• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Ogs said:
So i got a 360 and this to play with my friends, and for fuck sake........

Do people not SHUT THE FUCK UP ?

Seems british kiddies are now calling everyone faggots, fat fuck greasy chain wearing ethugs sayin "ow theyl smack sum1 out" cus they killed em and general lets all talk at the same time so nothing makes any sense.

Thanks IW for not letting me party chat with my friends either unless in ground war, where the matchmaking falls flat on its arse and puts us in different games.

Got a damn headache after listening to those morons......... i can see myself muting damn near everyone in the future.

Friends only communication is what you need.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/familysettings/live/xbox360/familysettings-communications.htm

mYm|17| said:
so what is the easiest way to get the cold blooded pro perk?
It is a bit shady, but if you must.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKYuuh-ERS4

mYm|17| said:
so what is the easiest way to get the cold blooded pro perk?
Stingers/scavenger on a class, shoot everything that goes up. But if you really mean easiest...

Shoot down a chopper with a gun and not with a rocket. Then, when its spinning out of control, keep shooting it. Every bullet you land on the chopper while its going down counts as a kill. You can technically level up all 40 in one chopper.

EDIT: durrrr....I'm an idiot

RavenFox

Banned
divisionbyzorro said:
Exactly what i was thinking. Other than that extra slot...
pringles said:
Stinger is anti-aircraft only. It can't fire down hallways or into windows, unless there's a chopper or airplane in said hallway or window.
Actually you can you just wont get a lock. Trust me it's been done.

No_Style

Pookaki said:
Little something I found:

An EMP will not disable a nuke if the person has already started the nuke countdown. Bummer.
:|

Aww... I wish that wasn't true. It would have been the ultimate buzzkill.

Rawk Hawk

RavenFox said:
Exactly what i was thinking. Other than that extra slot...

Actually you can you just wont get a lock. Trust me it's been done.

Really? Never let's me shoot it, always flashes "Lock On Required." Can you lock on to cars and stuff on the streets?

Rawk Hawk

Pyke Presco said:
Stingers on a class, shoot everything that goes up. But if you really mean easiest...

Shoot down a chopper with a gun (preferably LMG with stopping power pro, as it will be the fastest), and not with a rocket. Then, when its spinning out of control, keep shooting it. Every bullet you land on the chopper while its going down counts as a kill. You can technically level up all 40 in one chopper.

I think Cold Blooded and Stopping Power are both the red perks, no?

Cday

Banned
Just played a match of domination where a guy had Marathon, Lightweight and a riot shield on his back. He pretty much sprinted into our spawn every 10 seconds, firing a javelin into the ground and killing everyone within a 50 foot radius...

Pretty badass but pretty annoying.

Cday said:
Just played a match of domination where a guy had Marathon, Lightweight and a riot shield on his back. He pretty much sprinted into our spawn every 10 seconds, firing a javelin into the ground and killing everyone within a 50 foot radius...

Pretty badass but pretty annoying.
That is the glitch everyone is talking about. When someone on your team kills him, he self destructs.

RavenFox

Banned
ALeperMessiah said:
Unless it's a glitch, no it can't.
Had to be a glitch then because dude won the match and it was like wtf in the lobby after everyone saw the killcam. A glitch it was then.

[darn sorry for the second post]

Cday

Banned
:lol I suspected something was up when it seemed that no matter what happened he still managed to get a shot off.

VaLiancY

Great thing about the Javelin is it's ability to lock on land, it's like a mini-Predator missile and it's pretty good on open maps with or without objective based gameplay where players are close together.

Animator

Graf Nudu said:
Um, why can't you shoot the AC130 down, but when you are in the AC130 you get constantly "Log on"-alert?

You can shoot it down. You just need two people to fire after another. It always pops flares for the first missile.

Graf Nudu said:
Um, why can't you shoot the AC130 down, but when you are in the AC130 you get constantly "Log on"-alert?

No idea because of course IW decided to make the instruction manual slightly less useful than toilet paper. (It's glossy)

Stillmatic

Sp3eD said:
Care package double speed run is the greatest expliot ever. So much fun.
Is it really an exploit? I haven't used it (yet ;D) but it sounds like the equivalent of running faster with your knife in CS. It just looks a bit worse because you can equip the marathon and lightweight perks.

fourzerotwo: #MW2 Javelin Glitch fix currently in test. Once it's cleared, we'll be urging it through Microsoft & Sony certification as fast as possible.

Lets see..... 3 or 4 days to verify the fixes..... a few days to get a spot in cert....cert test for a week.....

It could happen before the holiday break... If not, we wont see it until next year I bet. :|

Purely speculation of course.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
You'd think the single most important multiplayer experience of the year could hold some priority through MS and Sony. Hopefully, dire fixes like this could be addressed immediately so the bigs can keep their PSN and XBL ad money flowing.

Accident

Stepto: While IW works on getting the MW2 glitch fixed, people we catch using it will recieve suspensions from LIVE. Play fair everyone.

:lol

I'm going file a complaint against anyone I see doing it

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Graf Nudu said:

From my experience with a stinger

Harrier - 1 Rocket
AC-130 - 3 Rockets

As for the choppers, they're 2 or 3, can't really remember specifically.

Patches to simply add features take 2 weeks to certify. Patches with urgent bug/glitch fixes get priority to go out faster. I remember when there was a huge problem accessing the Halo 3 beta via Crackdown, and they had a patch out before the end of the day.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
OldJadedGamer said:
The glitch doesn't happen in Hardcore btw.
Oh really? I'm no expert on the matter. I went in to play last night and every time I'd kill someone close range I blew up, and this was in multiple lobbies. What makes HC exempt from the glitch?

AnEternalEnigma said:
Patches to simply add features take 2 weeks to certify. Patches with urgent bug/glitch fixes get priority to go out faster. I remember when there was a huge problem accessing the Halo 3 beta via Crackdown, and they had a patch out before the end of the day.
That was a first party title. I am sure they got shuttled to the front of the line.

Mutagenic said:
Oh really? I'm no expert on the matter. I went in to play last night and every time I'd kill someone close range I blew up, and this was in multiple lobbies. What makes HC exempt from the glitch?
friendly fire being on makes the glitch a much bigger liability in hardcore.

Pookaki said:
friendly fire being on makes the glitch a much bigger liability in hardcore.

Yup, you'll hurt your own team more so than the enemy team and you'll get a long respawn penalty for team killing.

Accident said:
Why don't you try to play a game of HC Headquarters? :lol

Never was a fan of HC Headquarters. I love HQ but its way too much of a clusterfuck to have HC rules applied IMO.

OldJadedGamer said:
Yup, you'll hurt your own team more so than the enemy team and you'll get a long respawn penalty for team killing.

Never was a fan of HC Headquarters. I love HQ but its way too much of a clusterfuck to have HC rules applied IMO.

Actually, I found Hardcore HQ to be a lot less of a clusterfuck because it eliminated all the random grenades people threw.

Mutagenic said:

It isn't exempt, it's just that nobody really does it in Hardcore TDM because it isn't close to as effective.

Plissken

Pookaki said:
Lets see..... 3 or 4 days to verify the fixes..... a few days to get a spot in cert....cert test for a week.....

It could happen before the holiday break... If not, we wont see it until next year I bet. :|

Purely speculation of course.

So do PC users have to wait for it to pass Sony/MS cert before we see a patch? This should be something they fix immediately on PC, but that would require IW to remember they made a PC version...

Plissken said:
So do PC users have to wait for it to pass Sony/MS cert before we see a patch? This should be something they fix immediately on PC, but that would require IW to remember they made a PC version...

The only reason the PC version would need to go through cert is if it's under the Games For Windows umbrella. It is not, so theoretically it can be patched whenever they want.

I would be very surprised to see the PC patched before the console versions. Unfortunately.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Actually, I found Hardcore HQ to be a lot less of a clusterfuck because it eliminated all the random grenades people threw.

Sorry, should have said how I *enjoyed* the fact that it was a clusterfuck. Shipment was my favorite HQ level in COD4.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I'm hopping back in to try HC for a few.

Nevermind, that lasted 5 minutes. Hardcore sucks. Without radar, without killcam, and added weapon damage, everyone camps out each other all round. I used to hate Halo for it's radar system, but you really do need it for keeping players active.

Plissken

Pookaki said:
The only reason the PC version would need to go through cert is if it's under the Games For Windows umbrella. It is not, so theoretically it can be patched whenever they want.

I would be very surprised to see the PC patched before the console versions. Unfortunately.

Yeah, I know there isn't a cert process for PC titles typically, I was just wondering if they had announced PC patch plans at all. It's been clear for a while now that the console versions are the priority for IW, so I figure us PC gamers are going to have to wait for the patch to go through the Sony/MS cert process before it's tossed to the one guy left working on the PC version.:lol

jergrah

Stepto said:
: While IW works on getting the MW2 glitch fixed, people we catch using it will recieve suspensions from LIVE. Play fair everyone.

Good! I would be happy if they pulled stats and anyone with over 50 kills via Javelin the last 24 Hours gets a 3 day suspension.

jergrah said:
Good! I would be happy if they pulled stats and anyone with over 50 kills via Javelin the last 24 Hours gets a 3 day suspension.
People are already going bananas from the possibility of getting a suspension. I couldn't imagine the internet shitstorm if they actually did that.

Man, that would be awesome.

EazyB

Banned
Mutagenic said:
Nevermind, that lasted 5 minutes. Hardcore sucks. Without radar, without killcam, and added weapon damage, everyone camps out each other all round. I used to hate Halo for it's radar system, but you really do need it for keeping players active.
Halo's radar and CoD's have some pretty substantial differences. You probably already know this but Halo's is based off of movement while CoD's is gunfire. The motion tracker in Halo actually slows down the gameplay and makes camping easier. Go into the MLG or SWAT playlist to see what a difference the radar makes.

I actually prefer CoD's gunfire radar as it doesn't penalize moving quickly. I dislike the UAV because it acts a lot like Halo's radar but with a bigger radius but even then, if the enemy has a UAV you're better off moving than camping. The problem I find with the HC CoD modes is that the lack of killcam coupled with quick deaths means scouting around a map is really dangerous which encourages camping.

Top Bottom