• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Shurs

divisionbyzorro said:
No, I'm just saying it's not as impressive as he wants us to believe it us. This is HC HQ. That means no killcam and people die fast. You can camp the HQ and rack up kills pretty quickly.

But looking at the scores, it looks like his team won the game, so GG.

It's frustrating to get stuck with teammates like that. Go play death match, jerk-face.

Nelo Ice

Banned
divisionbyzorro said:
No, I'm just saying it's not as impressive as he wants us to believe it us. This is HC HQ. That means no killcam and people die fast. You can camp the HQ and rack up kills pretty quickly.

But looking at the scores, it looks like his team won the game, so GG.

o ok yesterday i posted about how i nuked in objective games and everyone started bitching and complaining omg u shouldnt go nuke or try to unlock new emblems/ titles ur not a team player! :lol

also i prestiged and played some dom and of course my team sucked even though i was single handedly capping points and giving us the lead
btw sure it did suck that my team didnt do much at all but whatever if thats how they want to play then so be it or they just suck :lol

Odrion

Banned
Lonewolf_92 said:
I've used the iron sights. They're fine, but I prefer the slight magnification I get from the holo-sight for getting kills at extreme range (I can't tell you the number of "Longshot!" bonuses I've gotten with this build). I have another build that's like the one I posted but with Heartbeat Sensor/FMJ that I use for exactly that, sweeping out campers. :)

My main RPD and perk setup is fine for what I use it most for (capturing points, blitzing between areas, and some light camping), heck I've earned over 600 kills with it, it's my secondary weapon that I'm feeling needs adjustment for the occasional points where I come up behind a small group of snipers (like typically happens in Highrise), or capturing a point in Domination where I don't want my blasting the defenders to give me away while I hold the point. Being completely silent and virtually undetectable until I open fire is all the advantage I need when I get the jump on a pack of opponents, I can cut 2-4 targets to ribbons easy enough, I just have to move out afterward. Stopping Power just isn't worth the protection I'd be giving up with Cold-blooded Pro.

I'm loving Last Stand too, but the rare time I've gone into it and haven't gotten quickly killed by my would-be killers teammates, I've actually waited it out and stood back up. Why take a death if you don't need to?

Final Stand is when you get back up, in Last Stand you bleed out and die.

Arjen

Shurs said:
You can tell by your score compared to your teammates that you're more interested in your Kill to Death ratio than helping your team. I don't understand why people like you play objective based games.

This, fuck those people who play objective based games like TDM

LiveWire

Smokey said:
After 56 hrs of MP..I have finally prestiged.

I'm now up to lvl 11 on my 1st prestige, but I did not realize that I played that many hrs in MP :(

Do you have to go through 1-70 again for each level of Prestige?! Holy fuck...

Nelo Ice

Banned
LiveWire said:
Do you have to go through 1-70 again for each level of Prestige?! Holy fuck...

yep at least u get new titles/emblems and custom class slots this time
its also worth it just to get any of the prestige symbols next to ur lvl instead of the boring 5 stars on regular lvl 70s :lol

LiveWire

Nelo Ice said:
yep at least u get new titles/emblems and custom class slots this time
its also worth it just to get any of the prestige symbols next to ur lvl instead of the boring 5 stars on regular lvl 70s :lol

That's just crazy. So the guns/attachments you unlock on each playthrough of 1-70 reset every new prestige level? And all that you get is a symbol which the majority of the online players won't recognize or give a shit about? What a waste! :lol At least IW could've given those players some exclusive gun or something else tangible, like perhaps a brief singleplayer level setting up MW3 or something. Wow, that's so lame.

Arjen said:
This, fuck those people who play objective based games like TDM

Say what you want: IW validated this method by adding the Tactical Nuke. It is totally a legitimate strategy to camp the HQ to earn a nuke. You don't have to like it, but it's a legit strategy.

Of course, it doesn't usually pay off; hence the ire. An ineffective nuke-camper is the worst kind of teammate to have.

cameltoe

Leunam said:
Does anyone else shoot down enemy UAVs and Counter-UAVs? I'd like to think I'm helping out my team by doing so.

I shoot them down even though Im using cold-blooded. The second I hear "enemy UAV spotted"...Im looking up trying to find the fucker!

lunlunqq

Leunam said:
Does anyone else shoot down enemy UAVs and Counter-UAVs? I'd like to think I'm helping out my team by doing so.
i always do. as a matter of fact, there is a small airport near where i live. now whenever i'm outside and see a small plane flying over my head, my first reaction would "shit!!! enemy UAV!! i need to shoot that bitch down!!!" then when i'm reaching for my stinger, i realize that i don't have one... :(

Nelo Ice

Banned
LiveWire said:
That's just crazy. So the guns/attachments you unlock on each playthrough of 1-70 reset every new prestige level? And all that you get is a symbol which the majority of the online players won't recognize or give a shit about? What a waste! :lol At least IW could've given those players some exclusive gun or something else tangible, like perhaps a brief singleplayer level setting up MW3 or something. Wow, that's so lame.

huh? most if not all cod players prestige at some point
and like i said u also get new titles and emblems

at first i didnt think i was gonna prestige but its actually kinda fun lvling up again
also apparently im deadly with the usp since i got the tact knife for it ridiculously fast so i already got the knife class back :lol

Nelo Ice said:

at first i didnt think i was gonna prestige but its actually kinda fun lvling up again
also apparently im deadly with the usp since i got the tact knife for it ridiculously fast so i already got the knife class back :lol

I prestiged in W@W. Worst decision I ever made.

I went from "Damn flamethrower! I'll have you soon!" to "Damn flamethrower! Why did I give you up?"

Raxus

I shoot down UAV's when I have one man army pro on or cold blooded with the stinger. Wish it didn't reveal my location so much though.

Also, most of the time the answer is yes, only you shoot things out of the sky. They force team chat in this game and all I ever use it for is to berate my team for their mind numbing stupidity. No don't run INTO an enemy's line of fire there is another way arou... and you're dead.

Nelo Ice

Banned
divisionbyzorro said:
I prestiged in W@W. Worst decision I ever made.

I went from "Damn flamethrower! I'll have you soon!" to "Damn flamethrower! Why did I give you up?"

only thing im gonna hate is getting cold blooded pro back...unless i do the glitch to get it back in one game :lol

also i already got my weapon of choice(scar) back and its only a matter of time till my stealth class is rebuilt :D

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Nelo Ice said:
Competitive players? Probably. The average gamer, though, I doubt it. Hell, a large percentage of people playing will probably never get to 70 due to not putting enough time in. Plus, if everyone prestiged, you'd never see akimbo 1887s since they're one of the last unlocks; that's definitely not the case.

X26

Banned
You do not go 80-17 in HQ on the smallest map in the game without camping and being a general scrub

Anyways, prestige challenges don't reset once you prestige again right?

Would just like to state that emergency airdrops are rubbish, even when I do them out in an open area at least 2 land somewhere stupid and I can't get to them, even then someone comes along and nabs one of my crates while im trying to pick them all up.

I prestiged last night and found a new love for the famas, screw the ACR!

Also no prestige challenges do not reset when you unlock them, shame seeing they are worth 10000 XP each

I prestige because it keeps things fresh. I played CoD4 for two years straight, if I wasnt leveling up for most of that time and was just set at 55 with the same guns, it would not have had that longevity. Now that I'm a gold cross 55 (prestige 10, max level) the only thing left for me to do is grind headshot challenges for all my guns, which really isnt that interesting.

This time around, I'm already prestige 3 (btw, you do get a seventh custom slot at 3, so I would assume it is one per odd level) and I have no intention of stopping. it's the same reason I was addicted to WoW for a month: I love grinding/loot. I love finishing a game and seeing "level up", "you unlocked this gun", "you unlocked this attachment", "you got this new title", "you got this new emblem", etc. This shit appeals to the loot whore in me, in my favorite genre of games (Borderlands was great for this too).

Nelo Ice

Banned
vatstep said:
Competitive players? Probably. The average gamer, though, I doubt it. Hell, a large percentage of people playing will probably never get to 70 due to not putting enough time in. Plus, if everyone prestiged, you'd never see akimbo 1887s since they're one of the last unlocks; that's definitely not the case.

almost every game ive played in theres someone that has prestiged

also the smallest map in the game is rust...

Pyke Presco said:
I prestige because it keeps things fresh. I played CoD4 for two years straight, if I wasnt leveling up for most of that time and was just set at 70 with the same guns, it would not have had that longevity. Now that I'm a gold cross 55 (prestige 10, max level) the only thing left for me to do is grind headshot challenges for all my guns, which really isnt that interesting.

This time around, I'm already prestige 3 (btw, you do get a seventh custom slot at 3, so I would assume it is one per odd level) and I have no intention of stopping. it's the same reason I was addicted to WoW for a month: I love grinding/loot. I love finishing a game and seeing "level up", "you unlocked this gun", "you unlocked this attachment", "you got this new title", "you got this new emblem", etc. This shit appeals to the loot whore in me, in my favorite genre of game (Borderlands was great for this too).

I agree, my friend isn't prestiging but it would make the game very stale for me, wish your rank emblem still changed tho as its a bit boring having the same one for 70 levels, could they not have the prestige emblem in the background behind your normal level rank.

Raxus

kyo_daikun said:
Also no prestige challenges do not reset when you unlock them, shame seeing they are worth 10000 XP each
Actually some do. Last stand, Knife, stun, flash, and silence vets all reset every prestige.

YakiSOBA

question:

if i have hardline on, when i get a killstreak reward like air gunship, do those kills from gunship added?

ie: i kill 6 in a row, then gunship kills 5, do i have a 11 kill streak going?

cuz last night something like that happened, but the additional ones from the gunship didn't seem to activate my next killstreak reward, i had hardline on though...

Nelo Ice

Banned
YakiSOBA said:
question:

if i have hardline on, when i get a killstreak reward like air gunship, do those kills from gunship added?

cuz last night something like that happened, but the additional ones from the gunship didn't seem to activate my next killstreak reward, i had hardline on though...

the only thing that doesnt count towards ur next killstreak is anything u get from a care package/emergency air drop

YakiSOBA said:
question:

Yeah the kills will still add, all it does it reduce how many kills you need by 1, so uav takes 2 instead of 3, care package is 3 instead of 4.

Pete Rock

My problem with prestige is I would love the extra custom slots, but I honestly don't play enough to justify resetting all my unlocks just for a single extra slot each time. Hell I'm barely up to 60 and I play whenever I get the chance.

Zabka said:
I was considering prestiging, but I love the ACR too much.
Every one of those 47 levels before you get the ACR are painful. The first 24 before coldblooded are excruciating.

I'm not sure I'll do it again.

Until double XP weekends ...

winnarps

I would just like to reiterate: Akimbo 1887s = unbalanced.

Fuck. That. Shit.

They have twice as much range and the same amount of bullet spray as Akimbo Rangers.

Played Domination on Skidrow last night and I swear at least 8 out of 12 players were using them.

So far, the only semi-decent counter to them is Last Stand.

winnarps said:

Fuck. That. Shit.

They have twice as much range and the same amount of bullet spray as Akimbo Rangers.

Played Domination on Skidrow last night and I swear at least 8 out of 12 players were using them.

HBS is also a decent counter, since Akimbo 1887 users often use Steady Aim

Raide

winnarps said:

Fuck. That. Shit.

All they need to do is tweak the range and/or damage and things will be fine. I agree that they are pretty insane at present but a few tweaks will sort them out.

Hawk SE

What happens to Custom Classes once you Prestige? I forgot.

Does it replace what you had with just random weapons, perks, equipment?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
sloppyjoe_gamer said:
Why in some multiplayer levels does the game yell at me calling me a "Tango Sucka", and should i be insulted? :lol
Do you have a ten-inch stozina?

Raxus

Hawk xSx said:
What happens to Custom Classes once you Prestige? I forgot.

Does it replace what you had with just random weapons, perks, equipment?
Sadly, yes, every time, REALLY annoying. Still when going for the masteries you will probably be using different weapons anyway.

winnarps

divisionbyzorro said:
HBS is also a decent counter, since Akimbo 1887 users often use Steady Aim

Two arguments against HBS:
1. You don't need Steady Aim for the Akimbo 1887 setup to be effective. In fact, it's better to use Ninja (Pro especially to mask your movement sounds) or some other perk because it widens the 'wall of bullets' that shoots out.
2. Generally, these players don't camp; they run around the map almost as much as the knife runner setups do. And they end up moving fast enough to get in your face before you properly detect them on HBS.

Hawk SE

Raxus said:
Sadly, yes, every time, REALLY annoying. Still when going for the masteries you will probably be using different weapons anyway.

Oh man...

Giving all of that up will be annoying.

But the only reason to keep playing is Levelling Up. Staying at 70 doesn't seem to be much fun...

Just talked to someone about the advantage of Holographic Sights (HS) vs. Red Dot Sights (RDS).

Personally I liked the larger field of view when aiming at someone with RDS, and couldn't ever see an advantage that Holo sights had even though you unlocked it later.

*Cue knowledgeable friend about real guns*

He said a few things, details of which I don't remember

- RDS is an LED-type dot in the middle of the glass, so there can be slight aiming error due to something called "parallax" and at various aiming angles can cause error as well.

- Holo Sights utilize actual holography and because of the inherent nature of the technology is 'parallax-free' and has greater accuracy at longer range.

Long story short, in-game, Holo sights give you better accuracy at longer range, but have more red stuff in the middle aiming reticule.

After using it with the dreadful FAL (which I used the RDS), I went 35-17 in a match, not camping. The longer sights allowed me to go down longer alleyways and non close-quarters routes without fear of missing or recoil. Highly recommended for long range use!

Top Bottom