• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

NYR said:
Yeah scrambler is one of, if not the worst perks. It does the exact opposite of what it should (make it harder to find you) - any time I see fuzzy radar I find the guy within a couple of seconds and get him 90% of the time.

Part of the problem is this is a perk that eliminates the functional advantage of uav's, except no one uses those anymore, since mw2 players are selfish, IMO.

It works pretty well in Objective based modes. You know when/where to expect your enemies, so it's not like this is going to give you away, and taking away the enemies radar during a pretty big attack gives your whole team a good advantage.

Narag

Tkawsome said:
It works pretty well in Objective based modes. You know when/where to expect your enemies, so it's not like this is going to give you away, and taking away the enemies radar during a pretty big attack gives your whole team a good advantage.

Never considered it as a teamperk. Good call.

Ramirez

Favela and Karachi are HORRIBLE maps, jesus. Just do yourselves a favor and port over every COD4 map, these maps as a whole are just bad.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Ramirez said:
Favela and Karachi are HORRIBLE maps, jesus. Just do yourselves a favor and port over every COD4 map, these maps as a whole are just bad.

I don't foresee any CoD4 maps being anything but the biggest of clusterfucks with all the new killstreaks and stuff.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The only maps i really dont like are Afghan and Overpass (I think thats the name). All the other ones i like. I think i like Terminal and Highrise the best

Killed three guys in a row in Quarry in team deathmatch, both teams were at 7400 points, the third guy I killed nearly got me so I quickly sprint to the nearest room and take cover in a corner in order to regain health. Whilst I'm doing this an enemy suddenly walks into the room and I gun him down, winning the match. And, naturally, everyone gets to see it in slow motion on the killcam.

The amount of abuse I subsquently received for 'camping' was hilarious. :lol

DarknessTear said:
BehindEnemyLines.jpg
8-bit_price.jpg

That's mine. I don't see anyone with them really, so I use them.

I use that emblem, and the UAV Rays title. Hardly see anyone with UAV Rays

Risette

A Good Citizen
I played one of those glitched matches on Rust. Some guy had like 500 kills :lol

edit: If you want to try one out, search for a Third Person Team Tactical match. You'll get into one eventually.

I'm surprised I didn't get any messages sent to me during my playing tonight since I was leveling up my Danger Close perk. I went from level 1 to about 15 kills shy of level 6 by using M4 + tube, AT4, and semtex for my class. I felt horrible doing that to people. :/

Also, for this page since I really want to know if anyone else saw it....

Anyone else tonight see "2vs2 - Standard - 19mins." scroll across where you see you and your friend's kill and score ranks while in the lobby? I only saw it once during an intermission, but it went by twice during the wait for the next match so I know I'm not crazy.

edit: Maybe it was the pre-game lobby before the party leader hits the find match button. I can't remember if there was a map in the corner or not.

Narag

got2bekidding said:
I'm surprised I didn't get any messages sent to me during my playing tonight since I was leveling up my Danger Close perk. I went from level 1 to about 15 kills shy of level 6 by using M4 + tube, AT4, and semtex for my class. I felt horrible doing that to people. :/

I enjoy Danger Close and consequently accept being murdered in a rain of grenades as just part of it especially since there are so many associated explosive challenges!

Yeah, I mean you have to level it up somehow, and that seemed to me to be the quickest way to do it since just about every kill would count towards it. I don't think I'll prestige again until I have everything maxed out in order to get the titles/emblems. There is a good chance that was my first was my last though since unlocking perks like Sit Rep are kind of a pain in the ass.

Yeef

Finally hit 70. I think I'll finish off the weapon challenges then move on to spec ops. Considering how little free time I have these days I don't see myself ever going prestige.

FerranMG

Today I built a knife class and had so much fun.

Getting the tactical knife attachment for the .44 Magnum was a pain in the ass (overall the 50 first kills with the gun, until I got akimbo).
But man it feels great to start running towards the enemy team from behind and start decimating them without anyone noticing. :D

The only bad thing is that you have to avoid open areas like hell, or you are dead.

I've been giving the Rangers a real go over the past few days and have racked up about 350 kills with them. If you're within a close enough distance, the power is just insane. Amazingly for quickly clearing rooms that have 2 or 3 within.

Aside from the 1887's insane range, I think I might actually prefer the Rangers.

EazyB

Banned
Today I had a 21 game win streak in team mercenaries (so I wasn't in a party).

I think I'm in love with the silenced UMP.

_Alkaline_ said:
I've been giving the Rangers a real go over the past few days and have racked up about 350 kills with them. If you're within a close enough distance, the power is just insane. Amazingly for quickly clearing rooms that have 2 or 3 within.

Aside from the 1887's insane range, I think I might actually prefer the Rangers.

But why? I don't see anything about them that is better.

Digital Limit said:
But why? I don't see anything about them that is better.

More power up close, for example.

Not to say that you can't get 1 shot kills with the 1887 (doing so is very easy), but even a light graze with the ranger will take them down, without stopping power. I've had some (rare) moments with the 1887 where I needed an extra shot. Never the case with my Ranger.

FerranMG said:
Today I built a knife class and had so much fun.

Getting the tactical knife attachment for the .44 Magnum was a pain in the ass (overall the 50 first kills with the gun, until I got akimbo).
But man it feels great to start running towards the enemy team from behind and start decimating them without anyone noticing. :D

Yesterday I played against some guy who had the M9 knife attachment and used it with marathon, ninja and faster movement. Pain in the ass..

I had situations where he was like 10 feet away and knifed me.

_Alkaline_ said:

Not to say that you can't get 1 shot kills with the 1887 (doing so is very easy), but even a light graze with the ranger will take them down, without stopping power. I've had some (rare) moments with the 1887 where I needed an extra shot. Never the case with my Ranger.

Not true. The only way the rangers exceed the 1887 is that it doesn't reload after the first bullet so it saves you time. That's about it.

salva said:
Not true. The only way the rangers exceed the 1887 is that it doesn't reload after the first bullet so it saves you time. That's about it.

I could swear the Rangers have a greater damage rating than the 1887s.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

_Alkaline_ said:
I could swear the Rangers have a greater damage rating than the 1887s.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Well if you are using 1887s at the same range than with the rangers then they should do the same damage. Obviously if you are close to someone then they should die with 1 hit

I hated Estate and Wastelands and Derail, then I learned how to snipe. And I'm pretty fucking good at sniping actually. Games got cool noscopes and quickscopes you can get off too.

Now I love every map. Just gotta figure what works on each one.

Nelo Ice

Banned
damnit! a throwing knife just ended my highest killstreak of 33=(
i went 35-4 though also i love using chopper gunner to pad my killstreak/kills :lol

Am I only one thinking that Estate is the worst map of them all? It's horribly unbalanced towards the team which starts from the top and getting objectives done (Demolition mostly) is impossible because the house is so easy to guard? Ultimate map for the 1887:s which I do not have yet.

Lince

Banned
jiien said:
What mode do you play? I prestiged with only around 6.5k kills, pretty much exclusively through TDM. Wow. Did you not do many challenges or something?

I prestiged once... and have been sitting at lvl 70 of said prestige for a long time.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
everytime time i play i get the same 3 maps in matchmaking really ruining the game playing the same 3 maps over and over

Lince

Banned
Irish said:
Don't let that Spaniard, Lince, fool you. He's always calling in those damn predators and mutilating me.

:lol it was just your luck in the few games we played together !
lately I've ditched the predators and my setup was harrier + chopper gunner + nuke, after getting a couple of them nukes I believe there's no point in having them equipped anymore, specially when predators are such a "blast" with danger close pro.

Now I'm exclusively using the AK47 + FMJ using the iron sights, I want a challenge, every other weapon auto-kills for me, at least this one has some recoil you can control and feel rewarded when you get a long distance kill.

btw, three guys, snipers, on favela, using the Intervention, quick scoping and jumping around decimating our team like fucking ninjas, one shot one kill. I was impressed, now that's what I call skill in this fucking game and not warping commandos or 1887s idiots.

I've just been playing with the Shield for the very first time and it's great fun. My ratios were horrible (something like 8:25, with about 15 assists :lol ) but it's great for HQ because I just sat in the corner, as confused enemies tried to kill me, then attacked them as they reloaded. I'm pretty sure I was the biggest contributing factor in nearly every single successful acquirement of the HQs. ^_^

I used Blast Shield as my equipment, too, which meant grandes were like eggs. :D Not something I will play as a lot, but definitely very funny to do now and again.

Also, I just realised my total playtime is not far off 90 hours. Jesus Christ. I'm quite ashamed.

Minamu

Nizar said:
I don't really know what's going on, can you explain?
It seems to be Hardcore Ground War Domination on the smallest map in the game. It's not possible to get hardcore rules in ground war by any normal means & to the best of my knowledge, you can't get 9vs9 on Rust either, right? I think it looks hilarious :lol

GQman2121

Banned
I just went through in one sitting and beat the campaign mode for the first time on Hardened and my god, it was like pulling teeth. I couldn't wait for it to end.

I don't think I've asked myself "who the fuck is shooting me?" more than I just did in the six hours it took me to finish. The cpu's impeccable aim and ability to fire on your position instantly from hundreds of yards away had me scratching my head. How could anyone think this is fun? I just couldn't believe how many times I would be creeping around a corner and just drop dead with no indication of what happened. It was--at times--infuriating and just sucked the fun out of everything they tried to offer.

If it wasn't for the excellent multiplayer, I honestly would not recommend this game to anyone who is looking for a compelling single player experience. The plot is all over the place and the AI of the cpu jumps from being borderline retarded to telepathic throughout.

Arjen

Finished my Veteran run, only part that gave me promblems was the run to the sub.
To my suprise, favela and get to the choppaaa were pretty "easy"

Odrion

Banned
_Alkaline_ said:

I don't see why people talk about up close combat when all you need to do is EQUIP COMMANDO.
Foliorum Viridum said:
Almost certainly no. Direct hits with grenades still killed me with the Blast Shied.
I love how easy this gets rid of Riot Shielders and how there are still people who don't know this.

kaskade

So I picked up some akimbo model 1887 from a higher level and they are insane. My friends and I call them a cheat codes(even though they use them all the time). I've got some shots from way farther away than what seemed possible.

This game can become horribly frustrating at times. For example, in one game I can win with 20 kills to 2 deaths and in the next game it is reversed, with the majority of of my deaths due to noob tube spamming and akimbo 1887 whores.

I just had an awesome 31 streak the highlight was when I was completely out of all ammo the map was Highrise we had them trapped in their base so I figured OK I'll try to wait til one of my teammates die and take his weapon safely outside, cause I'm an asshole like that and totally wanted to keep my streak going. :lol

Anyways it doesn't happen noones dieing, and I don't sit around waiting, so I decide to go down to the underneath exit and I see a guy shooting and shit of course I have nothing to kill him with so I sidestep to the right of the entrance toss a flash run in flash gets me so I'm blind doing it all by memory, run at the dude who I know is prone stab him blind I'm getting shot at I've got jello all over my screen, holding X the entire time turn around and run out succesfully stealing his weapon.

White fades away...

ACR Bling. Fuck yeaaaaa!!!

Odrion said:
I don't see why people talk about up close combat when all you need to do is EQUIP COMMANDO.

Lag really affects melee in this game, and thus makes commando pretty useless if you constantly get laggy games (like I do, being Australian). I only knife when I absolutely need to.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
EazyB said:
Today I had a 21 game win streak in team mercenaries (so I wasn't in a party).

I think I'm in love with the silenced UMP.

I noticed your k/d ratio jumped big time, too.

Arjen said:
Finished my Veteran run, only part that gave me promblems was the run to the sub.
To my suprise, favela and get to the choppaaa were pretty "easy"

Favela on medium was horrible for me. Can't think about doing that on vet, ever.

Top Bottom