• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

VaLiancY

J-Rzez said:
Because they finished off the "Weapon/Perk Imbalance VI" challenge and going any further wouldn't net them any XP so why bother?

Secondly, you shouldn't be able to actually kill someone with those damn things at all. Level 3A shields you couldn't move fast enough to actually kill someone unless you had super strength and hit them just right with the stars aligned. Those shields are made to absorb "some" small arms fire and to push back protesters, actually it's even more to intimidate them than anything.

You're trying to make sense out of a Call of Duty title. I stopped trying after that godawful last American mission in Call of Duty 2. :lol

j-wood said:
Has IW come out and said why they decided to display so much weed in MW2? I see all these titles and emblems of nothing but a pot leaf and think to myself..."That's....pretty stupid IW."

I don't know maybe its because they know they have a pot smoking demographic?

these fucking javelin glitching pricks are ruining domination. IW needs to get off their asses and give us an ETA on when the patch will hit.

and a piddly 24 hour ban is a joke. ban those fuckers for a week.

shuri said:
I hate how it feels like IW isnt even supporting the game. I know they have a patch coming up but still..

How does it feel like that? They've already released like 4 patches AND new playlists. Other games never even see that in their entire lifetimes.

Man, I think I'm ready to get rid of this game. There's just too much crap to deal with. Thermals, Superman Pill, Heartbeat, Chopper Gunner, Tact Knife, each various amounts of bullshit. The leveling/challenges are just plain not enjoyable. The matchmaking stinks, I actually loaded a match today that ended before I joined, got brought back to the lobby, and the lobby was dissolved. It took me over five minutes just to find a match.

Not to mention the freakin Javelin shit.

Raide

WickedLaharl said:
these fucking javelin glitching pricks are ruining domination. IW needs to get off their asses and give us an ETA on when the patch will hit.

and a piddly 24 hour ban is a joke. ban those fuckers for a week.

I know what you mean, some of them I refuse to kill, yet they try to stab me then. :lol They really need to sort out this glitch first thing.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
boredofcanada said:
I don't know maybe its because they know they have a pot smoking demographic?

basically this. It's also why they put that F.A.G.S video out and used Eminem in the trailer.

I see a lot of talk about how annoying painkiller is but I've found it to be useless. Now I'm not that great at this game (which is why I've had plenty of experience testing out deathstreaks) but painkiller only last ten seconds. It usually takes me that long after I spawn to get back to where the action is, and by then the painkiller's worn off. So what's the big deal?

Fleet of Foot said:
I see a lot of talk about how annoying painkiller is but I've found it to be useless. Now I'm not that great at this game (which is why I've had plenty of experience testing out deathstreaks) but painkiller only last ten seconds. It usually takes me that long after I spawn to get back to where the action is, and by then the painkiller's worn off. So what's the big deal?

I don't mind it, the problem is the hit detection in this game is so good many times you'll know like one burst or put a second one in and know that that person is going to die and move on with your game. All of a sudden you realize shit that person has painkiller and is still shooting at you. At least for me that's how it gets me.

On bigger maps yea its not that big of a problem, mainly Scrapyard or other smaller maps.

Az

Got matched against a team with the clan tag YMCA last night in groundwar. I am really starting to hate being in shitty ass teams every single game. Played about 4-5 games against them and they finished with a nuke EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Since Mw2 came out the guys I play with fell apart, since some of them went back to COD4 and all. Now I am all alone mostly :'(

Spike6663

xxjuicesxx said:
I don't mind it, the problem is the hit detection in this game is so good many times you'll know like one burst or put a second one in and know that that person is going to die and move on with your game. All of a sudden you realize shit that person has painkiller and is still shooting at you. At least for me that's how it gets me.

On bigger maps yea its not that big of a problem, mainly Scrapyard or other smaller maps.

EXACTLY why I've given up on the game. This annoys me more than Javelins or chopper gunners.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
FFObsessed said:
*deletes DMeisterJ from friends list*

:lol

That was a pretty long distance snipe. You must have invincibility and Spot and Mark activated. I haven't even seen you post in this thread up until now.

Biff

Matchmaking is terrible. It's starting to take me 3-4 attempts to find a game now. And by attempt I mean choose my gametype, then sit in an empty lobby for a minute while the server spits in 1 or 2 guys, then attempts to merge lobbies, then fails, then tries to assign a host with only 3 people in a room, then boots me.

And have people in the PS3 version been getting freezing during matchmaking? I'll attempt to find a new game, it'll put me in an empty lobby, and then my controller won't work. I can't move up or down to go to Create a Class or Barracks. I'm just stuck, and it NEVER progresses beyond 'searching'... It doesn't say 'Found 25 games, 12% potential good games 3/25' or whatever.

I have to go into my XMB and quit the game, where my PS3 then goes to the 'Quitting Game' black screen for 10 seconds and completely shuts down and reboots the PS3.

Biff

ChefRamsay said:
And have people in the PS3 version been getting freezing during matchmaking? I'll attempt to find a new game, it'll put me in an empty lobby, and then my controller won't work. I can't move up or down to go to Create a Class or Barracks. I'm just stuck, and it NEVER progresses beyond 'searching'... It doesn't say 'Found 25 games, 12% potential good games 3/25' or whatever.

I have to go into my XMB and quit the game, where my PS3 then goes to the 'Quitting Game' black screen for 10 seconds and completely shuts down and reboots the PS3.
Hmm.. Just did some googling and it seems like this is happening to other PS3 users as well.

I'm on a 120GB Slim and it happens once every 4 hours of playtime I'd say.

Fleet of Foot said:
That's the thing. It serves no purpose but to fuck up other people. It barely benefits you at all. It is *nothing* but a way to hose killstreaks.

Spydy

Banned
For Prestige it should display a pattern on screen that you stare at. The pattern alters your brain waves and makes you forget the previous rank and all the games you've played to aquire it.

I like this. This is a good idea.

Seriously, what's the point of Prestige other than to allow cheaters to get to the top of leaderboards by boosting and give you some lame-ass emblems and titles? It's an utterly pointless pursuit. I'm at lvl70 and intend to stick with it.

VaLiancY

Spydy said:
Seriously, what's the point of Prestige other to allow cheaters to get to the top of leaderboards by boosting and give you some lame-ass emblems and titles? It's an utterly pointless pursuit. I'm at lvl70 and intend to stick with it.

I share the same feeling. If you care titles and emblems, it has something for fans of that but I feel it artificially lengthens the game by allowing you to do the same thing up to ten times and makes some how think it's fresh again. I said to my friend that it is like a leveling a character in WoW to the highest level, getting it geared, deleting it and doing it all over again. Extra slots are somewhat of an incentive if you have a variety of builds but for me who sticks to my primary stealth build it doesn't want to make me push that button anytime soon.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Fleet of Foot said:
It seems that with some people, all it takes is one or two occurrences of something to "ruin the game" for them. I've played 32 hours and I've only seen that pill pop up one time. Early on, when I was using painkiller myself, I only had it come into play once because you just don't usually see enemies within ten seconds of spawning. It's really not that common.

amar212

Spydy said:
Seriously, what's the point of Prestige other than to allow cheaters to get to the top of leaderboards by boosting and give you some lame-ass emblems and titles? It's an utterly pointless pursuit. I'm at lvl70 and intend to stick with it.

I would prefere if Prestige10 would give us the possibility to paint our guns in different colors.

So I can have yellow or pink AK47.

To have red bombs.

Gold knives.

White pistols with custom signatures.

Basically, to have Gun Livery Editor like in Forza.

So I can have black SCAR with white letters on it "ALWAYS DELIVERS".

Or some random insult in case I die and somebody picks-up my weapon.

Something like this basically - sorry for the bad Photoshop, I did it in 3 minutes:

xqe5oz.jpg

11c9x87.jpg

vatstep said:
It seems that with some people, all it takes is one or two occurrences of something to "ruin the game" for them. I've played 32 hours and I've only seen that pill pop up one time. Early on, when I was using painkiller myself, I only had it come into play once because you just don't usually see enemies within ten seconds of spawning. It's really not that common.
If your playstyle involves flanking at all you will encounter it. It's just a complete bitchslap after working your ass off to get in a good position.

Sielys

Honestly, I've so far had no major qualms with this game so far. I feel like the guns, perks and killstreaks are mostly balanced(AR's could be nerfed a little), the Javelin glitch and infinite air-package drop are very uncommon, I've only run into each of those twice in my 64 levels. It doesn't have anything stupidly bad like getting under the maps in W@W. The maps don't seem plain to me, I find most of them varied and interesting (much love to Favela!). Overall, I've had a lot of fun with this game. The only thing that gets to me is the matchmaking, it's very slow and doesn't work too well. Even then, it's not that big of a deal.

Of course, this is only my opinion, I'm not trying to force you to like it.

nib95

Banned
I'm having some infuriating issues with the 360 version of MW2 online. With 9/10 games I connect to, just before the game starts, it goes from "waiting" to "finding best host" and then suddenly I get a message saying "Game lobby closed". This keeps happening and it's pissing the hell out of me since I bought XBL Gold just for this game, when I had the PS3 version that was giving me no issues (besides taking longer to connect to games) online.

Does anyone have a fix or know why this keeps happening to me?

i never have problems with getting into a game quickly. in fact the ease and quickness of getting into a game is one of the main reasons i enjoy this game so much.

slow ass MM is a major turnoff (i'm looking at you h3).

Raide

nib95 said:
I'm having some infuriating issues with the 360 version of MW2 online. With 9/10 games I connect to, just before the game starts, it goes from "waiting" to "finding best host" and then suddenly I get a message saying "Game lobby closed". This keeps happening and it's pissing the hell out of me since I bought XBL Gold just for this game, when I had the PS3 version that was giving me no issues (besides taking longer to connect to games) online.

Does anyone have a fix or know why this keeps happening to me?

Maybe check your NAT settings and make sure it is set to Open? You need to add the XBL Ports to your router to do this.

Rawk Hawk

Sielys said:
Honestly, I've so far had no major qualms with this game so far. I feel like the guns, perks and killstreaks are mostly balanced(AR's could be nerfed a little), the Javelin glitch and infinite air-package drop are very uncommon, I've only run into each of those twice in my 64 levels. It doesn't have anything stupidly bad like getting under the maps in W@W. The maps don't seem plain to me, I find most of them varied and interesting (much love to Favela!). Overall, I've had a lot of fun with this game. The only thing that gets to me is the matchmaking, it's very slow and doesn't work too well. Even then, it's not that big of a deal.

Of course, this is only my opinion, I'm not trying to force you to like it.

I don't think I have major qualms. There are things I'd like to see adjusted, but I still play daily so they can't be that bad...

My logic is, if every gun was balanced, you wouldn't see tons of people using one exact setup, so even if you don't think the 1887's are unbalanced, you'd have to ask why do so many people use them as soon as they unlock it?

Lothars

Son of Godzilla said:
If your playstyle involves flanking at all you will encounter it. It's just a complete bitchslap after working your ass off to get in a good position.

Though if someone is doing bad enough to be using it than there is nothing wrong with it at all.

I have been really shitty lately and it's not really helped to get kills but there's definitely nothing wrong with that deathstreak, I don't understand why it is being bitched about.

f3niks

I did this a few weeks back to a large clan that came in the room and yacking off about how this person and that person wasn't going to get any kills. After beating them 3 games in a row i would alternate my tag in between rounds to that it woudl keep reading [SPAN] and then switch it to [SuX]

Sielys

Sniping questions! Haven't sniped much yet, but I'm very inconsistent with it. Sometimes, I do amazing and get an emp/nuke very easily, while other games it's a struggle to get a single kill.

Just need a few class suggestions, here's what I've been using.

M21 w/ silencer
Akimbo ranger (Haven't got 1887's yet)
Claymore

Scavenger
Coldblooded
Ninja

My favorite sniping class so far. (Scoped that is. I'm not comparing it to ACOG snipers) this is the class I'm mostly like to get a nuke with.

But I haven't really been sniping much, so I was wondering what everyone's favorite classes were so I could try new stuff out. How do you guys feel about the HBS on snipers? I don't really get killed often unless someone manages to sneak in close, so I was thinking this would remedy that.
I would switch out scavenger with bling so I could use a silencer and an HBS, but since I'm using the M21, it takes twice as many bullets to kill a person than the other snipers so I run into ammo problems. I might just drop the silencer, but it's really helpful, I'd have to be more mobile than I am at the moment (Not camping, but I try to alternate between different choke points on the map)
Also, I really dislike thermal compared to regular scope, I tend to be a lot more focused on looking through the scope, so people get by me more often. Anyone else dislike the thermal?

This is all on core btw.

Graf Nudu said:
Why do people use the ACOG, btw.?

I don't really get it's purpose or advantage.
Well I would guess that the advantage is being able to see your surroundings better. All other scopes have the tunnel vision feeling whereas you can see around your scope when you use the ACOG. Also, you don't have to hold your breath when you snipe, which is a small advantage. Personally, I find it difficult to use the ACOG b/c it doesn't zoom in enough for me.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
backflip10019 said:
Well I would guess that the advantage is being able to see your surroundings better. All other scopes have the tunnel vision feeling whereas you can see around your scope when you use the ACOG. Personally, I find it difficult to use the ACOG b/c it doesn't zoom in enough for me.
...what the eff is going on in this post? :lol

ACOGs are the ones limiting your vision, as you are looking down a scope instead of through a red dot on a screen. They also have more zoom than any other attachment you can put on your gun aside from a thermal scope.

ACOGs add range to your stats, so you can do more damage over longer distances with your gun, but at the sacrifice of being as effective in close combat situations.

Personally, I've fallen back in love with having Sleight of Hand and using just the iron sights on my M4 instead of going with Bling to get a red dot and a silencer or grenade launcher.

Raiden

Banned
Whats all of you frequent players your K/D ratio?

I only play Team Deatmatch type of games and vary around 1.42-1.45 all the time. I think its pretty good, but i have awesome nights where i get games like 26-2 and crappy nights where i can barely keep up a 1-1 ratio.

Also, im really obsessed by keeping up that ratio, im pretty sure i would enjoy the game more if they did not track that:lol

RubxQub said:
...what the eff is going on in this post? :lol

ACOGs are the ones limiting your vision, as you are looking down a scope instead of through a red dot on a screen. They also have more zoom than any other attachment you can put on your gun aside from a thermal scope.

ACOGs add range to your stats, so you can do more damage over longer distances with your gun, but at the sacrifice of being as effective in close combat situations.

Personally, I've fallen back in love with having Sleight of Hand and using just the iron sights on my M4 instead of going with Bling to get a red dot and a silencer or grenade launcher.
Well I was referring to the ACOG on snipers, which is what I thought Sielys and Graf Nadu were talking about.

jacobs34

Played all night last night without running into a single glitcher and had a complete blast. It reminded me how much fun this game can be, but unfortunately I know that, until the game is patched, I'm going to run into people glitching on a daily basis.

If I could give new players who are frustratede with knifers and 1887 users one piece of advice it would be to learn how to good good at using your shotgun. I'm a 49 Prestige, but only recently have I started using the SPAS with a grip, and it is God Like. It has more range thatn the 1887s and on maps like Favela, Skidrow, Highrise and Rundown, it may be the best weapon in the game. There's nothing more satisfying in this game than watching a knifer come your way, and at the last second onloading a shutgun shell into the guys chest.

Sielys said:
I think he was talking about ACOG on snipers, not assault rifles.

Both. Snipers makes even less sense for me, when I can get the thermal.

xxjuicesxx said:
I instantly quit Wasteland now. If you guys want to sit prone with your fucking sniper you have fun.

P90 (+Rapid Fire) + Marathon + Cold Blooded + Ninja = FUN FUN FUN on Wasteland.

Sielys said:
Sniping questions! Haven't sniped much yet, but I'm very inconsistent with it. Sometimes, I do amazing and get an emp/nuke very easily, while other games it's a struggle to get a single kill.

Just need a few class suggestions, here's what I've been using.

M21 w/ silencer
Akimbo ranger (Haven't got 1887's yet)
Claymore

Scavenger
Coldblooded
Ninja

My favorite sniping class so far. (Scoped that is. I'm not comparing it to ACOG snipers) this is the class I'm mostly like to get a nuke with.

But I haven't really been sniping much, so I was wondering what everyone's favorite classes were so I could try new stuff out. How do you guys feel about the HBS on snipers? I don't really get killed often unless someone manages to sneak in close, so I was thinking this would remedy that.
I would switch out scavenger with bling so I could use a silencer and an HBS, but since I'm using the M21, it takes twice as many bullets to kill a person than the other snipers so I run into ammo problems. I might just drop the silencer, but it's really helpful, I'd have to be more mobile than I am at the moment (Not camping, but I try to alternate between different choke points on the map)
Also, I really dislike thermal compared to regular scope, I tend to be a lot more focused on looking through the scope, so people get by me more often. Anyone else dislike the thermal?

This is all on core btw.

I tend to use WA2000 with thermal(snow maps I use FMJ), with akimbo glocks, claymore, smoke, scavenger, stopping power, and steady aim (all pro). One shot kill almost every time, claymore to cover my ass, and smoke to get me out of a sticky situation. It doesn't really match your stealth style sniping, but it does the trick for me.

Edit: acog is great on snipers, it allows you to play a mobile one shot gun with lots of range still. Watching killcams for some of the quick scope nonsense I see with acogged steady aim intervention( r700 and m40a3 in cod4 as well) just makes me feel awe, as I can't even come close to landing shots like that. I also don't mind acog on the auto rifles, but famas/m16 I'm terrible with it.

Spydy

Banned
Graf Nudu said:
Why do people use the ACOG, btw.?

I don't really get it's purpose or advantage.

For me, it depends on what map. I wouldn't use the ACOG on somewhere like Scrapyard, but for Afgan or Estate it can be useful on Assault Rifles.

The disadvantages are less visibility and a slower response when aiming down the ACOG sights (negated by Sleight of Hand Pro).

Hyunkel6

Graf Nudu said:
I don't know what's going on but my stats are becoming constantly worse the further I progress in the MP. :(

Same here. I went from a k/d ratio of 1.7 to 1.3, and it's still decreasing. I think it has something to do with me playing the game less and people playing the game more. It's one of those games that you have to play religiously to keep your skill level (at least for me).

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
xxjuicesxx said:
I instantly quit Wasteland now. If you guys want to sit prone with your fucking sniper you have fun.
I love it for Domination games. There never seems to be too much camping, and the insanity in the bunker is tons of fun with the right weapons.

Top Bottom