• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

backflip10019 said:
Yeah, personally I find the ACOG to just get in the way all of the time, and the effects of FMJ can easily be mirrored simply by shooting the wall more in the spot where the enemy is. I don't really understand why anyone would really use them (except to unlock Thermal for Snipers and to fully complete a weapon).

Agree, the ACOG jumps all over the place as well, also im sure it weakens the weapons bullets making it utterly horrendous for me, tho we all have our different play styles im sure.

.nimrod

ugh, i just encountered 2 lagswitchers in different matches and after that some javelin glitchers on the ps3 version. do people really have fun playing that way?

at least the javelin glitch is going to be fixed :/

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
kyo_daikun said:
Would be interesting to see that in action, I personally cant use the ACOG for the life of me and have never really seen the use of fmj.

FMJ = Further penetration (better with stopping power as well, I think it stacks) + more damage done per bullet. FMJ is basically nice to use on your pistol if you aren't using stopping power as it gives a near SP bonus to the pistol if you need to whip it out to take someone down before reloading your main gun.

I swear by the FMJ for handguns.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
divisionbyzorro said:
Say what you want: IW validated this method by adding the Tactical Nuke. It is totally a legitimate strategy to camp the HQ to earn a nuke. You don't have to like it, but it's a legit strategy.

Of course, it doesn't usually pay off; hence the ire. An ineffective nuke-camper is the worst kind of teammate to have.

I have kind of gone full-circle on this issue. If you have a camper or a dude playing HQ like deathmatch, it does help the team when he gets rewards that help the team later while everyone else is trying to get to the HQ. So it does help, actually. That is if he is using the rewards to help the team. Putting a Chopper right above the HQ to keep the other team from getting to it helps. Now the idiots who have the chopper on the other side of the map and not caring get on my nerves!

Now when there are 2 or 3 people on a team doing that crap, it isn't too much fun.

jiien

kyo_daikun said:
Agree, the ACOG jumps all over the place as well, also im sure it weakens the weapons bullets making it utterly horrendous for me, tho we all have our different play styles im sure.

Definitely the play style thing. I use an ACR and ACOG on maps like Wasteland and Afghan. Freaking destroys. Oh, also on Estate. It allows me to run around and survive some close encounters, but also pick off people from really far away. I mean, it's a Sniper Rifle, but doesn't -really- kill your view and keeps you more flexible. Just my experience though.

Oh, and also, it doesn't weaken the bullets. If anything, it actually makes them stronger. ACOG reportedly increases range, and range determines the distance your bullets will travel before their damage drops. After that certain range, damage is anywhere from three quarters to a half of their original damage. So assuming damage and such work the same way it did in WaW, you technically are doing your normal damage for a longer range.

ACOG just makes the close encounters tough (and arguably the midrange encounters if you're not comfortable with the ACOG to begin with).

jiien said:
Definitely the play style thing. I use an ACR and ACOG on maps like Wasteland and Afghan. Freaking destroys. Oh, also on Estate. It allows me to run around and survive some close encounters, but also pick off people from really far away. I mean, it's a Sniper Rifle, but doesn't -really- kill your view and keeps you more flexible. Just my experience though.

I used ACOG on estate I have to confess as most of the time the foliage and stuff makes it difficult to see anybody (my eyes are weird I think) then I unlocked the thermal scope and used that instead.

Pookaki said:
What is that?

Like the old school Halo2 standby cheat? oh noes.

As far as I understand it they make their connection lag so their person jumps all over the place making them almost impossible to hit while your easy to pick off as they please, they are a true nightmare.

Tek

I'm not a fan of the ACOG as well. Definitely agree with how much it jumps around.

I've been working towards Mastering the SCAR so now I'm noob tubin people. Its kinda nice to finally start doing it to people after having it done to me so many times.

Now if I add the Danger Close perk....hmmm

Oh and biggest fail of a Care Package...when its a UAV or Ammo. I'm always like :(

Tek said:
Oh and biggest fail of a Care Package...when its a UAV or Ammo. I'm always like :(

UAVs are awesome. I have a theory that the team which calls in the most UAVs tends to win more often than not (although I certainly can't back that up with data).

kyo_daikun said:
As far as I understand it they make their connection lag so their person jumps all over the place making them almost impossible to hit while your easy to pick off as they please, they are a true nightmare.

That sounds almost exactly like Standby in Halo 2.

The host would interrupt the connection for a few seconds, run around and do what they want, and before the game migrated hosts they would restore the connection and everything was back to normal. Until they did the same thing over and over.

I really hope this is not what is going on, that would be a massive problem if it took off.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Tek said:
Biggest fail is getting it caught on the bridge in Underpass! Fuck I hate that because I never look up :lol

whitehawk

Banned
dskillzhtown said:
I have kind of gone full-circle on this issue. If you have a camper or a dude playing HQ like deathmatch, it does help the team when he gets rewards that help the team later while everyone else is trying to get to the HQ. So it does help, actually. That is if he is using the rewards to help the team. Putting a Chopper right above the HQ to keep the other team from getting to it helps. Now the idiots who have the chopper on the other side of the map and not caring get on my nerves!

Now when there are 2 or 3 people on a team doing that crap, it isn't too much fun.
Ugh, I just played a game like this, only to the extreme. They went to 175, and then just wouldn't get the HQ. They would just camp and kill all of us, racking up kills. Noobtubing and grenades EVERYWHERE! One guy had 75 kills =/

Also one guy on the other team was a typical XBox live user. Swearing all the time, telling me he had sex with my mother, and just acting like a douche in general.

Me: "You know, you don't even realize how much of a douche you are, do you?"
Him: "I know I am, but I don't care cause your mom sucked my dick last night!!!!! fuck you!!!!"

God dammit. It sucks too, because the guys on my team seemed like really cool guys.

kilongs

Tek said:
I'm not a fan of the ACOG as well. Definitely agree with how much it jumps around.

I've been working towards Mastering the SCAR so now I'm noob tubin people. Its kinda nice to finally start doing it to people after having it done to me so many times.

Now if I add the Danger Close perk....hmmm

I also hate when the Care Package manages to find the only spot on the map that is unaffected by the normal laws of physics and scampers off to some unaccessible part of the map.

UFRA

dskillzhtown said:

Since when do you have any control over where the chopper goes?

Every chopper I ever called in randomly flies around the map, it doesn't go where I want it to.

kilongs said:
I also hate when the Care Package manages to find the only spot on the map that is unaffected by the normal laws of physics and scampers off to some unaccessible part of the map.

I was on high rise last night and my care package landed and rolled off the roof, I just stood there looking in shock.

GodofWine

kyo_daikun said:
I was on high rise last night and my care package landed and rolled off the roof, I just stood there looking in shock.

The brave thing would have been to jump after it, hoping it was a predator / ac130, then you could grab it and use it while falling.

dskillzhtown

UFRA said:
Since when do you have any control over where the chopper goes?

Every chopper I ever called in randomly flies around the map, it doesn't go where I want it to.

I never have gotten the chopper, so I wouldn't know. But you get my point.
People who play FFA-style in HQ-games can actually be an asset to the team, but when they just go rogue it is frustrating.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
The Harrier and Chopper Gunner are beginning to become more and more worthless for me. Nearly every game where I call them in they got shot down within the first 10 seconds.

Leunam

Cerrius said:
The Harrier and Chopper Gunner are beginning to become more and more worthless for me. Nearly every game where I call them in they got shot down within the first 10 seconds.

Then my work is done.

kyo_daikun said:
:lol
KYO.jpg

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Corran Horn said:
Biggest fail is getting it caught on the bridge in Underpass! Fuck I hate that because I never look up :lol
add to this when you look up and can see the symbol is Chopper Gunner! SONOFABITCH! hehe

GodofWine said:
The brave thing would have been to jump after it, hoping it was a predator / ac130, then you could grab it and use it while falling.

Hehe, what the hell would the killcam look like? Free falling with a laptop homing a missile in, calls of hacks would definetly insue! :lol

Biff

Tek said:
I thought Ammo was the worst too, until I started using the ACR. Now I will run across the map to pick up an unused friendly Ammo crate.

Mad Max

Today I was playing demolition on karachi, and I was defending B for the entire round, getting a bunch of killstreaks, but for some reason I didn't take the time to call most of them in (2xpredator, 2xharrier and 1x pavelow not called in), because we where defending anyway, so it would be better to save it for the next round. But then the asshole host ragequits the game, before a new host gets picked, and I get kicked back to the lobby losing al my killstreaks... so annoying. D:

dskillzhtown

Corran Horn said:

Some people do that on purpose. There is usually a long stream of people trying to come get the package, only to get killed.

jiien

kyo_daikun said:

Even worse is when it bounces to somewhere you can see, but just can't get to. Did it back in one of the corners on Terminal (outside), and it bounced behind some large crates. I was STANDING next to it, and couldn't get it. RAWR. I now drop it at a few select spots that I know are safe.

Haha, I once dropped one on a part of Afghan where you can literally walk out of the map boundaries and die of the radioactivity (near one of the spawns). So...I went to go get it. And died doing so. It was a Harrier or something, so I said, aw what the hell, why not.

If I have other decent killstreaks on, I don't mind so much if something gets stuck on top on Underpass. The longer you leave it there, the longer enemies don't think you're going to go get it, so they all start flocking to the area without realizing that there is a really good reason you didn't pick it up yourself.

On highrise I had a crate land ontop of one of the containers, my whole team was trying to get it (stealth bomber) and the other team were just sniping us all, I eventually jumped up and nabbed it, also I only worked out that day that stealth bomber can kill people inside the buildings on highrise, got 5 kills from it!

divisionbyzorro said:
UAVs are awesome. I have a theory that the team which calls in the most UAVs tends to win more often than not (although I certainly can't back that up with data).
I could see that effecting the outcome to the calling teams advantage.

andycapps

whitehawk said:
Ugh, I just played a game like this, only to the extreme. They went to 175, and then just wouldn't get the HQ. They would just camp and kill all of us, racking up kills. Noobtubing and grenades EVERYWHERE! One guy had 75 kills =/

Also one guy on the other team was a typical XBox live user. Swearing all the time, telling me he had sex with my mother, and just acting like a douche in general.

Me: "You know, you don't even realize how much of a douche you are, do you?"
Him: "I know I am, but I don't care cause your mom sucked my dick last night!!!!! fuck you!!!!"

God dammit. It sucks too, because the guys on my team seemed like really cool guys.

Getting to 175 and then holding off and just racking up the kills is the smart thing to do though. Although I wouldn't be talking about your mom. :lol

Mileena

Banned
My brother just brought my k/d down .2 points. FUUUUUUUUUUU

oh well I'm just gonna go try to get 20k kills already. Only like 150 to go I think.

corkscrewblow said:

oh well I'm just gonna go try to get 20k kills already. Only like 150 to go I think.

Wow, im only on 7k I think, that is a hellava lot.

EmSeta

kilongs said:
haha, I would love to find out what the multiplayer characters were actually yelling. Anyone know if they have that listed out somewhere?

Amen to that. I'd love to know what "Dragovi" (?) means. Russian I think.

NeoUltima

Jesus christ, every damn game today is full of 1887 douches. I've used it sometimes, but never again. Getting shot and killed from the other end of the tunnel in skidrow. This guy was laying down at one end and killed 4 of us just blindly shooting that shit.

Sielys

Wow sometimes I hate the killcam lag in this game. I swear somewhere like 30% of my hosts are playing from South Africa or Canada.

I mean, I might be playing favela, turn a corner and seems some sniper pop up all the way across the map, I duck back around the corner and boom, I'm dead. Now I don't care how full his metal jackets are, there's no way he shot me through an entire house, 7 shanites and at least 4 chickens. Then I watch the killcam, and I never made it around that corner, I just ran out like a fool. Or other times, what I think is a close fight, from my enemies POV, I never even squeezed the trigger

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
^Agreed, I'm see myself dying behind cover alot more often than COD4 =/.

andycapps

Sielys said:
Wow sometimes I hate the killcam lag in this game. I swear somewhere like 30% of my hosts are playing from South Africa or Canada.

I mean, I might be playing favela, turn a corner and seems some sniper pop up all the way across the map, I duck back around the corner and boom, I'm dead. Now I don't care how full his metal jackets are, there's no way he shot me through an entire house, 7 shanites and at least 4 chickens. Then I watch the killcam, and I never made it around that corner, I just ran out like a fool. Or other times, what I think is a close fight, from my enemies POV, I never even squeezed the trigger

This happens all the time to me. I'm watching the killcam thinking oh yeah, I emptied half a clip into him and he must have been almost dead. Instead it shows me running around the corner and looking like an idiot, firing 1 or 2 shots and then getting mowed down. Although, the lag has been less since 1.05, I'll give IW that.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
corkscrewblow said:

I think I broke 31k last night. It's nuts, I totally stopped watching TV too. Even with full-time job/wife, I've managed to almost play 1/4th the total time I put into COD4, which was around 28 days in two years...

KD: 3.18
W/L: 1.5 something
Acc: 18-19 or so

.nimrod

Pookaki said:
That sounds almost exactly like Standby in Halo 2.

The host would interrupt the connection for a few seconds, run around and do what they want, and before the game migrated hosts they would restore the connection and everything was back to normal. Until they did the same thing over and over.

I really hope this is not what is going on, that would be a massive problem if it took off.

that's exactly what's going on :|

Aurora

NullPointer said:
* Knife Wielding. If you come at me with a knife and I'm spraying bullets into you, you shouldn't get to finish the stab. IW should treat knife attacks like Lancer-rev-ups in Gears and allow canceling.
What if I'm in the middle of reloading and see a guy pop out in front of me? With your fix I have to die. Terrible idea.

Top Bottom