• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
X26 said:
Mercenary HQ Pro
Mercenary Domination
Mercenary S&D

Do it IW

Mercenary Demolition too!! I dont see why not add more mercenary into the playlist considering there's already hundred of thousands playing the game. A few hundred into a certain game mode is a success already

todahawk

divisionbyzorro said:
Just a Mercenary Grab Bag would be good. A Merc variant on every playlist would dilute the playlists too much.

Actually, this would be awesome... and easier for IW to dump into the playlist.

divisionbyzorro said:
Just a Mercenary Grab Bag would be good. A Merc variant on every playlist would dilute the playlists too much.

Yeah, Merc Pit would be a good idea -- HQ and Sabotage get kinda lame when you're a single player trying to get something done.

Do any of you guys have an aggressive playstyle (>100kph) and a K/D of >1.5? I literally can't play defensively in any FPS, but it seems to be a prerequisite of having a high K/D in MW2.

MidnightRider said:
well............

Thanksgiving Holiday
Previous playtime: 1 day 17 hours 24 Mins
Following Thanksgiving weekend: 3 Days 2 hours 13 mins

:lol :lol :lol :lol

BTW, this is awesome. I assume you've hit your first prestige at this point.
I gave my lvl 70 friends all the grief I could over the weekend and -BOOM- by Sunday they were all prestiged.

diehard

Fleer
Internet Celebrity said:
Do any of you guys have an aggressive playstyle (>100kph) and a K/D of >1.5? I literally can't play defensively in any FPS, but it seems to be a prerequisite of having a high K/D in MW2.
I play extremely aggressive most of the time and have a K/D of 2.04

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Internet Celebrity said:

You have to remember that aggressive players can string together killstreaks faster, and the uber killstreaks are what really skews the kill/death ratio.

I don't have >1.5 right now, mostly because I was absolutely terrible when starting out, but now that I get more Chopper Gunners and AC-130s, my ratio can make a big jump after a single game.

Penny Arcade strikes again:

725404532_HhdVE-L.jpg

Misterinenja said:
ACR is OMGWTF good. :0
I unlocked the ACR several hundred kills ago but can't seem to let go of the M16. Some people don't appreciate this rifle, but I think it's the best in the game. I've had far more kills with this than I did with the SCAR.

X26

Banned
I've gotten ~300 kills with the m16 and it's great but luckily it doesn't seems nearly as dominant as it was in cod4. I ignored the famas early on and am just using it not for chalenges so I can level faster and I think I might even prefer it over the m16. Not as much damage but it seems to fire faster and I love the sound it makes :lol

divisionbyzorro said:
Penny Arcade strikes again:

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz206/divisionbyzorro/725404532_HhdVE-L.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

:lol I don't even like Penny Arcade and that's pretty funny. Double-Ranger or Double-1887 dude is a Double-Douchebag. :lol

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
DeuceMojo said:
I unlocked the ACR several hundred kills ago but can't seem to let go of the M16. Some people don't appreciate this rifle, but I think it's the best in the game. I've had far more kills with this than I did with the SCAR.

Didn't testing show that it's actually almost the exact same as the FAMAS? Same shots to kill and stuff?

Hawk SE

Killstreaks Talk

Should I go for the Tactical Nuke as my next unlock?

Current setup: Predator Missle > Harrier Strike > Chopper Gunner
- This nets me kills above 25, up to about 35 kills (most times in a streak - highest streak: 28)

Hawk xSx said:
Killstreaks Talk

Should I go for the Tactical Nuke as my next unlock?

Current setup: Predator Missle > Harrier Strike > Chopper Gunner
- This nets me kills above 25, up to about 35 kills (most times in a streak - highest streak: 28)

At this point it really doesnt matter what you unlock, since you already have the optimal kill streak setup. Only reason to unlock the nuke would be to try and chase getting one, but quite frankly I'd rather not bother and just have that extra momentum from the predator missile in my streak, since it's easier to hit 5 than 7.

GuardianE said:
Didn't testing show that it's actually almost the exact same as the FAMAS? Same shots to kill and stuff?
I haven't looked at the tests. I've wondered how the FAMAS does stacked up to the M-16 and I wouldn't doubt it being about the same -- it's the same cartridge and fire rate and whatever. In "real life" I'd expect that bullpup design to be somewhat less accurate than the standard AR design of the M16, with its longer barrel.

That and the skill of the French operator. :lol

Hawk SE

Pyke Presco said:
At this point it really doesnt matter what you unlock, since you already have the optimal kill streak setup. Only reason to unlock the nuke would be to try and chase getting one, but quite frankly I'd rather not bother and just have that extra momentum from the predator missile in my streak, since it's easier to hit 5 than 7.

Yeah I'd have to drop Predator Missle, hope to get a 7 Killstreak. Then Harrier Strike would get me to Chopper Gunner. Hoping I can squeak out 14 kills out of being the Chopper Gunner.

Hawk xSx said:
Yeah I'd have to drop Predator Missle, hope to get a 7 Killstreak. Then Harrier Strike would get me to Chopper Gunner. Hoping I can squeak out 14 kills out of being the Chopper Gunner.

I've gotten one nuke so far with that setup. Just make sure that you can get to a good hiding spot, and don't start the Chopper Gunner until the Harrier is gone (you don't want your bonuses cannibalizing each other).

Yeah, why change a thing?

Chopper Gunner is the best award in the game, IMO, although the AC-130 is harder to kill. I had a good laugh last night when I shot down this dude's chopper gunner. Dang, that's gotta make you mad. :lol

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
DeuceMojo said:

Chopper Gunner is the best award in the game, IMO, although the AC-130 is harder to kill. I had a good laugh last night when I shot down this dude's chopper gunner. Dang, that's gotta make you mad. :lol

I imagine that if you're good enough with the Chopper Gunner, you're going to be very difficult to shoot down, depending on the map. As long as you keep track of the people respawning and target those people who are just standing still (since they might be aiming a launcher at you), you can kill/stun them so quickly that they hardly have a chance.

Even if they manage to get the missile off, if you kill them before it hits, the missile disappears. The biggest mistake I've seen people make is to not check all around the map for potential launchers. It's very easy to see and target Cold Blooded people, too.

DeuceMojo said:

I might suggest building your streaks to end in EAD rather than Chopper Gunner. It'll give you more variety and lets you put more things into the air. Once I get tired of going for nukes and earn my next KS unlock, I plan to roll with either UAV-Predator-EAD, or Crate-Predator-EAD.

Internet Celebrity said:

All I do is rush and my Kill to Death ratio is exactly 1.50. Ive been playing like this since cod 4, but I always rush down whatever path the enemy is furthest from and then come up behind all of them. I get so many kills doing this. Only bad thing is when they have one guy camping the ways im trying to rush...pisses me off.

Yeef

divisionbyzorro said:
I might suggest building your streaks to end in EAD rather than Chopper Gunner. It'll give you more variety and lets you put more things into the air. Once I get tired of going for nukes and earn my next KS unlock, I plan to roll with either UAV-Predator-EAD, or Crate-Predator-EAD.
That's what I've been using and it works out great. The only annoying thing is that on most maps at least one crate from the EAD gets stuck somewhere inaccessible.

diehard

Fleer
Yeef said:
That's what I've been using and it works out great. The only annoying thing is that on most maps at least one crate from the EAD gets stuck somewhere inaccessible.
I'm amazed at how many people dont know how to call those in.

I killed myself with my own chopper gunner last night.

Was going after a couple of guys that ducked into the building I was hiding in and I must have shot myself though a window or something. :(

Rawk Hawk

Internet Celebrity said:

I play aggressively, my K/D ranges right around .75. But I don't normally play TDM, I prefer the objective modes, in which cause I'm normally just marthoning all over the map trying to help my team win. Regardless of how many kills and deaths I have, I just want to win the match, so whatever I can do to help that I try to do.

I've always thought the K/D is overrated. W/L is better example of how good you are.

Fugu

Internet Celebrity said:
I get more kills than anyone else in the round even when I lose and I'm running around like a maniac. I have a 2.2:1 kdr; personally I think playing defensively is the way you get a shit (<1.5) kdr.

Rawk Hawk

divisionbyzorro said:

I like EAD as well, although I'm getting kind of tired of people complaining about their packages. Normally I ask people to help me collect them up so they help the team. I don't exactly see what the big deal is.

I've seen someone call in a Crate, get killed. Then when another teammate killed the enemy, grabbed the crate before anyone else could get to it. After that I had to listen to the teammate who called the crate complain for the next 2 matches about how our other member was a crate stealing jerk. Or something to that effect.

Rawk Hawk said:
I like EAD as well, although I'm getting kind of tired of people complaining about their packages. Normally I ask people to help me collect them up so they help the team. I don't exactly see what the big deal is.

I've seen someone call in a Crate, get killed. Then when another teammate killed the enemy, grabbed the crate before anyone else could get to it. After that I had to listen to the teammate who called the crate complain for the next 2 matches about how our other member was a crate stealing jerk. Or something to that effect.

Friends-only chat.

The only time I ever regret friends-only chat is after a successful nuke. I would love to hear the chatter after the nuke alarm goes off, and in the post-game lobby.

DeuceMojo's Favorite Tired Old Bitches That Should Probably be Retired:

10. I fired twenty bullets into his chest and he didn't die! How come I'm dead?

9. Did you campers camp enough, you campity McCampermans?

8. I'm getting spawn killed! That's not fair!

7. We would have owned you if it wasn't for the lag!!!

6. Nice glitch! You fuckers!

5. If we weren't on map name here, it would've been different.

4. Good thing for lucky grenades! Bitches!

3. Maybe you guys should try doing something else with your lives, you 5th-prestige-level-70-no-life-having losers!!! Date a girl. Go outside. I mean, GEEZ!

2. Akimbo-1887s and Rangers are ruining the game.

And the Number One Bitch that should probably never be spoken again:

1. Whoever was using the noob tube, you suck!!!*

*By the way, it was me using it, and I got None Spared too.

Rawk Hawk

divisionbyzorro said:
Friends-only chat.

The only time I ever regret friends-only chat is after a successful nuke. I would love to hear the chatter after the nuke alarm goes off, and in the post-game lobby.

I'm still nieve enough to hope my teammates might be helpful, normally I play with 2 other friends so we take up a good portion of the team. Although on the xbox version, I don't think you can have XBL parties going in most modes? Has this changed or did I misinterpret it to begin with?

Rawk Hawk said:
I'm still nieve enough to hope my teammates might be helpful, normally I play with 2 other friends so we take up a good portion of the team. Although on the xbox version, I don't think you can have XBL parties going in most modes? Has this changed or did I misinterpret it to begin with?
You can in limited modes... Ground War being one of the big ones I can think of. Still disabled in modes like team deathmatch, sabotage, headquarters...

DeuceMojo said:
You can in limited modes... Ground War being one of the big ones I can think of. Still disabled in modes like team deathmatch, sabotage, headquarters...

I believe you can use it in FFA, Merc TDM, Ground War (I play lots of Ground War because of this), and all 3rd-person modes.

Meier

My K/D was over 1 but I had some pretty dreadful games yesterday playing Ground War for the first time and now it's like .93. I wish you oculd see stats online.

Biff

GuardianE said:
I imagine that if you're good enough with the Chopper Gunner, you're going to be very difficult to shoot down, depending on the map. As long as you keep track of the people respawning and target those people who are just standing still (since they might be aiming a launcher at you), you can kill/stun them so quickly that they hardly have a chance.

Even if they manage to get the missile off, if you kill them before it hits, the missile disappears. The biggest mistake I've seen people make is to not check all around the map for potential launchers. It's very easy to see and target Cold Blooded people, too.
Had an AC-130 going. After getting a few multi-kill howitzer rounds, the other team smartened up and started to spawn with anti-air.

I held them off for maybe 10 seconds with careful fire, but I lost it when all I could see in my map were 4 guys standing still in different parts of the map with tubes point up in the air. You can actually see what they're holding in your thermal vision :lol

Rawk Hawk

DeuceMojo said:

divisionbyzorro said:
I believe you can use it in FFA, Merc TDM, Ground War (I play lots of Ground War because of this), and all 3rd-person modes.

Gotcha, I normally just mute annoying players and call it Friends-Only.:lol

GuardianE said:

What you're saying never, ever happens. Someone who gets a chopper gunner is WAY too focused on shooting the big bright targets than looking for the dim, not targeted Cold Blooded guy. As long as I'm using Cold Blooded, and not next to any teammates, I've NEVER been killed by a chopper of any sort before I put it down, which is why I guess I STILL have not seen a Nuke yet.

Rawk Hawk said:
I play aggressively, my K/D ranges right around .75. But I don't normally play TDM, I prefer the objective modes, in which cause I'm normally just marthoning all over the map trying to help my team win. Regardless of how many kills and deaths I have, I just want to win the match, so whatever I can do to help that I try to do.

I've always thought the K/D is overrated. W/L is better example of how good you are.

I agree, I typically try for captures in domination and HQ and whatever else i need to do and i find it does drive down my K/D ratio. I also am around a .76 but do am typically at least around a 1.0 or a little lower on team deathmatch games. Even though my ratio is not always the best in objective games i'm usually in the middle to upper side of points at the end of the game due to captures.

Top Bottom