• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

OuterWorldVoice said:
I never played it before. I ended up in Free for All. It reminded me of my first ever Unreal self-made map - "The Museum of Shame" which was a cube, empty but for basically random spawn points and two statues from the game ed library.

I a not saying it's a bad map at all, just that it might be better suited to say, one on one matches.
It's definitely a clusterfuck on Team Deathmatch.

Dax01 said:
It's definitely a clusterfuck on Team Deathmatch.

A clusterfuck of pure awesome you mean. That map is so much fun, because it throws all the camping and building up streaks and shit out the window. If someone manages to get to 6 or 7 for an airstrike/harrier and then carpet bombs the enemy team, theres not much you can do but laugh and shrug it off. I got an AC130 in a care package and racked up 27 kills with it.

That map is just a straight up joke on fuller rooms, and I absolutely love it. Don't take the round too seriously, just start to have fun in the mayhem.

Dax01 said:
That's definitely not fun if you're on the receiving end.

Oh please, throw on cold blooded and go chill in a corner, I was popping shots into the middle anyway. But really, if I was on the receiving end I would probably be pissed, but sometimes thats the way shit goes down. Ten minutes later its over and you pretend you never went 3-22. Problem solved.

Pyke Presco said:
A clusterfuck of pure awesome you mean. That map is so much fun, because it throws all the camping and building up streaks and shit out the window. If someone manages to get to 6 or 7 for an airstrike/harrier and then carpet bombs the enemy team, theres not much you can do but laugh and shrug it off. I got an AC130 in a care package and racked up 27 kills with it.

That map is just a straight up joke on fuller rooms, and I absolutely love it.
That's definitely not fun if you're on the receiving end.

bdouble

bloodydrake said:
In HC HQ if they set the game to classic kill streak rewards I'd be happy.
UAV, Predator, Attack Helo only, for example.
3,5,7 nothing else till you respawn.
Why? Its really not hard to take this shit down. Get killed by a heli? Spawn with a stinger.

mbmonk

AnEternalEnigma said:
Do you know how easy it is to take out a Harrier with a Stinger? If the other team isn't going to bother, then he did earn it.

To me personally 'earning' kills is aiming yourself and pulling the trigger yourself. Having the computer aim AND pull the trigger doesn't seem like 'earning' it to me. I don't care either way of course. He got the nuke; that is awesome.

Of course I know about the stinger; I mentioned in my post. How does the fact that the other team was to stupid to shoot it down = him earning it? I guess I am missing that part.

So I've played through that campaign like 5 times or so and the end scene of the game is still fucking awesome whenever I watch it.

I get fucking chills(feels good man) when
soap just realizes his hand around the knife and slowly pulls it out. The music really makes the entire scene.

Awesome.

Nizz

Lionheart1827 said:
So I've played through that campaign like 5 times or so and the end scene of the game is still fucking awesome whenever I watch it.

I get fucking chills(feels good man) when
soap just realizes his hand around the knife and slowly pulls it out. The music really makes the entire scene.

Awesome.
Yeah, that whole end sequence was pretty crazy.
I like how Soap spins the knife before he throws it.

I want to play through the campaign again
minus the airport scene. I felt kinda disgusted playing through that.

I kind of blew through it so I could jump into multiplayer quickly, so I really want to soak it in this time. I think I'll play it on Hardened this time.

DarkJC

mbmonk said:
Of course I know about the stinger; I mentioned in my post. How does the fact that the other team was to stupid to shoot it down = him earning it? I guess I am missing that part.

He earned it by getting a 7 kill streak without dying. The reward is potential 'free' kills, if the other team doesn't shoot it down. They didn't, so he reaped his reward.

chapel

Banned
mbmonk said:
To me personally 'earning' kills is aiming yourself and pulling the trigger yourself. Having the computer aim AND pull the trigger doesn't seem like 'earning' it to me. I don't care either way of course. He got the nuke; that is awesome.

Well the harrier only gave me like 3 kills. So the rest were all achieved through my aiming and pulling the trigger.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Oh wow just unlocked the "Hello my name is" title.

I have no idea how I got it, but I went 50 - 9 knifing people in HQ on Invasion :lol

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I played this game for about 4 consecutive hours. 3 of those I become host of the room. So, so, so awesome. Not because I was host, because frankly I got my ass kicked in one of two games, but the teams I ended up with were really good teammates.

Also...

FAMAS with Silencer and Heartbeat Sensor
Bling Pro
Cold Blooded
Ninja

FTW!! I love that setup for taking down snipers or just plain surprising people.

pringles

Relix said:
I played this game for about 4 consecutive hours. 3 of those I become host of the room. So, so, so awesome. Not because I was host, because frankly I got my ass kicked in one of two games, but the teams I ended up with were really good teammates.

Also...

Bling Pro
Cold Blooded
Ninja

FTW!! I love that setup for taking down snipers or just plain surprising people.
Swap the Famas for M16 and heartbeat for red-dot and you have my setup. And of course a stinger as secondary. I've tried the heartbeat but always find I end up looking more at that than at the environment and it just messes up my whole rythm.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
As much as I love the knife, it's just so wonky sometimes. When you somehow miss someone with it, and they completely disappear from your FOV, so you spin around as fast as you can but have to wait to try and swing at them again? That's the longest two seconds ever.

Although I love it when I get caught off-guard by surprise gunfire, duck behind a corner and wait — the less-savvy players will blatantly come looking for me and I just run out and stab them in the face before they can even react.

bdouble

Cerrius said:
Oh wow just unlocked the "Hello my name is" title.

I have no idea how I got it, but I went 50 - 9 knifing people in HQ on Invasion :lol
Its form the "its personal trophy/achievement" Its the commando perk challenges. I received it by running around in FFA with Lightweight throwing knives and a smg.

I accidentally got the two head shots with one bullet challenge. I never thought I'd get it, especially from shooting randomly across the map.

Enosh

I somehow managed to complete the dominos (kill someone by setting off a explosive chain reaction) challenge today preaty much by just randomly throwing semtex at one place

vatstep said:
As much as I love the knife, it's just so wonky sometimes. When you somehow miss someone with it, and they completely disappear from your FOV, so you spin around as fast as you can but have to wait to try and swing at them again? That's the longest two seconds ever.

Although I love it when I get caught off-guard by surprise gunfire, duck behind a corner and wait — the less-savvy players will blatantly come looking for me and I just run out and stab them in the face before they can even react.

The best is when you clearly see somebody while you're turning the corner, you KNOW they saw you but you pretend you didnt see them and run around the corner. You wait a few seconds and run back and BAM surprise knife attack! So great.

And yes I hate how sometimes I clearly knife somebody but it kinda "bounces" past him, almost like I missed him by a fraction of an inch. Then...panic, and then you get knifed, pisses me off so bad.

Theres also an old habit from COD4 that I have where I'll kind of "intercept" a guy as he's coming in my direction and after I knife him I do like a complete 360 spin maneuver after the knife. I feel like a football player faking somebody out.

Minamu

bdouble said:
Its form the "its personal trophy/achievement" Its the commando perk challenges. I received it by running around in FFA with Lightweight throwing knives and a smg.
Doubt it. I used shield melee to max my commando perk challenge to lvl 6 & I still haven't received it yet.

cresto

I played a game of domination on highrise last week and had the upper hand for the majority of the match. It was when the score hit about 180-140, they started ramping up the offense. They took B, but we had enough lead to get us to the end without in domination. They managed to get it on us once and we backed them off the the score reaching 194-180 and then it all went to hell. Every time I ran out to get back A, they completely ruined me. We ended up losing 200-198 and I was sick to my stomach...

Came across my first obvious cheater tonight (aimbot, every kill = headshot), i checked his SteamID and he also appears to run an online CD key site......

So, anywhere to report him or sod all i can do ?

pringles said:
Came in here to say this. I tried a few HC games for the first time today and I can safely say I'll never make the mistake of trying it again.

Like I told my girlfriend... it only hurts the first couple of times then you get used to it :) Tonight I went 27-0 on Hardcore Team Deathmatch so it can't be that hard. Well, my Pave Low got 17 of those kills but still. Oh, and thank you other team for not having a single person with a Stinger. Can I play with you guys more often????

pringles

OldJadedGamer said:
Like I told my girlfriend... it only hurts the first couple of times then you get used to it :)
lol but I didn't do too bad actually.. had over 1 K/D atleast.
Maybe I just got a bad impression by it because the first map I played was Wasteland and it was excruciatingly boring. Everyone was just laying prone in one spot with snipers. That map sucks in regular TDM too, but when you basically don't have a radar and no killcam, camping becomes pretty much a necessity, and I don't have the patience to lay in a bush all game.

bdouble

Ogs said:
Came across my first obvious cheater tonight (aimbot, every kill = headshot), i checked his SteamID and he also appears to run an online CD key site......

So, anywhere to report him or sod all i can do ?
screen shots and/or video then submit to Steam.

I was playing Team Deathmatch Express and realized it just is too small , I don't know if its less players or what but every game was ending with the time running out instead of the kill count being reached. Derail is also way too big for 4v4 and 5v5 but I also straight up don't like that map. Promoted lots of camping and was extremely frustrating, then I went into HQ Pro and everything was fine again because the other team had to MOVE and not just from one corner of a room to the other. :lol

Mileena

Banned
Just played with a level 50 second prestige where ALL of his kills were with the rocket launcher or noob tube. How the hell do people find that shit fun? I've never played with that big of a scrub in my life.

corkscrewblow said:
Just played with a level 50 second prestige where ALL of his kills were with the rocket launcher or noob tube. How the hell do people find that shit fun? I've never played with that big of a scrub in my life.

He was likely leveling those 2 weapons?

Talon

Rickard said:
I honestly think Favela is one of the greatest multiplayer maps I've ever played.
Your avatar would lead me to believe that you play TF2...and probably TF and CS.

Then again, this statement makes no sense in that context.

corkscrewblow said:

i thought it we were over this.

Mileena

Banned
Billy Mitchell said:
He was likely leveling those 2 weapons?
He did not shoot the M4 at all the ENTIRE game. Just played another match and he did the same thing except he was on my team so he didn't piss me off.

Narag

corkscrewblow said:

May have just been working on levelling danger close or associated challenges.

corkscrewblow said:
He did not shoot the M4 at all the ENTIRE game. Just played another match and he did the same thing except he was on my team so he didn't piss me off.

The only way to get the shotgun attachment is to use the grenade launcher.

j-wood

Semtex grenade is just plain awesome, I use it in everyone one of my setups.

1. Someone is chasing me, and I hit the corner with a semtex, which blows up right when they get there.

2. Chucking a semtex forward from my position near the enemies, only to have them run into it because they don't hear the "tink tink tink" of a frag.

:D

NYR

Man, they really got to make it so riot shields get destroyed after awhile - so dumb being chased or seeing a riot shielding asshole right in front of me. Love to stick Semtex on them, but still....

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
corkscrewblow said:

say what? I do this all the time when I feel like blowing people up.

M4 + Nade Launcher
Secondary: Thumper

Scavenger
Danger Close
Commando

+ Claymore and Stuns

It's a very fun class. ;-)

Mileena

Banned
How does resupply work exactly? Do I need to run over a gun the same kind as mine to get more ammo? I'm only using it because the SCAR runs out of ammo at like a 5 killstreak :/

Narag

corkscrewblow said:
How does resupply work exactly? Do I need to run over a gun the same kind as mine to get more ammo? I'm only using it because the SCAR runs out of ammo at like a 5 killstreak :/

With Scavenger, there's little blue bags you just run over for more ammo. Once you get scavenger pro, I believe you'll start out with 120 extra rounds for the SCAR rather than just 40.

SmokeMaxX

Model 1887s are fine. You basically have one shot to kill the person in front of you and if you don't, you're dead. You want to complain about anything in this game (and there's a lot to complain about) it's the ARs and spawn system that's BS.

SmokeMaxX

Some words on Scavenger:
You can resupply your claymores, c4, etc. also. It's fun getting like 10 claymores surrounding you =]
One way to do the Scavenger challenge quickly is to throw a special grenade before you run over a body. I find that I run over a lot of dead bodies but I'm already "refilled" from other bodies that I've ran over so if I just throw one stun grenade, I'm that much closer to the challenge. It's faster than shooting + reloading.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
SmokeMaxX said:
Model 1887s are fine. You basically have one shot to kill the person in front of you and if you don't, you're dead. You want to complain about anything in this game (and there's a lot to complain about) it's the ARs and spawn system that's BS.

Maybe if missing actually meant you died. They have a stupid amount of range considering they're SHOTGUNS. There's also close range encounters where if they somehow managed to miss they can still grow a third arm and knife you.

SmokeMaxX said:
Model 1887s are fine. You basically have one shot to kill the person in front of you and if you don't, you're dead.

I find that statement hilarious..

Weapon "X" is perfectly fine as long as you one shot kill them before they 1 shot kill you...

Doesnt that basically sum up the answer to any weapon?

Jonsoncao

Banned
Relix said:

Also...

Bling Pro
Cold Blooded
Ninja

that's my TDM setting, also w/ dual 1887/Ranger as my 2nd weapon
running around and taking out campers super phun lol
this class boosts my k/d from 1.1 to 1.35 also accuracy from 15% to 21% :D

DuckRacer

Papercuts said:
Maybe if missing actually meant you died. They have a stupid amount of range considering they're SHOTGUNS. There's also close range encounters where if they somehow managed to miss they can still grow a third arm and knife you.
There's also the fact that being able to dual wield shotguns to begin with is completely ridiculous. Never mind that you can reload them (as well as any akimbo weapon in MW2) very quickly as if you're only using one gun.

Top Bottom