• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

I cleaned up quite a few matches in free for all, netting me with atleast one match that went 35-5. Hell yea package glitch, hellz yeah!

STEALTH EDIT: I did this as a joke, but IW needs to fix this shit.

Cohsae

Ramirez said:
I'm astounded by the amount of people openly admitting to using the glitches in this thread, christ.
Bubububu they only did it because it was funny, so the other people are jerks but not them. No sir they are not part of the problem.

Rawk Hawk

Ramirez said:
I'm astounded by the amount of people openly admitting to using the glitches in this thread, christ.

Well using most people logic I hear on XBL for the Akimbo 1887's or Launchers, it's in the game right? I mean if they didn't want us using Jvdom they wouldn't have put it in.

Rawk Hawk

Rawk Hawk said:
What would MW do if we had a MW party of 12-16 members? Does it start to split the party up in rooms if you have too many?

Bumping question, anyone have any idea? I'd love to play with a room of Gafer's but would be more amusing if the stats counted for something.

A lot of times I'll be winning and all of a sudden the game lags and skips around go's to lobby and says Connection Server Interrupted, it doesn't pick a new host but it effectively gives me a loss and makes me lose my match bonus. I feel as if people are doing this on purpose to me and my friends.

mbmonk

Cohsae said:
Bubububu they only did it because it was funny, so the other people are jerks but not them. No sir they are not part of the problem.

Lol. I always had a similar thought about how people complain about 'other people' on XBL. They create a post calling people on XBL all kinds of horrible names, and then complain about how XBL is filled with bigots and racists... but it's never them. It's always the 'other guy' who is a simple minded douche. Strange how that works out.

mbmonk

xxjuicesxx said:
A lot of times I'll be winning and all of a sudden the game lags and skips around go's to lobby and says Connection Server Interrupted, it doesn't pick a new host but it effectively gives me a loss and makes me lose my match bonus. I feel as if people are doing this on purpose to me and my friends.

Drama Queen? It's all about YOU man!

just kidding :p

mbmonk said:
Drama Queen? It's all about YOU man!

just kidding :p

Haha I know I'm wondering if this is people messing with their internets to screw the winners over. Or if its just the game connection getting messed up as the game ends. I don't know if this is a CoD thing or not its my first CoD game.

Aurora

Dax01 said:
The dumbest thing out of this stupid stupid post.:lol Serious games!

Anyway, I just encountered the Javelin glitch. Not fun. :(
Extremely fun when everyone is in on it. And that's what I was talking about serious/non-serious games. If nobody is using it then it's a serious game i.e. nobody messing around.

Ten-Song said:
You have far too much faith in people.
As I said, if some people start glitching when everyone else is playing properly then we all team up and destroy them. The only time I use this glitch is if I'm in a big group of people fooling around with it.

Fyrus said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MoSfgXnRDM
Is this just the Javelin glitch applied to the RPG? :lol

Game needs a patch :(
Yeah it is :lol stays there until the end of the match too.

But yeah, definite drama queens in here. For one there are many game modes where this glitch never occurs. Secondly it's not that common and you can quite easily leave a game if people are doing it. And thirdly it's very easy to counter.

I find noob tubers/1887s infinitely more annoying because there is little to nothing you can do to counter them.

Rawk Hawk

DRE Fei said:
I guess if you love to grief, you now have at least 5 loadouts to choose from:

Akimbo 1887/ranger class
Tac Knife/speed class
Noobtube class
Riot shield/bullet sponge class
Javelin glitch/suicide bomber class

Is there anything else that I'm missing? There has to be some other LOL setup out there that I haven't seen yet.

I understand that testers can't possibly find every single glitch, but that javelin shit is insane. It's basically a slightly smaller predator missile explosion. I haven't run into many people using the glitch but as soon as the typical xbox live douches find out about it, you might as well quit the game. Things haven't gotten completely out of control yet, but hopefully they'll patch it sooner rather than later.

So the unbalanced Shotguns, the Noobtube, the olympic speed knifer and Jvdom glitch, all likely need changing or small editting at the very least. How does the Riot Shield make this list? I use it here and there, regularly go 2-15 with it on, although it helps the team a lot. Guess I don't see how it gets grouped with the overpowered set ups that most people would love to see fixed.

Well just came across Javelin Glitch thinger for the first time gamertag was SK Jono. Its kind of annoying and hopefully gets fixed but its not gamebreaking hell it doesn't even win games. Team Deathmatch on Karachi he went 29 and 31 I went 28 and 10.

A few times I killed him a missile basically came at me and I died, there wasn't shit I could do about that, but the majority of times I was able to take him down safely from a distance.

See all I ever played online were MMORPG's and the battlefield PC games, for both of those I used text chat or clan ventrillo, as far as console gaming I have a 360 but never wanted to pay for Live so I never played it online. I played the heck out of KZ2, Warhawk, CoD4, RFOM 1/2 and other assorted PS3 games tho, and in no way has it been as bad as what Im dealing with now..
You may think Im talking about "glitchers" and people using 1887's and Tact Knife, but Im not, yes those people are a pain but not my real big issue.
My issue is constant, every night, mutiple, racial attacks/slurs in MW2.

Im a white dude but my nightly party consist of 15 people were me and 3 other guy are the only white guys, the other 12 friends I play with are black guys. Every single night 1 out of 5 lobbies we join as soon as one of them talk and there voices are determined to be black I guess the attacks start flying. Sure we all mute, or at least I do asap but I feel terrible cause I sometimes my friends mute, sometimes it throws them into a rage.
I tell them to mute, but I can understand repeated nightly racial attacks can be frustrating when your just trying to have a good time. Worse of all one is like a brother to me, so it grinds me down too.

I find it disgusting how theres an almost 100% lack of sportmanship or friendly banter between players, yet racial attacks and general hate are common place. I myself always say "good game" or compliment opposing/team players and yet I feel like Im the only fool that does it, yet it doesnt take much to push a person to spew racial hate or even a random flood of foul language.

And to top it off, the craziest thing about these online racist...its not even exclusive to white guys. Its actually split between white guys and Latino guys equally attacking every black guy I play with or that happens to be in the room every single night.
Being that we are from the East Coast and play 1AM+ I suspect its due to playing in a West Coast prime playing time and I believe theres a higher population of Latino players in the Cali/Arizona/Nev. etc.. region.

I dont get if these people get a kick out it and love to spew the stuff they are to scared to say in there daily lives or if these people just feed off of hurting others. But as a white guy from Jersey I will say, black guys have the most class of any gamers Ive met.
They regulary laugh with you, compliment you, play legit, and through all of this have to maintain nightly attacks. Oddly this is why my friendslist and party is composed of 90% Black dudes from 15--->40+.
But all in all it makes me sad to listen and see that a large part of white and latino gamers are spewing racist remarks or just overall rude and obnoxious.
Sorry for the rant.

Aurora

Rawk Hawk said:
So the unbalanced Shotguns, the Noobtube, the olympic speed knifer and Jvdom glitch, all likely need changing or small editting at the very least. How does the Riot Shield make this list? I use it here and there, regularly go 2-15 with it on, although it helps the team a lot. Guess I don't see how it gets grouped with the overpowered set ups that most people would love to see fixed.
It is way overpowered on certain objective games like Headquarters. I've often singlehandedly captured and defended points by using the Riot Shield well. It's very difficult for the enemy to do anything when I'm crouched in a corner and my teammates are camping the parameter. It's not broken in terms of k/d potential but it makes for an infuriating game for the opposition - pretty much shutting down any chance they have of winning if you know what you're doing

yeah, the jave-dom glitchers are mostly just a nuisance, I only really took issue with it in a FFA game on Rust where more than half the team was doing it. Of course, I still finished second with 20 and 10, while many others on the team went negative and had over 20 deaths.

On long range maps, they simply look like idiots and are actually hurting themselves by making themselves defenseless.

LowParry

I don't mind the glitches. But when they are present in every fucking match I play, that gets annoying. No, I don't want to play other modes. Fuck that.

Hawk SE

Well I've been doing good lately, unlocked the Nuke.

In about 2 or 3 matches I was within 1-2 kills (using Hardline) to get the Nuke, sooooo close...

It'll happen soon, I can feel it!

Pkm said:
See all I ever played online were MMORPG's and the battlefield PC games, for both of those I used text chat or clan ventrillo, as far as console gaming I have a 360 but never wanted to pay for Live so I never played it online. I played the heck out of KZ2, Warhawk, CoD4, RFOM 1/2 and other assorted PS3 games tho, and in no way has it been as bad as what Im dealing with now..
You may think Im talking about "glitchers" and people using 1887's and Tact Knife, but Im not, yes those people are a pain but not my real big issue.

Im a white dude but my nightly party consist of 15 people were me and 3 other guy are the only white guys, the other 12 friends I play with are black guys. Every single night 1 out of 5 lobbies we join as soon as one of them talk and there voices are determined to be black I guess the attacks start flying. Sure we all mute, or at least I do asap but I feel terrible cause I sometimes my friends mute, sometimes it throws them into a rage.
I tell them to mute, but I can understand repeated nightly racial attacks can be frustrating when your just trying to have a good time. Worse of all one is like a brother to me, so it grinds me down too.

I find it disgusting how theres an almost 100% lack of sportmanship or friendly banter between players, yet racial attacks and general hate are common place. I myself always say "good game" or compliment opposing/team players and yet I feel like Im the only fool that does it, yet it doesnt take much to push a person to spew racial hate or even a random flood of foul language.

And to top it off, the craziest thing about these online racist...its not even exclusive to white guys. Its actually split between white guys and Latino guys equally attacking every black guy I play with or that happens to be in the room every single night.
Being that we are from the East Coast and play 1AM+ I suspect its due to playing in a West Coast prime playing time and I believe theres a higher population of Latino players in the Cali/Arizona/Nev. etc.. region.

I dont get if these people get a kick out it and love to spew the stuff they are to scared to say in there daily lives or if these people just feed off of hurting others. But as a white guy from Jersey I will say, black guys have the most class of any gamers Ive met.
They regulary laugh with you, compliment you, play legit, and through all of this have to maintain nightly attacks. Oddly this is why my friendslist and party is composed of 90% Black dudes from 15--->40+.
But all in all it makes me sad to listen and see that a large part of white and latino gamers are spewing racist remarks or just overall rude and obnoxious.
Sorry for the rant.

Make your voice/chat friends only. It blew my mind just how often I came across racist remarks when I played solo. If there was someone that sounded black or hispanic, almost always there were racial attacks that followed. Yeah you don't get to communicate with your team in the objective modes, but its not like anyone gives a shit about the objectives or attempts to use teamwork anyway.

The lowest, dumbest, most ignorant scum of the earth play these kinds of games on XBL. You will need to block them out or lose your mind in the process.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Pkm said:

Sorry for the rant.

I think that the issue is that a game like MW2 attracts a certain kid of gamer. Aggressive, looking for excitement, etc. A portion of these gamers are idiots. Idiots who think that throwing out racial slurs is tough, macho or cool. Generally an asshole who thinks that talking shit on a plastic mic makes them cool. It does make for a fucked up time. But unfortunately it comes with the territory when you can hide behind a gamertag or PSN name. Blocking them does help weed them out though.

I generally have my headset on, and if the conversation is okay, I will listen. If not, and I am not playing with friends, I put the headset down. Having your privacy settings to friends only will work as well. That is if you are always playing with friends.

dskillzhtown said:
I think that the issue is that a game like MW2 attracts a certain kid of gamer. Aggressive, looking for excitement, etc. A portion of these gamers are idiots. Idiots who think that throwing out racial slurs is tough, macho or cool. Generally an asshole who thinks that talking shit on a plastic mic makes them cool. It does make for a fucked up time. But unfortunately it comes with the territory when you can hide behind a gamertag or PSN name. Blocking them does help weed them out though.

I guess the agression and excitement of an FPS does attract this people, but this never was even a thought in KZ2, RFOM, or Warhawk. Heck I met almost all of my friends list in those games and we never ever had to deal with this day in and day out, at the most maybe once a month. Im guessing maybe its due to the high sales making the odds much much higher for these encounters.

But besides that the community compared to past shooters Ive played on PSN is just down right horrible. All the jokes Ive heard over the last few years like "Xbox Live is full or racist/sexist 12 yr olds" I feel like I can understand in 3 weeks of MW2 on PSN.
Nobody is social, friendly, up to relay info to help the team etc... almost every pub player is rude and totally void of social skills.

And like the poster before you said about muting all but party/friends, I do mute when one of the morons starts the spew but I feel like I want to keep my mic on due to the off chance a cool pubber stumbles in and helps communicate with me to help us win or just likes to have a laugh. I myself dont want to destroy any chance of of the games social/tactical aspect...but maybe with MW2 I'll have too ;(

Rawk Hawk

Aurora said:
It is way overpowered on certain objective games like Headquarters. I've often singlehandedly captured and defended points by using the Riot Shield well. It's very difficult for the enemy to do anything when I'm crouched in a corner and my teammates are camping the parameter. It's not broken in terms of k/d potential but it makes for an infuriating game for the opposition - pretty much shutting down any chance they have of winning if you know what you're doing

True, it can be fairly good in situations, Sabotage, if you have a riot shield and plant the bomb, you likely win. It takes them longer to deal with you near the defuse point. But at the same time I think the class is still balanced. Not to mention if you start using one, the other team usually grabs launchers to counter, which is fine I think this is a situation where the GL should be used.

But I've never heard anyone complain about the other team using Riot Shields like GL's/Jvdom/Akimbo Shotguns/Knifers. So I was just thrown off when it was brought up.

Pkm said:
I guess the agression and excitement of an FPS does attract this people, but this never was even a thought in KZ2, RFOM, or Warhawk. Heck I met almost all of my friends list in those games and we never ever had to deal with this day in and day out, at the most maybe once a month. Im guessing maybe its due to the high sales making the odds much much higher for these encounters.

But besides that the community compared to past shooters Ive played on PSN is just down right horrible. All the jokes Ive heard over the last few years like "Xbox Live is full or racist/sexist 12 yr olds" I feel like I can understand in 3 weeks of MW2 on PSN.
Nobody is social, friendly, up to relay info to help the team etc... almost every pub player is rude and totally void of social skills.

And like the poster before you said about muting all but party/friends, I do mute when one of the morons starts the spew but I feel like I want to keep my mic on due to the off chance a cool pubber stumbles in and helps communicate with me to help us win or just likes to have a laugh. I myself dont want to destroy any chance of of the games social/tactical aspect...but maybe with MW2 I'll have too ;(

CoD and Halo do attract that sort of person. That said, I had nothing but good experiences with Burnout Paradise back in the day (I'll be honest - I really miss the days when you could always find a good freeburn). I once spent all day cruising around Big Surf Island with random people, playing Stunt Runs, challenges, and Marked Mans, all while having totally civil discussions. If only all games on XBL could be like that.

Rawk Hawk said:
True, it can be fairly good in situations, Sabotage, if you have a riot shield and plant the bomb, you likely win. It takes them longer to deal with you near the defuse point. But at the same time I think the class is still balanced. Not to mention if you start using one, the other team usually grabs launchers to counter, which is fine I think this is a situation where the GL should be used.

But I've never heard anyone complain about the other team using Riot Shields like GL's/Jvdom/Akimbo Shotguns/Knifers. So I was just thrown off when it was brought up.

That's because Riot Shields are in no way overpowered or off-balance. They are perfectly balanced IMO; maybe even a little underpowered (I don't think your feet should be vulnerable while crouch-walking).

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Pkm said:

Well...the XBL community is much bigger than the PSN one. So you are going to get alot more of everything really. Also the fact that EVERYONE on XBL has a headset gives everyone a voice. When I play PSN titles, I rarely have a headset/bluetooth running.

The best way to get a good game going is when you do find a good player, immeditely send him a friend request. That way you can have a good core of people to play with who aren't idiots. With all that said, I have played otehr types of games on XBL and run into mostly friendly people. This type of game attracts the worst of the crowd.

ToyMachine228 said:
They may not be DLC, they could be modes they just decided to cut. Or maybe they will add them in a patch, or DLC, who knows. I was hoping to see maps at that link though.

Or they're just built-in playlists that they can flip on or off. They've talked many times about mixing up playlists on the fly.

Hawk SE

divisionbyzorro said:
That's because Riot Shields are in no way overpowered or off-balance. They are perfectly balanced IMO; maybe even a little underpowered (I don't think your feet should be vulnerable while crouch-walking).

Can you go pron with the Riot Shield? I've never tried.

I would think it's benefits are not being able to shoot your feet, but your length would be long enough that a semtex could go over and be at your feet or something like that.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Hawk xSx said:
Can you go pron with the Riot Shield? I've never tried.

I would think it's benefits are not being able to shoot your feet, but your length would be long enough that a semtex could go over and be at your feet or something like that.

No.

GodofWine

There is simply no way that this franchise remains the top of the FPS for much longer based on this game.

There is SOOO much is doesn't do compared to other games now (vehicles / destruction / properly made objects in game you can climb (not just the ones IW decided to let you climb), falling level of realism...)

Its fun...but its stale, and this is not much different than COD4/WAW...and if anything, the bump in graphics has only increased lag.

oh, and 9v9? really? 12v12 is the new minimum as I see it...hell, we got 128v128 in the making now...so 4v4 / 8v8 with lag is looking amateurish.

Controls are fucking awsome though, really, all other Fps need to copy this games controls to the detail

LittleTokyo said:
Demolition is borderline unplayable on some maps. It comes down to whoever gets to defend in overtime, wins.
Same goes for Sabotage. I've had OT in the majority of games, and -- if you didn't know -- if you lose in overtime, you get about a third of the points you would have for just straight losing in the last few seconds of the game.

98hvgl.jpg

Sabotage can kiss my ass!

divisionbyzorro said:
Overpowered, no, but useless... I keep running into these stupid things in the worst places. Terminal? Really? Like I'm not going to flank and stab you?

I wish you could've been there in Wasteland to see the guy hunkered up in the corner of a bunker just absorbing bullets. Eventually everyone just ignored him, because it was a pain to draw him out and he wasn't much of a threat with his f'ing shield, now was he?

Hyunkel6

Rawk Hawk said:
So the unbalanced Shotguns, the Noobtube, the olympic speed knifer and Jvdom glitch, all likely need changing or small editting at the very least.

I don't think the knife class is a glitch. Most people who use it will try to flank you, which is perfectly legitimate. And those who don't usually blindly rush at you from a mile away.

Rawk Hawk

divisionbyzorro said:

Agreed, not to mention after seeing some killcams I've clearly be shot straight through the shield before.

Rawk Hawk

Hyunkel6 said:
I don't think the knife class is a glitch. Most people who use it will try to flank you, which is perfectly legitimate. And those who don't usually blindly rush at you from a mile away.

Oh it's not that it's a glitch. But when you have guys with a marathon/lightweight/commando/pistol w/ tactical knife running around. The standard lag of any online games makes them almost unbeatable in lots of maps. Basically you see them round a coner and start shooting at them, but you die because on their screen they have already stabbed you before he even turned the corner on yours.

I don't think it's glitching, I just think its overpowered.

Hyunkel6 said:
Agreed. And as far as the noobtube goes... you don't often get killed by them, they're a notoriously sloppy weapon, and the name says it all. But on wasteland, I'll equip Danger Close, Scavenger, with a noobtube and frags and make the underground unlivable.

Risette

A Good Citizen
The RPD is insanely good :eek: I prestiged and figured that I try it out since it was one of my favorites in CoD4... Got Chopper Gunner before my first death, and an AC130 in my care package. :D

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
So I'm watching a show about animals near Chernobyl, and for one bit they went to the town of Pripyat. You guys might remember this town as the one from the mission All Ghillied Up in Modern Warfare 1.

Anyways, IW did an incredible job recreating that town from what I can see. Right down to the abandoned Ferris Wheel in a big 'cement' field behind the apartment buildings. Just kinda cool and I thought you guys might wanna know that. :)

===

I finally got my ps3 up and online so that I can start playing these games on there. Played a little bit last night and it actually does a pretty good job of not pairing n00bs like myself up with people that are already seasoned vets. I was playing one map where time was running out and we didn't think we'd have enough points to get the legit victory. I didn't have a single kill (still playing around with new stuff and short timer) and then some guy that was just tearing up my team was hiding. I lurked up behind him and knifed his bitchass. It was awesome... people were like "This guys ONE kill won the game. Badass!" :lol

I haven't played online FPSs since Socom 2 for my ps2 so it's kinda refreshing to go back and screw around with this stuff again.

Top Bottom