• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

GodfatherX said:
i just went 24-1, i think i have finally hit the ceiling on my pavelow killstreak

I went 27-0 in Hardcore once with massive Pave Low kills. Seriously, how f'ing stupid are people *not* to have a Stinger equipped. Seriously... not a single person has it. If you are that stupid, you deserve to lose that badly.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Motherfucker.

Was about to get a 4+ kill with a Predator Missile when it freezes mid-air - some other ass on the team got the kill... :lol

And I don't know if there are a whole lot of pussy gamers online today, but twice in a row when I was doing real good (WITH lag no less), the game stopped immediately, saying "Lost connection to host", no migration, nothing - like a group of the others on the other team all quit - yeesh.

Tek

Finally came across the Javelin glitch in HQ. I laughed at first until it just kept happening. It really kills the game.

I guess I'm too square, I know how to do the glitches, but I don't see a point. Why make a unbalanced game ever more off-kilter.

J-Rzez

Chrange said:
What bullshit though?
You keep talking about "horrid design" but that video is more about shitty players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdb0nqdyvY4&feature=channel

Linked the wrong one I believe or tag was changed. I meant to link this one, where these guys don't even "climb" animate up that yellow rail every time I see someone go up there. They just "run" up it, making it seem like a glitch. No other way to get up there either.

Horrible map design is like Favela, where there's just a bunch of buildings close to one another with windows everywhere, perfect for those guys running around with dual akimbo rangers/1887s. Unless they're dumb enough to go up on a roof, there's no place you'll really see them at range to kill them. And there's plenty of other maps with other horrid designs. Wasteland overall is terrible. Invasion is akimbo heaven along with that other indoor map. Terminal and Afghan are probably the only sound maps in the game, with Terminal being "OK".

That javelin glitch is getting out of control now too.

Pookaki said:
Third person? EEEEW

I wonder if there was a legitimate reason they stuck it in there. Its weird.

hey man the xp is pretty damn good per win, much better than your regular FPS deathmatches.

3 round demo I would get 3k per round.

J-Rzez said:

Linked the wrong one I believe or tag was changed. I meant to link this one, where these guys don't even "climb" animate up that yellow rail every time I see someone go up there. They just "run" up it, making it seem like a glitch. No other way to get up there either.

Like I said before. The Javelin can lock on to that rooftop. With danger close that would kill him AND destroy his tactical insertion. Not one person even threw a grenade up there.

If the other team was at all coordinated, that dude would have died.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Lionheart1827 said:
The akimbo rangers are pretty bullshit, too, not as much as the 1887s but jesus those things have some godamn range, too.
Yeah, I picked up a pair of them in the Wasteland bunker and killed about seven people in 30 seconds with ease. Still haven't seen the 1887s around, though.

vatstep said:
Yeah, I picked up a pair of them in the Wasteland bunker and killed about seven people in 30 seconds with ease. Still haven't seen the 1887s around, though.

That's cause those cunts dont die...

Lol - actually i picked them up once, they are fun as hell to use and the whole spin around re-load like arny in t2 is just badass...

It'll be fun to use them when I get to that point on a map like rust, and ninja running is fun sometimes, but I still have more fun battling normally so it's not for always.

Yea I just played around 10 games of HQ pro didn't see one Javelin glitcher or dude going in rocks or anything. I saw some knife dudes running at me and shot them dead in the face.

Besides the Javelin glitchers are DIEING when they do that, they aren't going on killstreaks getting air support or anything good for their team.

Az

Just had a 24 killstreak, twenty fucking four. Missed the nuke by 1, would've been my third.
fuck.

And why do I keep on getting matched with horrible teams. 99% of the games tonight I ended up being first and only one with a positive ratio.

Hazimov

IW seriously the nuke should be limited to "team death match".

It's unarguably the greatest bummer I've ever seen in a competitive fps game.

It's totally unfair to lose a match (while your score is 198/200) because someone of the opposing team didn't give a damn about the objective of the game and decided to camp'n'slaughter our team so he can use the freaking nuke....

IW ..... DO... SOMETHING!!!!GODDAMMIT!!

J-Rzez said:

Horrible map design is like Favela, where there's just a bunch of buildings close to one another with windows everywhere, perfect for those guys running around with dual akimbo rangers/1887s. Unless they're dumb enough to go up on a roof, there's no place you'll really see them at range to kill them. And there's plenty of other maps with other horrid designs. Wasteland overall is terrible. Invasion is akimbo heaven along with that other indoor map. Terminal and Afghan are probably the only sound maps in the game, with Terminal being "OK".

That javelin glitch is getting out of control now too.

Uh.. none of the videos you have linked shows anything terrible about the game design. The only thing it shows is terrible skill by the enemies. I have seen players on that rooftop on Highrise plenty of times yet they are never an issue. And the Terminal one.. really? They all climb up and go the wrong way. Not one of them can shoot a javelin or toss a grenade up there? :lol

As for Favela, to a certain extent I agree but I think the map design is fine. The only thing I agree with is that the shotguns are way too overpowered. That said you can still easily use the rooftops and range to your advantage.

Hazimov

Lionheart1827 said:
Haha great just got put in a room with a douchebag clan all sporting javelins and glitching. Douches.

I've filed complaint against some people who were javelining...

IW fix this too.

ZeroRay

Some wierd stuff happening today.

Got matched up in a domination on Fevela then all of a sudden, I'm in a FFA on Rust. The game ends as soon as I get in and the lobby turns out to be private. Needless to say, everyone was confused. :lol

Also the Marathon/Lightweight/Commando is a joke, I was able to knife three people in the back without being noticed and miraculously dodged some poor sod trying to knife me from behind and then promptly giving him a headshot after getting a good 20 feet away from him within seconds.

bdouble

Hazimov said:
IW seriously the nuke should be limited to "team death match".

It's unarguably the greatest bummer I've ever seen in a competitive fps game.

It's totally unfair to lose a match (while your score is 198/200) because someone of the opposing team didn't give a damn about the objective of the game and decided to camp'n'slaughter our team so he can use the freaking nuke....

IW ..... DO... SOMETHING!!!!GODDAMMIT!!
How about your team does something and kill the dude.

As for the camping on the top of Terminal god damn the other team sucked. No nade launchers, no semtex, no flash bangs give me a break. Hell most of the guys on the other team weren't even looking up there from the ground. I always check that spot when I'm running outside cause its like a freaking black hole. Everyone goes up there. Hell when they did go up there they just stood there or sat in the corner waiting to get knifed. Did they forget he was up there?

and yeah I'm not even signing in till the gliches get patched. Well that and AC2 is freaking amazing. I love the look of it (once I turned down the brightness and adjusted the TV settings. Thing is beautiful at night. Could run on rooftops forever just stabbing archers)

PS still love Favela. especially for Domination. Battling for B is just intense. I had a match with a few Gaffers and that thing was back and forth the whole time.

Man, the latency was killing me tonight. I kept getting killed from right in front of me despite my riot shield. Come to realize on the kill cam the guy had managed to get behind me despite that my view of him during play was totally different. Must've been nearly a full second of lag.

j-wood

Can someone tell me why you would play sabotage, but not try planting the bomb?

I just played a game and got the bomb and planted it using my ninja build, successfully defended it, and it exploded. I felt pretty awesome.

Then I got a message from some guy in the match saying "Fuk u don't plant the bomb! Poz"

I responded by saying "Then don't play sab you douche."

j-wood said:

I just played a game and got the bomb and planted it using my ninja build, successfully defended it, and it exploded. I felt pretty awesome.

Then I got a message from some guy in the match saying "Fuk u don't plant the bomb! Poz"

Because in the future, every mode is TDM.

j-wood said:

Sabotage is usually treated like a 20 minute TDM. I much prefer Demolition for my bomb-planting needs.

j-wood

LittleTokyo said:
Because in the future, every mode is TDM.

Man seriously, it sucks. Any gaffers want to play regularly on the ps3 verison? Add me, j-wood, and say from gaf in the message please. I'd like to play with some guys that actually try to do the objectives when playing those types of matches.

buy teh haloz said:
Sabotage is usually treated like a 20 minute TDM. I much prefer Demolition for my bomb-planting needs.

Demolition is borderline unplayable on some maps. It comes down to whoever gets to defend in overtime, wins.

ZZMitch

Well I unlocked the tactical knife on the M9 (Last stand ftw :D ) and I decided to give it a shot. A lot of people here were complaining about, but I could not see how a class like that could be awesome except on a map like Favela.

Well, um, shit. My first game I got 20 knife kills in the first 8 or so minutes, getting all the kills for commando pro. :lol I got to commando VI in 5 games (averaging 20 knife kills per game, in TDM). SMG + Marathon + Lightweight + Commando + Tactical Knife = crazy.

bdouble

j-wood said:
Man seriously, it sucks. Any gaffers want to play regularly on the ps3 verison? Add me, j-wood, and say from gaf in the message please. I'd like to play with some guys that actually try to do the objectives when playing those types of matches.
I need to add more people but I will add ya.

PSN=Superdave25. OPen to anything. I want to start playing more HC modes though. Usually play domination, tdm, and getting into demolition. CTF is fun though too.

rareside

Gamer @ Heart said:
24 hours worth of multiplayer and i have yet to play on Rust. I saw it come up once and was like "Whoa! new map!" and then the game was booted.

Seriously.... Is there a reason this map rarely comes up? I realize its size limits it to FFA skirmishes but it's usually a nice change of pace.

Narag

ZZMitch said:
Well I unlocked the tactical knife on the M9 (Last stand ftw :D ) and I decided to give it a shot. A lot of people here were complaining about, but I could not see how a class like that could be awesome except on a map like Favela.

Well, um, shit. My first game I got 20 knife kills in the first 8 or so minutes, getting all the kills for commando pro. :lol I got to commando VI in 5 games (averaging 20 knife kills per game, in TDM). SMG + Marathon + Lightweight + Commando + Tactical Knife = crazy.

Its way fun. I even feel good about it when I'm hunting down akimbo 1887 users. :lol

ZZMitch

Narag said:
Its way fun. I even feel good about it when I'm hunting down akimbo 1887 users. :lol

Ya... shotguns have been the only bane for me so far with the Tac knife... The only time I have come close to 1 k/d with tac knife (16-13) was on karachi because some guy was smart enough to run around with the autoshotty instead of just getting owned.

Gamer @ Heart said:
24 hours worth of multiplayer and i have yet to play on Rust. I saw it come up once and was like "Whoa! new map!" and then the game was booted.

Only time I saw that map was in Team Deathmatch Express. Took me by surprise the first time as well.

FourZeroTwo confirmed the Javelin glitch would be fixed in the first patch. Hasn't confirmed anything else for the patch or given a timetable for it.

9/11: The Joke said:
Holy shit is that javelin glitch is fun as hell. Before any one jumps down my throat you should try it and just see how much fun it is. It did fuck up mu K/D ratio but its worth it. In match the enemy team stopped killing me so I went around jumping up and down in front of them till they finally did kill me. The messages are fun aswelll.

Go die.

Cohsae

Fuck this shitty game and all the cunts that play it. I have never played anything as rage-inducing as a typical round of MW2. Life is too short for this bullshit.

Manus

Okay, this whole Javelin glitch is getting really old. Played a team with 4 dudes pulling it off. It's a game breaking glitch and it's annoying.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Cohsae said:
Fuck this shitty game and all the cunts that play it. I have never played anything as rage-inducing as a typical round of MW2. Life is too short for this bullshit.

This is all I ever hear my friends say while playing...and yet they continue to play anyway. :lol

I'm not touching it again until this shit actually gets fixed.

Just started single player, umm, can anyone explain the story, not really but I have no clue whats going on, Im just going to shot dudes in the face and finish this shit.

Cohsae

Papercuts said:
This is all I ever hear my friends say while playing...and yet they continue to play anyway. :lol

I'm not touching it again until this shit actually gets fixed.
If it wasn't for the fact that my friends are constantly sending me invites and harassing me into playing, this shit would be uninstalled.

Voltron64

9/11: The Joke said:
Holy shit is that javelin glitch is fun as hell. Before any one jumps down my throat you should try it and just see how much fun it is. It did fuck up mu K/D ratio but its worth it. In match the enemy team stopped killing me so I went around jumping up and down in front of them till they finally did kill me. The messages are fun aswelll.
mj.gif

Xevren

All I play is Mercenary TDM and I have yet to run into it, I play pretty casually though. I wonder how long until they get that first patch out anyway?

Mileena

Banned
Xevren said:
All I play is Mercenary TDM and I have yet to run into it, I play pretty casually though. I wonder how long until they get that first patch out anyway?
No wonder you don't have fun when you play.

Top Bottom