• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Mileena

Banned
Prestiging is reseting everything except titles and emblems in exchange for a new symbol and a new class slot. The symbol changes every prestige and there's 10. As for the audio... I agree. Even playing with headphones it's still really bad compared to CS and CoD4.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I have three classes I've been using over the last few days:

Standard:

AUG w/ Grip and Silencer
Stinger
Semtex & Flash
Bling
Stopping Power
Ninja

Crowd Control:

Riot Shield
AA-12/Striker/PP2000/any weapon that needs upgraded
Semtex & Flash
Lightweight
Marathon
Commando

lol:

Any SMG I need to upgrade
AA-12/Striker/any weapon that needs upgraded
Semtex & Flash
Lightweight
Marathon
Ninja

Odrion

Banned
corkscrewblow said:
Prestiging is reseting everything except titles and emblems in exchange for a new symbol and a new class slot. The symbol changes every prestige and there's 10. As for the audio... I agree. Even playing with headphones it's still really bad compared to CS and CoD4.

So you get ten more class slots?

Ffffffff, maybe I should look into exp grinding. :lol

Ten-Song

Odrion said:
So you get ten more class slots?

Ffffffff, maybe I should look into exp grinding. :lol

You don't get ten extra slots, but if you prestige up to the tenth level, you'll end up with ten class slots total.

thatbox

Banned
corkscrewblow said:
Cool, thanks.

So do people with 5.1 setups or whatever get any useful geographic information out of the audio or is it just completely fucking useless for everyone?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
thatbox said:
So do people with 5.1 setups or whatever get any useful geographic information out of the audio or is it just completely fucking useless for everyone?
I'm not that impressed by the surround effects in this game. In turns of similar games released this year, I think BF1943 sounds much better.

jiien said:
Just want to put this out there, and I'm not necessarily saying you are wrong with your judgement in that situation, but I've had games where I swear if I was on the other team, I would have thought we were glitching. Sometimes, you just get crazy ass kills, and care packages can rack up really, really quickly. If I playing with a bunch of friends, and we all have the Care Package killstreak on, they literally are raining down.

There are times when I -think- someone on the other team is glitching, but it is really, really hard to be sure (which makes it such a "crappy for us, but -good-" glitch). I mean, maybe I'm just buttsore that my team is getting its ass handed to it, you know?

In short, there has never been a game where I'm 100% sure they were Care Package glitching. Maybe they're just so good at it that they make it seem realistic, but in every single game where I at one point questioned the legit-ness of their Care Packages, my team ended up winning, so I figured they weren't in the end.

I just think this is one of the harder glitches to identify, unfortunately. So what's the status of 1.06? Is it up yet? I'm not home right now, and can't play :(

Like one game I had last night. I was playing Ground War TDM in Quarry and just got my care package, ran to a spot near the hole in the wall that overlooks "C" when you play Domination on that map and encountered a teammate who had fallen back there to do the same thing I was thinking of. We both threw our care package 'nades ("Care Package Incoming!", "Care Package Incoming!"). I snagged mine and immediately activated it (a UMV Jammer "The Enemy is Blind!"), then quickly killed two enemy players who had come after our care packages, losing my teammate in the process. Quickly dropped behind cover and called in my freshly unlocked Predator Missile ("Friendly Predator Missile incoming!"). No sooner had my Missile hit (killing three guys coming up on my position), but my teammate called the one he got in his care package ("Friendly Predator Missile incoming!"), followed by a UMV ("UMV is up!"). As soon as his missile hit, I called in my Attack Helicopter ("Friendly Hind incoming!"). This all took less than a minute easy and must have sounded like cheating by the other team, but it was totally legit.

jiien

corkscrewblow said:
No you only get a slot the first time you prestige. Anything after that is for a cool emblem or just replay value I guess.

Actually, you get a new class slot on the first, second, fourth, seventh, and tenth prestiges, I believe, which will leave you with 10 slots at the end.

At least, if they do it the same was WaW was.

Smokey

After 56 hrs of MP..I have finally prestiged.

I'm now up to lvl 11 on my 1st prestige, but I did not realize that I played that many hrs in MP :(

Mileena

Banned
jiien said:
Actually, you get a new class slot on the first, second, fourth, seventh, and tenth prestiges, I believe, which will leave you with 10 slots at the end.

At least, if they do it the same was WaW was.
I've already done it twice and only one extra class.

jiien

corkscrewblow said:
I've already done it twice and only one extra class.

Seriously? What the fuck? Makes no senseeeeeeeee.

But damn, that sucks. I now only plan to prestige once. -_-

Maybe they changed the levels at which you get more custom classes? I mean, not calling you a liar, but it makes absolutely no sense to only give you one more custom slot on the first prestige, and then never again.

Nelo Ice

Banned
why cant i get my killstreaks earlier in tdm!?

everytime i start to do insanely well its right when the game is about to end :lol

jiien

Ten-Song said:
Yeah, World at War did it that way too, since there's only five extra class slots you can earn, and ten levels of prestige.

Nah, it seriously wasn't. As I said above, I'm nearly 100% sure that it was on the first, second, fourth, seventh, and tenth. It wasn't just constant.

I prestiged twice in WaW, and had seven total custom slots.

Seems they've changed it for MW2 though, given the anecdotal evidence above.

Ten-Song

jiien said:
Nah, it seriously wasn't. As I said above, I'm nearly 100% sure that it was on the first, second, fourth, seventh, and tenth. It wasn't just constant.

I prestiged twice in WaW, and had seven total custom slots.

Seems they've changed it for MW2 though, given the anecdotal evidence above.

Did they? Huh. Well, either way, I remember it being mostly the same, in that extra class slots were the consistent reward for going prestige, but only getting them seldom throughout each level of prestige.

Odrion said:
Try the RPD with just the iron sights. It works really well and when you're use to it you have a bunch of other neat attachments to use. Heartbeat Sensor on a RPD makes it a great defensive weapon. FMJ makes it really useful for clearing out buildings that campers are in.

Also for secrecy maybe you should go with a silencer + stopping power instead of cold blooded. You can take out UAVs with a RPD easily and the benefits of the Pro version doesn't help you out too much if you have low mobility and use a gun that gives yourself away easily. I've used a silenced RPD before and while it does drop the damage down from 40 to 30 per bullet you get the special opportunity that's exclusive with LMGs - getting the jump on 2-4 opponents and being able to mow them down in one succession before they can react.

And yes, Last Stand owns. I love taking out the person who got me, and then using a flashbang on myself so he doesn't get the point. :lol

I've used the iron sights. They're fine, but I prefer the slight magnification I get from the holo-sight for getting kills at extreme range (I can't tell you the number of "Longshot!" bonuses I've gotten with this build). I have another build that's like the one I posted but with Heartbeat Sensor/FMJ that I use for exactly that, sweeping out campers. :)

My main RPD and perk setup is fine for what I use it most for (capturing points, blitzing between areas, and some light camping), heck I've earned over 600 kills with it, it's my secondary weapon that I'm feeling needs adjustment for the occasional points where I come up behind a small group of snipers (like typically happens in Highrise), or capturing a point in Domination where I don't want my blasting the defenders to give me away while I hold the point. Being completely silent and virtually undetectable until I open fire is all the advantage I need when I get the jump on a pack of opponents, I can cut 2-4 targets to ribbons easy enough, I just have to move out afterward. Stopping Power just isn't worth the protection I'd be giving up with Cold-blooded Pro.

I'm loving Last Stand too, but the rare time I've gone into it and haven't gotten quickly killed by my would-be killers teammates, I've actually waited it out and stood back up. Why take a death if you don't need to?

Nelo Ice

Banned
so damn these challenges i want to prestige but im close to finishing up the challenge for lightweight and i want to snag a few more titles/emblems involving killstreaks since i wont nuke anymore :lol

Nelo Ice

Banned
Jube3 said:
I cant take these javelins anymore man. Just ate 7 deaths last map. And Im sniping lol.

i usually file complaint on all the jav glitchers i see then leave since its not worth dealing with them

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
dogknight said:
Just start with a bling class, kill yourself and change to scavenger, pick up the bling weapon.:lol

Can't believe I didn't think of this.

Nelo Ice

Banned
i love when ppl use care packages/emergency air drops

they tell me exactly where they are, so i always head over kill the guy and steal his air drop :lol

Nelo Ice said:

they tell me exactly where they are, so i always head over kill the guy and steal his air drop :lol
And I use them to lure people towards me :lol

Nelo Ice said:

Honestly, aside from the first bunch of levels where you can't choose your killstreak rewards, I don't see the point of care packages. They don't add to your streak, they give away your position and they take you away from your natural game.

They're good fun, and if you get a Chopper Gunner or something then you're golden, but they're way too risky. That said, if you leave them alone, you can use them as bait, which is sometimes a useful tactic depending on how dumb your opposition is.

As a side note, WTF happened to the Helicopter in this game? It's laughable how much better the Harrier is. The Helicopter doesn't seem to do anything. It hits absolutely nothing.

Ten-Song

Nelo Ice said:
thats why i wait till the it drops then check to see if the guy actually goes towards it or is using it as bait :lol

Heh, when I'm playing with a friend I'll often always call them to my side before I drop the package, just in case there are any vultures about. I tend not to care about picking the package up myself, what matters to me is just making sure my team gets it.

jiien

_Alkaline_ said:
Honestly, aside from the first bunch of levels where you can't choose your killstreak rewards, I don't see the point of care packages. They don't add to your streak, they give away your position and they take you away from your natural game.

They're good fun, and if you get a Chopper Gunner or something then you're golden, but they're way too risky. That said, if you leave them alone, you can use them as bait, which is sometimes a useful tactic depending on how dumb your opposition is.

As a side note, WTF happened to the Helicopter in this game? It's laughable how much better the Harrier is. The Helicopter doesn't seem to do anything. It hits absolutely nothing.

Care packages are so powerful it's silly not to use them (if you're playing to win, that is).

I played a game a couple of hours ago in which five of my friends and I (we formed one complete team in TDM) all had the care package killstreak. Within the first...minute of the game, we had gotten two AC-130s, a Pave Low, and a Harrier, among other less important results. On top of that, a few of the guys had the actual killstreaks on top of that, meaning they got two AC-130s in the same life. Yes, I know that care package kills don't count towards your total, but with the momentum you gain from completely steamrolling over the enemy team with multiple AC-130s and other air support all within two minutes of play time, you rack up kills damn quick.

I think it was that match that we won, 7500 to 500. No joke. Care packages enable you to get rewards that you shouldn't normally be able to after a 3 killstreak. Moreover, as a team, we've found it's sometimes beneficial to DIE after your care package such that you get them more often, and have a higher chance of getting something better.

Also, with a well coordinated team, I have NEVER gotten a care package stolen from me. All it takes is a tiny bit of teamwork to guard the drop site. Better yet, as people have mentioned, while it's down, it makes for nice bait, and again, with a well coordinated team, that's just that much less work for you.

However, without at least one other teammate that I could trust, I agree that care packages are SOMETIMES not worth the risk. Sometimes.
I mean, really, can you argue that getting a chopper gunner after a 3 kill streak within the first 30 seconds of the game is ever a bad thing, regardless of the potential risk?
Just be more strategic with where you drop your packages, and wait till you know there is a definite line between the areas that your team controls, and the area the other team controls.

Anyway, the real reason I use them is to break up the monotony. It's just fun seeing what you'll get.

Edit: Just realized that Care Packages might be a 4 kill streak. They are, aren't they. Point stands.

I love to rock One Man Army over Scavenger. I love being able to refresh my ammo and equipment at any time (infinite semtex is sexy) without having to walk over a body going over to a vulnerable spot sometimes. Plus if any air support pops up you can just switch over to your Anti Air build and net yourself some points and stop someones killstreak from getting higher.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The thing with care packages is that the "dropper" can capture them much quicker than anyone else. The only time you only have to worry about having stuff stolen, if that is your concern, is with the Emergency Airdrops.

I thought that was actually one of the few balance issues that they put into the game that worked out well.

Of course, the Ammo care package is practically useless. :p

thatbox said:
Cool, thanks.

I use the Astro Gaming A40 5.1 mixamp with Audio Technica AD700's and I can pinpoint every gun shot and footstep around.

Rlan

Anyone who has Call Of Duty Classic on Xbox Live Arcade mind helping me a bit?

I need to get a look at the Leaderboards for the game, but have download limits in place. Can someone please tell me what the CODC Leaderboards are based on (multiplayed only? single player?) and if it shows you a "total players" somewhere in them, and what that number shows.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Nelo Ice

Banned
Rlan said:
Anyone who has Call Of Duty Classic on Xbox Live Arcade mind helping me a bit?

I need to get a look at the Leaderboards for the game, but have download limits in place. Can someone please tell me what the CODC Leaderboards are based on (multiplayed only? single player?) and if it shows you a "total players" somewhere in them, and what that number shows.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

sure i'll go check em out after this game of tdm

bardia

BolognaSoup said:
I use the Astro Gaming A40 5.1 mixamp with Audio Technica AD700's and I can pinpoint every gun shot and footstep around.

This. I have a 5.1 surround set up and I can't even remember how many people I've killed because I've had Ninja and I've been able to pin point their position accurately due to hearing their footsteps.

Rlan

Nelo Ice said:
rlan the cod classic leaderboards are based on kills death and ur ratio
theres nothing showing the total # on the leaderboards

So just multiplayer than? No single player?

cameltoe

finally starting to have cod 4 type rounds....

45ac030a.jpg

Started playing more on the PS3 because I dont seem to lag as much as the 360.

add me;PSN cameltow

Shurs

cameltoe said:
finally starting to have cod 4 type rounds....

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/cameltoe1009/45ac030a.jpg[/IMG

Started playing more on the PS3 because I dont seem to lag as much as the 360.

add me;PSN cameltow[/QUOTE]

You can tell by your score compared to your teammates that you're more interested in your Kill to Death ratio than helping your team. I don't understand why people like you play objective based games.

Nelo Ice said:
and here comes more complaining :lol

No, I'm just saying it's not as impressive as he wants us to believe it us. This is HC HQ. That means no killcam and people die fast. You can camp the HQ and rack up kills pretty quickly.

But looking at the scores, it looks like his team won the game, so GG.

Top Bottom