• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

VaLiancY

OldJadedGamer said:
Can someone tell me wtf this "glitch" is cause I've never seen it while playing Hardcore.

Mainly when you die it's an uber-Martyrdom. Equip "Danger Close" for more carnage/power/griefing.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Played my first night of Hardcore mode. So much more fun. Loved the pace of it.

And... I jumped into a free for all match afterwards to get the needed kills to level up my M16 and freakin rolled through the game. It felt SO much easier after playing Hardcore.

Love this game sometimes.

kuYuri

fps fanatic said:
Talk about lopsided matchmaking. Two back to back games of Domination tonight, one team full of people in their first, some second, Prestige level, and one of them was I believe a 67-69.

I was the highest rank on my team, and I was a 49 (now 50). The rest were 20s, 30s, maybe one person in the 40s. We got destroyed...

WTF is this? Thank god I haven't run into any glitchers (PS3) so far, but sometimes the matchmaking in this game is insane.

You have to keep in mind that it doesn't match based on rank/level, but rather an invisible ranking system that isn't seen by the player. It happens in the background.

But yeah, that sounds really one-sided.

johnFkennedy said:
It wasn't leaving. You can't shoot down an ac-130 with a javelin, I had it in my sights for 30 seconds. Never locked on

Strange. I know I ran into issues right before it was about to leave (up to ~30 seconds), but I was always using a stinger in those situations.

Done with MW2 until the Javelin bullshit is done away with. Tried to play two games tonight. Both games had at least two people on the other team doing it.

Adios for now.

I have one killstreak award left. What should I choose? Thus far I have UAV, Care Package, Predator Missile, Harrier Strike, Attack Helicopter, AC130 and Tactical Nuke.

Butane123

PetriP-TNT said:
Yeah, haven't seen much glitching on the ps3 version. Only stuff I have seen is some snipers tactically inserting themselves on highrise to places you shouldn't be able to go (on top of the buildings for example)
Those were actually made accessible on purpose.

Had a great domination game on Karachi tonight. We had scored about 160 to 170 points. When the other team got to 195, we were able to lock down all the positions and hold them to win the game. The other team was so mad when we got back into the lobby.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Graf Nudu said:
I have one killstreak award left. What should I choose? Thus far I have UAV, Care Package, Predator Missile, Harrier Strike, Attack Helicopter, AC130 and Tactical Nuke.

chopper gunner

literally 70%+ of all the people I played against tonight were using the javelin glitch, and atleast 20% were of the others were using akimbo 1887s....very close to putting this game on the shelf until some fixes get issued

OldJadedGamer said:
Can someone tell me wtf this "glitch" is cause I've never seen it while playing Hardcore.
If you ever see someone running up to you with the javelin on their shoulder just run the other way and hope nobody on your team shoots him when he is around you.

If you shoot him he will explode IMMEDIATELY upon death. The killcam shows him running toward you, die, and his javelin goes up into the air like 5 feet and detonates, killing everyone in a ~25 foot radius.

Its 10 times worse than martyrdom, at least with that you have a chance to escape before the weak (relatively speaking) grenade goes off.

Pookaki said:
If you ever see someone running up to you with the javelin on their shoulder just run the other way and hope nobody on your team shoots him when he is around you.

If you shoot him he will explode IMMEDIATELY upon death. The killcam shows him running toward you, die, and his javelin goes up into the air like 5 feet and detonates, killing everyone in a ~25 foot radius.

Its 10 times worse than martyrdom, at least with that you have a chance to escape before the weak (relatively speaking) grenade goes off.

But wouldn't it kill his team mates as well? Is this a regular team death match only problem?

Javelin glitch is pretty funny, and not extremely common. Played about 5 hours tonight and only encountered it two or three times. It can be frustrating at times, but it certainly doesn't break the game.

I tried it once by picking up a javelin off the ground and went on a three-kill knife streak before getting shot, resulting in a triple-kill:lol

SolidSquirrel said:
Javelin glitch is pretty funny, and not extremely common. Played about 5 hours tonight and only encountered it two or three times. It can be frustrating at times, but it certainly doesn't break the game.

I tried it once by picking up a javelin off the ground and went on a three-kill knife streak before getting shot, resulting in a triple-kill:lol

Read what the fuck you just typed and then try again because your current idea of "doesn't break the game" is way fucking off.

Aurora

Been doing the Jav glitch before it became common knowledge. I get a group of friends and we all go on a knife rampage then get multikills when we die. Haven't lost a single TDM in over 30 games.

Some of the most fun I've had in this game so screw the haters. The glitch never shows in Hardcore or S&D anyway.

EazyB

Banned
Aurora said:
Been doing the Jav glitch before it became common knowledge. I get a group of friends and we all go on a knife rampage then get multikills when we die. Haven't lost a single TDM in over 30 games.

Some of the most fun I've had in this game so screw the haters. The glitch never shows in Hardcore or S&D anyway.
Well as long as you're winning...

Aurora said:

I wish RROD on you!

Aurora said:

What about the people who just want to play the game without lame ass cheaters, who are shit so resort to glitching ?

Aurora

The guys I play with are all serious competitive players into their 2nd and 3rd Prestige and even they find it hilarious. In pre game lobbies if someone says they want to play serious then nobody will glitch. People are just doing this for fun, not in serious games. And anyway, this thing is so easy to counter so if someone tries to mess around in proper games everyone teams on them till they leave.

Aurora said:
The guys I play with are all serious competitive players into their 2nd and 3rd Prestige and even they find it hilarious. In pre game lobbies if someone says they want to play serious then nobody will glitch. People are just doing this for fun, not in serious games. And anyway, this thing is so easy to counter so if someone tries to mess around in proper games everyone teams on them till they leave.
The dumbest thing out of this stupid stupid post.:lol Serious games!

Anyway, I just encountered the Javelin glitch. Not fun. :(

Voltron64

Has anyone ever had some of their stats erased?? Yesterday I played for a few hours and I'm sure I unlocked the AC130 (trying to unlock the emblem) and used it about 5 times. I am also pretty positive I was level 26 on the 2nd prestige. Today I boot up the game and some of my classes seemed a little off from where I left off yesterday...anyway I got an 11 killstreak and it said Chopper Gunner standing by. I think for a sec...I was using the AC130 yesterday. After the game it said I had a new killstreak unlock available as I go decide what to unlock I see that the AC130 is still locked. I look at my rank and I'm a 22...WTF???

EazyB

Banned
Voltron64 said:
Has anyone ever had some of their stats erased?? Yesterday I played for a few hours and I'm sure I unlocked the AC130 (trying to unlock the emblem) and used it about 5 times. I am also pretty positive I was level 26 on the 2nd prestige. Today I boot up the game and some of my classes seemed a little off from where I left off yesterday...anyway I got an 11 killstreak and it said Chopper Gunner standing by. I think for a sec...I was using the AC130 yesterday. After the game it said I had a new killstreak unlock available as I go decide what to unlock I see that the AC130 is still locked. I look at my rank and I'm a 22...WTF???
jergrah said:
Uh-oh:

402 twitter-
If you're attempting to play #MW2 right now and stuck on "Updating ranks and unlocks..." when matchmaking, hold tight. Aware & addressing!

Update: An Xbox Live user rank storage database went down, they're working on getting it back up now. Your stats will be unaffected.

FYI repeated reconnect attempts MAY connect you to a new database with OLD data. That's not good. Don't play with old data, it'll overwrite

Edit:
Update (final): Getting reports we're back in business. Give it a spin and let me know how you fare.

jabipun

I don't know whats worse - the javelin glitch, or the fact that in every fucking forum, in every fucking modern warefare 2 thread everyone is always talking about the javelin glitch.

Anyway, just got this game - finished the single player on hardened.

game is awesome for it's narrative single player, multiplayer or not. thx k bye

PS: What happened to Ramirez though?

I mean, Allen dies at the Russian airport, Roach gets shot by Shepard, and you finish out the game with Soap - who lives at the end, but what about Ramirez - they totally left the whole D.C part open.

Voltron64

EazyB said:
ocimw.gif

That was 16 hours ago. Not fixed IW.

Ten-Song

Voltron64 said:
That was 16 hours ago. Not fixed IW.

Yeah, well, in case you didn't notice, the "not fixed" list is pretty damn big.

jabipun said:
I mean, Allen dies at the Russian airport, Roach gets shot by Shepard, and you finish out the game with Soap - who lives at the end, but what about Ramirez - they totally left the whole D.C part open.

I felt like Ramirez had no reason to be in the game at all. He's not involved in Shepard's wet work, and while it gives you a prospective on what's happening in America during the shit storm... what's actually happening in America never becomes relevant to what Price and Soap are doing. It was like an entire half of the game that went nowhere, and had no point...

I just want to say the Heartbeat Sensor (aka your 2nd radar) is ridiculously overpowered for a weapon attachment, the other people need to WASTE a perk just to not be SEEN on it, and they would have to waste their 2nd perk (choose cold blooded) to not be seen on the REGULAR RADAR. And to finally never be seen would have to weaken their weapon range by putting a silencer on it. Going completely stealth gimps your players setup way too much.

With my heartbeat sensor I basically get a warning saying someone is coming I can go prone or crouch and get a better angle and waste them as they are running around the corner. Also half the time it doesn't even matter if a dude has Ninja on because there teammates are RIGHT behind them letting me know people are coming! :lol

Nelo Ice

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:
I just want to say the Heartbeat Sensor (aka your 2nd radar) is ridiculously overpowered for a weapon attachment, the other people need to WASTE a perk just to not be SEEN on it, and they would have to waste their 2nd perk (choose cold blooded) to not be seen on the REGULAR RADAR. And to finally never be seen would have to weaken their weapon range by putting a silencer on it. Going completely stealth gimps your players setup way too much.

With my heartbeat sensor I basically get a warning saying someone is coming I can go prone or crouch and get a better angle and waste them as they are running around the corner. Also half the time it doesn't even matter if a dude has Ninja on because there teammates are RIGHT behind them letting me know people are coming! :lol

i do quite well going completely stealth...

Sielys said:
So, is it just me or is coldblooded amazing on pro rank? You wouldn't think that no name or red crosshairs makes that big of a difference, but it actually really stealthy...I've actually been mistaken for a dead body while lying prone with this perk, anyone else find this useful? Because everyone else I've talked to is convinced the pro rank is worthless...

Coldblooded Pro and Ninja Pro = Multiplayer Godmode. The people you've talked to are likely the same people I've walked up to on the battlefield and knifed, or put a .44 Mag shell point blank in their brain while they look at me. :D People easily forget which side they're fighting on after a few games and if you're not pew-pew-pewing at them and they don't see red they automatically assume you're an ally and you can get up close for the kill. A lot of players have a similar blind spot when there is a UAV up. They don't see you on the radar, so you're obviously not there lining up the barrel of your RPD to the back of their helmet and getting ready to add another headshot to the 40+ you've gathered in the past few days of gaming. :lol

Rikyfree

I'm surprised, with CoD using so many different soldiers, that IW hasn't had the player be a female soldier. Just a few tweaks: two knifes for a kill, faster and more agile, can't take as much damage. It is just interesting that they have not explored this avenue yet.

Edit: Single Player of course.

bdouble

xxjuicesxx said:

And your wasting a more useful weapon attachment or 1st tier perk to use HBS.
I'd say its pretty balanced. I do just fine with a silencer Ninja and cold blooded. I'd rather it just be me and my gun anyways.

Lince

Banned
plain English fix

on Javelin launch
check for player status
if player status reads dead cancel launch

3 lines of code which IW's "talents" could make fit into one for sure and release a hotfix in less than an hour if they really wanted to. Sometimes I wonder if not fixing the stuff is intentional, the game already has built-in autoaim and wallhack so why not a powerful self-destruct mode? more noobs having fun and it solves the problem of camping, everyone is out in the open running with javelins now ! thanks God for private matches.

What's the launcher that let's you free-launch across the map? It'll fire into the air and then come crashing down about 100m forward? I could have sworn it was the one that unlocks at 50ish but I can't figure this shit out.

Son of Godzilla said:
What's the launcher that let's you free-launch across the map? It'll fire into the air and then come crashing down about 100m forward? I could have sworn it was the one that unlocks at 50ish but I can't figure this shit out.
Javelin. You lock on anywhere and the missile will crash down.

DarkJC

Rikyfree said:
I'm surprised, with CoD using so many different soldiers, that IW hasn't had the player be a female soldier. Just a few tweaks: two knifes for a kill, faster and more agile, can't take as much damage. It is just interesting that they have not explored this avenue yet.

Edit: Single Player of course.

They've gotta save something for the obvious MW3 two years from now.

Why don't we get a few GAF games going until they fix this shit? I've added qite a few people from the Online thread, but no games have been suggested yet.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
So, the javelin glitch. What's the deal? Can't you just shoot them, you know, before they're right next to you?

Cohsae

ItsInMyVeins said:
So, the javelin glitch. What's the deal? Can't you just shoot them, you know, before they're right next to you?
"Next to you" isn't really an accurate description of how close they need to be

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Cohsae said:
"Next to you" isn't really an accurate description of how close they need to be

I almost never encounter people using javelin against anything but choppers and such, so I don't really have any idea of how strong it is. So yeah, I'm probably underestimating it :)

ItsInMyVeins said:

That's what I do, usually at mid-to-long range, then run for cover. The rocket almost acts like it's a heat seeker, it launches toward where you were.

X26

Banned
ItsInMyVeins said:

close quarters combat is a huge part of the game though, so it not easy to avoid gettign killed by it

ItsInMyVeins said:
OR even better, wait for them to get right up on you and throw a semtex on to them and run

Or plant a claymore right in-front of them (as most of them will just stand there with their javelin out waiting for you to make a move.

Top Bottom