• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Ovid

I'm pretty sure this happened. I had a harrier in the air and there was an enemy chopper gunner in the air as well. All of a sudden it said that I shot down the gunship. I didn't even fire at it. So the question is....can the harrier actually shoot down the a chopper gunner when in the air at the same time?

tarius1210 said:
I'm pretty sure this happened. I had a harrier in the air and there was an enemy chopper gunner in the air as well. All of a sudden it said that I shot down the gunship. I didn't even fire at it. So the question is....can the harrier actually shoot down the a chopper gunner when in the air at the same time?

It can, but since the Chopper Gunner is controllable dude was dumb for not shooting down the harrier first.

My harrier just shot down a Pavelow outta nowhere.

GQman2121

Banned
Graf Nudu said:
Favela on medium was horrible for me. Can't think about doing that on vet, ever.

That's what I'm saying. It's the complete opposite of fun getting shot and killed in the back through a window, down an ally, in between a ladder, through another window...........

Ovid

xxjuicesxx said:
It can, but since the Chopper Gunner is controllable dude was dumb for not shooting down the harrier first.

My harrier just shot down a Pavelow outta nowhere.
I didn't even know that. So, if an opposing aircraft is in the air at the same time will the harrier always fire at it?

Arjen

Graf Nudu said:
Favela on medium was horrible for me. Can't think about doing that on vet, ever.

I thought the same thing, but you just have to take it slow, get some good cover, pick of guys and move to another spot slowly. if you take your time it's not that bad.

PetriP-TNT said:
Am I only one thinking that Estate is the worst map of them all? It's horribly unbalanced towards the team which starts from the top and getting objectives done (Demolition mostly) is impossible because the house is so easy to guard? Ultimate map for the 1887:s which I do not have yet.

I have actually grown to like Estate a lot. But I think they should light up some of the interior rooms in the house a bit, so its easier to pick dudes off from the outside.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Arjen said:
I thought the same thing, but you just have to take it slow, get some good cover, pick of guys and move to another spot slowly. if you take your time it's not that bad.

yeah i was just tryin to bum rush then after multiple attempts i realized id have to take out every single freakin guy to advance :lol

Arjen said:

I always thought the game would be over if don't hurry up. At least that's what the NPC told me.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I love being host. Especially since the guy I play MW2 with lives in the same apartment building. Some Australians were grateful too because they seemed to get a playable game with the host being in Korea. The fact I've got a 100Mb upload is good too I suppose.

My Runner class (Lightweight, Marathon, Commando, yadda yadda) is supreme. I've been rocking out the UMP45/PP2000 a lot and they're awesome. Just doing laps of maps is hella fun. I don't do that many melee kills I have to admit, but just leaping off buildings in Favela like you're the God Damned Batman is hilarious.

McLovin

I was having an argument with my cousin the other day on glitching. Have you guys noticed anyone running unusually fast then in a split second they knife you? You have like 0 chance to counter them unless you notice them from far away. If you put the two running perks(the one where you run faster and get infinite sprint) and you get a care package and hold it(for some reason holding a care package makes your run faster). You can knife people and 85% of the time they can't counter it. Thats a glitch isn't it? They say its not but I disagree.

Narag

McLovin said:
I was having an argument with my cousin the other day on glitching. Have you guys noticed anyone running unusually fast then in a split second they knife you? You have like 0 chance to counter them unless you notice them from far away. If you put the two running perks(the one where you run faster and get infinite sprint) and you get a care package and hold it(for some reason holding a care package makes your run faster). You can knife people and 85% of the time they can't counter it. Thats a glitch isn't it? They say its not but I disagree.

I think the issue here is the lunge length Commando Pro gives.

McLovin

Narag said:
I think the issue here is the lunge length Commando Pro gives.
That too but the fact you can run even faster with the care package takes it over the edge IMO. When playing against him it kind of felt like I was playing left for dead.

Sielys

McLovin said:

Not a glitch.

Man, my K/D ratio is like 0.77, when it was like 1.20 in MW1. I blame that fact that no one actually plays this game. For instance, when playing Hardcore HQ no one captures the HQ they sit there and camp the whole game, while like one other person besides me tries to grab them. So it ends up like 23 kill 39 deaths. Absolutely dumb, every game someone is dying for the stupid fucking ac130 and nuke, out of the last three games I played, 3 ended with nukes. I'm about ready to wash my hands with this shit, and go back to playing L4D2.

Dax01 said:
It's definitely a refreshing way to play.

It definitely started out as something refreshing but now its all I play. You can usually find a good group of eight that stays together for a while which makes for great games. God it just makes me want a real SOCOM!

SSPX0045.jpg

My new callsign. :lol

unomas

Banned
S t y l e z said:
Man, my K/D ratio is like 0.77, when it was like 1.20 in MW1. I blame that fact that no one actually plays this game. For instance, when playing Hardcore HQ no one captures the HQ they sit there and camp the whole game, while like one other person besides me tries to grab them. So it ends up like 23 kill 39 deaths. Absolutely dumb, every game someone is dying for the stupid fucking ac130 and nuke, out of the last three games I played, 3 ended with nukes. I'm about ready to wash my hands with this shit, and go back to playing L4D2.

The nuke was annoying when it happened in TDM to me the other day, I can't imagine the abuse that happens with it in objective based games. Maybe they should consider removing it in objective based games.

Enosh

fuck it, playing at rank 70 was kinda empty, it is a lot more fun when you have a clear goal, so I went prestige

fuck air support until rank 30 -.-

So, I finally got to level 67 and decided it's my turn to annoy the world and instantly equiped the 1887. Highrise starts, end with 22-7 and unlock Akimbo 1887. At that point I was like MEH and switched my secondary back to the shotgun before that. Oh well, 2 more levels until 70 as I just got to 68.

On a side note, the G18 is probably the best gun in the gun in the game for me. Ninja plus silencer, I'm like a ghost. Glad they brought it in, I used to be in love with Socoms auto pistol.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Man this was funny, was in S&D with only 1 guy on each team left. The other team planted bomb and dude on my team ran to disarm it then other team came from hiding behind him and shotgunned him to the back of the head. Killcam was great. Everyone in the room was like OHHH SHITTTT :lol :lol :lol :lol

Mileena

Banned
I completely wrecked this 10th prestige last night in hardcore search. He was talking shit to everyone and I rolled him 3 rounds in a row and made him ragequit. Probably the best moment of this game so far for me :D

Mileena

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
Except Terminal is fun.

I love CS, but that map sucked.
oh yea I know. Every cs_ map sucked. I wish they would rip off aztec, nuke, mill and fire for MW2 maps.

inb4 someone says dust and/or dust2. fuck off with that generic shit.

Epic Tier 3 Engineer said:
Terminal has got to be one of the best multiplayer maps ever for a FPS. Absolutely love it.
Probably the only map I've never felt like skipping. In fact I can't think of a single gametype that doesn't work well there.

I like Terminal...I like to cheese it up muhahaha

Seriously, myself and everyone else who plays seems to do the same strategy.

Danger Close+Toob+Scavenger+Akimbo Shotty

In all honesty, every map has gotten predictable and boring to some degree.
I dont see myself playing COD MW2 very long. The imbalances and lack of "fun" is starting to wear me down. Every map starts the same, everyone plays the same...
I can pretty much describe what a TDM, Domination, HC, Sabotage, HQ etc.. game is gonna be like before it starts.

UFRA

Pkm said:
I like Terminal...I like to cheese it up muhahaha

Seriously, myself and everyone else who plays seems to do the same strategy.

Danger Close+Toob+Scavenger+Akimbo Shotty

In all honesty, every map has gotten predictable and boring to some degree.
I dont see myself playing COD MW2 very long. The imbalances and lack of "fun" is starting to wear me down. Every map starts the same, everyone plays the same...
I can pretty much describe what a TDM, Domination, HC, Sabotage, HQ etc.. game is gonna be like before it starts.

+Douche.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
You know what perk would be interesting? Having all your air support killstreaks having two extra chaffs. Helis are pretty much useless at the moment. :lol

I agree +Douche.

But if you cant beat them you have to join them to be completely honest.

On Highrise, Scrapyard, Terminal I can consistently use that set up and push my KS all the way to a Choppah Gunner fairly easy.
Do I enjoy it, no...but if I dont do it Ill be 1 out of 3 guys not doing it and basically be stuck in a death loop.

This is exactly why the game sucks to be honest, theres a shit ton of variety packed into it yet most of its useless or over powered.

Id love for the ability to be able to select Weapons/Perks like how KZ had it. Id turn off Toobs, Shottys, Akimbo anything, Commando and Id drop the KS streaks back down to CoD4 style 3 for UAV, 5 for Bombs etc...
Very stale and very vanilla I know, but the game would actually have some sort of legs in my eyes.

Mik2121

Pkm said:
I agree +Douche.

On Highrise, Scrapyard, Terminal I can consistently use that set up and push my KS all the way to a Choppah Gunner fairly easy.
Do I enjoy it, no...but if I dont do it Ill be 1 out of 3 guys not doing it and basically be stuck in a death loop.

This is exactly why the game sucks to be honest, theres a shit ton of variety packed into it yet most of its useless or over powered.

Id love for the ability to be able to select Weapons/Perks like how KZ had it. Id turn off Toobs, Shottys, Akimbo anything, Commando and Id drop the KS streaks back down to CoD4 style 3 for UAV, 5 for Bombs etc...
Very stale and very vanilla I know, but the game would actually have some sort of legs in my eyes.

Games are meant to have fun with... :|

pringles

corkscrewblow said:
They pretty much just ripped off cs_747 from CS.
Talking about ripping off CS, is that what they did with Karachi or did they hire whoever did the CS map or something? Because I've played pretty much that exact map in CS a long time before MW2 was out.

jedimike

OgTheClever said:
This game can become horribly frustrating at times. For example, in one game I can win with 20 kills to 2 deaths and in the next game it is reversed, with the majority of of my deaths due to noob tube spamming and akimbo 1887 whores.

go hardcore... it levels the game tremendously.

Any other PS3 users having problems with the game consistently crashing on the "results" screen at the end of the match? I'm guessing the PS3 is on its way out, but...

UFRA

Pkm said:
I agree +Douche.

Id love for the ability to be able to select Weapons/Perks like how KZ had it. Id turn off Toobs, Shottys, Akimbo anything, Commando and Id drop the KS streaks back down to CoD4 style 3 for UAV, 5 for Bombs etc...Very stale and very vanilla I know, but the game would actually have some sort of legs in my eyes.

Why not just go back to playing COD4 then? lol

Seriously though, I maintain my play style (none of my kits have the 1887, toob, etc.) and I still do quite well and have fun.

Top Bottom