• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

beast786

quick question?

After you achieve a pro perk. Is there a way to go back to the orignal for example i wanna use hardline as a perk not hardline pro?

Nelo Ice

Banned
beast786 said:
quick question?

After you achieve a pro perk. Is there a way to go back to the orignal for example i wanna use hardline as a perk not hardline pro?

why would u wanna go back to the original?
once u get a pro perk u get the original perks benefit+the pro benefit

Nelo Ice said:
i dont kno why but im tempted to prestige for some reason :lol

i think im going to after i complete the nuke challenges

You should. You get more challenges once you do plus custom slots, titles and emblems. If thats what you want, then damn go for it. It just sucks if you like the AK and those akimbo noob guns.

Robot 492

Banned
Metalic Sand said:
Yea matchmaking being fixed would be nice. Rarely play with friends now because we just get booted from each other.
I love joining games where the other team is all 2nd prestige and we're all ~rank 30. How does that shit even happen?

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
nskinnear said:
I love joining games where the other team is all 2nd prestige and we're all ~rank 30. How does that shit even happen?

Whats even better is when you try to matchmake Team deathmatch with some friends, Then youre thrown into another game AND gametype. Like wtf!

Recently matchmaked Team DM only to be tossed into headquarters or domination. I was so confused as to what was going on.

rjcc

Metalic Sand said:
Whats even better is when you try to matchmake Team deathmatch with some friends, Then youre thrown into another game AND gametype. Like wtf!

Recently matchmaked Team DM only to be tossed into headquarters or domination. I was so confused as to what was going on.

turn off party chat and stop going into ground war

Nelo Ice

Banned
Lionheart1827 said:
You should. You get more challenges once you do plus custom slots, titles and emblems. If thats what you want, then damn go for it. It just sucks if you like the AK and those akimbo noob guns.

im using akimbo atm in my attempt to get my 5th nuke...:lol
i got my other 4 nukes without them ok!

edit:i ment without :lol

Mileena

Banned
Man whoever suggested UMP for the SCAR users was so right. I had no idea this thing has the range it does. Two shot bursts at distance and it's a monster. Definitely suits my playing style better too since I was one of the P90 only whores in CoD4.

tsigo

Ok someone's gonna have to explain this one to me. I joined a Ground War Domination mid-game, and the other team had 5 guys, all from the same clan, and all they were doing was running around with this build: Marathon, Danger Close, Commando, with Javelins. They weren't firing the javelins, they were knifing people, but if you killed them, the Javelins instantly fired and killed everyone in the vicinity.

Jeez, the people I was playing with today and yesterday on the PS3 version were so freaking good. We played Domination the whole time, and I saw a total of 12 nukes all called in by my teammates. :)

I'm going to be playing with these guys often.

VaLiancY

corkscrewblow said:
Man whoever suggested UMP for the SCAR users was so right. I had no idea this thing has the range it does. Two shot bursts at distance and it's a monster. Definitely suits my playing style better too since I was one of the P90 only whores in CoD4.

The UMP feels like the spiritual successor to CoD4's MP5.

What a shitty night it's been so far.

Played three matches where the enemies would not stop camping, making the fights a literal waiting game. We were winning all of them, but it was boring as hell. Next up was a match where the enemies somehow spawn camped my team, which I didn't think was really possible in the game (outside of some bad luck). The game refused to respawn us anywhere outside of this small area of the map, so every time we came back to life, an enemy was waiting for us. Lastly, I was thrown into a match where I immediately got killed, and found out it was the game winning kill.

:(

Mileena

Banned
VaLiancY said:
It's good but it's not THAT good. M16 aside, MP5 was the best gun in CoD4. People who played on PC know what I'm talking about.

J-Rzez

I know you guys at IW read this board obviously. FFS, at least get rid of all those boosters on top of the leader boards. One guy is level 30 something on 10th prestige after 5 days of game time.

And once again, that's the trade off with the ACR is it's stopping power for it's precision. Gun is great. If it takes one or two more bullets, so be it. I love my ACR.

And what is up with the FN2000 "op" callers? That rifle is utter shit in the game. Fires so fast, you need scavenger pro/extended mags to be effective since it just sprays everywhere.

VaLiancY said:

It should, as it is in real life as well. Was to suit the needs for people wanting harder hitting rounds (.45acp), especially since H&K phased out the 10mm MP5.

Thermite

tsigo said:
Ok someone's gonna have to explain this one to me. I joined a Ground War Domination mid-game, and the other team had 5 guys, all from the same clan, and all they were doing was running around with this build: Marathon, Danger Close, Commando, with Javelins. They weren't firing the javelins, they were knifing people, but if you killed them, the Javelins instantly fired and killed everyone in the vicinity.

:lol WHAT?!

tsigo said:
You sure they weren't droping grenades off martyrdom?

I unlocked the mad man tag tonight, think I'll use it for a while to replace my ninja. I need to work on getting some interesting emblems, I'm just using the boring copycat one =/

Nelo Ice

Banned
Domino Theory said:
Ugh, the SCAR has virtually no ammo without Scavenger. :(

I really want to use Bling for the SCAR, but damn...

to work around that i use an aug with one man army along with hardline and and ninja
then once i run out of ammo or see a enemy uav pop up i switch to my stealth class with a blinged scar
using this strat has gotten me at least 1 one of my nukes :D

f3niks

FutureZombie said:
I honestly think scrambler does more harm than good. Ninja is better, imo.
Thank you. Scrambler just lets someone know to slow it down a bit because someone is DEFINITELY nearby.

shintoki said:
Is the PS3 version up to stuff? Was MP fixed also with it, Or should I just stick with 360?

PS3 works nicely now, partys work, invites work (matchmaking can still be a tad lame tho here and there)

Played for about 4 hours last night and only came across 2 akimbo shotgun users thank god, one of them was someone on my friend list who I suddenly feel like deleting...

Also im only 15 levels from prestiging!

tsigo

Orangepeel said:
You sure they weren't droping grenades off martyrdom?

I unlocked the mad man tag tonight, think I'll use it for a while to replace my ninja. I need to work on getting some interesting emblems, I'm just using the boring copycat one =/

What I said happened is 100% without a doubt what happened. The kill feed showed Javelins, I watched multiple kill cams of this happening. They die, a Javelin starts to go off and then explodes.

VaLiancY

The ACR can kiss my backside. I'm all about the UMP and SCAR for my killing and sometimes the FAL when the lag doesn't creep over me like a disease.

I forgot to add Javelin + Danger Close on Highrise makes me happy.

The tactical knife is really my favorite addition to MW2. I can go whole matches not even firing a SINGLE bullet on maps like Favela, Highrise, Skidrow. and Underpass. It's making it incredibly hard to complete the gun challenges when 80% of my kills are knifes.

There is absolutely NOTHING more satisfying than clearing a whole room/bunker of people in Underpass/Afghan with only a Tactical Knife. Multiple times per match even. SOOO GOOD:D

So apparently there's a glitch in Afghan that allows you to go inside a rock. I just played a team where multiple people would hide there. You can still shoot them though, the AA-12 made quick work of them.

Tkawsome said:
So apparently there's a glitch in Afghan that allows you to go inside a rock. I just played a team where multiple people would hide there. You can still shoot them though, the AA-12 made quick work of them.

I played a team trying the same thing and I would repeatedly get 5 Tac knife kills in a row on them until one guy made it in, and I had no idea how to shoot him. I eventually gave up while the rest of my team decided it was a good idea to keep running in his direction, and aid him to be 24-0. :/

J-Rzez said:
I know you guys at IW read this board obviously. FFS, at least get rid of all those boosters on top of the leader boards. One guy is level 30 something on 10th prestige after 5 days of game time.

You know its bad when theres a fucking gamertag with BOOSTING in the top of the leaderboards for the 360 score. Fucking disgusting noobs. They would probably get trounced in a real game.

Net_Wrecker said:
I played a team trying the same thing and I would repeatedly get 5 Tac knife kills in a row on them until one guy made it in, and I had no idea how to shoot him. I eventually gave up while the rest of my team decided it was a good idea to keep running in his direction, and aid him to be 24-0. :/

All you really had to do was nade or rocket his ass. I dont see the fun in glitching, fuckin douchebags.

Net_Wrecker said:

I just shotgunned the hell out of that rock. I killed about three people in there that way (at the same time). After that I just sniped them at the entrance as they tried to go back to the rock.

VaLiancY

So the Tactical Knife cuts the knife animation time in half? Hmmm, seems some what average but I'm sure it's useful in one of those ninja builds.

And what's this bullshit on Terminal with Riot Sheilders sitting between the elevators?

Lionheart1827 said:
All you really had to do was nade or rocket his ass. I dont see the fun in glitching, fuckin douchebags.

That's it? I'll know next time. There's nothing that pisses me off more than glitching. I swear if he got a nuke I would've quit, and elbow dropped my 360 before he even got to launch it.

VaLiancY said:
So the Tactical Knife cuts the knife animation time in half? Hmmm, seems some what average but I'm sure it's useful in one of those ninja builds.

Have you not tried it yet? It's in the default class y'know. The quick animation mixed with Lightweight, Marathon, and Commando drives people crazy. I literally run circles around the buildings in Favela just mowing down teams until one random person stops me.

bdouble

Just unlocked the ACR and damn. I like it. Feels like the G36. Now all I need is double tap :(.
Iron sights on it are ace and it just looks cool. Don't fee like it has a disadvantage in power either. Oh and got my first ac130 (really streaky player and I have a .86) and that thing sucks. Always reloading and what not.

VaLiancY

Net_Wrecker said:
Have you not tried it yet? It's in the default class y'know. The quick animation mixed with Lightweight, Marathon, and Commando drives people crazy. I literally run circles around the buildings in Favela just mowing down teams until one random person stops me.

I get enough hate messages already my Lightweight, Marathon, and Commando with Dual Rangers and Grenade Launcher + Danger Close classes. :lol I'll give it a try if it's anything like the rush down class, I just need UAVs up constantly.

Nelo Ice

Banned
just encountered my first afghan glitcher and wasted my time trying to kill him since all he did was camped and found stupid spots:lol

now ive switched my callsign signaling im going to nuke muhahaha

Cohsae

I'm sick of the system where MVP is ranked based purely on points gained, not on K-D ratio. It makes sense to use the points system to rank people in modes with objectives I think, but in DM it's stupid. I could kick arse and go 50-5 and be beaten by some chump who gets 55-60 or something. They did not contribute more than me.

Top Bottom