• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

DarkJC

Dax01 said:
Haven't encountered either "exploit" so far.

Haven't encountered the javelin one but you might have encountered the care package one and just not known it. Just makes the person really fast.

And exploit is in quotes...why? Are you suggesting they aren't exploits?

tsigo

The Javelin one is kind of game-breaking if a lot of people are doing it. On the other hand, I just had an amazing FFA game on Afghan where one guy must've tried to get inside the rock 10 times. I just made a big loop through the tunnels to give him enough time to keep trying it, come up behind him and kill him. Rinse, repeat.

Even if you don't use the exploits it can help to know what they are!

X26

Banned
Played some S&D for the first time in awhile and litterally everyone was using riot shields (for back protection) and akimbo 1887's :/

Geoff9920

Dax01 said:
Haven't encountered either "exploit" so far.
There's a video of it in my last post for your enjoyment! ;)

Geoff9920 said:
Ok, ran into this bullshit for the first time last night... w. t. f.

Between this and the double shotty's (seriously, who thought that was a good idea?) This game just keeps on giving... :-\ Too bad though, because when people aren't doing this bullshit it's still really fun.

DarkJC said:
Haven't encountered the javelin one but you might have encountered the care package one and just not known it. Just makes the person really fast.

I'm pretty sure I haven't seen either yet.

And exploit is in quotes...why? Are you suggesting they aren't exploits?
What the hell?

Geoff9920 said:
There's a video of it in my last post for your enjoyment! ;)
Oh, I know what both are.

DarkJC

Dax01 said:
What the hell?

Well that's usually what quotes used in that context imply.

X26 said:
Played some S&D for the first time in awhile and litterally everyone was using riot shields (for back protection) and akimbo 1887's :/

Yep, had a game like this once too. Haven't gone back to S&D since.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I think I've found my sweet-spot.

I started using the UMP with silencer, Commando Pro, Lightweight Pro, and Ninja. I basically speed around the map and either knife people or take them down with the UMP (usually from behind). I've got a question though.

Am I an asshole GAF?

The way it seems is that people generally aren't in favor of those using the knife to get kills. Before this class build I was lucky to get a 50/50 K/D. Now I'm finishing in the top 3 consistently.

RbBrdMan said:
I think I've found my sweet-spot.

I started using the UMP with silencer, Commando Pro, Lightweight Pro, and Ninja. I basically speed around the map and either knife people or take them down with the UMP (usually from behind). I've got a question though.

Am I an asshole GAF?

The way it seems is that people generally aren't in favor of those using the knife to get kills. Before this class build I was lucky to get a 50/50 K/D. Now I'm finishing in the top 3 consistently.
Eh screw what most people say. You're not abusing the game in any unethical ways, so keep at it. I'm rubbish with a pistol and knife, but if I could run around slashing everyone I would. :)

I haven't really encountered any of the glitches so far. I must be lucky, or GAF is indeed a very vocal minority. This thread has been quite negative lately - I feel like I'm one of the few people here who are still loving this online.

I just did the challenge where you had to kill an enemy, steal his gun and then kill him again with it. I was having very little luck trying to do it by chance - just picking up a gun of every guy I kill and hoping I got him again - so I turned into a proper stalker. I picked out a guy who was carrying an RPG on his back, got him, then proceeded to traverse the map as stealthily as I could until he popped up in my sights again. :lol The most satisfying 3000xp I've ever got!

I would make a long post but I don't want to make a long Game X vs Game Y shit or get this thread continuing down that road it seems to be going. Please don't say Bungie has "fixed" their glitches and don't say this game is more glitchy than Halo. (Google or Youtube Halo 3 glitches or just read the H3 thread if you want proof)

With that said these are two pretty different games and I really wouldn't even compare them even if they are in the same genre.

Also the only exploits in CoD I've seen is teh Afghan rock and Javelin Glitch, the rest sort of seem by design. (1887's being overpowered and care package marker running faster)

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Foliorum Viridum said:
Eh screw what most people say. You're not abusing the game in any unethical ways, so keep at it. I'm rubbish with a pistol and knife, but if I could run around slashing everyone I would. :)

Even though I'm getting more kills that is not necessarily the reason I'm still using that build. I'm using it because it is really damn fun. I love getting shot at by someone in a building as I'm running past it drains my health down a little but I still keep speeding by run in the building up the stairs and slash them for the kill. I still die multiple times per match. I still have trouble linking together kills for a streak, but I'm having a blast and that is all that really matters to me.

Rawk Hawk

In a game last night I brought up the over powered shotguns and got this answer from a user "Have you ever even shot a shotgun, it would kill you in one hit." To which my answer was "I've shot them enough to know you can't carry two of them around and shoot them with any accuracy."

Needless to say he had little to say after that while the room got a good laugh. I may have to make the move to hardcore, at least then I'd think I have a better chance of taking down the olympic speed knifer and terminator 2 shotgun guy.

Stillmatic

I ran into my second dose of nuke boosting. Same thing, him and his mate hiding on the edge of the map with a flare. This time it was during a domination match but the guy was on my team so i couldn't do anything to stop it. He ended up getting the nuke and left after the match. Unbelievable. :/

On another note, later in the night i managed to unlock the rotating green star emblem, which turned that frown, upside down. :)

Funny thing is that the 1887 akimbos are only going to get worse over time. I know that I'll be rocking them since it seems like those challenges are going to be easy as hell.

Ganhyun

For those complaining about the Javelin glitch... A few friends of mine tested this out and this works with all the launchers (we didnt test the thumper), and danger close is not necessary for this to work. (Though that does extend the range of the blast)

Seeing a lot of this glitch in headquarters. People using it as a room clearer to wipe out defenders. :(

Rawk Hawk

What would MW do if we had a MW party of 12-16 members? Does it start to split the party up in rooms if you have too many?

I think before I dive into another game like this, dedicated servers and a lobby system are a must. It's so much easy to meet up with friends and rivals.

xxjuicesxx said:
I would make a long post but I don't want to make a long Game X vs Game Y shit or get this thread continuing down that road it seems to be going. Please don't say Bungie has "fixed" their glitches and don't say this game is more glitchy than Halo. (Google or Youtube Halo 3 glitches or just read the H3 thread if you want proof)

you say you don't want to go down that road but yet here you are doing so

i think you are using "glitches" in two very different contexts here.

one game has glitches that also classified as exploits; which are then used in "lol match-making"

the other has easter eggs and glitches that can only be found outside of match-making.

Just because you don't like the playlists and games in Halo 3 (neither do i ), doesn't mean you can make up stories.

Not really stating anything not said in the past two pages but I too am quickly getting burned out on this game. MW1's multiplayer is easily the thing I've spent the most time on gamewise this generation, and when everyone is playing MW2 on the up and up, its a pretty good time, enough of a good time for me to put aside my gripes.

Unfortunately, I seem to never get in a good game. Everyone is Javelin glitching, dual-weilding shotguns that have rifle range, nuke boosting, and generally looking at a list thinking to themselves "Boy, there is a entertaining multiplayer we have here, how can I ruin the experience for everyone?"

I hate that I feel this way, because this was easily my most anticipated game of the year, and so far, I've gotten way more frustration out of the game than enjoyment. For every step forward they made in some areas, they took 3 steps back in others. I'll hold on to it for a bit more, see if the ship is even somewhat righted, but I might be going back to MW1 soon. As someone else said, if it isnt addressed, its only going to get worse as more and more people hop on these annoying trends.

And if that happens, I'll trade in John Woo Presents: Camping Warfare 2.

It's pretty sad to say, but i think I'm done with this game or at least until some kinda patches come out.

This is coming from someone who logged over 20 days(how sad when I write it out) on COD4.

Every match I join now it seems I encounter one or more of the following:
- Javelin glitchers
- Akimbo 1887s
- Infinite Care Package glitchers
- Care Package Grenade Runners
- Boosters...especially in Free for All
- Tactical Knifers running faster than Olympians and stabbing you from 7 or 8 feet away and you unload into them
- Campers Galore...not even talking about snipers, but literally people that sit at that one spot just waiting for someone to come around the corner or poke a head out
- Teammates who could give a rat's ass about objective based games because they need more killstreaks for a higher k/d
- Horrible matchmaking along with all kinds of bugginess such as long wait times to join

Did I miss anything? I think I'm just going to try out the Spec-Ops stuff(finished the game on Veteran already) and sell this game. It's really too bad because I was hyped like for no other game before it came out.

Ganhyun

Kosma said:
Whats the Javelin glitch?

Kosma,

Take a create a class slot.

Layout:

Preferred:

Perk1: Marathon
Perk 2: Danger Close
Perk 3: Anything.
Primary Weapon: whatever
Secondary weapon: any launcher besides thumper (javelin is most widely used)
primary equipment: semtex grenade
secondary: anything.

Basically, you swap to your launcher. From there you hit and hold R1/Right Button like you are cooking said semtex grenade. Then, while still holding R1/Right Button, hit Y/Triangle to swap back to the launcher. From there, once you are shot, your launcher goes off, and with danger close as a perk, pretty much anyone in the room u die in that is an enemy dies. *

*If you climb a ladder or wall, this gets canceled out.

Minamu

Kosma said:
Whats the Javelin glitch?
It's called Javelindom. You can basically force the game to launch a rocket at the person who last killed you. Kinda like martyrdom but with rockets. Hence the name :)

Minamu said:
It's called Javelindom. You can basically force the game to launch a rocket at the person who last killed you. Kinda like martyrdom but with rockets. Hence the name :)

Is it any good for clearing out the Wasteland bunker with shotgun campers in there, or like house clearing? Just run in and die would it kill a bunch in the house? Sounds like an awesome strategy in a way...

Ganhyun

xxjuicesxx said:
Is it any good for clearing out the Wasteland bunker with shotgun campers in there, or like house clearing? Just run in and die would it kill a bunch in the house? Sounds like an awesome strategy in a way...

Its used frequently in Headquarters to clear out well defended rooms the HQ is in.

Pete Rock

xDangerboy said:
Just because you don't like the playlists and games in Halo 3 (neither do i ), doesn't mean you can make up stories.
The first thing I thought of when I saw the rock on Afghan was the red box on Avalanche :lol

They do need to hurry up and patch though, definitely getting rough around the edges

Kworn

Banned
I find it amazing really with all the threads crying about certain weapons. Here's what I see. "Omg N00btubez are so bad!" "Omg shotguns are overpowered!" "OMG Knifing is overpowered!". Here's the thing. These games are set to cover a bevy of playstyles. Do you like to blow things up? Grab a Grenade Launcher and go to town. Do you like to shoot things? We have plenty of those, at many, many ranges, from lots of ammo, to little ammo but more power. Or perhaps you like to be sneaky and kill people in an assassin style way. Well, then you have the knife, and it one hit kills since it leaves you completely unprotected (unlike the shield), and you have to be close range to do it.

I don't get it. I really don't get it. Looking over it all, you'd damn us all unless we're camped out with an assault rifle and red dot. Oh wait, I'm sorry CAMPING is "n00by" too. Grenades are n00by. Flashbangs are n00by. YOU'RE N00BY IN BED AND YOUR GIRLFRIEND TOLD EVERYONE. My god, get over it already people. Certain people have certain playstyles they flourish in and find fun. I like demolotions and explosions. In WAW, I like to rifle grenade, and use a set up that focuses ENTIRELY on explosives (Rifle Grenades, Fireworks, Martyrdom, Stickies, Tabun Gas). That's my playstyle. That's what I enjoy. That's what gets me the huge scores, and keeps me interested.

BigBlue1974 said:
It's pretty sad to say, but i think I'm done with this game or at least until some kinda patches come out.

This is coming from someone who logged over 20 days(how sad when I write it out) on COD4.

Every match I join now it seems I encounter one or more of the following:
- Javelin glitchers
- Akimbo 1887s
- Infinite Care Package glitchers
- Care Package Grenade Runners
- Boosters...especially in Free for All
- Tactical Knifers running faster than Olympians and stabbing you from 7 or 8 feet away and you unload into them
- Campers Galore...not even talking about snipers, but literally people that sit at that one spot just waiting for someone to come around the corner or poke a head out
- Teammates who could give a rat's ass about objective based games because they need more killstreaks for a higher k/d
- Horrible matchmaking along with all kinds of bugginess such as long wait times to join

Did I miss anything? I think I'm just going to try out the Spec-Ops stuff(finished the game on Veteran already) and sell this game. It's really too bad because I was hyped like for no other game before it came out.

The Javelin glitches simply need to be removed, as do the care package glitches.

The tactical knife is not broken. There are some strange issues with lag occasionally which could stand to be tweaked (perhaps similarly to the Halo 3 sword fix), but the knifes are fine.

The 1887s need to have their range reduced slightly.

The matchmaking needs to stop dropping party members, but the wait times are par for the course with XBL matchmaking.

Nuke-cheating needs to be fixed. A simple fix would be to require nuke killstreaks to contain at least three unique enemy kills, and have AC-130/Gunner/EMP killstreaks to contain at least two unique enemy kills.

ugh fuck i was playing sabotage earlier.. we got swamped by "Jvdom". I feel sorry that IW has to go through the game's code again, but make a shitty game & be prepared to fix it.*rollseyes*

careful

Minamu said:
Javelindom. :lol

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
DevelopmentArrested said:
You powered through months of Gears of War 2 did you not? probably the most glitched MP game I've played in years. One bad MW2 glitch that will be fixable very soon shouldn't make you ragequit that bad.

Yup, I did. Gears 2 is probably the most glitched game I have ever played. Throw on top of that terrible netcode and you have yourself a very frustrating game. Unfortunate, too. Beneath the crap is an amazing game and playing with guys from GAF provided me some of the most exciting moments in my gaming life. Hopefully Gears 3 will be tons better (I'm not holding by breath 'cause Cliffy said Gears 2 would fix all of Gears 1's problems).

I didn't ragequit that game (I only quit when the lag is bad). In fact, it made me hunker down and try harder. I ended up killing that fucker many times after. Despite all of the glitches and bullshit lately I still continue to have a W/L ratio >1 and a k/d of 1.3. I'm not a superstar like Erik WK but I'm holding my own.

I don't have a problem with shotguns. Or knives. If that's your thing go for it. There are tons of snipers out there who aren't watching their backs! If you plan on patrolling the various houses/rooms then bring your shotty for CQC. Shotguns are part of modern warfare. They have very real benefits in certain situations.

The real issue surfaces when these shotguns have more power and accuracy than weapons designed for mid-range combat (e.g. SCAR, FAMAS, AUG). A guy can pop my head off from 100 feet away with 1887s. I can put 3 bullets into him quick and still have no chance. On top of that you have something called Marathon. On top of that you have lag. So what we have is a sprinting/teleporting dual shotgun wielding sniper assassin class. Add to that a self destruct option and its clear that the game currently is near broken.

It's not "one glitch." It's a balancing issue that is close to destroying the game. On top of that there are glitches (which I haven't had much experience with). I am 10x more worried about balancing issues than glitches.

I have faith in IW. Unlike Gears 2/UE3, I don't think there are fundamental issues with the net code/engine/etc. that will prevent them from fixing the balancing issues or glitches. All they gotta do is play around with the weapon attributes a bit and the game will be tons better.

panda21

what is akimbo 1887? those shotguns? there are so many people doing that.. its really annoying.

what annoys me more is people playing tactical games who are obviously trying to keep their K/D ratio up and so are ridiculously cautious and ignore opportunities (or just plain ignore the objective altogether) because they are scared of getting shot.

Rawk Hawk

Kworn said:
I find it amazing really with all the threads crying about certain weapons. Here's what I see. "Omg N00btubez are so bad!" "Omg shotguns are overpowered!" "OMG Knifing is overpowered!". Here's the thing. These games are set to cover a bevy of playstyles. Do you like to blow things up? Grab a Grenade Launcher and go to town. Do you like to shoot things? We have plenty of those, at many, many ranges, from lots of ammo, to little ammo but more power. Or perhaps you like to be sneaky and kill people in an assassin style way. Well, then you have the knife, and it one hit kills since it leaves you completely unprotected (unlike the shield), and you have to be close range to do it.

I don't get it. I really don't get it. Looking over it all, you'd damn us all unless we're camped out with an assault rifle and red dot. Oh wait, I'm sorry CAMPING is "n00by" too. Grenades are n00by. Flashbangs are n00by. YOU'RE N00BY IN BED AND YOUR GIRLFRIEND TOLD EVERYONE. My god, get over it already people. Certain people have certain playstyles they flourish in and find fun. I like demolotions and explosions. In WAW, I like to rifle grenade, and use a set up that focuses ENTIRELY on explosives (Rifle Grenades, Fireworks, Martyrdom, Stickies, Tabun Gas). That's my playstyle. That's what I enjoy. That's what gets me the huge scores, and keeps me interested.

For starters, who ever says flashbangs are nooby? Are you arguing that it's not easier to get a kill with a grenade launcher than an assault rifle? That's normally what 'nOOby' means, you are new and therefore get kills the easiest way possible because your talent isn't high enough to use other weapons.

The point isn't if using them is fun, but when playing Sabotage and having 5 people stand in viewing range of the bomb and just rain grenades whenever you get near it, it may be comical, but you're blatantly ruining the game. If you can live with that, then bombs away.

Shotguns and Knifing would likely be fine if they had dedicated servers and every match wasn't plagued with lag. Then you could see the enemy before he was already in your face. Although you see him come around a corner, on his screen he's already knifed you and ran 20 yards past you.

mbmonk

Kworn said:
I find it amazing really with all the threads crying about certain weapons. Here's what I see. ... blah blah

I think most people see the big picture, that doesn't mean they have to like it.

The whole flashbang = noob and sex w/ girlfriend references were a REACH. Haven't seen a ton of noobtoob complaints in this thread, so I don't know what/who you are referencing.

mbmonk

Rawk Hawk said:
Shotguns and Knifing would likely be fine if they had dedicated servers and every match was plagued with lag. Then you could see the enemy before he was already in your face. Although you see him come around a corner, on his screen he's already knifed you and ran 20 yards past you.

Great point.

Rawk Hawk

mbmonk said:
Great point.

Agreed.:D

Although a better point after I changed was to wasn't so it made sense... >.>

Watching the killcams just proves this though, every time a knifer charges me, I normally get off at least 4-5 bullets if not a full clip. If I'm startled they may not hit him, but they are still fired. Yet in the killcam, my character is just standing there doing nothing.

Man, Overwatch on Veteren is freaking brutal, it has basically become a puzzle game. I tried about 12 times last night and only made it passed the farmhouse basement 3 times.

Also, on XBL, I am level 18 and my kills rank is lik 4,300,000 or so. There seems to be a few people playing this game :lol

f3niks

divisionbyzorro said:
The Javelin glitches simply need to be removed, as do the care package glitches.

The tactical knife is not broken. There are some strange issues with lag occasionally which could stand to be tweaked (perhaps similarly to the Halo 3 sword fix), but the knifes are fine.

The 1887s need to have their range reduced slightly.

The matchmaking needs to stop dropping party members, but the wait times are par for the course with XBL matchmaking.

Nuke-cheating needs to be fixed. A simple fix would be to require nuke killstreaks to contain at least three unique enemy kills, and have AC-130/Gunner/EMP killstreaks to contain at least two unique enemy kills.

I agree with everyothing in this post except for the bit about the 1887s. They need to have their range significantly reduced. I shouldn't be one shot killed from the back of the plane on Afghan. If it were two SMGs I would have no problem but two 1887s is just ridicuous. If it were the Deagle I could understand but they've gimped that gun.

Kworn

Banned
"I think most people see the big picture, that doesn't mean they have to like it.

The whole flashbang = noob and sex w/ girlfriend references were a REACH. Haven't seen a ton of noobtoob complaints in this thread, so I don't know what/who you are referencing."

XBOX LIVE

Kworn said:
"I think most people see the big picture, that doesn't mean they have to like it.

The whole flashbang = noob and sex w/ girlfriend references were a REACH. Haven't seen a ton of noobtoob complaints in this thread, so I don't know what/who you are referencing."

XBOX LIVE

Use the "Quote" button. :D

Arjen

KittyKittyBangBang said:
Man, Overwatch on Veteren is freaking brutal, it has basically become a puzzle game. I tried about 12 times last night and only made it passed the farmhouse basement 3 times.

Also, on XBL, I am level 18 and my kills rank is lik 4,300,000 or so. There seems to be a few people playing this game :lol

It's really not that hard, the guy on the ground just has to keep his cover while the AC130 brings the rain. There's a lot of places to hide and then your co-op buddy can easily destroy everything around you.

Sielys

So, is it just me or is coldblooded amazing on pro rank? You wouldn't think that no name or red crosshairs makes that big of a difference, but it actually really stealthy...I've actually been mistaken for a dead body while lying prone with this perk, anyone else find this useful? Because everyone else I've talked to is convinced the pro rank is worthless...

smik

its now widespread

fuck! game is now infested with these javelin suicide glitches, nearly all the games i played tonight had at least 3-4 people doing it per game.

join other several rooms and whadoya know more javelin glitches.

patch this crap asap along with the 1887 so i can get back to enjoying this game.

Top Bottom