• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

jedimike

OldJadedGamer said:
Wow, all this complaining about double shottys and knife runners must *only* be regular TDM since in Hardcore I haven't seen this at all.

I see it in hardcore, but the players just aren't as successful as they are in standard TDM. It takes 3 rounds from an AR to bring someone down in hardcore vice a full clip in standard so double shotties only win if they have a jump on you.

In TDM, you can have a huge jump on double 1887's and still lose.

If you all want to send IW a message about the broken TDM, play hardcore.

Mileena

Banned
Dax01 said:
M16>Famas. If I had to choose when facing a room full of people at once, it'd be the M16. I feel with the M16 I have a better chance of taking a lot more people out in a shorter amount of time.

Though,

I'm trying to speed rush to level 70 so I can prestige. I only prestiged twice in CoD4, and that's probably all I'm going to do in MW2. The reason being is so I have an excuse to use other guns I wouldn't otherwise use now (with all the best weapons unlocked). Though, when I started playing, I felt like I wasn't going to prestige, so who knows: I might prestige again.
That symbol is so ugly though. I'll probably keep going till 8th prestige because that symbol looks the best out of all of them.

OldJadedGamer said:
Wow, all this complaining about double shottys and knife runners must *only* be regular TDM since in Hardcore I haven't seen this at all.
Same here. Hardcore TDM is completely void of that junk. I've never even seen dual shotguns in this game, though I'm assuming if I played regular TDM I would.

corkscrewblow said:
That symbol is so ugly though. I'll probably keep going till 8th prestige because that symbol looks the best out of all of them.
Eh. Symbol doesn't really matter to me. Hell, I don't even know what the symbol looks like.

Mileena

Banned
Dax01 said:
Eh. Symbol doesn't really matter to me. Hell, I don't even know what the symbol looks like.
Why prestige at all then? I mean, if you're going to do it you might as well keep doing it till you find an awesome symbol you like.

2506qyt.jpg

345zgup.jpg

8th is my favorite but there's a possibility I'd stop at 5 because starting over sucks.

Dabanton

OldJadedGamer said:

Same here i've been strictly hardcore the last few days such a change of pace and i did find i was even more better when i had a few games of Ground War earlier.

Hardcore teaching me a bit of patience.

corkscrewblow said:
Why prestige at all then? I mean, if you're going to do it you might as well keep doing it till you find an awesome symbol you like.

http://i37.tinypic.com/2506qyt.jpg[/IM
[IMG]http://i34.tinypic.com/345zgup.jpg[/IM

8th is my favorite but there's a possibility I'd stop at 5 because starting over sucks.[/QUOTE]
I already [url=http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18678531&postcount=13251]explained[/url], silly.:lol

[quote=Dax01]The reason being is so I have an excuse to use other guns I wouldn't otherwise use now (with all the best weapons unlocked).[/quote]

Going through on my first time, I never used a lot of the weapons that you unlock.

Eh, the symbol looks all right to me.

Mileena

Banned
Valid reason. I already tried everything out a decent amount of time except the last two snipers and the horrible AR you get after the ACR. I never prestiged in MW1 because the golden deagle was so sexy but now everyone just uses a shotgun as their secondary so that reason is gone.

My problem with saying go hardcore if you don't want mad knifers and double shotgunners is that I like the radar system that hardcore does away with (for the most part).

Minamu

Does anyone know if it's impossible to sprint more than 1 mile with marathon/lightweight per match? I can't seem to get any more than that to register :( I just sprinted in circles around Derail in a HC TDM match for 10 minutes, almost non-stop except for when I shot someone or died, and it still wouldn't register more than 1 mile...

Sidenote: I got 8 kills in those 10 minutes & I was the best one on my team, statswise, going out of my way not to get shot. Derail = camperfest & a sniper's paradise! :lol

todahawk

just updated my post in the online matchup thread but I'll post my info here as well, hate playing by my lonesome on PSN with pubbies.

Format: PS3 | todahawk | greenjerk | dom/DM/HQ/anything really... | EST (Ohio) ... I have and use a headset!

Besides MP regulars (i'm level 34 IIRC) I'm looking for some Spec Ops help. I have about 21 stars and just opened up Delta. I have a handful of 2 stars but need a fair amount of help.

Got my first nuke today! Played my stealth build on Wasteland w/HBS. Harrier -> Chopper -> Nuke. Feels good.

And when will IW fix the care package glitch? I had to quit out of a couple games today because they went like this:

Enemy care package incoming!
Enemy Hind incoming!
Enemy predator missile incoming!
Enemy jamming our radar!
Enemy UAV spotted!
Enemy predator missile incoming!
Enemy AC-130 incoming!

...that glitch needs to be fixed ASAP.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Minamu said:
Does anyone know if it's impossible to sprint more than 1 mile with marathon/lightweight per match? I can't seem to get any more than that to register :( I just sprinted in circles around Derail in a HC TDM match for 10 minutes, almost non-stop except for when I shot someone or died, and it still wouldn't register more than 1 mile...

Sidenote: I got 8 kills in those 10 minutes & I was the best one on my team, statswise, going out of my way not to get shot. Derail = camperfest & a sniper's paradise! :lol
I thought it was just me!

It only does one mile a match apparently :/

LittleTokyo said:
My problem with saying go hardcore if you don't want mad knifers and double shotgunners is that I like the radar system that hardcore does away with (for the most part).
That's the reason I like hardcore. Getting killed because you appeared on radar sucks.

LittleTokyo said:

It's nice because it actually has a meaning to earning the UAV and what a disappointment it is when the enemy team shoots it down. Too many people IMO use the killcam and constant radar as a crutch. While this is great for newer players or people who aren't that skilled in the game yet but as you rank up and you play for longer... there really isn't a reason to keep using those crutches. But that's just me. I'm a Hardcore only guy.

I've found camping to be a lot worse on Hardcore modes because there is no radar or killcam. To me, that experience is much worse than having to deal with knifers and akimbos.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Seen tons of people using the Pineapple Express title this weekend; seems like it's even more popular than Joint Ops now. Also saw "So Baked" today — how many of these things are there? :lol

Also, precision airstrikes are fucking useless. I've gotten a bunch of them in care packages and I don't think they've ever gotten me a kill.

CartridgeBlower said:
I've found camping to be a lot worse on Hardcore modes because there is no radar or killcam. To me, that experience is much worse than having to deal with knifers and akimbos.

If you know the map, you'll know where to look for campers. Actually it's super easy to kill campers because they don't have their radar to protect them and you can sneak up and easily knife them. I pop up on campers constantly. It's really a noob strategy and gets you no where. If you pay attention to your surroundings, you'll know where you got killed from.

vatstep said:
Also, precision airstrikes are fucking useless. I've gotten a bunch of them in care packages and I don't think they've ever gotten me a kill.

This is truth. I don't understand why it's a 6-kill bonus. It's only useful on Domination to bomb the enemy flags, and even then it's mostly pointless. Harriers are a thousand times better and only require one more kill.

Hardcore all the way, it is incredibly frustrating to empty the whole clip and don't kill someone + kill cam. I switched to HQ HC the moment I could and haven't looked back. No campers there, although I got my first cheater today on Steam/PC = 53/0 + nuke, was killing everyone on the whole map.

Really, Hardcore is the way to go.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
vatstep said:

Im going to have to agree, I think i was able to kill 3 people once with it then just about every other time zero kills and i even wait for a UAV before i use it so im not aiming blindly.

NIN90

Castor Krieg said:
Hardcore all the way, it is incredibly frustrating to empty the whole clip and don't kill someone + kill cam. I switched to HQ HC the moment I could and haven't looked back. No campers there, although I got my first cheater today on Steam/PC = 53/0 + nuke, was killing everyone on the whole map.

I don't think it's the game's fault if you need a whole clip to kill someone. Especially with mouse + keyboard.

Mileena

Banned
Castor Krieg said:

If you empty a whole clip and don't kill someone you just fucking suck. Straight up.
I'm using the SCAR and normal TDM it takes 3-4 bullets to kill.

Robot 492

Banned
Why the fuck do 12 year old kids have mics? And why the fuck do they feel the need to play their shitty music and sing to the rest of us? ugh..

On the bright side, I just had three of my best games ever in Headquarters :)

Stillmatic

My patience is running thin with this game. I've racked up 3days 22hours of game time so i obviously love most aspects of it, but the PS3 version is broken.

Ever since the 1.04 update on average every 6th or 7th game i search for the game freezes and locks up the console. What makes it worse is that i feel like all i do is search for games, i get into a game and my connection is red or yellow and i leave to repeat the process, or it freezes again.

Has IW acknowledged any of the matchmaking or freezing issues? I'd love to know they're working on a fix, but i'm doubting it.

Stillmatic said:
My patience is running thin with this game. I've racked up 3days 22hours of game time so i obviously love most aspects of it, but the PS3 version is broken.

Ever since the 1.04 update on average every 6th or 7th game i search for the game freezes and locks up the console. What makes it worse is that i feel like all i do is search for games, i get into a game and my connection is red or yellow and i leave to repeat the process, or it freezes again.

Has IW acknowledged any of the matchmaking or freezing issues? I'd love to know they're working on a fix, but i'm doubting it.

i think they are under the impression that once the game ships, that swimming in money is much more important than supporting it

Maximus.

EazyB said:
I'm glad I didn't pay $60 for this beta. Fix your shit IW, the game's an unbalanced clusterfuck.

maybe if you played the game instead of reading about people complaining, you could judge games better.

Recently ive been leveling up the SCAR, pretty good gun, but i like the M4A1 so much. The M16 is ok, but im not a fan of just 3 shot bursts. Im waiting to see how the ACR will be. I was leveling up Bling, thinking Bling Pro would give me another attachment, but i was wrong :/

It sucks how the lag sometimes leads me to getting killed and rewatching the kill cam it shows that i wasnt even aiming, when on my screen i already let off a few shots, but i guess its there so everyone is balanced out, instead of having 1 or 2 completely lagged out.

Mileena

Banned
nskinnear said:
Why the fuck do 12 year old kids have mics? And why the fuck do they feel the need to play their shitty music and sing to the rest of us? ugh..

On the bright side, I just had three of my best games ever in Headquarters :)
I seriously have a 14 year old kid rapping shitty songs in a third of the rooms I join.

KAOz

Short bus special
Lionheart1827 said:
Are you doing it solo or co op?

It is very hard but the most important thing is take it slow. Heres a quick explanation on the best way(for me and my bud). Unless you are trying to get an incredible time or beat IW's time(which are all fucking insane times), take your time on this one. Theres usually always a juggernaut straight away in the beginning so take that bastard out with your interventions. I recommend sticking with your regular weapons. Save your sniper ammo for the sloped plane part. Once you get to the first checkpoint marker where you grab the intel, dont grab it yet and just do a quick sweep around the back area first to check to see if any guys will pop behind you. After that kill a bunch of the far off snipers and noob tube some of the guys in the front but DO NOT jump out of the plane yet. After you kill about 6 or 7 guys get ready because a jug will come behind you. Once you take that bastard out, clear out some more guys so that the right flank is open, there will be a plane fuselage enclosed, go there and stick there until all of the guys in sight are eliminated. Slowly take out guys in your view and keep an ear out for another jugger naut. Then when you think you're ready run up the hill over the road and take out the rest, and youll finish it.

The worst luck you can have is a juggernaut will be waiting right below you when you jump out of the slope plane. The rest is cake as long as you take it slow.

Thanks for the tips. Me and my girlfriend managed to do it, and afterwards, it didn't feel THAT hard really. :lol But, glad that shit is over.

Now we just got Homeland Security left, then I think I will give Spec-Ops a little rest for a while. At least on Veteran.

Mileena

Banned
OldJadedGamer said:
Friends only chat option is the best thing since MS allowed IW to break party chat.
But I play search and destroy quite a bit so I kind of need to be able to talk to randoms. It sucks :/

KAOz said:
Thanks for the tips. Me and my girlfriend managed to do it, and afterwards, it didn't feel THAT hard really. :lol But, glad that shit is over.

Now we just got Homeland Security left, then I think I will give Spec-Ops a little rest for a while. At least on Veteran.

Haha get a good rest because Echo is a whore. :lol

No_Style

Did anyone finished High Explosive without the use of tricks? My bro and I were stuck on that level for awhile, but we stumbled across the
use downed body as a barrier trick
only to find out that it was posted on Youtube already. We were laughing and congratulating each other after exploiting the hell out of that :lol

Also, IW should forget about their single player campaigns and stuff the next MW game with Spec Ops scenarios.

Robot 492

Banned
corkscrewblow said:
I seriously have a 14 year old kid rapping shitty songs in a third of the rooms I join.
Yeah, it sucks.

Just like the matchmaking. I just got thrown in a random game of HQ. The other team had three people on 1st prestige and three people on 2nd prestige. Including me, we only had 4 players. So it was 6v4 and they were winning like 180-0. Screw that.

No_Style said:
Did anyone finished High Explosive without the use of tricks? My bro and I were stuck on that level for awhile, but we stumbled across the
use downed body as a barrier trick
only to find out that it was posted on Youtube already. We were laughing and congratulating each other after exploiting the hell out of that :lol

Also, IW should forget about their single player campaigns and stuff the next MW game with Spec Ops scenarios.

I did it on hardened but me and my bud got really frustrated in constant attempts on vet. We got em down to 3 left. The key is to get them to bunch up, but if they split up its really easy to get pincer fucked.

No_Style

Lionheart1827 said:
I did it on hardened but me and my bud got really frustrated in constant attempts on vet. We got em down to 3 left. The key is to get them to bunch up, but if they split up its really easy to get pincer fucked.

We made it to the half way mark once when they bunched up. We got frustrated and began experimenting with some tactics and eventually used the trick.

However, I think the most frustrating thing about that mission was discovering that the Thumper and RPGs can bounce off surfaces and not explode wasting valuable seconds. It really sucks to also see an Thumper round disappear into a wall and do nothing. :(

Minamu

DMeisterJ said:
I thought it was just me!

It only does one mile a match apparently :/
It certainly seems like it :( And you need to sprint 250 freaking miles to complete Lightweight >_< Some dude on gamefaqs said he managed to get 2-3 miles per match but I dunno if he's just making stuff up or not... Sabotage might be a good mode if you wanna sprint farm. Gonna try it tomorrow.

Mikey Jr.

Anyone else find that the iron sights for the scar are best? I equipped a holo on it, and after a while, I just went back to my scar/silencer combo. Just feels the best.

But I wanna get rid of the silencer though eventually. It is really fucking up my range and I am a long distance fighter. Not sure what to replace it with though. FMJ?

Robot 492

Banned
Mikey Jr. said:
Anyone else find that the iron sights for the scar are best? I equipped a holo on it, and after a while, I just went back to my scar/silencer combo. Just feels the best.

But I wanna get rid of the silencer though eventually. It is really fucking up my range and I am a long distance fighter. Not sure what to replace it with though. FMJ?
Yeah, I find myself doing a lot better with the iron sights than with the red dot or holo. I have FMJ equipped right now and it's great.

Top Bottom