• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

tiddles

Matchmaking is massively improved on PS3 after patch 1.05.

I recently noticed the Spetnaz soldiers in Online were shouting "ten inch stozhna!", and now I can't unhear it... What is a stozhna, and what is the significance of it being ten inches? :D

Dot50Cal

Banned
tiddles said:

I recently noticed the Spetnaz soldiers in Online were shouting "ten inch stozhna!", and now I can't unhear it... What is a stozhna, and what is the significance of it being ten inches? :D
Thats how I hear it too, unfortunately :lol

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
tiddles said:
I know what you mean, I have the same thing with the OpFor soldiers. They constatly shout what sounds like "Tango sucka!"
I didn't know Mr. T endorsed soft drinks.

Minamu

Haha I hear that too xD I also hear "Brother Broman!" from time to time. And one of my clanmate's gamertag is Broman (his surname) :lol Gets me every time.

andycapps

I got the patch last night for PS3 but only had a chance to play one or two matches with it. Played quite a few before it went live though. After the patch was in a party with 5 other people and we went into two games with no problems. Maybe the party stuff is fixed too?

Anyone have a change log on what the patch did? Edit: NM here's the change log:

Infinity Ward said:
fourzerotwo: #MW2 PS3 update 1.06 is the javelin fix, care package glitch fix, and addresses areas where players could get into geo. Like rocks on Afghan. - December 5, 2009 03:29 AM

fourzerotwo: For those playing #MW2 on Xbox 360. The same fixes that are in 1.06 are coming to you, it's currently in Microsoft cert. Out of my hands.- December 5, 2009 03:34 AM

Wait, another update further down that I didn't see. Apparently the one that went live last night when I downloaded it was just 1.05. Is 1.06 out yet for PS3? They make it sound like it is.

fourzerotwo: Heads up. #MW2 on PS3 just got update 1.05 which includes some improvements to matchmaking. Patch 1.06 is still coming down the pipeline. fourzerotwo: Heads up. #MW2 on PS3 just got update 1.05 which includes some improvements to matchmaking. Patch 1.06 is still coming down the pipeline.
- December 5, 2009 03:22 AM

careful

_Alkaline_ said:
plus you also have to take into account that it barely takes anything to bring someone down in this game even without stopping power. It's actually kind of laughable just how much better cold blooded is than any other second perk.
SP is probably redundant in HC, but for regular damage modes, I find it makes a big difference in 1-on-1 confrontations. Especially since people go down so fast, every bullet counts.

Adam Prime said:
Everytime I pop into this thread and read about the multiplayer stuff it makes me glad that I'm not dedicated to it. I'm having a great time on my second playthrough on Veteran and doing Spec ops missions. Online time I jump into multiplayer is if my brother or another friend I know is online and they want to play. Other than that, I pretty much stay away.
People like to bitch (myself included). Don't get the wrong impression, the multiplayer is still tons of fun.

tiddles said:
Matchmaking in KZ3, do it. ;)

Kibbles

105pquq.png

Biff

1.05 seems to have fixed MW2 freezing during matchmaking. Still getting shitty connections, but it does seem to be better than before.

I FINALLY saw a nuke today after 1 day 12 hours of playtime. I dropped it :D

And I did it without camping like a bitch which makes it even sweeter. Domination on Rundown. P90 Silenced w/ Marathon Pro, Cold Blooded Pro and Ninja Pro.

Got my 7 kills for a Harrier, found some tall grass to dive in, quickly got my 4 kills and jumped into a Chopper Gunner. Enemy team had a couple guys smart enough to switch to stingers, but I kept getting lucky picking them off just as their missile fired into the air. Whoever thought of the vanishing missile when you die is pretty stupid. Ended gunner with 26 killstreak, was able to get 3 more kills before dying, called it in on respawn. My team was pretty terrible too.. We were losing 146-116 when I called it in.

Lince

Banned
yeah 1.05 finally puts me in lobbies with 4 full green bars for games hosted in Spain, Portugal or France and 3 bars for the rest of Europe, excellent news. No more yellow bars bullshit.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I finally experienced the absolute joy of a completely and absolutely 100% lag free game. Me, a guy who lives in the same building as me, a bunch of American soldiers stationed in Korea and a bunch of other East Asian gamers had a brilliant set of matches. Our team was on a roll and I absolutely fucking dominated with my AUG w/ Grip & Silencer (got a 29 kills - 1 death on Afghan). That and I fell in love with my Riot Shield, PP2000, Lightweight + Marathon + Commando combo. I got 10+ assists in Invasion with that setup and generally endured the wrath of everyone on the opposing team when the game was over. :lol

So glad that javelin glitch is gone, I played with a team of americans the other day who were all doing it while laughing their heads off, it was one of the lamest things I have ever encountered while playing online.

No downgrade for those dodgy model shotguns is a shame tho.

DMeisterJ said:
Matchmaking is greatly improved in 1.05. It now looks for the lowest ping (Starting at 40 ms) then goes up by 10 ms til it finds a good match. It still puts you in almost finished matches more than I'd care for though. :/

Anyway, I'm Nuke chasing now, keep on getting 24 streaks! Bah!

Team Deathmatch

Harrier, Chopper Gunner, Nuke

Best formula for getting Nuke. :D I've gotten 10+ already and I'm level 63.

I got a nuke in regular TDM!!!!! YESSSSS!

Rundown with harrier, chopper gunner, nuke. They just repeatedly got killed by the chopper gunner over and over, never switching classes, and none of them had a mic. That's what happens when you've got no teamwork. Used a silenced M16 with OMA, Stopping Power, Commando, smoke, TI.

A little anticlimactic though, and man oh man was my heart racing trying to get those last 2 kills once my chopper left. That shit is too stressful for me man, I got my one, now I can shelve it until 10th prestige.

The hell to the above...10+ nukes at 63? I'm 65 on second prestige and just got my first. Unbelievable.

:lol I just got an across the map throwing knife kill. I noticed that one of my teammates had called in a care package on the other side of Scrapyard and that no one on our team was down there, so I aimed my knife at it carefully, let it fly and nailed the guy. So epic. I hope that guy watched his kill cam.

backflip10019 said:
:lol I just got an across the map throwing knife kill. I noticed that one of my teammates had called in a care package on the other side of Scrapyard and that no one on our team was down there, so I aimed my knife at it carefully, let it fly and nailed the guy. So epic. I hope that guy watched his kill cam.

If it wasn't as amazing as this, you fail.

DarknessTear said:
Team Deathmatch

Harrier, Chopper Gunner, Nuke

Best formula for getting Nuke. :D I've gotten 10+ already and I'm level 63.

Don't forget the other part of that formula... playing against straight retarded people who are clueless not to equip a Stinger.

DMeisterJ

Banned
OldJadedGamer said:
Don't forget the other part of that formula... playing against straight retarded people who are clueless not to equip a Stinger.
Yep. Most important part. Without the Rewards, making it to 25 is nigh unpossible.

.nimrod

i just got the grip for the spas-12 and damn, that thing is a beast in domination.
combine it with marathon and stopping power and you're capping points like no tomorrow :lol

OldJadedGamer said:

well, if you prestige and are below lvl 30 you practically can't do anything but hide since the at-4 is a joke against air support.

Docpan

Anyone experiencing frequent problems with matchmaking over PSN? These are my personal experiences, and it even happened to me today after updating to the newest version.

I'll be playing a match, then all of a sudden it will lag out despite my strong signal strength and never having issues before.

Then when I get back to the lobby screen, it will fruitlessly attempt to find a new match with no results. If I back up to the main menu then go back in, it doesn't go past the "fetching playlists, connecting to matchmaking server" screen.

The Internet connection is active and stable. I remain logged into psn, and the signal strength is 100 percent. Nat type is open, and I have no issues in other games like uncharted. Is this an isolated issue, or widespread? If the former, what are my options outside of trading the game in? This is seriously starting to grate my nerves...

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
OldJadedGamer said:
I still cant believe how many times Im the only one taking down air support lol. Oh well free points for me basically.

Corran Horn said:
I still cant believe how many times Im the only one taking down air support lol. Oh well free points for me basically.

I took Stinger off my class for a few matches assuming other people would take down air support........not one of them had a stinger and kept running out into the open despite the aircraft in the air

Went from a huge lead to a small loss pretty fast

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Don't know about anyone else but I've straight up owned Akimbo 1887 users with the AA-12 + scavenger.

The AA-12 in close quarters is unstoppable

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Cerrius said:
Don't know about anyone else but I've straight up owned Akimbo 1887 users with the AA-12 + scavenger.

I prefer the Striker Red Dot myself, It's got a little bit more range.

I've played two or three merc deathmatch teams where I discover two players of opposite teams sitting in a room on top of tactical insertions killing each other, and in each case, the game has ended with a tactical nuke. It's incredibly lame, how are they cordinating this?

jiien

Cerrius said:

That has to be twitch. In that situation, whoever pulls the trigger first wins, I think.

Raide

SolidSquirrel said:
I've played two or three merc deathmatch teams where I discover two players of opposite teams sitting in a room on top of tactical insertions killing each other, and in each case, the game has ended with a tactical nuke. It's incredibly lame, how are they cordinating this?

I have had this a few times. I just kill the other person. :lol

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
SolidSquirrel said:

One person waits on the Xbox 360 guide and his friend joins a game. He will get a "Join game session in progress" for a few seconds when his friend tries to join a Merc TDM

Enosh

yay got to 70 and almost finished the SP on veteran
will prestige in the christmass holidays when I'll have time to get back to 70 during it :D (mostly for the fancy skull tag thingys)

Mad Max

Cerrius said:

They just missed, the 1887's are always a one hit kill (with or without stopping power) at smg like range. And the striker is better then the aa-12 btw. :p

Top Bottom