• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
PhatSaqs said:
I disagree. OMA is broken. You can switch to the same class and get full loadout back. Claymores, grenades, etc. I abused the hell outta this for a while and took me from 1.26 to 1.51 in a couple days.

Even if they eliminate the same class switch you can make two of the same class and alternate between the two and get full loadout.

Not sure what they need to do but they need to do something IMO.

I've never seen One Man Army have any significant effect on any matches I've ever played. Someone camping in a room with some claymores always gets rooted out rather quickly in the matches I participate in. I just don't see it.

There are far larger balance issues to address IMO. Namely the 1887s and Sonic the Hedgehog Knifers.

KaYotiX

Banned
Cerrius said:
I've never seen One Man Army have any significant effect on any matches I've ever played. Someone camping in a room with some claymores always gets rooted out rather quickly in the matches I participate in. I just don't see it.

There are far larger balance issues to address IMO. Namely the 1887s and Sonic the Hedgehog Knifers.

Agree with this 100%

OMA is decent at best...ive used it and id rather have a stinger missle or my Raffica

Zeitgeister said:
You must mean the AT4, since the Stinger unlocks only after hours of online gameplay, when being surrounded by players who can and will use the chopper gunner.

And cold-blooded comes only a few levels before that, so most players before the 20-levels are simply screwed.

If you are below level 20 you shouldn't be getting paired with someone getting a 40 kill streak.

jiien

KaYotiX said:
Agree with this 100%

OMA is decent at best...ive used it and id rather have a stinger missle or my Raffica

Agree. OMA is nowhere near broken at all. It's basically the same exact thing as Scavenger when it comes to replenishing your ammo and such. It lets you be more versatile with your primary, and less versatile with your Secondary. I don't see anything stupidly overpowered in that.

And as far as my experience has been, as someone said earlier, I have yet to run into a match where OMA completely broke the game experience.

The same cannot be said for 1887's.

Edit: On that note, I seriously don't think the Knifing class is broken either. Why do people feel that way? The class is stupid when it comes to range, and is only viable up close. REALLY up close. Yeah, Commando extends that range, but there's nothing broken about the setup. It's an all-or-nothing class. It owns everything within 20 feet, but it fails beyond that. So just don't let them get that close. And people have to start playing smarter. People bitch when a Knifer gets them from behind. Well, then stop staring at that one window far away, and start moving around? And if he knifed you from in front of you, then stop standing in tight corridors with a long-range gun, or work on your accuracy/twitch.

jiien said:
Agree. OMA is nowhere near broken at all. It's basically the same exact thing as Scavenger when it comes to replenishing your ammo and such. It lets you be more versatile with your primary, and less versatile with your Secondary. I don't see anything stupidly overpowered in that.

And as far as my experience has been, as someone said earlier, I have yet to run into a match where OMA completely broke the game experience.

Edit: On that note, I seriously don't think the Knifing class is broken either. Why do people feel that way? The class is stupid when it comes to range, and is only viable up close. REALLY up close. Yeah, Commando extends that range, but there's nothing broken about the setup. It's an all-or-nothing class. It owns everything within 20 feet, but it fails beyond that. So just don't let them get that close. And people have to start playing smarter. People bitch when a Knifer gets them from behind. Well, then stop staring at that one window far away, and start moving around? And if he knifed you from in front of you, then stop standing in tight corridors with a long-range gun, or work on your accuracy/twitch.

i know what you're saying. Ive played as the knife class for hours.

At its core i think it isnt broken, but i feel that much of the hate (at least in my experience) comes from a situation where you get the first shot, but the next thing you know you are cut.

Now obviously this is an issue with latency, and with a game as fast as CoD, it becomes pretty exaggerated. I think that a possible solution would be to implement the Gears method of either slowing you down if you get shot or cancelling any lunge.

Ive had many experiences of either getting hit while knifing or hitting someone while they are trying to knife me, and the knifing player leaves victorious. I believe it should be the other way around, giving advantage to the much faster bullets.

You should be rewarded in that load-out for being able to avoid getting shot.

OldJadedGamer said:
If you are below level 20 you shouldn't be getting paired with someone getting a 40 kill streak.

Yea you should, there's no real MM behind this game, just puts people together who want to play the same playlist. Just yesterday I got put in a lobby of a whole bunch of 1's and 4's and completely new accounts and I'm almost at 2nd prestige and have 4 days time online.

Manp

NullPointer said:
That is no lie :lol :lol

I guess my frustrations come from how much MW2 does right in terms of graphics, framerate, controls, ease, etc, for it to be such an unbalanced mess when it comes to versus.

As it is, my performance is completely dictated by whether I've got 4 bars or 3, and most of the tactics being utilized only exacerbate things.
hey, don't get me wrong, i definitely agree on your point

Maybe I'm just getting old, as stuff like this is definitely pushing me further into the co-op camp over competitive. There's just so much less frustration for the time I invest.
ahah, same thing happening to me. :lol

:)

rodvik

jiien said:

Agree. Never been annoyed at being knifed or knifing. Just not a big deal. If you cant kill knifers with all the gizmos loaded onto your gun then you got bigger problems.

BTW if knifers or shotgunners for that matter are really annoying you then just come on over to HC, they are just meat for the beasts there :D

UFRA

Case said:
Whats the best sniper rifle? Something about the M21 EBR seems off.

It's purely based on preference. Asking which is the 'best' is totally subjective.

I use the M21 EBR with a HB sensor and silencer. For perks I use Bling Pro obviously, then Stopping Power Pro and Ninja Pro.

This allows me to be sneaky undetectable by enemy HB sensors. I found that this was more useful than Steady aim because the extra breath holding time isn't needed for a good sniper.

When I play Hardcore mode, I swap Stopping Power for Cold Blooded Pro and then I'm a silent stealth machine which kills in 1 shot.

On regular matches, the M21 does NOT seem to kill someone in one-shot unless it's in the head WITH Stopping Power. I have hit people in the head w/o Stopping Power and did not get a one hit kill (wtf?).

Overall, I like the M21 because a quick double tap or a headshot easily kills someone on regular matches. It has a large magazine size for a sniper rifle, and sets you apart from the typical .50 cal douche snipers. (sorry, but from my experiences, everyone in this game uses the .50 cal it seems, and they all suck) :p

The Intervention is the only other sniper I flip flop between since it has great accuracy and power. With Stopping power, one-hit kills are quite possible within a reasonable range. However, when a one-hit kill doesn't happen, by the time you reload with the bolt action the dude you were shooting is already up and running away and you're fucked. So, that's why I switched to the M21 overall.

/Sniping tips 101

Unless I'm playing Hardcore I don't snipe. Anything less than a one hit kill is unacceptable with a sniper rifle. :lol

(Okay, not unacceptable, but I don't enjoy it!)

Arjen

So i started my Veteran run, finished chapter 1 and 2, and now i'm completly stuck on the first mission of chapter 3. I have 2 minutes to get to the sub, and i just can't do it. Anyone got any tips for me?

JaMarco

UFRA said:
On regular matches, the M21 does NOT seem to kill someone in one-shot unless it's in the head WITH Stopping Power. I have hit people in the head w/o Stopping Power and did not get a one hit kill (wtf?).

Overall, I like the M21 because a quick double tap or a headshot easily kills someone on regular matches. It has a large magazine size for a sniper rifle, and sets you apart from the typical .50 cal douche snipers. (sorry, but from my experiences, everyone in this game uses the .50 cal it seems, and they all suck) :p
I'll have to try that then. How do you feel about thermal?

UFRA

Arjen said:
So i started my Veteran run, finished chapter 1 and 2, and now i'm completly stuck on the first mission of chapter 3. I have 2 minutes to get to the sub, and i just can't do it. Anyone got any tips for me?

On the part where you're coming down the hill and the timer starts to ge to the sub, I stuck to the wall of the buildings on the right side if you're facing straight towards the base while still on the trail down the hill. (if that makes sense).

I basically hugged the wall and stayed low, while launching predator missiles as soon as they are available. Don't forget about those!!

After I get to the "intersection" in the road sort of, thats when I start to cut straight over to the sub.

Really hard to explain, if that made any sense at all...basically, I stayed at the perimeter the whole time until I could get straight over to the sub, while launching predator missiles as soon as they were available.

Sielys said:
So who's used coldblooded pro and been mistaken for a dead body while prone before? I was sniping in wasteland once, and had some enemy literally sit down right in front of my, hit butt encompassed the screen. After surprisedly squeezing off a OHKO ass shot, I got a message "Holy shit I thought you were dead, you scared me so bad"

Doesn't sound so funny typing it out, but I was laughing so hard at the time :lol

:lol omg

UFRA said:
However, when a one-hit kill doesn't happen, by the time you reload with the bolt action the dude you were shooting is already up and running away and you're fucked.

Yeah I hate this.
I miss the M40. I also found it a lot easier to No Scope with.

Does anyone else find it easier to headshot in MW2 than COD4? My headshots are higher than my assists which is something I never achieved in COD4.

UFRA

Case said:

Quite honestly I do not believe thermal is all that great.

If someone is using Cold Blooded (which a lot of people do), then this makes your thermal scope pretty pointless. Even though you may still be able to pick out an enemy who's not showing up due to Cold Blooded, what's the point of the scope then if you can do the same thing without it?

It does have obvious good benefits too, don't get me wrong. I'd just rather pick out the guys myself and be able to use other attachments instead. IMO, silence and being able to detect enemy locations (whether they're in line-of-sight or not) is more important than spotting people easily who are in front of your scope. And my setup is not perfect either, with people using the Ninja perk.

Basically, I snipe by chilling out in a good spot in a bush or something where my camo works well. Then, I sit there just with the gun at "rest" in prone position...in other words, I'm not looking through the scope constantly.

This allows me to monitor the HB sensor, while I stay nearly perfectly still to detect movement on the map. I can see a much wider range of activity without looking through the scope constantly, and with thermal, essentially the whole point is to look through the scope to detect enemies easier...This makes it much more limiting as far as picking people out. While you spend 3 seconds scanning some windows in a building with the thermal scope, I'll be sitting in my spot viewing a much greater area, and I'll notice a guy running from cover to another location whereas you would have missed it since you were in your scope looking in the other direction.

Again, it's all preference, but if you get good at picking people out without anything other than your own eye, you can save yourself from using unneccessary attachments.

Damn I typed a lot for just a topic on thermal scopes. :/

Mad Max

UFRA said:
It's purely based on preference. Asking which is the 'best' is totally subjective.

I use the M21 EBR with a HB sensor and silencer. For perks I use Bling Pro obviously, then Stopping Power Pro and Ninja Pro.

This allows me to be sneaky undetectable by enemy HB sensors. I found that this was more useful than Steady aim because the extra breath holding time isn't needed for a good sniper.

When I play Hardcore mode, I swap Stopping Power for Cold Blooded Pro and then I'm a silent stealth machine which kills in 1 shot.

The Intervention is the only other sniper I flip flop between since it has great accuracy and power. With Stopping power, one-hit kills are quite possible within a reasonable range. However, when a one-hit kill doesn't happen, by the time you reload with the bolt action the dude you were shooting is already up and running away and you're fucked. So, that's why I switched to the M21 overall.

/Sniping tips 101

Using stopping power is a waste of a perk with that loadout. The ebr is still a two hit kill without it, and a one hit kill if you get a headshot. I always use ebr + hbs and scavenger pro, cold blooded pro, ninja pro as perks. Pretty awesome. :p

Btw there is a new glitch in town it seems, there are now people running around with noobtubes that fire fully automatic and never run out of ammo. If you thought that javalindom was bad, this is about ten times as annoying. D:

UFRA

Case said:

By the way, to elaborate on the "quick double tap" you must at least allow enough time to compensate for the recoil. The M21 can easily fire off 2 rounds nearly at the same time, but the second shot will miss. You have to at least wait for the crosshairs to come back to your target before the final kill shot. And with the M21, the recoil is minor compared to the Intervention or .50 cal, and so that split second wait for the second shot is pretty easy to master.

UFRA

Mad Max said:
Using stopping power is a waste of a perk with that loadout. The ebr is still a two hit kill without it, and a one hit kill if you get a headshot. I always use ebr + hbs and scavenger pro, cold blooded pro, ninja pro as perks. Pretty awesome. :p

True, that's a good point.

The only reason I keep Stopping Power with my sniper kit is because if I encounter a person who's sitting in a window, or behind cover and only their head is showing (which seems to happen pretty regularly in COD :p), then the M21 can still manage to get a one-hit kill with a headshot. Otherwise, I shoot them in the head, they duck for cover, and now I'm screwed and pissed.

I have been focusing on maxing out my perks/challenges

earlier tonight I got 39k+ XP in 1 match, I ended up in last stand on scrapyard and killed 7 guys in a row coming out of the hanger...by far the most satisfying moment i've had with MW2 multiplayer so far

oh and javelin glitchers were much more common tonight then the last few nights

minx

RSTEIN said:
I did a bad thing.

I tried the noob tube for the first time.

And I liked it.

MUUAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHA

I am getting my danger close and OMA kills right now. Works pretty damn good, had some people freaking out on me because I was killing them so much and getting multiple kills with one nade :)
Fina1e said:
Just hit a 40 kill streak.

Thanks Chopper Gunner for being so fair and balanced.

Funny because if you are up against a team that knows what they are doing, its completely fair. A smart team will switch to Cold Blooded with Stinger and take you out in less than 20 seconds. It is completely balanced.

Too bad Mw2 sold so much.....the version i bought is so gimmped and getting worse by each update that i havent played it since almost 2 weeks after getting it....

Chittagong

Gold Member
minx88 said:
Funny because if you are up against a team that knows what they are doing, its completely fair. A smart team will switch to Cold Blooded with Stinger and take you out in less than 20 seconds. It is completely balanced.

Yeah I don't get it. Choppers are super easy to take down, but still I get lots of kills with Pave Low. It seems I'm the only one bothering to carry a Stinger. I always figure that the -300-500 points a single Pave Low can easily bring can determine the outcome of the game, so it's worth it

I'm not getting a patch for 360 I just rebooted it too...

Got Jav glitchers in my last two games, guess they are having their last funnies or whatever.

amar212

VaLiancY said:
Besides the Javelin glitch, what are the other fixes in this patch?

Apparently, the Lightweight Perk has ben dumbed down from 10% speed increase to 7%.

Nothing has been dnoe to 1887 or Ranger though , 19th century weapons still remains the Holy Grail of weaponry in 21st century modern warfare.

VaLiancY

amar212 said:
Apparently, the Lightweight Perk has ben dumbed down from 10% speed increase to 7%.

Nothing has been dnoe to 1887 or Ranger though , 19th century weapons still remains the Holy Grail of weaponry in 21st century modern warfare.

Meh. Grateful for the Javelin glitch but not sure if I want the Lightweight nerf.

EazyB said:
You could always clear your HDD cache if you really want.

Yea totally forgot about that thanks.

Just had a guy run at me (I assume trying to Javglitch) with the Javelin and I just shotgunned him right down. :lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Fury.ca said:
I assume you're asking about the m203 40mm?

The 40mm grenade has a safety feature where it requires the round to spin a certain amount of times before it's armed. If I remember correctly from my basic, it arms at around 11 to 18 meters. The reason for this is to ensure the shooter is out of the blast radius.

So I assume that once it bounces off a surface, the grenade stops spinning and hence never arms itself and becomes a dud?

That's actually some decent engineering right there. :lol

Although, come to think of it, I remember that scene from Generation Kill now, with the grenade bouncing off the ground and going through some dude's head. Whoops.

Lince

Banned
ok so this clan was using OMA + spamming tubes and RPGs, awful, how do you counter that? this game is getting so out of hand is ridiculous...

Lince said:
ok so this clan was using OMA + spamming tubes and RPGs, awful, how do you counter that? this game is getting so out of hand is ridiculous...

I'm doing that right now! :lol

Sleight Of Hand
Danger Close Pro
Ninja Pro

Scar with Launcher
RPG x 2

If I get 5 kills I'm able to usually go Predator Harrier Pavelow then die.

So fun!

Also you can't spam RPGs if you have OMA.

winnarps

So last night, we had 3 people in a party. We decided to play 3rd Person Team Tactical.

Queue up, and all of a sudden we're thrown into a lobby with a blank screen map shown and enough player spots that it seemed like it was Ground War.

So even though it was bugged, we still let it throw us into the game. The loading screen had almost no information; just a picture of Afghan and the loading bar.

We ended up playing a game of Domination on Afghan that had no killcams, hardcore healthpools and friendly fire enabled, and it was 8v8. On top of this, capturing and holding points would raise your team's score, but there was no cap to win.

We ended up staying in there for about 30 minutes until the other team fully quit out. The final score was 784-316.

Anyone else experience these map glitches?

So when you nuke it completely stops the Domination points. We were at 199 with
one point to go and had C capped on Highrise.

Nuke called in we lose. Even though we should have gotten that last point and ended the game before the nuke countdown ended.

Nelo Ice

Banned
winnarps said:
So last night, we had 3 people in a party. We decided to play 3rd Person Team Tactical.

Queue up, and all of a sudden we're thrown into a lobby with a blank screen map shown and enough player spots that it seemed like it was Ground War.

So even though it was bugged, we still let it throw us into the game. The loading screen had almost no information; just a picture of Afghan and the loading bar.

We ended up playing a game of Domination on Afghan that had no killcams, hardcore healthpools and friendly fire enabled, and it was 8v8. On top of this, capturing and holding points would raise your team's score, but there was no cap to win.

We ended up staying in there for about 30 minutes until the other team fully quit out. The final score was 784-316.

Anyone else experience these map glitches?

yeah joined a domination game on favela but there were no points and it ended up being 9v9 so i quit since the game wasnt gong to end

Top Bottom