• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

vexvegaz said:
can someone please tell how i get into 3rd person view.

thanks a mill gaf.
It is a specific game setting. You can toggle third person mode on or off when you create a custom match. There are third person playlists in matchmaking.

You can't switch from first person to third in normal gameplay if that's what you are asking.

:)

whitehawk

Banned
Weird.

Played a game yesterday where I did 26 - 6.. Then the game after that I did 6 - 19 =/

I'm very inconsistent.

Also, I have to wait 10 levels to unlock another kill streak :( (lvl 47)

Pookaki said:
It is a specific game setting. You can toggle third person mode on or off when you create a custom match. There are third person playlists in matchmaking.

You can't switch from first person to third in normal gameplay if that's what you are asking.

:)

I actually tried Third Person Team Tactical last night; it was my first experience with 3rd Person CoD.

The 3rd person stuff was just fine, but since I play friends-only chat, and you have to back out of a game to change those settings, I had to play a couple rounds silently...which straight up doesn't work in that playlist. So I stopped playing it both to save myself from the frustration and so the other guys on my team didn't have to deal with my deaf self.

I bet Team Tactical would be great fun with friends. I wonder why they don't have a 1st-Person TT playlist this go-around?

whitehawk said:
Weird.

Played a game yesterday where I did 26 - 6.. Then the game after that I did 6 - 19 =/

I'm very inconsistent.

Also, I have to wait 10 levels to unlock another kill streak :( (lvl 47)
I feel you on that

whitehawk said:
Weird.

I'm very inconsistent.

That happens to me as well. I find that if I start a match good, I will perform well throughout the match. But if I start on a low note, I cant quite gather steam to finish well.

Momentum in this game is more important than any multiplayer game I have played in a while. It is even more exaggerated when the killstreak rewards come rolling in.

DMeisterJ said:
Grats! I've still got to slog though Spec ops before I get close to that.

I really enjoyed Spec Ops, it was great playing through COD levels with a friend. I actually think I prefer the bite-size levels to the normal campaign levels. I still think one checkpoint in the middle would be nice though, because the craziness of Veteran difficulty AI does get a little annoying at times. Overall though, awesome.

Would definitely buy Spec Ops DLC if they decided to release a pack..

Biff

Tkawsome said:
I haven't seen a single nuke and I have about two days in.
I'm nearing 1.5 days and haven't seen one either. I'd like to think that's a testament to my skill in ending killstreaks :p If I see you racking up Chopper Gunner kills, I'm going to hunt you down in case you're carrying a nuke.

I've also gotten 26-0 a couple times, but didn't have the nuke unlocked then. I have now unlocked it and am hunting for the first non-camper nuke in the history of MW2.

Run 'n gun with a silenced P90, marathon pro, cold blooded pro and ninja pro.. I've gotten a 26 killstreak before, I can do it again!

Niblet

So who believes that bans are justifiable on users of this Javelin glitch? I don't own this game so I don't know how bad it is, but it seems silly to punish players taking advantage of the game as shipped.

Eric WK

Niblet said:
So who believes that bans are justifiable on users of this Javelin glitch? I don't own this game so I don't know how bad it is, but it seems silly to punish players taking advantage of the game as shipped.

Using Akimbo Model 1887's is an example of something that is justifiable - they're working as intended.

The Javelin glitch is an exploit - they were never intended to work in this manner. Knowingly using the exploit is cheating. Period.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Niblet said:

They are only getting suspended for 24hours at first offense. I think its fine. It wont kill them.

Niblet said:
Like I said before; If the Javelin was designed to do that, then no. there wouldn't be a problem with people using it in that way. The people using this bug to their advantage are manipulating the games systems, which adversely effects the experience of the majority of people who are trying to play the game the way it was designed to be played.

I think that people caught using it in ranked online play should be suspended.

Eric WK said:
Using Akimbo Model 1887's is an example of something that is justifiable - they're working as intended.
^This.

Dude, when you start up a game, and hear a nasaly-voiced 14 year old say, "OK, everyone on MY team use Javelins," you'll see how annoying it is.

I've been filing complaints against all these fuckers. A serious waste of time, but I pray just one of them gets banned.

practice02 said:
all you who haven't seen a nuke can play with me I'll drop one on you.:D :D :D

I'm two days in as well and haven't seen a single nuke. Guess you have to be a super shitty team to let the other guys get a kill streak that high. None of my friends have even unlocked it yet since it's a waste of an unlock.

I seriously cannot think how anyone can get that kill streak without any air support since any half way decent team has at least one person with a Stinger.

HooCares

Neo Member
ChefRamsay said:
Run 'n gun with a silenced P90, marathon pro, cold blooded pro and ninja pro.. I've gotten a 26 killstreak before, I can do it again!

Nice Shit.

I want some more details though.

What is your usual, non-nuke killstreak setup?

Do you play with a team of buddies you know or solo?

What playlist to you play in the most?

Do you use that setup on every map or just some maps? If not on every map, what other setup are you using instead?

I've been really hit or miss with the SMG's and want more detail on how you're pulling this off.

j-wood

Niblet said:

It's a problem because people

A. Know it decreases the enjoyment of other users

B. Use to for the sole benefit of either griefing because it's "funny" or are trying to game the system to give them a better score.

Lince

Banned
DMeisterJ said:
Saw a Nuke today, AJ dropped that shit like it was hot!

the Nuke he dropped on Favela was epic too, btw I had my best game yet playing with you guys today, 31-0 on Terminal, not bad considering the fucking lag I had to endure (half second behind) from Spain.

Ecto311

Niblet said:

Something like this is also a deterrent to others. If I buy the game day one and get this shit then complain to a friend he might not get the game. This problem also being so wide spread on the internet is bad for the company and if they say they are going to ban you for doing it, some people will stop doing it - even if no one has been banned for it.

HooCares said:
Nice Shit.

I want some more details though.

What is your usual, non-nuke killstreak setup?

Do you play with a team of buddies you know or solo?

What playlist to you play in the most?

Do you use that setup on every map or just some maps? If not on every map, what other setup are you using instead?

I've been really hit or miss with the SMG's and want more detail on how you're pulling this off.
scar heartbeat monitor scavenger cold blooded steady aim stun grenades uav airdrop piloted attack helicopter or ac130

Niblet said:
they should be fixing the issue rather then punishing people for acting like dickheads, that's what the internet was made for. I don't use a javelin and have yet to come across people who use the glitch.

Weenerz

Banned
Time for me to take my break from this game for a while. Game just feels a bit stale, and I have Borderlands and Assassin's Creed 2 to play.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Lince said:
the Nuke he dropped on Favela was epic too, btw I had my best game yet playing with you guys today, 31-0 on Terminal, not bad considering the fucking lag I had to endure (half second behind) from Spain.

The lag was just terrible in general, and it always dropping one of us as we went into matchmaking :/ Fuckin crappy online. Fix this shit IW!

HooCares

Neo Member
practice02 said:
scar heartbeat monitor scavenger cold blooded steady aim stun grenades uav airdrop piloted attack helicopter or ac130

I was asking for Chef Ramsay's details!! You DONKEY!@!!!@@#

GordonRamsayYelling.jpg

Just kidding, thanks for posting your setup. :D

Hawk SE

NYR said:
I have 1 1/2 days (35+ hours) logged in multiplayer, playing since launch - no nukes seen.

Same here.

I keep getting within 1-3 kills of a Nuke depending on how my Harrier Strike and Chopper Gunner do for me.

I want the 1st Nuke I encounter be the one I unleash, it will be magical.

GuessWho

so I just recently unlocked the HBS...uhh lol how is this shit even allowed to be used in multi. It's so cheap...anyways I took another class which didn't have it...then im like...ok wtf just happened i lost all my skill cuz i got so dependent on that hbs. I am not using it anymore as I lost all my "true" skill.

HooCares said:
And when you said "airdrop" do you mean care package or emergency airdrop?
Care package.
GuessWho said:
so I just recently unlocked the HBS...uhh lol how is this shit even allowed to be used in multi. It's so cheap...anyways I took another class which didn't have it...then im like...ok wtf just happened i lost all my skill cuz i got so dependent on that hbs. I am not using it anymore as I lost all my "true" skill.
LOL

Just ran into my first Javelin glitcher on Hardcore TDM (which was a really stupid mode for him to do it in). He was pretty easy to take care of and only killed me twice.

GuessWho said:

HBS can be a bit of a crutch... especially against players that use ninja/pro.
The dots are slow to update and streak across the screen when you pivot.
You can only see them when you're not aiming.
It takes up an attachment slot that could go to.... anything else, silencer or sites I think are both more valuable.
HBS doesn't monitor 360 degrees, only the 180 infront of you (if that?)

SmokeMaxX

Ten-Song said:
Akimbo 1887's.
You die at about the same speed at ANY range (short, medium, long) with an AR so it's ridiculous to say that Akimbo 1887s are overpowered. It takes LESS skill to kill with an AR than Akimbo 1887s and if you miss with Akimbo 1887s you're basically dead. You can't say the same for ARs.

Oh and want to counter 1887s? Riot Shield or long-range combat. Shotguns are supposed to have spreadfire and short-medium range. If you go head to head against one at those ranges, you're not supposed to win.

I will argue that SMGs are pretty garbage on this game though. Ever since I've prestiged, I've used the MP5 (1000 kills), the UMP (750 kills), the Uzi (500 kills), and I'm now on the P90. What's the point of an SMG when an AR is equal to or better than the SMG at close range? I guess my results could be biased since I've stopped using stopping power, but SMGs are utter garbage. Don't even get me started on ACOG + SMG. Ugh. Disgusting.

SmokeMaxX said:
You die at about the same speed at ANY range (short, medium, long) with an AR so it's ridiculous to say that Akimbo 1887s are overpowered. It takes LESS skill to kill with an AR than Akimbo 1887s and if you miss with Akimbo 1887s you're basically dead. You can't say the same for ARs.

Oh and want to counter 1887s? Riot Shield or long-range combat. Shotguns are supposed to have spreadfire and short-medium range. If you go head to head against one at those ranges, you're not supposed to win.

I will argue that SMGs are pretty garbage on this game though. Ever since I've prestiged, I've used the MP5 (1000 kills), the UMP (750 kills), the Uzi (500 kills), and I'm now on the P90. What's the point of an SMG when an AR is equal to or better than the SMG at close range? I guess my results could be biased since I've stopped using stopping power, but SMGs are utter garbage. Don't even get me started on ACOG + SMG. Ugh. Disgusting.

Actually, Akimbo 1887's were my counter-shield class. They work really well against them.

Edit: And the Vector (SMG) is pretty great. It's excellent in close quarters and can get some pretty good range.

Aurora

GuessWho said:
Only works when you're playing against noobs. A strong team will switch to Ninja classes if your HBS becomes a problem. Also, as you said, you tend to watch the HBS more than the actual surroundings which will come back to bite you in the long run. Still, it's fun to switch in every now and then!

Pssh, you people got nothing on me. 5 days, 10 hours or so (I don't want to talk about it...), and still not one nuke seen. I don't use it, and I usually take a large chunk of the kills so my team wont get them. At the same time, I refuse to let enemy killstreaks stay in the air. My gametime is spent almost exclusively in TDM and Ground War however, and groundwar domination is probably the only game I may see it in, but still hasnt happened yet.

EazyB

Banned
MrCompletely said:
HBS can be a bit of a crutch... especially against players that use ninja/pro.
The dots are slow to update and streak across the screen when you pivot.
You can only see them when you're not aiming.
It takes up an attachment slot that could go to.... anything else, silencer or sites I think are both more valuable.
HBS doesn't monitor 360 degrees, only the 180 infront of you (if that?)
I almost always use a HBS when I'm not playing a quick class and I find them to be an incredible advantage. I could see some people getting tripped up by them by focusing on it the entire time but as long as you just keep it in your peripherals and don't let it distract you it's really nice.

As for your other proposed disadvantages: I'm playing in widescreen and I can see a good bit of the HBS even when I'm aiming down the sights. For me they absolutely do not streak across the screen when I pivot. It allows me to detect someone off to the side, maybe sitting in a window, and turn so I'm guaranteed to be facing them exactly, and determine where they can be from that. And at least for my classes with HBS, bling pro is more useful anways then any other perk 1.

I wouldn't go as far to say they're broken as they're easy to get and counter but I'd never downplay their significance.

oracrest said:
Does anyone know how I can unlock the Captain Price/Mario sprite decal? I saw it on someones profile last night. Very cool!

Get ten kills in a row without any killstreaks equipped. You have to manually uncheck them.

Top Bottom