too. SP campaign really holds up in intense scenes with bullets flying everywhere and dust clouding the screen.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
djblackice said:
I'm telling you - the PS3 version looks and plays great. Smooth too. SP campaign really holds up in intense scenes with bullets flying everywhere and dust clouding the screen.

That's good news. Is there an install for the game?

Is it still possible to pre-order the PS3 Hardened Edition?

Dynamic3

neojubei said:
That's good news. Is there an install for the game?

Is it still possible to pre-order the PS3 Hardened Edition?

I preordered my reg. edition at GS today and the dude said you could still preorder any edition for any system.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Dynamic3 said:
I preordered my reg. edition at GS today and the dude said you could still preorder any edition for any system.

Ok I'll do that tomorrow and get the guy's name :D

djblackice said:
Not that I saw. Back of the box only says 50mb required.

Good to hear. :D

sk3tch

CcrooK said:
Well. I have a quest this weekend. And that is to muster up cash for a 360. I just can't fathom the thought of playing the gimped PC version.

Wait, what? Since when is the PC version the worst one? I can get it on any platform and I am still leaning towards PC. Better graphics, mouse/keyboard, Steamworks - and the multiplayer (albeit gimped for PC) is the same as the setup on PS3/360, right?

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
IMPRESSIONS FROM A CASUAL COD4 FAN

I didn't like COD4 as much as Halo, Gears, or Uncharted. In fact, I place it at the bottom of this gen's top-tier shooters. I did like it - I had a lot of fun with multiplayer - mostly because that's the game my friends played. So what do I think of MW2?

I *don't* think the game is a huge leap forward like Uncharted 1 --> Uncharted 2 or Halo 2 --> Halo 3. Everything still feels pretty much the same. It's very much a sequel of small refinements, and not a sequel of major additions or changes.

Some random multiplayer thoughts:

- The maps are HUUUUGE, and there's so many of them. I played multi for 3-4 hours tonight and I don't feel like I've even began to "get" the maps yet.
- You die VERY VERY EASILY. If someone gets the drop on you, it is literally impossible to turn the tables on them. You die in literally one fraction of one second.
- I might be wrong (I haven't played cod4 in a while) but it seems to me like the weapons have more reach. Almost any if the automatic rifles can kill across the map.

-You're literally unlocking stuff CONSTANTLY. Constantly. Every game you will complete multiple challenges. It's almost like the flash game Achievement Unlocked but it isn't a parody.

- I once unlocked four things AT ONCE - from one kill. A gun's headshot medal, the slight of hand perk medal, the stopping power perk medal, and I leveled up. They all dinged on screen one after the other. :D :D

- There's a huge number of end-of-game medals doled out. Medals for EVERYTHING. Most reloads, most time spent near the enemy, most prone kills, most time spent watching kill cam, soooo many more.

- The unlockables are kinda nuts. I've been using one gun - just one of the starting automatics - and in four hours I've only unlocked about 2/3rds of the add-ons and bling for it. For that one gun. Granted, I'm not that great at the game, though. Others will probably earn stuff faster.

~~~

Overall, MW2 is basically just a new MW1. If you weren't nuts about the original I don't see how this one could change your mind. I think it's probably been overhyped, TBH. I don't think it can replace Uncharted 2 as GotY. But it's still very polished and a lot of fun.

kuYuri

GDJustin, I disagree about Uncharted 2 being a huge leap over Uncharted 1, but that's just me. I'm not so sure I agree abot Halo 2 -> Halo 3 either, but again that's just me.

What I would consider a big change is something like RE4 compared to previous games in the series.

otakuderek

So my overnight delivery decided not to be in my mailbox when I got home today. Went to the post office to see what the deal was and they told me that it is still in transit from the airport......RRRRAAAAAGGGGGEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Told me it should be there in the morning so I will be there at 9am to get that game tomorrow.

Doesn't USPS have to refund your shipping if its not delivered overnight?

whitehawk

Banned
Alright so..

• This game has co-op right?
  • Do the achievements make sense now? In COD5, you could only get the achievements if you played single player, and on veteran.

otakuderek

Revolutionary said:
So... is it true that there will be a stat reset on the 10th?

Yeah, 402 confirmed it a couple of day ago on his twitter:

It definitely looks like a full leaderboard / level reset is in order just before the release date to ensure no unfair advantages.
3:43 PM Nov 1st from Tweetie

otakuderek

whitehawk said:
Alright so..

• This game has co-op right?
  • Do the achievements make sense now? In COD5, you could only get the achievements if you played single player, and on veteran.

Co-op is only for Spec-Ops not for story/campaign

The achievements are based around single player and spec-ops

VendettaXXI said:
Yeah, 402 confirmed it a couple of day ago on his twitter:

It definitely looks like a full leaderboard / level reset is in order just before the release date to ensure no unfair advantages.
3:43 PM Nov 1st from Tweetie
Awesome, that means my first 2 matches never counted. They were awful. :lol First time playing a COD in over a year...

..but I've got my groove back now. :D

perineumlick said:

hmmm, do you have the PAL version? I dunno what to tell you. My PS3 version is logging all my trophies.

Boogat

Billy Mitchell said:
hmmm, do you have the PAL version? I dunno what to tell you. My PS3 version is logging all my trophies.
So did you install the patch as well? If you did, we can rule out that idea (the patch blocking the trophies).

Calen

Boogat said:
So did you install the patch as well? If you did, we can rule out that idea (the patch blocking the trophies).
Nothing should be blocking trophies, early version or not. We'll figure out what's going on.

Neiteio

Question:

Is the PS3 version of MW2 expected to hold up as well as the 360 version in terms of image quality, performance, et al?

I'm quite interested in the game after the snazzy new launch trailer.

Boogat said:
Maybe the update was used to block trophies for those who got the game early? Did your cousin download the update or is he playing on a fresh copy?
My cousin did the same update. We both got the game at the same time. I even tried deleting my save and profile, and starting over, even the patch; nothing. Even after synching my trophies, it's as if I never played the game. I don't know what it could be.

X26

Banned
Eric WK said:
It's insane how quickly you die in this. My old run and gun tactics are pretty much worthless now.

Dunno how I feel about that, was fine as-is in cod4 and if you didn't like that there was always hardcore

Calen said:
Nothing should be blocking trophies, early version or not. We'll figure out what's going on.

Have you heard of any other cases like this Calen? I'm wondering if maybe my COD4: MW1 game save might be corrupting something.

Yeah, I seem to have stopped getting trophies as well. I played singleplayer first and the trophies were working fine (got a few of them). Then, I tried out multiplayer for a bit, went back to singleplayer, completed a few levels and realized I haven't received any trophies in a while. Checked the Trophy List and I apparently missed 3 of them (despite fulfilling the description).

Think it could have something to do with the multi?

Top Bottom