• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Yeef

Narag said:
Good call. They're useful for cleaing out areas I don't think it gets the play it should due to having one shot though.
If someone manages to get on the roof on Highrise a javelin from down in the tunnels takes them out every time.

Dax01 said:
Matchmaking's been pretty screwed up since the 360 update. A party and I went into ground war and we ended up in a, um, "private match." The map shown had blue and brown squares.

Weird.
Same here. I keep going into Free-For-All private matches that are all messed up whenever I select Team Deathmatch.

careful

Sielys said:
After never using that javelin because it was too slow, I've finally found a use for it.

THOSE DAMN CAMPING SNIPER TEAMS. It's fine when there's only one of them, but when you've got 3 or 4 watching all choke points at all times, they're getting a face-full of missile.
It would seem like a great idea, but most camping spots are usually protected by a roof. Can't say I've ever used the Javelin myself, but I'm assuming it probably doesn't go through rooftops.

Sielys

careful said:
It would seem like a great idea, but most camping spots are usually protected by a roof. Can't say I've ever used the Javelin myself, but I'm assuming it probably doesn't go through rooftops.

No, it doesn't go through rooftops. Most snipers I see aren't in roofed areas anyway, they're either on roofs, or prone in tall grass.

Also the javelin is great for domination. If you listen carefully for the announcement "Enemy taking X!" I can usually get a kill if I launch it at the spot right after hearing that.

EDIT: To clarify, if a sniper is under a roof and using a window, I can kill them easily as there's not much room for error, even if I can't see them. I let hitmarkers be my eyes. It's the snipers that roam around a small area that are deadly, and those are what I use the Javelin for.

DarkJC

cann3dheat said:
Same here. I keep going into Free-For-All private matches that are all messed up whenever I select Team Deathmatch.

Yeah, I was thrown into someones private room lobby and people were going "who the hell is that?"

Kujo

Wow, just got put into a game of Ground War on Rust after looking for Domination. Ended up getting 300/100 KD after an hour when someone ended the game with a nuke, match bonus was like 20,000 :lol

Happened another 2 times, this is pretty screwed up.

neoism

Damn Demolition is sooo damn awesome! I played it last night, because I thought it was domination...:lol :lol I thought I was done with this game up until last night, I hadn't played in like a week or more.... I'm hooked again.. <3 Scar<3

SmokeMaxX

Tiger uppercut said:
No, that just means they were boost/hacking. Like yesterday i was play against another team with with prestiged ten dude, he came second last. he ended up copying my class half the time.

Eh don't be so confident about your accusations. After I got 10th Prestige on Cod4/5 I'd consistently let my gf play and she wouldn't do that great. People would go into the lobby and be like "booster!" "you suck!" and whatnot. I'd then alternate games with her and go like 30-10, 5-25, 25-3, 3-27. I bet I confused the hell out of the opposing team. :lol

Odrion

Banned
Hey, just letting you guys know that you can still feign death (slam on the weapon switch button repeatedly while prone) C'mon guys, be clever with it! I got flashed and flanked, faked death, and watched as several guys just walk right past me. I then popped back up and chucked a knife at one and split. :p

Sielys

Odrion said:
Hey, just letting you guys know that you can still feign death (slam on the weapon switch button repeatedly while prone) C'mon guys, be clever with it! I got flashed and flanked, faked death, and watched as several guys just walk right past me. I then popped back up and chucked a knife at one and split. :p

Especially with coldblooded pro! I've been mistaken for dead just lying prone, no weapon switching.

jiien

MrTroubleMaker said:
which sights? thanks

For some reason, Red Dot and Holographic seem to visually reduce recoil over the iron sights. I don't believe they do anything stat-wise, but on certain weapons, the guns bounce less (such as SCAR). Silencers actually do the same for certain guns (such as UMP).

Mileena

Banned
ACOG Barrett is madness. I was just noscoping people across the map on Invasion and went 20-3

of course having 1887s as secondary helps just a bit.

Lince

Banned
so I'm using OMA Pro and having some fun, switching from Intervention+FMJ to Scar+Silencer, AK47+Nade launcher or ACR+FMJ.

Sielys

corkscrewblow said:
ACOG Barrett is madness. I was just noscoping people across the map on Invasion and went 20-3

of course having 1887s as secondary helps just a bit.

Er, how does having an ACOG on a sniper help you noscope?

More butthurting:

The spawns in this game are shit. Worse than CoD4, even worse than WaW. Spawning literally in the same spot you just died 2 seconds later = fucking fail. Plus some maps like Sub-base.. only HALF of the map is even used; it literally only spawns people on one side of the map.

I take it One Man Army isn't a glitch but a design choice? Ultimate claymores, toobs, nades, ammo = wow.

Lince

Banned
DevelopmentArrested said:
I take it One Man Army isn't a glitch but a design choice? Ultimate claymores, toobs, nades, ammo = wow.

yeah, I have set up all my classes to use OMA so I can keep spamming smoke, claymores, C4s, semtexs, toobs, sniping or going stealth depending on the situation. It takes barely 3 seconds, talk about balance :lol

for instance I use one class with claymores then snipe a couple of guys and I make sure I've been spotted so then switch to SCAR + silencer and move around, wait for them looking for the sniper, destroy them, plant some C4 here and there, switch back to Sniper or a rifleman class with nades, whatever, no limitations.

snack

Any PS3 owners here own the Turtle Beach P21 Headset? I'm looking for your feedback on these because I'm thinking about getting one.

jiien

More butthurting:

The spawns in this game are shit. Worse than CoD4, even worse than WaW. Spawning literally in the same spot you just died 2 seconds later = fucking fail. Plus some maps like Sub-base.. only HALF of the map is even used; it literally only spawns people on one side of the map.

I agree about the spawns. I've spawned literally right around the corner from where I've died before on a bunch of maps, and then just turn around and shoot the guy that killed me. Yeah, it worked in my favor, but that was dumb. He played well and cleared out the area, only to have me spawn right on top of him and kill him. Sucks.

You can get unlimited all that crap with Scavenger as well. The only difference is that you also get a Secondary (hello Thumper or RPG), and if you're decent, it's not hard to walk over dead bodies. And there's no downtime.

Mojo said:
Wow, just got put into a game of Ground War on Rust after looking for Domination. Ended up getting 300/100 KD after an hour when someone ended the game with a nuke, match bonus was like 20,000 :lol

Happened another 2 times, this is pretty screwed up.
Alright I learned how to do this shit and hope it gets patched. You need 3 people in a party chat, let's call them A, B, and C and you need someone that can migrate a host.

So person A invites person B to a lobby. Person A chooses domination and it's going to ask to go into game chat. Press B and then go back into the lobby. Person A chooses private match and them map rust, domination type, unlimited score and time and no kill cam. Then person A starts the private game. When person A and B are on the game then person C invites person A to a game so when he leaves person B will migrate host. When this is done person B ends the game, changes his clan tag to abcd, invites person A and C and then go to find match and hover over but do not press domination. If done right then people should start coming in.

I know this is hard to believe but I was doing it yesterday with my friends and can't believe it worked.

Nelo Ice

Banned
salva said:
Alright I learned how to do this shit and hope it gets patched. You need 3 people in a party chat, let's call them A, B, and C and you need someone that can migrate a host.

So person A invites person B to a lobby. Person A chooses domination and it's going to ask to go into game chat. Press B and then go back into the lobby. Person A chooses private match and them map rust, domination type, unlimited score and time and no kill cam. Then person A starts the private game. When person A and B are on the game then person C invites person A to a game so when he leaves person B will migrate host. When this is done person B ends the game, changes his clan tag to abcd, invites person A and C and then go to find match and hover over but do not press domination. If done right then people should start coming in.

I know this is hard to believe but I was doing it yesterday with my friends and can't believe it worked.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onoEPahcX8Y

Odrion said:
Man, larcha got commando'd.

2e4hmrk.jpg

Indeed, you dont fuck with commando. :D

kuYuri

Yeah, my party and I kept getting thrown into random private matches yesterday, it was getting on our nerves. Latest patch apparently broke matchmaking even more.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Anyone know why my PS3 says I'm NAT type 2...and on MW2 it changes from "Open" to "Moderate" without notice?

I cant join lobbies, get thrown out of games...

This is the first game that disputes my internet connection...WTF...I have a 10mb connection btw and I have all the necessary ports open...e.g. 5223, 3478, 3079 and 3658.

snack

F#A#Oo said:
Anyone know why my PS3 says I'm NAT type 2...and on MW2 it changes from "Open" to "Moderate" without notice?

I cant join lobbies, get thrown out of games...

This is the first game that disputes my internet connection...WTF...I have a 10mb connection btw and I have all the necessary ports open...e.g. 5223, 3478, 3079 and 3658.

My MW2 is "Open" all the time but it changed from "Open" to "Moderate" a few days ago. That was the only time it happened. I have no idea why. I'm also on NAT2.

Minamu

i think I've bought a bad hdmi cable or something :'( Maybe I stretched it too much after opening the package? Ever since I got my elite, half of the screen, at least in mw2, haven't tried any other games since it came out, flickers for an instant every now & then. Not very often but enough to be noticable. And today, while playing on Scrapyard, my screen went completely black for 2 seconds, though the game continued on fine after that with no flickering for at least 3 maps until I rage quit :lol It's a brand new elite, new cable & a hdmi port I've never used before. Ideas? Common symptoms of a bad cable, right?

DMeisterJ

Banned
OMA would be useful if you didn't lose your secondary, which means you lose your weapon for close-ranged fights in most cases. And unlimited stuff is negated if you have Scavenger...

Anyone else not use a RDS with the AK47? since it has an immense amount of recoil, the sights just flip out all over the place, and I do
better without it, even over long ranges...

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
noire said:
Hit level 70 today and finally unlocked the USP tac knife.

I'm terrible with the knife runner, but holy shit is it fun.
Tac. Knife class is fun. Its always my backup class for whenever I have a bad start to a match.

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
More butthurting:

The spawns in this game are shit. Worse than CoD4, even worse than WaW. Spawning literally in the same spot you just died 2 seconds later = fucking fail. Plus some maps like Sub-base.. only HALF of the map is even used; it literally only spawns people on one side of the map..
Agreed. I noticed a spawn error today in Hardcore Team Death Match, only I was more the benefactor of the situation.

Three enemies appeared directly in front of me (no more than 5 metres away) in one of the buildings on highrise. Meanwhile, I had a full clip left in my ACOG scoped Mini-Uzi, and only needed another 2 kills for an Attack Chopper. Knowing that they'd have to wait another agonising 5-15 seconds to respawn made me hesitate for a moment, but the "kill or be killed" mantra of the game won inevitably through.

Who knows what they howled into their microphone afterwards. That's the only time I've been a direct witness to it, but I'm sure I've been on the receiving end more often.

F#A#Oo

Banned
When you die you get spawned as close as possible to the person who killed you thus allowing for a chance at getting "Payback"...

Take that how you want but that is why you will encounter certain shitty spawn situations...

jiien

noire said:
Hit level 70 today and finally unlocked the USP tac knife.

I'm terrible with the knife runner, but holy shit is it fun.

Haha, that happened to me last prestige, pretty much, so this one, I've unlocked the Tac Knife before level 20. :p

Putting a silencer on the USP makes it soooo easy to kill people will. You get the jump on them, and they have no idea what's going on.

J-Rzez

Wow. Somehow match making is even more bunked up than before. Getting thrown into all sorts of private matches, one of which everyone spawning in the air on derailed falling down into a bottomless pit.

careful

J-Rzez said:
Wow. Somehow match making is even more bunked up than before. Getting thrown into all sorts of private matches, one of which everyone spawning in the air on derailed falling down into a bottomless pit.
:lol wtf
Haven't gotten into any of these crazy private games yet. Is it only happening on 360?

Roxas said:
Starting to dislike the MP mode now. Every cunt and their mother uses Stopping Power pro. What a shitty perk.
That makes no sense.
Care to elaborate?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Roxas said:
Starting to dislike the MP mode now. Every -snip- and their mother uses Stopping Power pro. What a shitty perk.

Oh boy.

What's wrong with stopping power?

Risette

A Good Citizen
The matchmaking is really crappy for some reason, I keep getting put into the same couple maps that I hate a lot. Underpass, Karachi, Derail, Sub Base, Scrapyard..

I wish this game let you select which maps you want to join. There's some maps that I seriously cannot have any fun on.

Roxas

careful said:
Haven't gotten into any of these crazy private games yet. Is it only happening on 360?

That makes no sense.
Care to elaborate?

It doesnt matter which gun you use, as long as the other guy has stopping power, your fucked.

In other words, no skill involved (i know CoD and skill dont exactly go hand in hand anyway)

Roxas said:
Starting to dislike the MP mode now. Every cunt and their mother uses Stopping Power pro. What a shitty perk.
Welcome to 2 years ago and CoD4. Everyone used either stopping power or juggernaut(painkiller), as anbody not equipped with those perks is at a severe disadvantage in a one on one encounter. However, like every other aspect of the game that is a little unbalanced, hardcore fixes this issue. People die in one shot anyway, so you can experiment with hardline or coldblooded without feeling at a loss for damage. It also tends to reduce the knife runners/87 runners, air support gets handled more often, etc. The downside is that there tends to be more camping, but if you can put up with it HCTDM is the most balanced hopper in the game.

-viper-

Banned
Roxas said:
It doesnt matter which gun you use, as long as the other guy has stopping power, your fucked.

In other words, no skill involved (i know CoD and skill dont exactly go hand in hand anyway)
Well I usually use the SCAR (and cold blooded) and I don't always lose 1-on-1 situations. However I'm fucked with the M4 - a weaker gun.

Personally I'd rather have a mode without ANY perks. Would love to see how the game feels like then - everyone at equal ground, and just you with your gun.

The noob-tubers are the worst fucking thing in this game though. People run around with scavenger + grenade launchers and it just feels so fucking cheap.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
So...not to complain about the game, which I totally enjoyed the brief amount I played, but I was right, it killed my laser. This must be on a different sort of BluRay. First lock ups, then discs failed to read, and now my PS3 no longer reads any BluRay.

And this is my 2nd laser on an original machine. Feeling very frustrated and hoping tomorrow when I talk to Sony they might offer some sort of help since I've spent 750 on the console now. But I doubt it. If it goes sour I'll just file a BB report and hope it gets resolved down the line, because I see literally hundreds of others who got zapped with the same game/firmware combo :(

ZeroRay

careful said:

Happened to me once on PS3 2 weeks ago. Think I posted in this thread about it.

Yeah, here it is:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18711385&postcount=13971

Some wierd stuff happening today. Got matched up in a domination on Fevela then all of a sudden, I'm in a FFA on Rust. The game ends as soon as I get in and the lobby turns out to be private. Needless to say, everyone was confused.

Top Bottom