• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Rawk Hawk said:
The care package marker my not be glitching, as in jvdom is, but it's clearly not legit. I see no reason my 30 lbs of equipment becomes lighter just because I pull out a marker. Or is that too logical for IW?

It's less that it became lighter and more that you're not holding it. Try running with 10 pounds in your hand versus 10 pounds on your back...

Okay, so it shouldn't be necessarily quite so fast, but in terms of game balance, I don't think it's broken because you have to give up all of your range to pull it off. With the tactical knife, you still have a pistol out for some semblance of ranged combat. With the care package marker, you've got nothing.

if you have an LMG you still run the same speed if you switch to a secondary thats a pistol.

really haven't seen any of those glitches in HCTDM. Aside from akimbo 1887 users who camp in rooms where my dumbass team mates would run into over and over again.

Cerrius said:
Never said it was a glitch.

Other people have. I wasn't referring to you.

Cerrius said:
I think some in this thread are getting a bit defensive on the numerous glitches and balancing exploits that have been found in MW2.

No need to get upset guys, it is what it is. When you have millions of kiddos trying to break a game, they will do it. No QA/dev team is going to find every glitch/balancing exploit.

As I've said before, Infinity Ward is a AAA studio and they'll take care of these issues. No worries.

I'm not getting defensive at all. I'm just worried a bunch of people are going to call out a legitimate way to play the game and cause "balancing" that shouldn't happen. That poster earlier who was complaining about the shield for example. It's also reminding me of CoD 4, how everyone would complain about "glitchers" who just accessed difficult to reach areas of the map in legitimate ways.

Rawk Hawk said:
The care package marker my not be glitching, as in jvdom is, but it's clearly not legit. I see no reason my 30 lbs of equipment becomes lighter just because I pull out a marker. Or is that too logical for IW?

Your equipment gets "lighter" because they are holstered, I'm guessing it will work with your other equipment as well. It does go a little extreme in the game though.

ExtraKr1spy said:
if you have an LMG you still run the same speed if you switch to a secondary thats a pistol.

Really? It seems like I'm moving faster, but not by much.

Fugu

Movement speed is determined entirely by the mobility of your weapon equipped. Markers happen to be the lightest thing you can equip. A glitch? No, just multiplication.

pringles

DeuceMojo said:
First time I saw a Javelin used I was standing around trying to sight people in Afghan. And I wondered what fssshhHHHHHHGHSFHSHF sound was. And then I died. Twice. :lol

Killcam sure was cool-looking though. Like the guy had his own Predator.
Once on Invasion I was standing over in that corner of the map where there's a patch of grass, by the water, looking towards that gas station on the other side of the map.
All of a sudden I exploded and went "WTF".
On the killcam I see a guy aiming for a chopper with the javelin. He's standing in the opposite corner of the map, below that roof with the sandbags. The chopper is pretty much right above me. You can probably figure out the rest. His javelin rocket misses it's intended target, the chopper, and hits me right in the head. Without a doubt the most insane killcam I've experienced so far.

Lince

Banned
Fugu said:
Movement speed is determined entirely by the mobility of your weapon equipped. Markers happen to be the lightest thing you can equip. A glitch? No, just multiplication.

but when equipped with the marker you still carry weapons right? do they magically disappear from your equipment? no, movement speed should be determined by the equipment you carry on.

TimeLike

Just had a crazy stupid death on Highrise. Apparently unexploded grenades launched from an Assault Rifle are programmed to kill anyone they touch no matter what.

I watched the killcam and this guy shot a grenade at my teammate. It missed him, bounced on some obstacles, hit the ground, and slowly rolled to a stop right against my riot shield protected big toe. And it killed me. Stupid.

Rawk Hawk

divisionbyzorro said:
It's less that it became lighter and more that you're not holding it. Try running with 10 pounds in your hand versus 10 pounds on your back...

Okay, so it shouldn't be necessarily quite so fast, but in terms of game balance, I don't think it's broken because you have to give up all of your range to pull it off. With the tactical knife, you still have a pistol out for some semblance of ranged combat. With the care package marker, you've got nothing.

Tkawsome said:
Your equipment gets "lighter" because they are holstered, I'm guessing it will work with your other equipment as well. It does go a little extreme in the game though.

Fair enough, but I think it's a little bit over the top. Regardless we'll see what the developers had in mind when the first patches come out, if they truthfully think holding a care package marker should increase speed, they won't change it.

UFRA

Fugu said:

Don't you mean "manipulation"? :lol :lol

First time I used the Javelin was on wasteland and I was grinning when it locked on a I fired it. a few seconds later 4 of my teammates were dead :/

How does the lock on work? is just locking on to whatever you see or some other method?

I'm pretty sure the care package is intentionally made to make you faster, so that when you get it you will be able to quickly remove yourself from the fight. The problem, of course, is that IW probably didnt anticipate people not calling them in and using them for steroids instead.

UFRA

ExtraKr1spy said:
First time I used the Javelin was on wasteland and I was grinning when it locked on a I fired it. a few seconds later 4 of my teammates were dead :/

How does the lock on work? is just locking on to whatever you see or some other method?

It's "location" lock-on. Nothing specific, you can just target a certain part of the ground if you like.

Seep said:
Just logged on and MW2 has an update, 360. anybody know if they fixed the dual shotty shit?
I'll gladly take dual shotties to the face for eternity, just give us the javelin fix.

Anyone confirm a title update?

Rawk Hawk

For the Javelin, is it less effective on airplanes/choppers? I suppose it would have to be, otherwise it would trump the Stinger since you can kill people as well as planes. But how much of a difference are they on air support?

TimeLike said:
Just had a crazy stupid death on Highrise. Apparently unexploded grenades launched from an Assault Rifle are programmed to kill anyone they touch no matter what.

I watched the killcam and this guy shot a grenade at my teammate. It missed him, bounced on some obstacles, hit the ground, and slowly rolled to a stop right against my riot shield protected big toe. And it killed me. Stupid.
It's the game's karmic payback to riot shield users. :D

Although I think I have done a "bounce pass" by shooting a grenade short-range a few sheet short of my opponent and having it ricochet and then rip his lungs out.

I think though your riot shield has some odd properties. Ever see the loading screen where it says "bullets can ricochet off riot shields AND KILL!!!!" ? I think that grenade touched your riot shield and suddenly believed it had been fired from 50 yards away.

Fugu

UFRA said:
Don't you mean "manipulation"? :lol :lol
No. Your movement speed is multiplied by the weapon's multiplier and by your perks.

Lince said:
but when equipped with the marker you still carry weapons right? do they magically disappear from your equipment? no, movement speed should be determined by the equipment you carry on.
Fair enough, but that doesn't make the fact that marker increases your speed a lot a glitch.

Rawk Hawk said:
For the Javelin, is it less effective on airplanes/choppers? I suppose it would have to be, otherwise it would trump the Stinger since you can kill people as well as planes. But how much of a difference are they on air support?
I imagine plenty of difference, 'cause I've taken down around 100 aircraft with one shot from the Stinger. Can't beat it. I always keep a class equipped with it.

EazyB

Banned
i used the care package knife class for every match last night. glitch, exploit, whatever you want to call it; its broken. not that is the best for ones k/d but i didnt deserve the kills i did get. breaks ctf completely.

Rawk Hawk said:
Javelin is more powerful than the stinger. One javelin can take down a pavelow. It takes more than one stinger. You cant dumbfire the javelin. The situations where you want to shoot a rocket down a hallway or into a window are built for the stinger/RPG.

The javelin takes 4 or so seconds to lock, and then another 5 or 6 for the rocket to complete its massive arc and slam into whatever it was locked onto.

Lince

Banned
Fugu said:
Fair enough, but that doesn't make the fact that marker increases your speed a lot a glitch.

it's not a glitch to me, it's intended for quickly go outside staying out of trouble and call for the care package, but kids these days are way smarter than QA teams. It can break modes like CTF though.

Rawk Hawk

DeuceMojo said:
I imagine plenty of difference, 'cause I've taken down around 100 aircraft with one shot from the Stinger. Can't beat it. I always keep a class equipped with it.

I normally have one class with it, and I've started to take after you. Although I don't cook a grenade to die, I normally just become reckless when I hear something incoming. When I die shortly there after, I swap classes and blast it down.

Pookaki said:
Javelin is more powerful than the stinger. One javelin can take down a pavelow. It takes more than one stinger. You cant dumbfire the javelin. The situations where you want to shoot a rocket down a hallway or into a window are built for the stinger/RPG.

The javelin takes 4 or so seconds to lock, and then another 5 or 6 for the rocket to complete its massive arc and slam into whatever it was locked onto.
So the javelin is better for taking down enemy aircraft? Is it possible to destroy a stealth bomber?

Rawk Hawk

Pookaki said:

Interesting, how does the RPG fit in? I haven't even unlocked it yet, but just curious.

pringles

Pookaki said:

Stinger is anti-aircraft only. It can't fire down hallways or into windows, unless there's a chopper or airplane in said hallway or window.

butts

Movement speed is dictated by your primary weapon not? I tried a knife build with the shield as primary but even switching to the tactical knife I moved like a damn turtle.

The Lamonster said:
So the javelin is better for taking down enemy aircraft? Is it possible to destroy a stealth bomber?
Glitch aside, the javelin is definitely more suited to be an anti-air weapon. Sure, you can sometimes get lucky and lock onto a building or car or something and get a random kill or two, but its much less likely. Not sure about the stealth bomber.

Rawk Hawk said:
Interesting, how does the RPG fit in? I haven't even unlocked it yet, but just curious.
The RPG has more ammunition than the stinger. and the RPG cant lock onto anything. Its more suited for the quick shot down a hallway. You can still take out aircraft with it. You just need to be a good shot.

EDIT:
pringles said:
Stinger is anti-aircraft only. It can't fire down hallways or into windows, unless there's a chopper or airplane in said hallway or window.
Thanks for the correction. :)

The Lamonster said:

probably not. I assume its similar to the C130 emergency airdrop which you can't lock onto with the stinger or AT4. But it might be possible if you and your teammates shoot multiple AT4's/RPG's onto the stealth bombers flight path and they hit just as it flies over the area.

Pookaki said:
Javelin is more powerful than the stinger. One javelin can take down a pavelow. It takes more than one stinger. You cant dumbfire the javelin.

This is definitely suspect. Maybe it's my Cold Blooded Pro or something else, but all Pavelows have fallen with one Stinger from my launcher.

Rainy Dog

Sielys said:
I can't test this class out right now, but I have a question.

If I used an M21 EBR w/ silencer and coldblooded, would it still be a 2 hit kill, or would it be up to 3 bullets per a kill now? I'd like a really stealthy sniping class, but I don't know if its viable. Might just have to stick with stopping power.

Yep, always 2 hit kills with a silencer and Cold Blooded. No more, no less, regardless of where you hit. None of the snipers one-hit kill with that combo outside of Hardcore modes which makes the M21 the best choice for this set-up due to it's low recoil and ability to spam off quick successive shots with decent accuracy.

Pookaki said:
Javelin is more powerful than the stinger. One javelin can take down a pavelow. It takes more than one stinger. You cant dumbfire the javelin.

This is definitely suspect. Maybe it's my Cold Blooded Pro or something else, but all Pavelows have fallen with one Stinger from my launcher.

I've never killed a Pave Low with one Stinger. The Pave Low always shoots out flares to screw up the first Stinger.

butts said:
Movement speed is dictated by your primary weapon not? I tried a knife build with the shield as primary but even switching to the tactical knife I moved like a damn turtle.

Yep. Movement speed is lowered depending on your primary weapon, and that effect is always active. So if you have an LMG or a shield, you will move very slow, whereas sniper/smg gives max mobility. Secondary has no impact on your movement speed, as far as I can tell. You move just as fast with a javelin as a pistol.

DeuceMojo said:
Stopping Power Pro is the one that adds damage to vehicles.

Weenerz

Banned
Fun fact about the Javelin glitch, you can still set it off if you are out of Javelin ammo. So you are free to down that chopper or harrier before blowing yourself up.

AnEternalEnigma said:
I've never killed a Pave Low with one Stinger. The Pave Low always shoots out flares to screw up the first Stinger.
I've definitely seen this. Flares tend to be ineffective/nonexistent when I'm directly under the vehicle, which is most of the time. It might (?) also help that no vehicles can see me, save for maybe a chopper gunner or AC-130.

And those two, btw, are the only aircraft that I haven't consistently taken down with one shot. (did it one time only with the chopper gunner, never with the AC)

Lince

Banned
DeuceMojo said:

yeah same here, the first stinger almost never hits as flares go out, but a quick reload and the second one blows whatever is flying out of the sky. On a side note I took down a Harrier and a chopper the other day just by using the SCAR with the FMJ attachment (with Scavenger Pro of course). It felt so nice, I wonder why people never try to shoot them down while on cover if they don't have an RPG ready.

edit: I guess I was using Stopping power Pro

Rawk Hawk

DeuceMojo said:
I've definitely seen this. Flares tend to be ineffective/nonexistent when I'm directly under the vehicle, which is most of the time. It might (?) also help that no vehicles can see me, save for maybe a chopper gunner or AC-130.

And those two, btw, are the only aircraft that I haven't consistently taken down with one shot. (did it one time only with the chopper gunner, never with the AC)

It's possible people are shooting at it to weaken it up before you shoot a stinger? I was under the impression that the Pave Low was more than a one shot kill, which is why it was better than the attack chopper.

DeuceMojo said:
Someone must have hit it with a stinger before you, or someone was shooting it with their gun. Also could have had danger close/stopping power pro. One direct hit on a fresh pavelow with a stinger without perks will not down it.

Fugu

Lince said:
yeah same here, the first stinger almost never hits as flares go out, but a quick reload and the second one blows whatever is flying out of the sky. On a side note I took down a Harrier and a chopper the other day just by using the SCAR with the FMJ attachment (with Scavenger Pro of course). It felt so nice, I wonder why people never try to shoot them down while on cover if they don't have an RPG ready.

edit: I guess I was using Stopping power Pro
My GOD the people piloting the aircrafts you're shooting down are dense (at least for the chopper gunner).

I want to know why the goddamn Harrier is never consistent. 75% of the time, it goes down with one Stinger, but sometimes, I can shoot two or three at it and they just magically fly on by it.

Little something I found:

An EMP will not disable a nuke if the person has already started the nuke countdown. Bummer.

The nuke cant be thrown out while under the effects on an EMP (just like any other killstreak reward)

:|

So i got a 360 and this to play with my friends, and for fuck sake........

Do people not SHUT THE FUCK UP ?

Seems british kiddies are now calling everyone faggots, fat fuck greasy chain wearing ethugs sayin "ow theyl smack sum1 out" cus they killed em and general lets all talk at the same time so nothing makes any sense.

Thanks IW for not letting me party chat with my friends either unless in ground war, where the matchmaking falls flat on its arse and puts us in different games.

Got a damn headache after listening to those morons......... i can see myself muting damn near everyone in the future.

Top Bottom