• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

I have a noob tube/ thumper/frag/ sleight of hand/ danger close class that I keep as my "revenge" class. If the other team starts pissing me off too bad, out it comes. 1887's? Tac Knifers? Javdoms? Insertion boosters? Eat grenade, jerks.

X26

Banned
firehawk12 said:
With the noob tube, is there a way to tell when it will explode and when it will just bounce off the floor? Or is that random failure?

it needs to travel a certain distance before it will explode on contact, otherwise it'll just be a dud

Sielys

firehawk12 said:
With the noob tube, is there a way to tell when it will explode and when it will just bounce off the floor? Or is that random failure?

It only doesn't explode if it hits an object close to you. The grenade has to travel a certain distance before it arms itself.

EDIT: Same time post ninja, curses!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ah, that explains it. I guess that's why I get all those non-exploding grenade kills anyway.

What's the distance it needs to travel?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Here's a army-GAF question then - why doesn't the grenade explode after a bounce? Is that a safety mechanism? Like if you shoot the grenade too close to yourself, clearly you screwed up?

OldJadedGamer said:
It's completely fair and balanced when you aren't playing against noobs that have no clue how to use a Stinger.

You must mean the AT4, since the Stinger unlocks only after hours of online gameplay, when being surrounded by players who can and will use the chopper gunner.

And cold-blooded comes only a few levels before that, so most players before the 20-levels are simply screwed.

Sielys

Sitting at 9 nukes > get a 25 killstreak > call in nuke > angry host quit > game can't transfer host.

This has happened 3 times now. I'm never going to get that title ):

I think that there is a new care package glitch, just played capture the flag and the other team had like 5 sentry guns, 2 chopper gunners and a bunch of other kill streak rewards, its insane.

Sielys said:
Sitting at 9 nukes > get a 25 killstreak > call in nuke > angry host quit > game can't transfer host.

we just did this like 2 hours ago, poor guy, felt bad for him XD

bdouble

Zeitgeister said:
You must mean the AT4, since the Stinger unlocks only after hours of online gameplay, when being surrounded by players who can and will use the chopper gunner.

And cold-blooded comes only a few levels before that, so most players before the 20-levels are simply screwed.
all it takes is 2 people. Not that hard. Still noobs. Hell one person probably died at least 3 times. That is plenty to switch from your main class to a AT4 hit the thing then respawn and do it again.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
bdouble said:
all it takes is 2 people. Not that hard. Still noobs. Hell one person probably died at least 3 times. That is plenty to switch from your main class to a AT4 hit the thing then respawn and do it again.

Honestly, with the K/D size whores out there, I'm sure very few people even have a class that doesn't have a pistol or a shotgun as their secondary weapon.

Sadly, because I "care", all my classes have a Stinger or Javelin. I swear if there was a UAV kills leaderboard, I'd be near the top. :p

bdouble

firehawk12 said:
Honestly, with the K/D size whores out there, I'm sure very few people even have a class that doesn't have a pistol or a shotgun as their secondary weapon.

Sadly, because I "care", all my classes have a Stinger or Javelin. I swear if there was a UAV kills leaderboard, I'd be near the top. :p
Yeah because if they really cared they would have at least one class to switch to. Your going to die more if you don't shoot the damn thing down. Not saying every class needs one its easy enough to just switch to one when you die.

grkazan12

Sielys said:

Hope you don't mind me asking but what class are you using to get these nukes and what game type are you playing. I've been trying so hard to get at least one.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
bdouble said:
Yeah because if they really cared they would have at least one class to switch to. Your going to die more if you don't shoot the damn thing down. Not saying every class needs one its easy enough to just switch to one when you die.

I figure most people just switch to their Cold Blooded class, if they have one. :lol

The AC-130s and Chopper Gunners are doubly frustrating because it requires two people co-ordinate their attacks to take them out. I just feel like the Javelin, of all things, should be able to one-shot an AC-130.

Sielys

grkazan12 said:
Hope you don't mind me asking but what class are you using to get these nukes and what game type are you playing. I've been trying so hard to get at least one.

P90 w/ silencer
(No secondary)
Claymores

OMA
Coldblooded
Ninja

Harriers > Chopper gunner > Nuke

This is playing in Ground War. Usually domination. I use OMA so I can replenish my claymores whenever, run around the map placing claymores near objectives and taking those less traveled routes.

Ashitaka

bdouble said:

At this point as soon as I hear that some sort of airborne menace is incoming I queue up the new class so I can respawn and shoot the fucker down.

jiien

Ashitaka said:
At this point as soon as I hear that some sort of airborne menace is incoming I queue up the new class so I can respawn and shoot the fucker down.

Same. I used to never use launchers at all (also because I play with friends, so they usually have it covered), because I LOVE running around with a silenced USP. There's just something awesome about wrecking guys with it, and it's actually really strong/viable for close encounters. That said, I've since come to love the Stinger + Scavenger Pro (I'm just about level 70, so I actually have the later launcher unlocks, but I don't like them as much), because with the two of those, you start with TWO Stingers, instead of one. Which is damn awesome.

So yeah, I do the same. And it makes dying once to whatever they called in much, much more bearable, knowing I'm about to wreck it.

bdouble

firehawk12 said:
I figure most people just switch to their Cold Blooded class, if they have one. :lol

The AC-130s and Chopper Gunners are doubly frustrating because it requires two people co-ordinate their attacks to take them out. I just feel like the Javelin, of all things, should be able to one-shot an AC-130.
Chopper gunner just make sure you are close. With a Stinger even with flares you can still shoot it down. The AC is a bit more challenging but 2 quick stingers and you can take it out.
Ashitaka said:
Yep yep. Sometimes its already down before I respawn but just in case I always have a stinger load out for this situation. Really all but the AC is easy to dispatch and I've found lately most things are shot down very quickly in objective based games.

Dileas

firehawk12 said:
Here's a army-GAF question then - why doesn't the grenade explode after a bounce? Is that a safety mechanism? Like if you shoot the grenade too close to yourself, clearly you screwed up?

I assume you're asking about the m203 40mm?

The 40mm grenade has a safety feature where it requires the round to spin a certain amount of times before it's armed. If I remember correctly from my basic, it arms at around 11 to 18 meters. The reason for this is to ensure the shooter is out of the blast radius.

jiien said:
Same. I used to never use launchers at all (also because I play with friends, so they usually have it covered), because I LOVE running around with a silenced USP. There's just something awesome about wrecking guys with it, and it's actually really strong/viable for close encounters. That said, I've since come to love the Stinger + Scavenger Pro (I'm just about level 70, so I actually have the later launcher unlocks, but I don't like them as much), because with the two of those, you start with TWO Stingers, instead of one. Which is damn awesome.
Um, you always start with two Stingers.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Extended clip is taking so long.....After probably 205-ish games of using FMJ I have 16 penetration kills. Why the hell do I need 40? Argh.

Wait, so One Man Army lets you switch class over and over and over? I just assumed it was one switch per life. Wow. This game is getting more and more embarrassing every day.

Belfast

BolognaSoup said:
Wait, so One Man Army lets you switch class over and over and over? I just assumed it was one switch per life. Wow. This game is getting more and more embarrassing every day.

Well, you sacrifice your secondary weapon for it.

firehawk12 said:

Yeah its a safety mechanism. It has to travel a certain distance before it is armed.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
CartridgeBlower said:
From the many posts in this thread, I'm saddened about how many people seem to only care about getting nukes.

Well, why not? Auto win in every mode was a dumb decision, might as well exploit it.

Belfast said:
Well, you sacrifice your secondary weapon for it.

BolognaSoup said:

I'll say this a million times... giving up your secondary is the only thing that balances OMA. Think launchers. You cannot shoot down a large killstreak quickly without a launcher. Yeah LMG class can take down attack chopper, harrier, pavelow and chopper gunner.... after you put a full mag into it. And then theres the AC-130, you have to have a launcher for that thing.

I use OMA a lot now though, and I will say it is a great perk to use if you wanna hold of your own section of the map.

careful

OldJadedGamer said:
I hardly ever play regular TDM and mostly just play hardcore but played last night and watched the killcam since I never see it and OMG people... does everyone just use thermal and zoom in and shoot the first white thing that appears on their screen?

I always run cold blooded with my HC class but switched it to stopping power for regular TDM since people don't die when you shoot them in that mode. I am really stunned at all the heartbeat monitors and thermals.
I play regular TDM 99% of the time and I rarely see anyone with thermal and a small number of people with HBS. Must've been your luck. ;)

BolognaSoup said:

Yea dude except thats the fucking POINT, you are a one man army, not only is it balanced but completely fair, you lose your Perk One slot (Marathon, Sleight of Hand, Bling Pro are all really good valid choices) and you lose Secondary (No launchers, No 1887 akimbos)

I'd say its JUST about balanced when taking those into account.

But good job making a generalization about a pretty awesome game based on one perks advantage, which is basically the definition of a Perk in the first place. :lol

Eric WK

BolognaSoup said:

So tell me, how many matches have you played that were swung because of a player using OMA?

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
BolognaSoup said:

Really?

Way to overreact. OMA is just fine.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Eric WK said:
So tell me, how many matches have you played that were swung because of a player using OMA?
Oh man, where to start!
..... Zero

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Grady Durden said:
Sorry if old but Major Nelson just tweeted that the javelin glitch patch will go up early Friday morning.

Finally.
Great news. I was hoping they'd get it up before the weekend... I'm sure the javelin glitchers that heard about this will be having their last hurrah tonight.

jiien

buy teh haloz said:
Um, you always start with two Stingers.

Seriously? I always assumed it was only one because if it was two, it would say x2 in the loadout, like it does for RPG.

Well, I've never used Stinger without having Scavenger Pro on, so yeah. My bad.

Mogg0

Banned
I'm a beast at this game on FFA.

Team Deathmatch... not so much. I'm barely above average.

EXPLAIN THAT TO ME.

I can't remember a single game in the last 100 when I wasn't Top 2 at least.

Mogg0 said:
I'm a beast at this game on FFA.

Team Deathmatch... not so much. I'm barely above average.

EXPLAIN THAT TO ME.

I can't remember a single game in the last 100 when I wasn't Top 2 at least.

Cause you just point and shoot at everything in FFA, while with teams you have to be more strategic than that, more so if you're in a gametype with friendly fire on.

WWWWOOOOOWWWW, so there's a glitch where you can put Sentry guns INSIDE walls, and various objects? Luckily, I haven't seen it in a match yet but what the hell is going on with this game?

Scarecrow said:
What advice could you give to a new-ish player trying to get better at sniper rifles?

Try sniping with coldblooded, ninja and sleight of hand. use thermal for a change when you unlock it.
Use the places where people often snipe you the most from, watch the kill cams.
use your claymores and dont choose too obvious places, try to move around a bit in the place that you are in, also dont wait too long to fire, some times its better to chance than sit and wait for a better view.

Also watch some videos on youtube.

ZeroRay

corkscrewblow said:
LTTP: TAR-21

Best iron sights in the game. I'll be alternating between TAR and M16 from now on.

YES! Using it for my silencer/HBS stealth class. Although who needs stealth when you have the knife class. :lol

PhatSaqs

Banned
Cerrius said:
Really?

Way to overreact. OMA is just fine.
I disagree. OMA is broken. You can switch to the same class and get full loadout back. Claymores, grenades, etc. I abused the hell outta this for a while and took me from 1.26 to 1.51 in a couple days.

Even if they eliminate the same class switch you can make two of the same class and alternate between the two and get full loadout.

Not sure what they need to do but they need to do something IMO.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Ugh I feel lame. Was in a TDM where other team was using alot of 2x1887s. After dying a shitload of times I pulled out my 2xRangers. Did better but damnit I wanted to level another gun up :lol

Fina1e

After using the M16 for a while, I went back to the Famas. M16 just seems a lot more random and the hip fire is completely awful in comparison.

Top Bottom