• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

HooCares

Neo Member
divisionbyzorro said:
I'm going to guess Sleight of Hand Pro, Stopping Power Pro, and...well, that depends on playstyle. Hopefully not Steady Aim, since that would be a waste with that build. Last Stand, maybe? Or Ninja?

I agree it's something close to that, but why speculate when people could just post more details?

This is how it's done.

My highest streak was 33 and I got it on Afghan playing Ground War, TDM. Went something like 51-8.

Scar w/Red Dot
Stinger (fuck you, enemy streaks!)
Scavenger
Stopping Power
Ninja

Streaks were Pred Missile, Harrier, Chopper Gunner.

Heart.jpg

I have been using this since I got it!

Pete Rock

Lightweight is kinda crucial for SMG classes in my opinion, I know it's allowed me to strafe quickly out of reticle view as my foes shouldered their weapon many a times. I use it with my dual p90's on scrapyard and circle strafe as if my life depends on it, because it usually does :D

Highest killstreak was 30 on Rundown TDM, usually rock my highest K/D with my stealth class:

FAL Silenced/Red Dot
USP Silenced/Tac Knife
Tactical Insertion + Stun Grenades

Bling
Cold Blooded
Ninja

Predator/Harrier/Choppa

Pull a sneaky flank and get 5 kills, whip out your laptops and fuck shit up behind enemy lines :lol

Never carried a launcher with it, will only switch classes if I notice the randoms on my team are being slaughtered and unable to help themselves.

I originally went with the FAL to conserve ammo, now I use it almost exclusively just for the semi auto fire. At times I wish I was more comfortable with the ACOG or the Thermal on it because a little extra range and resolution would add to my headshot percentage, but it rarely takes more than a 3 round grouping downrange on someone's chest to put them down unless they just hit painkiller.

careful

HooCares said:
I agree it's something close to that, but why speculate when people could just post more details?

This is how it's done.

My highest streak was 33 and I got it on Afghan playing Ground War, TDM. Went something like 51-8.

Scar w/Red Dot
Stinger (fuck you, enemy streaks!)
Scavenger
Stopping Power
Ninja

Streaks were Pred Missile, Harrier, Chopper Gunner.
30 kill streak
Highrise Merc TDM

TAR w/ silencer, HBS
AA-12
Bling
Stopping Power
Steady Aim

Predator, Harrier, Chopper Gunner

RSTEIN said:
The class also works great on domination. Get lots of multikills when dudes are hovering around the capture points. One time on Invasion 3 guys spawned at one of the flags (because a teammate was there behind a barrier) and I killed them all with one nicely place noob toob shot. With Danger Close you don't even really have to aim. Just somewhere in the vicinity and they're dead :lol Then with marathon you zip across the map, get a couple Commando knife kills, and kill the rest of their teammates with another Danger Close overpowered bullshit shot. Then bring out the Thumper for massive lulz. Oh, and maybe use my SCAR a bit here and there too. I love it :lol

sadface

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
PetriP-TNT said:
Heart.jpg

I have been using this since I got it!
I use this one, too. Only seen one other person online with it, so I'm not sick of it yet! I also occasionally switch to this one:

EnemyWithBenefits.jpg

Anyone get the STD title? I haven't even seen anyone with it.

HooCares

Neo Member
Pete Rock said:
Lightweight is kinda crucial for SMG classes in my opinion, I know it's allowed me to strafe quickly out of reticle view as my foes shouldered their weapon many a times. I use it with my dual p90's on scrapyard and circle strafe as if my life depends on it, because it usually does :D

Highest killstreak was 30 on Rundown TDM, usually rock my highest K/D with my stealth class:

FAL Silenced/Red Dot
USP Silenced/Tac Knife
Tactical Insertion + Stun Grenades

Bling
Cold Blooded
Ninja

Predator/Harrier/Choppa

Pull a sneaky flank and get 5 kills, whip out your laptops and fuck shit up behind enemy lines :lol

Never carried a launcher with it, will only switch classes if I notice the randoms on my team are being slaughtered and unable to help themselves.

I originally went with the FAL to conserve ammo, now I use it almost exclusively just for the semi auto fire. At times I wish I was more comfortable with the ACOG or the Thermal on it because a little extra range and resolution would add to my headshot percentage, but it rarely takes more than a 3 round grouping downrange on someone's chest to put them down unless they just hit painkiller.

careful said:
30 kill streak
Highrise Merc TDM

TAR w/ silencer, HBS
AA-12
Bling
Stopping Power
Steady Aim

Predator, Harrier, Chopper Gunner

two-thumbs-up.jpeg

I LIKE!!!!!

Nelo Ice

Banned
i love stealing enemy care packages...espcially when theyre emergency air drops that get u a pavelow that gets 10+ kills and wins the game :lol :lol :lol

Mad Max

Nelo Ice said:
i love stealing enemy care packages...espcially when theyre emergency air drops that get u a pavelow that gets 10+ kills and wins the game :lol :lol :lol

It's even better to leave one and put a claymore next to it. :lol

jacobs34

vatstep said:
I use this one, too. Only seen one other person online with it, so I'm not sick of it yet! I also occasionally switch to this one:

EnemyWithBenefits.jpg

Anyone get the STD title? I haven't even seen anyone with it.

I have that title, I think I got it in a domination match when I stuck someone capturing a point and when it exploded it killed him and the guy laying right next to him. So awesome.

momolicious said:
why are people annoyed with knifing?

Psychology.

In your career, I guarantee that you've died to the SCAR more times than you died to the knife. But the SCAR blends in with everything else. Knife kills are memorable - people remember every time they get killed by a knife runner. It makes them feel powerless. They should adjust to compensate, but most people are stubborn idiots who won't even shoot down the Chopper Gunner no matter how many times it kills them.

pringles

HooCares said:
I love when people tease by just saying the gun they use on a huge streak. I want details dammit!.

You're not in the mood for details?!?! Well you GET IN THE MOOD!! - George Costanza

Full weapon, perk, streak loadout please. Also map and gametype streak was achieved on.
Haha sorry, was going to write more details but decided not to for some reason.

It was Domination on Afghan (always do well on that map for some reason).

divisionbyzorro said:
I'm going to guess Sleight of Hand Pro, Stopping Power Pro, and...well, that depends on playstyle. Hopefully not Steady Aim, since that would be a waste with that build. Last Stand, maybe? Or Ninja?
Good guess.

Sleight of Hand Pro, Stopping Power Pro and I think I had Last Stand as well. Haven't found my favorite among the 3rd Perks yet so I've been switching every other game.

Have Predator Missile, Harrier Strike and Chopper Gunner as killstreaks. Final Stand as deathstreak. Semtex/Flashbang. Arctic camo for AUG. Medium aim sens. Wired Controller and headset. 78 contrast on my Samsung TV, 52 brightness. I sit in a slightly leaned back position in an armchair roughly 1.3 metres away from the screen, with my feet on a small, black coffeetable.

Enough deatils for you? ;)

HooCares

Neo Member
pringles said:
Sleight of Hand Pro, Stopping Power Pro and I think I had Last Stand as well. Haven't found my favorite among the 3rd Perks yet so I've been switching every other game.

Have Predator Missile, Harrier Strike and Chopper Gunner as killstreaks. Final Stand as deathstreak. Semtex/Flashbang. Arctic camo for AUG. Medium aim sens. Wired Controller and headset. 78 contrast on my Samsung TV, 52 brightness. I sit in a slightly leaned back position in an armchair roughly 1.3 metres away from the screen, with my feet on a small, black coffeetable.

Enough deatils for you? ;)

Seriously - goodstuff

pringles said:
I sit in a slightly leaned back position in an armchair roughly 1.3 metres away from the screen, with my feet on a small, black coffeetable.
Can you do a quick meter-to foot conversion for me, and please omit decimals in place of something more like 4 and 7/16 feet please.

I use an old Herman Miller Aeron chair for my gaming and I'm slightly embarrassed to say that when I'm lunging at someone for a commando knife kill, I pitch myself foward in the chair as if I'm really lunging at my television to kill it with a commando knife.

Snakeyes would be proud.

You know, for all the bitching about AC-130s, Chopper Gunners, Nukes, etc..., I think we really need to just stop and count our blessings. Do you remember what we had to deal with last year in W@W (assuming you played it, like I did)?

Dogs. Angry, rabid dogs.

Yes, I would say this is a vast improvement.

divisionbyzorro said:
You know, for all the bitching about AC-130s, Chopper Gunners, Nukes, etc..., I think we really need to just stop and count our blessings. Do you remember what we had to deal with last year in W@W (assuming you played it, like I did)?

Dogs. Angry, rabid dogs.

Yes, I would say this is a vast improvement.
Not that I don't like getting AC-130s, Chopper Gunners, etc, but if you were wise enough, you stayed away from WaW. Any Treyarch developed CoD game, actually.

Dax01 said:
Not that I don't like getting AC-130s, Chopper Gunners, etc, but if you were wise enough, you stayed away from WaW. Any Treyarch developed CoD game, actually.

Hold your tongue, good sir! Dogs aside, W@W was not bad at all.

Okay, dogs and tanks aside.

Okay, dogs, tanks, and bullshit SP veteran difficulty aside.

But still good. Especially Nazi Zombies.

Mileena

Banned
momolicious said:
why are people annoyed with knifing?
If they have four bars and you don't it's literally impossible to kill them close range. I've shot someone in the chest with two m16 bursts and they STILL charge at me and knife me. I watch the killcam and it doesn't even show me shooting. The awful lag and registry in this game makes that knife garbage way better than it should be.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Odrion said:
How do you get it?
Kill yourself and at least one enemy while cooking a frag grenade. It only works at level 41 or later (you have to have the Misery Loves Company challenge available).

pringles said:
Sleight of Hand Pro and Stopping Power Pro are a DEADLY combo. With certain guns (I prefer the TAR-21) you can win almost every one-on-one battle due to the increased ADS speed and the few less shots it takes to kill. Come across two enemies at once? You have a chance, because you'll likely be quicker than them. Plus, you can reload after every encounter with no problem (I've always done this, it's just a twitch thing).

xxjuicesxx said:
Yea you should, there's no real MM behind this game, just puts people together who want to play the same playlist. Just yesterday I got put in a lobby of a whole bunch of 1's and 4's and completely new accounts and I'm almost at 2nd prestige and have 4 days time online.

Prestige doesn't matter actually. What level are you and was this Mecenary TDM?

Lince

Banned
I'm a fucking idiot for wasting so much time on this noob game, the community has evolved into the biggest shitfest ever found in a MP game (I never played CoD4)... tubbers + OMA, akimbo 1887s, campers, laggers, more campers, knife teleporters, insane from the hip accuracy, last stand / final stand bullshit, more akimbos, nobody trying to accomplish objectives... and all that coupled with the worst spawns and respawns I've experienced since Resistance 2 = bye bye. The first days were fun with the riot shield though, that's all.

Nelo Ice

Banned
the camping has gotten even mroe out of hand well at least in the last few games i played

last 2 or 3 games i had the game time expired cuz everyone was sitting around and before that i played 2 games where i ran around knifing ppl and the whole team found their own camping spots and set up shop

it sucks but i love punishing campers with the knife class or any other class i decide to use and then watch them leave when the game ends :lol

Pete Rock

Lince said:
I'm a fucking idiot for wasting so much time on this noob game, the community has evolved into the biggest shitfest ever found in a MP game
Whambulance, etc :lol

Did you never play Counter Strike? Did you never imagine what CS would be like if it was filled with Halo players? Because that's exactly what this is, and if you can't find a way to make fun out of that then you shouldn't be playing.

Lince

Banned
Pete Rock said:

Did you never play Counter Strike? Did you never imagine what CS would be like if it was filled with Halo players? Because that's exactly what this is, and if you can't find a way to make fun out of that then you shouldn't be playing.

whambulance? well I didn't whine too much did I? :lol

I played CS Source for years, as well as some Halo 2 and 3... and yes, I found a way to have fun in MW2: danger close + OMA + favorite rifle with grenade launcher attachment, and another class ready with RPGs... I went 50-4 in a couple of games, it was fun, but shallow, I think it's time to go back to KZ2.

Lince said:
I'm a fucking idiot for wasting so much time on this noob game, the community has evolved into the biggest shitfest ever found in a MP game (I never played CoD4)... tubbers + OMA, akimbo 1887s, campers, laggers, more campers, knife teleporters, insane from the hip accuracy, last stand / final stand bullshit, more akimbos, nobody trying to accomplish objectives... and all that coupled with the worst spawns and respawns I've experienced since Resistance 2 = bye bye. The first days were fun with the riot shield though, that's all.

This seems obvious. It also seems obvious that this is not the game for you.

That said, if you think that you have to play cheese to succeed at this game, you are wrong. I point you here for proof (this guy consistently seems to do well and doesn't cheese):
http://justin.tv/evilgamer

The MP in CoD games is all about variety. There are multiple ways to approach the game, all of which are valid. It'd just be boring Counterstrike if all we could do was run around with Assault Rifles, no perks, no attachments, and no killstreaks.

Anyone know the best site to find out how to unlock all the emblems/banners? I get them so randomly I have no idea how/what I did to get them.

I use "Dish the Rock" banner, which I assume has something to do with getting assists (which I get a lot of thanks to all you fucking killstealers out there!)

Lince

Banned
divisionbyzorro said:
The MP in CoD games is all about variety. There are multiple ways to approach the game, all of which are valid. It'd just be boring if all we could do was run around with Assault Rifles, no perks, no attachments, and no killstreaks.

balance > variety, but I don't want to rain on your parade... at the end of the day I played a lot to reach lvl 70 first prestige, got 18k kills, tried every perk and weapons combination, had some fun but ultimately realized this is just not my cup of tea, I wish I could enjoy camping and tubbing more but sadly I can't.

Nelo Ice said:
the camping has gotten even mroe out of hand well at least in the last few games i played

last 2 or 3 games i had the game time expired cuz everyone was sitting around and before that i played 2 games where i ran around knifing ppl and the whole team found their own camping spots and set up shop

it sucks but i love punishing campers with the knife class or any other class i decide to use and then watch them leave when the game ends :lol

Yup, campers are the main reason behind me unlocking Tactical Knife and, thus, joining the knifer club.

Any chance Activision patches/changes the way XP is given out over objective-based games to stop the rampant camping?

I just for once want to play a domination game where people are actually trying to get the flags.

Everything has devolved into deathmatch.

Nelo Ice said:

You better have Scrambler Pro equipped cause you'll eat a lot of claymores if you do that to me.

Mileena

Banned
Pete Rock said:

The CS1.6 community isn't much better right now. I played some scrims the other day and the other team was talking shit and they lost 16-3, 16-6. My guess is that the Source community is even worse since there's more teens on that game.

CartridgeBlower said:
Any chance Activision patches/changes the way XP is given out over objective-based games to stop the rampant camping?

I just for once want to play a domination game where people are actually trying to get the flags.

Everything has devolved into deathmatch.

Originally I would have said an XP bonus would do it, but this game is different. In CoD4 and W@W, XP was the candy. In this game, killstreaks seem to be the candy that people respond to. Thus, the only thing I can think of is this:

Make a capture count as a kill for the purposes of killstreaks.

The only exception would be taking uncaptured flags at the beginning of domination (can't start the entire team off with 1-kill streak).

There. Done. Objective modes saved. You listening, Infinity Ward?

I hope IW finally implements a feature where you can auto-mute players that have numbers bigger than 93 and/or some amount of x's in their nicknames. Hell, while they are at it, mute "Joint Ops" titled players and all the people clan tagged with "420" or "w33d".

Top Bottom