• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

NYR

Hmmm.

So I played 3 games tonight. I use lightweight. I am NOT a knifer only, more of a runner. I use the sub machine guns for mobility. I exploit the kill cam big time.

Anywoo, I might need to take back my comment a couple of pages ago regarding the nerfing of lightweight and how dumb it is. It is still very effective. You do move quicker bu you are no longer a track star. It is still a tangible benefit that is worth using it, but makes it a lot more even for those not using. No more drive by knifing, which is great. A lot harder to knife with lightweight in general, so that must be the reasoning.

Of my 3 games, I had good performances with lightweight - 31-10, 19-18, 21-9.

Yea I usually have 4 bars or 3. If I have one bar its because everyone else has 1 too and it hasn't chose a good host yet. Then it fixes. Plus theres not really any penalties for quitting so if the game sucks just quit and get a new one!

Don't see what you guys are all talking about.

I see kids on here from Europe tearing shit up everyday online with better stats than my own.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Is the M16 worse than the FAMAS or is it just me? Been using it since I reunlocked it and I hardly get one burst kills as often as I did with the FAMAS. I use Stopping Power on both classes too. :/

G0DLIKE

xxjuicesxx said:
Don't see what you guys are all talking about.

You think we don't quit the lag-ridden matches? Of course we do, then we join ANOTHER unplayable game, then we quit and get another unplayable lag-ridden game, then we quit and get another unplayable lag-ridden game, then we quit and get another unplayable lag-ridden game, then we quit and get another unplayable lag-ridden game, then we quit and get another unplayable lag-ridden game, then we quit and get another unplayable lag-ridden game, then we quit and get another unplayable lag-ridden game, then we quit and get another unplayable lag-ridden game, then we quit and get another unplayable lag-ridden game, then we quit and get another unplayable lag-ridden game, then we quit and get another unplayable lag-ridden game, then we quit and get another unplayable lag-ridden game, then we quit and get another unplayable lag-ridden game, then we quit and get another unplayable lag-ridden game, then we quit and get another unplayable lag-ridden game, then we get a playable game, and an American with better internet joins, and IWnet gives him host, even though it means the other 11 players are now red- yellow bar connections, then we quit and get another unplayable lag-ridden game, then we quit and get another unplayable lag-ridden game, then we quit and get another unplayable lag-ridden game, then we quit and get another unplayable lag-ridden game, then we quit and get another unplayable lag-ridden game, then we quit and get another unplayable lag-ridden game, then we quit and get another unplayable lag-ridden game, then we quit MW2 or play private matches.

---

Some more IW community posts from the 1.06 patch topic:

AFreshMaker: "I'm so fed up with IW's lack of attention to Matchmaking. It cannot be played properly here."

BALZAK: "Look, all we're asking is that IW fix their f**kin game so we (outside US) can actually enjoy it. Let us know if/when and what the next patch will have/fix so we don't at least feel ripped off."

Sambo110: "Seems like you should either get the PS3 version, or none. Can't be bothered getting the PS3 one, so guess this game is going back."

---

Some posts from the last 2/219 pages of "*OFFICIAL PETITION FOR LOCAL SEARCH ONLY FUNCTION*"
http://www.infinityward.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=165194

HandOfCod: "They fixed the glitches and left the most important problem unresolved.
IW = Fail.
Signed."

noname: "Hey IW you bunch of ***gots, get your shit together and fix this or I'll rub my sweaty fucking ball sacks all over your faces you cu***.

beached_walrus: "Yep matchmaking is still not fixed. I tried over 10 games last night and none got above yellow. (2 yellow ping games, 8 red ping games) FAIL IW."

mr_matey: "Complete failure. Complete ignorance. Complete incompetence.
This games multiplayer is terrible, the developers are deaf mutes."

curquay: "Will definitely not be buying MW3 if it comes out. Even if it supports 'local search' (a difficult task for them it seems). I just can't trust them, NOT to *** it up."

rmerry: "+1 not keen to support this company any longer, thanks for nothing"

TheBen: "Such an easier feature that could have saved so many problems."

DamnPants: "What's the point? They've already got our money."

---

Anyway, thanks for reading folks.

Minamu

Seems some guys take the issues WAY too seriously :lol Jesus. Personally, I can rarely tell a difference between a full green bar & a yellow connection. And it's pretty common to actually get WORSE lag with a full green bar than without one, in my experience. The major gripes I have with it, is actually finding a game where all my 5 friends can play without someone being randomly kicked out of the lobby for no apparent reason so we have to go back & usually send a new invite to said person. That, and not having the option to search for lobbies only. Other than that, lag itself doesn't seem more common than in cod4 even though I'm a international player so to speak. Not that hard to find games either so far. It annoys the shit out of us when it feels broken, sure, but overall, I'm fairly satisfied. I'm close to breaking 5 days (120 hours) of online gaming so it's not that I haven't been playing much either.

Now, if people could just stop killing me all the time when I try to aim at them, and everything would be dandy :D

Sielys

Fuuu-
The game just goaded me into prestiging. I clicked the prestige option, and when it asked was a I sure I wanted to prestige, I thought "Nah, I wanna play with everything unlocked for awhile."
SO I chose no, and the game made a chicken noise at me :lol
Of course, not one to be called a coward, I immediately prestiged. Then I realized it tricked me! The nerve of it all.

Sielys

Also quick question, something weird happened.

So earlier today, I got stuck by a sticky grenade, I know because it had that "You have been stuck by player X" I grimaced and the explosion came, but I didn't die... even odder considering I wasn't at full health, there was blood all over my screen. I wasn't wearing a blast shield or a riot shield. I'm not quite sure what happened, as I was ziggzaing around corners attempting to throw off enemy fire.

Any explanation?

bardia

Holy shit has anyone seen the glitch where you can create an unlimited score/time limit ground war TDM game on rust? I haven't experienced that myself yet but you can make it private or public to join. Guess that's how all those people hit level 10 prestige so quickly.

unomas

Banned
Finally tore off a big one in TDM! I went 20-1 with an 18 kill streak by the time the match ended, and my team fucking lost 6600-5300! Felt good though, being only a level 30 and using the SCAR to do it, with only the air strike at 5 kills and chopper at 7 kills during the streak. So my KD ratio rises to a whopping 1.06, higher than it ever was in COD4. I've been using the SCAR with Holographic, Scavenger pro, Stopping power pro, Ninja, and Martyrdom. Martyrdom is pretty much worthless, I've only picked up one kill from it.

I'm not really sure if Ninja is worth it at this point, I'm only ever seeing heartbeat sensors now and again, it doesn't seem like most of the really highly ranked players use the heartbeat sensor. I'm almost wondering if Scrambler would be a better choice? Also, I'm not sure how I ever got by without Scavenger pro, it's amazing as a perk with the SCAR, I never feel like I'm going to have to worry about running out of ammo which lets me get a few nice killstreaks going in TDM.

I'm not sure what works best against the highly ranked 60-70ish players, I see lots of them going Akimbo with the shotty combo which pisses me off, and I finally witnessed my first tactical nuke against my team last night in TDM.

I'm a level 31 after my last match, are there any really good perks yet to come or weapons? I was playing really late last night til about 7am and was getting demolished by 60-70ish players. At first I didn't even stand a chance, but by the end of it I was usually going even on KD ratio each round. What do some of the highly ranked GAF crew use for setups?

bardia

unomas said:
Finally tore off a big one in TDM! I went 20-1 with an 18 kill streak by the time the match ended, and my team fucking lost 6600-5300! Felt good though, being only a level 30 and using the SCAR to do it, with only the air strike at 5 kills and chopper at 7 kills during the streak. So my KD ratio rises to a whopping 1.06, higher than it ever was in COD4. I've been using the SCAR with Holographic, Scavenger pro, Stopping power pro, Ninja, and Martyrdom. Martyrdom is pretty much worthless, I've only picked up one kill from it.

I'm not really sure if Ninja is worth it at this point, I'm only ever seeing heartbeat sensors now and again, it doesn't seem like most of the really highly ranked players use the heartbeat sensor. I'm almost wondering if Scrambler would be a better choice? Also, I'm not sure how I ever got by without Scavenger pro, it's amazing as a perk with the SCAR, I never feel like I'm going to have to worry about running out of ammo which lets me get a few nice killstreaks going in TDM.

I'm not sure what works best against the highly ranked 60-70ish players, I see lots of them going Akimbo with the shotty combo which pisses me off, and I finally witnessed my first tactical nuke against my team last night in TDM.

I'm a level 31 after my last match, are there any really good perks yet to come or weapons? I was playing really late last night til about 7am and was getting demolished by 60-70ish players. At first I didn't even stand a chance, but by the end of it I was usually going even on KD ratio each round. What do some of the highly ranked GAF crew use for setups?

Ninja pro is awesome for the silent footsteps, you have no idea how many people I've picked off just by being able to hear their footsteps. Personally I think scrambler is garbage, gives your enemy a heads up that you're nearby.

Minamu

G0DLIKE said:
Really? I don't und.. Surely y.. How ca.. What th..
:lol Well, it's true. I only get noticable lag kills/deaths every 10 games or so, if even that. I hear my teammates complain about their connections being in the yellow zone fairly often but it's extremely rare that I can honestly say that my own stats got affected negatively because of lag. If it's true that each ping bar represents a 100 pings, then I must agree with IW & their statement that they have very good lag compensation. Being in the yellow would mean you have around 200-300 ping, which I still consider playable in MW2. If you had that kind of a ping in a PC title, you'd die before you spawned ;) You won't win any Counter-Strike matches with pings over 100 imho. You can win matches with ease, even against those with a full green bar, if you have a 300 ping connection in MW2.

Maybe I just have a magical copy of this game? :lol

NYR

Yeah scrambler is one of, if not the worst perks. It does the exact opposite of what it should (make it harder to find you) - any time I see fuzzy radar I find the guy within a couple of seconds and get him 90% of the time.

Part of the problem is this is a perk that eliminates the functional advantage of uav's, except no one uses those anymore, since mw2 players are selfish, IMO.

bardia said:
Ninja pro is awesome for the silent footsteps, you have no idea how many people I've picked off just by being able to hear their footsteps. Personally I think scrambler is garbage, gives your enemy a heads up that you're nearby.

yes! on both points

bardia said:

I agree.
Also I use 2 attachments on all my guns always, HBS and FMJ. 90% of
players dont use Ninja, while 90% also dont use an HBS. I routinely see on my HBS 3/4 of the other teams movement and relay it to my team.

DarkJC

Minamu said:
:lol Well, it's true. I only get noticable lag kills/deaths every 10 games or so, if even that. I hear my teammates complain about their connections being in the yellow zone fairly often but it's extremely rare that I can honestly say that my own stats got affected negatively because of lag. If it's true that each ping bar represents a 100 pings, then I must agree with IW & their statement that they have very good lag compensation. Being in the yellow would mean you have around 200-300 ping, which I still consider playable in MW2. If you had that kind of a ping in a PC title, you'd die before you spawned ;) You won't win any Counter-Strike matches with pings over 100 imho. You can win matches with ease, even against those with a full green bar, if you have a 300 ping connection in MW2.

Maybe I just have a magical copy of this game? :lol

You must, because even when I have 3 bars I still notice lag. At 2? I might as well kiss my ratio goodbye. 2 is definitely definitely not what I would consider playable. For what it's worth, I'm in Canada.

unomas

Banned
bardia said:

Thanks for the info, I was curious as to what Ninja Pro would do, I don't have it yet but I'll definitely be using it. Sounds like Scrambler is a bad perk at best. Thanks.

I leave a room if I dont have 4 bars or if theres more then 2 yellow/reds.

Games already sketchy with hit detection so I dont want to make it worse.
Even if I supposedly have an advantage on yellow/reds I still find it annoying trying to shoot at them as they teleport instead of having fluid animations.

unomas

Banned
NYR said:
Yeah scrambler is one of, if not the worst perks. It does the exact opposite of what it should (make it harder to find you) - any time I see fuzzy radar I find the guy within a couple of seconds and get him 90% of the time.

Part of the problem is this is a perk that eliminates the functional advantage of uav's, except no one uses those anymore, since mw2 players are selfish, IMO.

People don't use their UAV's anymore? I use them all the time, god I feel so behind in this game because I got wrapped up in AC2 for a couple of weeks. Thanks for the heads up on scrambler, I definitely won't be using it.

Magik

I really wish there was a way to turn off the banners and simply have text like there was in CoD 4. Those banners are so annoying when I can't read the names. =\

DarkJC

unomas said:
People don't use their UAV's anymore? I use them all the time, god I feel so behind in this game because I got wrapped up in AC2 for a couple of weeks. Thanks for the heads up on scrambler, I definitely won't be using it.

They don't use UAVs cause they're using their 3 killstreak rewards for higher profile things like harriers and chopper gunners and nukes. I personally use UAV all the time though.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
DarkJC said:
They don't use UAVs cause they're using their 3 killstreak rewards for higher profile things like harriers and chopper gunners and nukes. I personally use UAV all the time though.
Me too, Im not gonna get nuke or chopper gunner unless its from care package :lol

Finally tried Hardcore today, feels so much different but I needed a change of pace

ZeroRay

I still use the ole 3, 5, 7.

UAV, Predator Missile, Harrier

Although I'm thinking of ditching the missile and replacing it with the chopper gunner since I usually don't hit anyone with it anyways. :lol

RavenFox

Banned
Corran Horn said:
Me too, Im not gonna get nuke or chopper gunner unless its from care package :lol

Finally tried Hardcore today, feels so much different but I needed a change of pace
Are you being serious? Your telling me that someone can get a nuke from a care package?

Yeef

I generally try to use UAV or counter UAV as well as Emergency Airdrop. I generally care more about helping the team than dominating on my own (I generally don't care if other people take my drops as long as they put them to good use).

bardia said:
Supposedly SitRep Pro lowers the volume that you hear your entire team's footsteps to Ninja Pro levels while also quadrupling the sound you hear from enemy footsteps. That seems like it'd be extremely useful, but it's going to take so long to unlock it that I doubt I'll get to play with it anytime soon.

Pkm said:
I leave a room if I dont have 4 bars or if theres more then 2 yellow/reds.

Games already sketchy with hit detection so I dont want to make it worse.
Even if I supposedly have an advantage on yellow/reds I still find it annoying trying to shoot at them as they teleport instead of having fluid animations.
I was trying to find reliable stats for the weapons and perks last night and came across this which explains a lot. There was another post on the same forum that suggested that MW2 refreshes the player positions from the server less frequently on the console versions than in the PC version (10 times a second vs 30+).

unomas

Banned
DarkJC said:

Ahhh I see, god I've got alot to learn about this game yet.

Nuke's really shouldn't be in objective games. All it does is urge people to avoid actually completing the objectives and instead mow down all the sitting ducks who are actually trying to play the game properly.

str8-h4x

Any spec-ops pro's out there?

Me and my friends, CANNOT BEAT WETWORK (echo tier breach mission)

If some kind soul would like to help me out on this, I would appreciate it!

Xbox GT: NebraskaHustle (let me know you are from gaf)

Mik2121

Wow, some people seem to like to whine about everything. Screw you guys.

I imported this game here in Japan when it got released, which meant I had to play with people from the US or Europe, and while I many times got yellow bars, I still could play with no problems.

Two days ago the game got released here, which means now every single match is 4 full green bars, basically like playing offline, and the matchmaking is working perfectly, letting me in rooms with perfect connections all the time.

I doubt it's so bad for people outside the US, because I'm outside too and it's silky smooth...

EDIT - Oh, and I'm playing the PS3 version, which has yet to give me any problem :/

G0DLIKE

Mik2121 said:

I imported this game here in Japan when it got released, which meant I had to play with people from the US or Europe, and while I many times got yellow bars, I still could play with no problems.

Two days ago the game got released here, which means now every single match is 4 full green bars, basically like playing offline, and the matchmaking is working perfectly, letting me in rooms with perfect connections all the time.

I doubt it's so bad for people outside the US, because I'm outside too and it's silky smooth...

EDIT - Oh, and I'm playing the PS3 version, which has yet to give me any problem :/

So you're happy playing with 200+ ping and the people who aren't be damned.. What is it exactly that you doubt? You think people are lying about the lag and being repeatedly put in unplayable games because it's "silky smooth" for you? Here's a forum where thousands of International players are complaining about lag http://www.infinityward.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=26

Lucky you, you're not one of them. If you were, I wouldn't be doubting you for no reason at all.

LowParry

1887's have got some crazy range. I've been using less of the heartbeat censor and more of the noob tube. And Rust map for TDM is crazy. They add that into Headquarters as well?

careful

unomas said:
I'm a level 31 after my last match, are there any really good perks yet to come or weapons?
The ACR (unlocked in the forties in think) is really sweet. Full auto, low damage but decent rate of fire, and no recoil. Been using that a lot and getting a lot of long distance kills.

M16 is alright, but it's nerfed from COD4. I prefer the FAMAS for the tighter spread.

ZeroRay said:
Although I'm thinking of ditching the missile and replacing it with the chopper gunner since I usually don't hit anyone with it anyways. :lol

Remember that <Fire> (R1 on PS3) gives a boost to the rocket and also keep in mind the splash damage is HUGE from the explosion. You can easily get people that just ran into a building by hitting the missile beside a door entrance.

web01

Agree about the matchmaking problems being Australian its almost impossible to find a green bar game because of the terrible system in place. May have to start match making quit the joined game and restart up to 20 times to find a playable game.

Treyarch absolutely put Infinity ward shame on this with their region search option which works fantastic. Shows they actually care about all theitr customers while Infinity Ward couldnt give a shit about how bad matchmaking is and they know the game will sell regardless.

SmokeMaxX

Mik2121 said:

You do realize that Japan has like the 2nd best internet in the world right?

Top Bottom