• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Cosmo Clock 21 said:
Here's a neat video of MW2 Mythbusters, including:

Getting killed by a fire hydrant (happens)
EMP stopping the nuke (no)
Discarding the riot shield to survive Semtex (works)

I actually witnessed a fire hydrant kill, so I can vouch for that. I was sitting next to my friend, and he was playing on Skidrow. There's a fire hydrant right in by the main entrance when you're in the open area with the playground. He decided to noobtube someone, but it hit the fire hydrant and missed the player. The player still killed him, but right before my friend got killed, the player ran over the fire hydrant right as it exploded and it gave my friend an Assisted Suicide. It was so funny, we couldn't stop laughing. :lol

P.S. Doesn't the EMP just prevent people from using the Nuke while it's active?

DarkJC

-Yeti said:
P.S. Doesn't the EMP just prevent people from using the Nuke while it's active?

Yeah, enemy team can't use any killstreak rewards. There was a rumor a while back that it could stop a nuke during the countdown, but it was quickly shot down. Not sure how it started.

Xevren

Went 40-10 in a game of sabotage on terminal. Game went into over time and I killed the entire team. I've never been very good at COD games so I'm pretty damn proud of myself.

I got my USP45 Tac knife. Soooo good.

It's also sooo good to run into those players who accuse you of camping, even though you are running all around the map. So sorry I heard your fat ass running toward me, so I wait by the wall next to the door and work you over as you run past me.

UFRA

While playing HC Seach and Destroy today, I had my most hilarious kill yet.

The map was Highrise, and I was the last guy left on my team. There were still 4 guys left in the map and it was basically one of those "Oh shit" moments.

I luckily had a UAV and called it in. All 4 guys were not using cold blooded to my shock and relief. They were also all crowded over in the area right under and/or on top of the chopper landing pad in the center of the map.

I was attacking, and the bomb was chilling over by B. Yup, they knew it was there and they were guarding it. I was in trouble, but I knew where they were so I had a little advantage.

With a bit of luck and stupidity of the enemy, I managed to pick off 2 guys sitting on top of the chopper pad looking the other way. 2 to go. I proceed to the entrance where you can go underneath the chopper pad, and a guy comes running out. He gets shot in the face. All is good, it's 1 on 1 now, my heart is racing.

I walk into the enclosed area to see a guy with a shield just waiting there, looking right at me....At the same exact time, we both toss a stun grenade at each other.

Mine was not effective at all despite detonating behind him only by a few feet (wtf?), but his worked and slowed me down as I backed away outside of the enclosed area and moved around the corner as he charged at me and tried to hit me with the shield. Amazingly, I dodged his attack and tried my last resort...

I tossed my second stun grenade at him and suddenly the round was over as he fell to the ground dead. HUH?

The round winning kill shows the replay, and my STUN grenade hit him in the ELBOW and killed him on impact. Fucking epic. :lol Gotta love HC mode...

Of course, my team thought it was hilarious, while a few opposing people were saying the usual "BS, noob, bitch, etc.."

Mileena

Banned
Xevren said:
Went 40-10 in a game of sabotage on terminal. Game went into over time and I killed the entire team. I've never been very good at COD games so I'm pretty damn proud of myself.
I'm proud of you <3

I just went 15-2 on hardcore search because the UMP is just godly. One of my deaths was from a spawn noob tube too so it should have been 15-1 :/

M_A_C

Cosmo Clock 21 said:

Awesome video! I'm surprised at the bouncing knife.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Is there any way to end Killstreaks early?I keep on getting Choppah Gunnah at about 60 kills into the match, and then I unlock EMP while I'm using it but then the match ends. Happened about 4 times now :/

UFRA

DMeisterJ said:
Is there any way to end Killstreaks early?I keep on getting Choppah Gunnah at about 60 kills into the match, and then I unlock EMP while I'm using it but then the match ends. Happened about 4 times now :/

The Hardline perk allows you to get killstreaks with 1 less kill.

So UAV in 2 kills, or Chopper Gunner in 10 kills, for example.

DMeisterJ

Banned
UFRA said:

I don't want to get it earlier, I want to use it for a bit and then get rid of it. So I'm not stuck using it when I unlock my next one.

UFRA

DMeisterJ said:
I don't want to get it earlier, I want to use it for a bit and then get rid of it. So I'm not stuck using it when I unlock my next one.

Oh sorry, read that wrong.

As for ending them early, I'm not sure there's a way to do that.

jiien

UFRA said:

He meant, can I bail out of my own Chopper Gunner before it expires to use my EMP.

And the answer is no, I don't think you can.

Cosmo Clock 21 said:

I know they're only small things, but they make me love the game even more.

Mad Max

DMeisterJ said:

If you're going for emp just use the ac130, since that one only lasts for 30 seconds instead of 60.

amar212

Has this being posted?

Going to Prestige 10 in 40 seconds hack?

Apparantly, someone made a PS3 save-file-hack that make you go Prestige 10 in few seconds. You basically get everything that comes with 10P, from titles, badges and such including 5 custom slots. However, you have to make your way up to 70 to unlock all weapons, attachments and so with your current level progress (for example yu're level 33 on 2ndP) that remains untouched - only you get extra benefits from P10.

I'll put spoiler alert, because I'm not sure am I allowed to do this, please advise.

I will not post a dwnl link to actual file because of moral reasons.

I guess we can expect a flood of P10 players that really sucks in next days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNKyKwUhBB0

Sad day for MW2 on PS3.

Thanx to Sanyo for bringing this up from undisclosed forums.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
This game has incredibly broken matchmaking.

Got joined into a game where everyone was just warping all over the place and I was just randomly moving everywhere. I'm sure it could have found a better connection.

NeoUltima

amar212 said:
Has this being posted?

Going to Presitige 10 in 40 seconds hack?

Apparantly, someone made a PS3 save-file-hack that make you go Presitge 10 in few seconds. You basically get everything that comes with 10P, from titles, badges and such including 5 custom slots. However, you have to make your way up to 70 to unlock all weapons, attachments and so on while your current progress (for example yu're level 33 on 2ndP) remains untouched, only you get extra benefits from P10.

I'l put spoiler alert, because I'm not sure am I allowed to do this, please advise.

Sad day for MW2 on PS3.

That would explain why I saw a bunch of them today...I was like how the fuck they 10 prestige already...I mean, I'm sure there are some legit 10s but still.

I don't see why it really matters all that much. It should be addressed, but it's not something that's going to ruin the fun of the game. If someone wants to make it blatantly obvious they didn't prestige then it doesn't bother me. I don't feel respect for those who have the desire to redo all the challenges over and over again.

Why the hell are there people who seem to carry no launcher at all?

Most of the people playing online seem to prefer getting killed over and over by the same chopper/harrier/whatsoever...

MarkMclovin said:
To the fuckers who manage to get a 1 shot instant kill by half scoping with a sniper rifle.. You can fuck right off.
Yeah that shits annoying!

Got another 600 kills on my silence Prestige challenge :/ Scar is such a good gun though and I find its better withought red dot etc!

I do need to find more people to play with as my bro and other mates have moved onto shitbag fifa10 and when I play alone I tend to swear and get annoyed at shitty team mates alot more:lol

DoomGyver

They really need to remove the lunge when you knife. Tactical knife should also take longer to switch to since you're using two weapons, give it the same treatment as akimbo weapons.

got2bekidding said:
I got my USP45 Tac knife. Soooo good.

It's also sooo good to run into those players who accuse you of camping, even though you are running all around the map. So sorry I heard your fat ass running toward me, so I wait by the wall next to the door and work you over as you run past me.
oh i get killed by guys like you all the fucking time.... just out of the fucking blue i get my head cut off....

how do i become like you? tell me. i want to do this to other people to :D

Tomcat said:

Pure bullshit.

As a side note, been giving the TAR-21 some love over the past few days (making my way through the assault rifles) and it's fantastic. Pretty much the SCAR but with more ammo, which helps because I constantly run out of ammo with the SCAR. The red-dot sight is total ass though, one of the rare cases where I prefer the Hologram. Thankfully the iron sights are great.

Graf Nudu said:
Why the hell are there people who seem to carry no launcher at all?

Most of the people playing online seem to prefer getting killed over and over by the same chopper/harrier/whatsoever...

yeah.. i don't want to carry one either, but the chopper harrier thingy is such a party booper..

kee, it's dry.. we can go out now...

MarkMclovin said:
To the fuckers who manage to get a 1 shot instant kill by half scoping with a sniper rifle.. You can fuck right off.

Oh and you fuckers that jump straight into prone whilst shooting. I swear I wanna find you and beat the living shit out of you.

jiien said:
For some reason, Red Dot and Holographic seem to visually reduce recoil over the iron sights. I don't believe they do anything stat-wise, but on certain weapons, the guns bounce less (such as SCAR). Silencers actually do the same for certain guns (such as UMP).
thanks

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Protip: Whenever you enter a lobby with three Japanese players on the opposing team: bail the fuck out immediately. As in ASAP. Right now. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Bail. The. Fuck. Out.

industrian said:
Protip: Whenever you enter a lobby with three Japanese players on the opposing team: bail the fuck out immediately. As in ASAP. Right now. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Bail. The. Fuck. Out.
Goooo on....

web01

amar212 said:
Has this being posted?

Going to Prestige 10 in 40 seconds hack?

Apparantly, someone made a PS3 save-file-hack that make you go Prestige 10 in few seconds. You basically get everything that comes with 10P, from titles, badges and such including 5 custom slots. However, you have to make your way up to 70 to unlock all weapons, attachments and so with your current level progress (for example yu're level 33 on 2ndP) that remains untouched - only you get extra benefits from P10.

I'll put spoiler alert, because I'm not sure am I allowed to do this, please advise.

I will not post a dwnl link to actual file because of moral reasons.

Sad day for MW2 on PS3.

It is kind of tempting just for the extra class slots the average player like myself would not even bother doing prestige once. And if it doesnt change your stats or effect leaderboard stats then its not really hurting anyone else.

I would just worry if infinity reward set all your stats back to 0 for using this hack once they fnd a way to detect it, so I probably wouldnt bother.

web01 said:
It is kind of tempting just for the extra class slots the average player like myself would not even bother doing prestige once. And if it doesnt change your stats or effect leaderboard stats then its not really hurting anyone else.

I would just worry if infinity reward set all your stats back to 0 for using this hack once they fnd a way to detect it, so I probably wouldnt bother.

But it takes the prestige out of prestige...

Leunam

industrian said:

Thanks for being so specific with the details.

Even 10 custom slots doesn't seem like enough. I have so much I want to make

-Knifer
-Sniper
-Sniper Thermal
-AirTakedown
-Basic staple AR
-NoobTube RPG class
-OMA Tube Frag Spamming
-OMA Runner with Tact Insertion (For fast spawn choosing in essential spots but not having to use all those perk slots for actual fighting)
-Hardlines Perk using Class for quicker killstreak calls can be used in certain scenarios.
-A class with HBS
-Thermal AR
-Riot Shield (I know they have it but I don't like a lot of the choices used)
-Complete Stealth (Ninja, Cold Blooded, Silencer)
-1887 Akimbo'ing

I could go on forever making classes.

Top Bottom