• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

1887s you alternate so you never stop firing unless its a long shot from behind...

Right?

Plus they are awesome but I lost them when I went prestige. They aren't available until level 67 anyways.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
xxjuicesxx said:
1887s you alternate so you never stop firing unless its a long shot from behind...

Right?

Plus they are awesome but I lost them when I went prestige. They aren't available until level 67 anyways.

I don't think using the fact you get them as a high level was any excuse to not balance them at all. If anything it makes it worse that lower leveled people are actually disadvantaged by not getting them for a long time.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I forgot how much I love Akimbo USPs. These things are so awesome. Haven't had them for a while since I prestiged.

Merguson

Banned
Glitches are present from the first Modern Warfare game. I don't get it. You have a two year development cycle and you don't do anything to fix these glitches.

Also, apparently you can get infinite care packages and it looks relatively simple. Infinity Ward better get on that soon because that kind of shit can break the online.

NYR

PetriP-TNT said:
Finally saw someone use a Tactical Nuke today :lol

My K/D ratio sucks ass and I wonder if it will ever get better.
Use a heartbeat sensor. You get the upper hand knowing where guys will be, and you'll get better on one to one battles when you know they are coming and can practice. Also use a scope on your gun, give you some range to pick people off. I suggest the acog.

Mileena

Banned
practice02 said:
there's alot of half assedly balanced things in this game mainly all things akimbo.
Fix the range on the 1887s and fix commando (or just remove it plz) and I'm happy with that. There's really no reason for someone to lunge 7 feet at me and knife me after I shot them in the chest three times.

X26

Banned
Papercuts said:
I don't think using the fact you get them as a high level was any excuse to not balance them at all. If anything it makes it worse that lower leveled people are actually disadvantaged by not getting them for a long time.

Haven't run into them too much, but earlier today I was playing tdm on skidrow and someone with dual 1887's comeout out the area with the forklift and kills 3 of us at one from like ~10ft away in a split second :lol

G-Fex

Been playing with a lot of shield use lately. Shield/Ranger combo and it's funny all the shield melee kills I've gotten with it.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Should just be primary only for akimbos. Basically anything secondary with akimbo becomes godlike. Moreso for Model 1800's.

When secondarys are always more powerfull than primarys, Something is clearly wrong. Most games i see its just people with marathon + akimboed something.

rodvik

fps fanatic said:
Ok, those Akimbo 1887 shotguns have got to go...

Yeah. I picked up a pair today from a body and ran around with them. I couldn't believe the range the things had. I got an easy kill streak with them. My beef isnt that they are overpowered (they might be but I can deal) so much as it just takes me out of the fiction.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Metalic Sand said:
Should just be primary only for akimbos. Basically anything secondary with akimbo becomes godlike. Moreso for Model 1800's.

When secondarys are always more powerfull than primarys, Something is clearly wrong. Most games i see its just people with marathon + akimboed something.

i usually use riot shield with akimbo 1887s
perks are
seight of hand
hardline
commando

works pretty well in pissing ppl off and getting really fast killstreak rewards :lol

rodvik

Any tips on using the javelin? So far I have zero kills with it. In fact its primary purpose seems to be as a smoke trail for my enemies... leading directly to my firing location....

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
rodvik said:
Any tips on using the javelin? So far I have zero kills with it. In fact its primary purpose seems to be as a smoke trail for my enemies... leading directly to my firing location....

Dont have any tips, Just wanted to say my friend uses it and %50 of the time he launchs it as the game starts and kills a guy on the other team. Havent used it myself but most games i see it used someone ends up dieing :lol

Also dual purpose FTW. Vehicles/People.

SmokeMaxX

Pkm said:
I find that statement hilarious..

Weapon "X" is perfectly fine as long as you one shot kill them before they 1 shot kill you...

Doesnt that basically sum up the answer to any weapon?

You joking or you serious? I personally hate how every AR in the game can kill you in three zero-recoil bullets, giving them versatility in literally every range outside of melee. The system is broken. Because most people fire Akimbo 1887s at the same time, there's more than enough time to kill the person if they miss and you're on your game. I don't like the way the game works, but if they're going to make it so easy to kill someone ANYWAY, then the Akimbo model 1887s are balanced well enough.

I'm surprised more people don't complain about getting one burst killed from the FAMAS/M16 at short, medium, and long range. ARs in this game basically make every other weapon type useless. They have excellent bullet penetration esp. with FMJ. They do just as well as SMGs in close quarters and equally as well as snipers in long quarters. There's no balance. ARs rule this game.

LiK

akimbo shotties seem to have a ton of range. some dude got me from way across the map, ughhh

also, my 2nd day playing multi and someone uses a tactical nuke. good thing he was on my team :lol pretty wild effect...

Cohsae

Metalic Sand said:
Dont have any tips, Just wanted to say my friend uses it and %50 of the time he launchs it as the game starts and kills a guy on the other team. Havent used it myself but most games i see it used someone ends up dieing :lol

Also dual purpose FTW. Vehicles/People.
Saw a guy using it to dominate while playing headquarters. He'd just target the hq while the enemy was capturing or defending.

Chrange

Banned
Cohsae said:
Saw a guy using it to dominate while playing headquarters. He'd just target the hq while the enemy was capturing or defending.

Favela, if you start up top just target the vehicle on the corner, wait a second or two, then fire at it. I got four people with one Javelin that way :lol

tsigo

I got my first ever XBL flame message tonight after a pretty lame Ground War Domination game. I was using a Noob Tube/RPG/Claymore/Scavenger/Danger Close setup which even I think is lame, but it's kind of necessary to do some of the dumb challenges like get a double kill with the RPG x number of times.

When 1887 akimbo complaints started coming into this thread, I hadn't really seen them. But now (as the games been out longer I guess) they're EVERYWHERE. :(

J-Rzez

SmokeMaxX said:
You joking or you serious? I personally hate how every AR in the game can kill you in three zero-recoil bullets, giving them versatility in literally every range outside of melee. The system is broken. Because most people fire Akimbo 1887s at the same time, there's more than enough time to kill the person if they miss and you're on your game. I don't like the way the game works, but if they're going to make it so easy to kill someone ANYWAY, then the Akimbo model 1887s are balanced well enough.

I'm surprised more people don't complain about getting one burst killed from the FAMAS/M16 at short, medium, and long range. ARs in this game basically make every other weapon type useless. They have excellent bullet penetration esp. with FMJ. They do just as well as SMGs in close quarters and equally as well as snipers in long quarters. There's no balance. ARs rule this game.

That's because it's believable most of the time to die when taking 3 5.56 rounds in succession to the chest. What's unbelievable, like you touched on, is the range + accuracy of them. Especially now that people are catching onto using thermal on them, why bother having sniper rifles in the game?

Akimbo anything is annoying as fuck in the game. It's just totally out of place, even for a CoD game. The balancing issues is that the majority of the maps has people in the insta-gib zone of those things nearly at all times.

Then you have the lightweight, marathon, commando guys with the tactical knife problem as well as the danger close guys with their stuff.

Balancing is just out the door with this game due to all of that, along with the poor map design. And to those all here saying "FIX THIS IW", good luck on that one.

Cohsae

roosters93 said:
When 1887 akimbo complaints started coming into this thread, I hadn't really seen them. But now (as the games been out longer I guess) they're EVERYWHERE. :(
Yeah they are really starting to catch on unfortunately.

LiK

NG28 said:
sorry to gloat but i gotta tell someone this, went 69-5 on HQ and ended with nuke, craziest shit I've ever done

i was the lowest lvl (12) but i had the top score today in one game. very satisfying :D

.nimrod

Papercuts said:
Maybe if missing actually meant you died. They have a stupid amount of range considering they're SHOTGUNS. There's also close range encounters where if they somehow managed to miss they can still grow a third arm and knife you.

you can't knife during that animation after every shot

chapel

Banned
Eric WK said:
If they don't fix the range on Akimbo Model's I'll never buy an Infinity Ward product again. Fix your fucking game.
They are insane. I hadn't touched them until now when I get 69lvl first prestige and they just feel like I am cheating.

Tokubetsu and I are sporting the [KMBO] clantag and it just feels wrong to run with the Akimbo model 1887's.

I second Eric's sentiment and vow to never buy another Infinity Ward game again unless they fix the range of the Model 1887s.

They also need to fix the car package smoke grenade exploit, Eric and I played against a group of guys that were just running around like that. Was severely annoying. They are hard to shoot and their range is just crazy with their speed.

roosters93 said:

Yeah getting them in nearly every match now, starting to get a bit upset with the cheapness as I just can't lower myself to it, hoping these get nerfed haaaaard.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
.nimrod said:
you can't knife during that animation after every shot

While that's true, the akimbo shotties already reload faster than they really should. And I'd still say you shouldn't be able to knife AT ALL with akimbo due to the fact there's no free hand to knife with.

kuYuri

chapel said:
They are insane. I hadn't touched them until now when I get 69lvl first prestige and they just feel like I am cheating.

Tokubetsu and I are sporting the [KMBO] clantag and it just feels wrong to run with the Akimbo model 1887's.

I second Eric's sentiment and vow to never buy another Infinity Ward game again unless they fix the range of the Model 1887s.

They also need to fix the car package smoke grenade exploit, Eric and I played against a group of guys that were just running around like that. Was severely annoying. They are hard to shoot and their range is just crazy with their speed.

Explanation?

Xevren

Papercuts said:
While that's true, the akimbo shotties already reload faster than they really should. And I'd still say you shouldn't be able to knife AT ALL with akimbo due to the fact there's no free hand to knife with.

This really. Some changes really need to be done for this akimbo crap going on. The 1887's are just beyond stupid.

Papercuts said:

Who wants to take bets on IW adding tactical knife attachment to the akimbo's? :lol

If you have the care package smoke grenade in your hand you strafe extremly quickly when going over gaps meaning you can get to places you normally wouldn't be able to >.>

Papercuts said:
...how does this even get by? Wouldn't IW specifically have to make it so you ran faster than normal with the care package mark? Or is it something to do with lightweight?

God only knows, just a bit of dodgy programming is all I can attribute it to.

chapel

Banned
Papercuts said:
...how does this even get by? Wouldn't IW specifically have to make it so you ran faster than normal with the care package mark? Or is it something to do with lightweight?
To be honest I don't know why. It seems obvious that it would have been found in testing, sadly IW opted to not have an open beta. Looks like they really should have. COD4 really improved from peoples experiences in the beta, I really don't see how a beta wouldn't have helped this game.

Bamihap

Good at being the bigger man
I hate it when people use snipers as shotguns.. Just running around and shooting people without aiming down the scope. STUPID

I gotta say that it's infinitely more enjoyable to be blasted away by Akimbo Model 1887's than it is to be pelted down by paired P90 peashooters.

It's a man's weapon.

Why did I have to prestige? :(

Got a care package yesterday on Intel. I usually get UAVs, Counter-UAVs and Ammo resupply. The fucking helicopter throw the package on some high crossover of two house I couldn't get to. Looked up again, AC-130 in the package in a loosing game.

fuuuuuuuu.jpg

Just wanted to clarify something, if you get a care package then get killed before using it when you do use it when you respawn is it always an ammo package?

I swear it always seems to be for me 99.9% of the time.

KAOz

Short bus special
Fuck Snatch & Grab on Veteran. Fuck it sooooooooo hard. I hate it.
The whole thing is pisseasy until after you got the intel, and are holing up for a little bit in the slopey-plane. Then the Juggernaut comes around and we diiiiiiiie.

RAGE!

borsdy

Banned
xDangerboy said:
clans wont have any fun if they actually have to play another clan of the same skill level.

hence why mw2 is so fun for most people. people love to play scrubs
you are correct, xbox live in general is full of pub allstars :/

Papercuts said:

I would think they did it so that when people got a care package, they would quickly be able to remove themselves from the fight in order to call it in. However, I'm guessing that they didnt anticipate people not bothering to call it in at all and instead to just use it as a dose of steroids. Public beta would have shown that abuse very quickly, considering that it's commonplace what, 2 weeks into the game, so somebody probably found it within the first day or two and its been spreading virally since, much like the tac knife/1887 runner class. Hell, the tac knife runner class is the default SMG class, so somebody could very well have discovered the exploit in their first game online if they got a 4 kill streak....

Irrelevant holding the care package marker makes running around knifing people useless against good players. They have nothing to bust out in case someone actually sees them and isn't slow kids at play.

Now if it lets people get to some crazy places they shouldn't be then that could be a problem.

Top Bottom