• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Fugu

Net_Wrecker said:
What you're saying never, ever happens. Someone who gets a chopper gunner is WAY too focused on shooting the big bright targets than looking for the dim, not targeted Cold Blooded guy. As long as I'm using Cold Blooded, and not next to any teammates, I've NEVER been killed by a chopper of any sort before I put it down, which is why I guess I STILL have not seen a Nuke yet.
I don't know man, I aim for the people trying to shoot me down. To be quite frank, having cold blooded doesn't exactly make you difficult to see.

mbmonk said:
Okay. I will bite. I think the above is overpowered and thus ruining the game. Where is my cry baby logic going wrong :lol

:lol Just a joke really. Yeah, it's affecting the balance of power and it's too bad. Maybe IW can patch it and I'll remove that from the list.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is totally insane! How the hell does shooting an "already shot down" Pave Low count towards Cold Blooded?
November 30, 2009 1:11 PM

^^^ Hilarious. Someone outraged at a glitch. Too bad I didn't know this earlier! :lol I've had Cold Blooded Pro for like a week now.

Ok, I should have worded my question a little better. How do you sustain a high K/D while playing super-aggressive?

Every match, I seem to lock down a spawn of the enemy's, and get around a 5 killstreak. Subsequently, I almost always get a 3-4 deathstreak. Match continues with intermittent kills/deaths. My K/D is loitering around 1.2 at the moment, and I'm pretty unhappy with that (yeah, I'm sad).

mbmonk

DeuceMojo said:
:lol Just a joke really. Yeah, it's affecting the balance of power and it's too bad. Maybe IW can patch it and I'll remove that from the list.

Sorry about misinterpreting that. Recognizing internet/forum jokes are so hard for me at times... damn you internet! (*shakes fist at the sky*).

Nelo Ice said:
that actually sounds ilke a nice glitch since cold blooded is the only perk that'll annoy me getting the pro version back when i prestige :lol

I have enjoyed that perk like a mofo. I get "most time spent near enemies" ALL THE TIME because some of them refuse to believe that I am about to shoot/knife/thump them because I don't have a red name over my head. :lol

mbmonk said:
Sorry about misinterpreting that. Recognizing internet/forum jokes are so hard for me at times... damn you internet! (*shakes fist at the sky*).
Oh I get it -- it's very serious business. I have only experienced akimbo 1887s once from the trigger end, and it was pretty crazy. I've been on the business end of those guns about 100 times now, and it drives me f'ing insane. Any gun that can beat my knife at 5-10 feet is possibly a little overpowered.

<Epiphany>

Akimbo 1887s are the new God Gun. COD4 had its M16 and P90. MW2 has its Wanted Dead or Alive Times Two.

Rawk Hawk

DeuceMojo said:

I'll take your list on step further. I think knifing is over powered as well. Not that I complain because we can all do it. But I think knifing should have one or both of the following rules:

1) Only while standing still.
2) Only from behind the enemy.

If one or both of them were put in place I think it would fill the role it's suppose to. That roll being a stealth kill, I think it should also not notify other party members of the locale of the death with the skull symbol.

A friend and I have discussed it at length, so I'm sure most won't agree, but it's somewhat annoying to see guys running around with marathon/lightweight/tactic knife and pistols out just to run at olympic speeds without breaks. With the standard lag of any online game, they are normally in your face long before you actually see them.

To the point of the double shotguns... double pistols ok, double uzis ok, show me someone who can run around with two shotguns pointed straight out for more than 1 minute (not to mention the recoil...) and I'll allow them to remain in the game. Shotguns in general are not weapons you can carry in one hand, unless it's T2 of course.

Fugu

Internet Celebrity said:
Ok, I should have worded my question a little better. How do you sustain a high K/D while playing super-aggressive?

Every match, I seem to lock down a spawn of the enemy's, and get around a 5 killstreak. Subsequently, I almost always get a 3-4 deathstreak. Match continues with intermittent kills/deaths. My K/D is loitering around 1.2 at the moment, and I'm pretty unhappy with that (yeah, I'm sad).
The main idea is simple: Don't pick fights you can't win. There's a fine line between aggressive and stupid.

Learning how to win firefights (good aim, good aim while moving, tactful jumping, dolphin dives, hiding and anticipating when your opponent will reload, etc.) is also very helpful.

Rawk Hawk said:
I'll take your list on step further. I think knifing is over powered as well. Not that I complain because we can all do it. But I think knifing should have one or both of the following rules:

1) Only while standing still.
2) Only from behind the enemy.

If one or both of them were put in place I think it would fill the role it's suppose to. That roll being a stealth kill, I think it should also not notify other party members of the locale of the death with the skull symbol.

A friend and I have discussed it at length, so I'm sure most won't agree, but it's somewhat annoying to see guys running around with marathon/lightweight/tactic knife and pistols out just to run at olympic speeds without breaks. With the standard lag of any online game, they are normally in your face long before you actually see them.

To the point of the double shotguns... double pistols ok, double uzis ok, show me someone who can run around with two shotguns pointed straight out for more than 1 minute (not to mention the recoil...) and I'll allow them to remain in the game. Shotguns in general are not weapons you can carry in one hand, unless it's T2 of course.
I think the knife worked fine in CoD4. The mechanics don't need to change, the giant boost that Commando provides needs to be cut down.

mbmonk

Fugu said:
Learning how to win firefights (good aim, good aim while moving, tactful jumping, dolphin dives, hiding and anticipating when your opponent will reload, etc.) is also very helpful.

I want to shoot you in the face for that...
strictly speaking of in game of course

Fugu said:
I've had some hilarious interactions like this... from the guy that turtles up around a corner waiting for me to come running through while I circle around and shoot him in the back, to the guy who chases me around a large obstacle like Tom and Jerry, only to become the chased one.

Of course there have been many such "hilarious" interactions where I've ended up dead, but we don't need to revisit those.

Other hilarious moments... the guys who found me laying prone in Afghan and spent a good 5-10 seconds dancing around me and changing weapons (and probably giggling like schoolgirls) who didn't shoot me until I had smoked two of their teammates that I'd been lying in wait for. How dumb was that? Did you actually tell your dead teammate you were dicking around with the enemy before he was killed? :lol

Rounding a corner and then lining up a headshot on the guy that's 10 feet from me, only to be shot by someone -- always a heartbreaker 'cause if I had only just shot/knifed him 1 f'ing second earlier!! :D

Rawk Hawk

DeuceMojo said:
Other hilarious moments... the guys who found me laying prone in Afghan and spent a good 5-10 seconds dancing around me and changing weapons (and probably giggling like schoolgirls) who didn't shoot me until I had smoked two of their teammates that I'd been lying in wait for. How dumb was that? Did you actually tell your dead teammate you were dicking around with the enemy before he was killed? :lol

Rounding a corner and then lining up a headshot on the guy that's 10 feet from me, only to be shot by someone -- always a heartbreaker 'cause if I had only just shot/knifed him 1 f'ing second earlier!! :D

Nice, my hilarious moments usually involve killing someone from spot A, moving to spot B and killing him again when he looks in spot A. It's never gets old. You can almost sense the frustration.

DeuceMojo said:
Oh I get it -- it's very serious business. I have only experienced akimbo 1887s once from the trigger end, and it was pretty crazy. I've been on the business end of those guns about 100 times now, and it drives me f'ing insane. Any gun that can beat my knife at 5-10 feet is possibly a little overpowered.

<Epiphany>

Akimbo 1887s are the new God Gun. COD4 had its M16 and P90. MW2 has its Wanted Dead or Alive Times Two.
Even more so than the M16 or the P90. If I came around a corner in COD4 and encountered someone with either, it wasn't instant death for me like it is with those 1887s. Also I can't quite remember, but the P90 was available at level 40 and M16 was unlocked at the start(?). 1887s are pretty much only for high level characters so it makes it more unfair. Then again I can't complain about that, if they unlocked at level 10 or something you'd see entire matches consisting of that.

Rawk Hawk said:
Nice, my hilarious moments usually involve killing someone from spot A, moving to spot B and killing him again when he looks in spot A. It's never gets old. You can almost sense the frustration.
Especially when you meet him head-on while he's running back to spot A. Back in COD4, I earned Afterburner and Air Superiority in one match because the same guy kept running the same route to come get me. Almost like he wanted me to kill him 10 times in 3 minutes.

Fugu

mbmonk said:
I want to shoot you in the face for that...
strictly speaking of in game of course
Well it's a pretty ineffective strategy if you see it coming (as is proning in general, I mean you're literally sticking your face out at them) so the idea is to work it in in a manner that doesn't get you shot in the face. =P

Mileena

Banned
BigBlue1974 said:
Even more so than the M16 or the P90. If I came around a corner in COD4 and encountered someone with either, it wasn't instant death for me like it is with those 1887s. Also I can't quite remember, but the P90 was available at level 40 and M16 was unlocked at the start(?). 1887s are pretty much only for high level characters so it makes it more unfair. Then again I can't complain about that, if they unlocked at level 10 or something you'd see entire matches consisting of that.
They need to either nerf the fuck out of the range or make it so you can't akimbo them. No one would use that shotgun without the akimbo.

Rawk Hawk

DeuceMojo said:
Especially when you meet him head-on while he's running back to spot A. Back in COD4, I earned Afterburner and Air Superiority in one match because the same guy kept running the same route to come get me. Almost like he wanted me to kill him 10 times in 3 minutes.

Awesome. Yea normally if you get two straight kills on them, all logic is out the window. If it was me, I'll go somewhere else, obviously this person has a good spot and I'll avoid him for now. Not most people, they turn into a berserker and can no longer control their actions as they sprint back there over and over.

On a side note, my posts per day have skyrocketed since this games release :lol

todahawk

RbBrdMan said:
Yea I get that too. I play Domination mostly. The matchmaking is quite horrible. I played about 5 hours on Saturday, nearly every match I was in games with either all clan members on one side or I was playing with nearly all prestige players. I'm level 20 something. :/

I'll be on tonight hopefully. Feel free to add me psn = todahawk

corkscrewblow said:
They need to either nerf the fuck out of the range or make it so you can't akimbo them. No one would use that shotgun without the akimbo.
You get the idea that they made them just for the akimbo use just for that reason -- they're worthless without. But to go from weak secondary to Edward Shotgunhands running the fuck around and ending everyone with a one-two blast, it has made this game Halo 4 and it blows. Nerf away.

Domino Theory said:
Dual-wielding, in general, is just fucking stupid, imo. That shit needs to go.
Agreed.

mYm|17|

DeuceMojo said:
You know who I think is the shit?

1zd6mgh.jpg

Henry Rollins.
The guy remains cool. Even though he probably hates video games (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/henry-rollins/teeing-off-its-just-a-gam_b_57926.html), I think the dude would be hilarious playing some MW2.

Shotgun party tonight!

isn't that guy from sons of anarchy?

Wickerman

Rawk Hawk said:
I've always thought the K/D is overrated. W/L is better example of how good you are.

I disagree. W/L is all about how cohesive you and your teammates are when obtaining the objectives.

I'd like to think that I'm a good player at this game and the original MW. Until I played with some GAFers, I was losing more games than winning. My win ratio has been climbing steadily because they play as a team.

Lone wolf-syndrome is rampant in TDM and Domination

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Net_Wrecker said:
What you're saying never, ever happens. Someone who gets a chopper gunner is WAY too focused on shooting the big bright targets than looking for the dim, not targeted Cold Blooded guy. As long as I'm using Cold Blooded, and not next to any teammates, I've NEVER been killed by a chopper of any sort before I put it down, which is why I guess I STILL have not seen a Nuke yet.

Here's the thing. On certain maps, like Wasteland, it's very very easy to see someone, even without the little red box on you. Take that person out once, and they'll keep respawning in a spot next to their red boxed buddies. On some maps, it's impossible, but on several maps it's very easy.

mYm|17| said:
isn't that guy from sons of anarchy?
Yeah, but he's pretty multi-talented... Black Flag singer, leader of his own band, writer, poet, performance artist, talk show host... I guess he's redeemed his acting with Sons of Anarchy, 'cause prior to that his skills were iffy.

I'm just saying if Dane Cook plays MW2, why not somebody a little edgier?

Rawk Hawk

Wickerman said:
I disagree. W/L is all about how cohesive you and your teammates are when obtaining the objectives.

I'd like to think that I'm a good player at this game and the original MW. Until I played with some GAFers, I was losing more games than winning. My win ratio has been climbing steadily because they play as a team.

Lone wolf-syndrome is rampant in TDM and Domination

Well sure, good players get put on bad teams. That's understandable. I think I worded it somewhat wrong, my point isn't your W/L tells the world how good you are. My point is when in a match, you should be focused on W/L, not K/D.

It's frustrating to play an objective based game and lose because 3 of your teammates are camping in random spots to just pick up free kills while the other team trys to actually win. If you want to worry about K/D play TDM where it matters.

(Obviously they won't as they aren't really as good as their K/D says, it's only high because the only players they can kill are the ones focused on completing an objective, not trying to kill them as well.)

Fugu

Rawk Hawk said:
Well sure, good players get put on bad teams. That's understandable. I think I worded it somewhat wrong, my point isn't your W/L tells the world how good you are. My point is when in a match, you should be focused on W/L, not K/D.

It's frustrating to play an objective based game and lose because 3 of your teammates are camping in random spots to just pick up free kills while the other team trys to actually win. If you want to worry about K/D play TDM where it matters.

(Obviously they won't as they aren't really as good as their K/D says, it's only high because the only players they can kill are the ones focused on completing an objective, not trying to kill them as well.)
It's also frustrating to be the only team player on the team. Sometimes, there's just no point.

Stillmatic

Rawk Hawk said:

I've won most of the games i've actually played, yet my W/L ratio is something like .60, with over 600 losses. The reason for that is me getting a loss for leaving a game where i have a red or yellow connection. I don't think W/L ratio is indicative at all of how good a player is. But i agree, winning is far more important than worrying about your K/D ratio.

Internet Celebrity said:

Know the camping spots on each side of the maps and know the line of sights from those spots. Try to avoid running into those areas or if you do use smoke grenades for cover.

make a private match and see how long it takes you to get to an area from both spawn starting points.

Rawk Hawk said:
They nerfed this concept early on. COD4 was completely averse to it. MW2 is slightly open to it, but only in games like HQ where you get only 50 points for kills when you're not actively defending or attacking an HQ. Still... when you give someone conflicting criteria by which they can judge their performance, you'll have dildos saying all day "I lost the game, but your team went negative."

What's more is... they're rewarded for that garbage. The idiot that loses 10 straight games but posts 20+ kills in each will skyrocket past the guy that won those 10 games while getting 5 kills each.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Rawk Hawk said:

TDM is too random. It is much easier to get kills in objective based games where there is a little bit of order.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Brian Fellows said:
TDM is too random. It is much easier to get kills in objective based games where there is a little bit of order.

Of course it's easier to get kills in objective based games. In objective based games, both sides have a goal: an area to secure, a flag to capture, etc. In Team Death Match, you're the objective... and you're being hunted down. It's not about being hectic or orderly.

If you go into objective based maps with the sole intention of amassing kills, you're not really proving anything. Everyone else was playing a different game than you.

Fugu said:
It's also frustrating to be the only team player on the team. Sometimes, there's just no point.
There's not, and here's why:

There's no incentive to be a team player. Somehow these guys (IW) got it in their head that people would naturally play some sort of strategy to win, and they don't becuase they don't care.

I played a TDM where we were 2 kills ahead with 10 seconds to go. What do you do at that point if you want to win the game? Maybe lay down? Stop hunting? Don't return fire? Nah, hell no. What you do is run like a dipshit and get killed four times and hopelessly lose the match. :lol

Like it's been said several times in this thread, you can't convince someone to try to win the game. I played a whole match on Sub Base where one guy camped the second floor at the end of the catwalk the entire game. He may as well have been playing FFA. What could his team do?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
GuardianE said:
Of course it's easier to get kills in objective based games. In objective based games, both sides have a goal: an area to secure, a flag to capture, etc. In Team Death Match, you're the objective... and you're being hunted down. It's not about being hectic or orderly.

If you go into objective based maps with the sole intention of amassing kills, you're not really proving anything. Everyone else was playing a different game than you.

While I agree K/D ratio SHOULDN'T be focused on in Objective, that's why I think one of the biggest oversights in the game was allowing the team who gets the nuke to win the match regardless. Now I can't really blame people who go for kills.

HooCares

Neo Member
Internet Celebrity said:

This is almost verbatim how my games go. I'll start out incredibly strong (maybe because I know where everyone is at the start of a match and where they like to go).

I'll often go 10 - (0-2) early on, and get all my streaks (I like UAV, Pred Missile, Harrier). After that I go downhill fast and finish the match somewhere around 1.25 KD where I was on pace for a solid 2.

The only games that effectively emphasize winning are S&D, but even then... 1,000 points for a kill? Why not just sit around and wait for someone to sneak past...

Rawk Hawk

DeuceMojo said:
What's more is... they're rewarded for that garbage. The idiot that loses 10 straight games but posts 20+ kills in each will skyrocket past the guy that won those 10 games while getting 5 kills each.

I wish I had a nickle for every time a member of the losing team instantly starts bragging about his 30-5 round. And it's not even like they are provoked by the winners bragging so they counter with their K/D, no this is the first thing spoken into the lobby.

But I think this game, with the challenges and random grouped matches, promotes this style of play.

Mileena

Banned
DeuceMojo said:
The only games that effectively emphasize winning are S&D, but even then... 1,000 points for a kill? Why not just sit around and wait for someone to sneak past...
Because you get more for planting and/or defusing.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
GuardianE said:

That is their problem.

careful

Fugu said:
I think the knife worked fine in CoD4. The mechanics don't need to change, the giant boost that Commando provides needs to be cut down.
Mostly this. Just nerf or remove altogether the teleportation knifing and it's all good.

FML @ Pave Low glitch. I earned mine the hard way. :(

Top Bottom