• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Blindfutur3 said:
Got 80 kills on Scrapyard with the Ump tonight. Never realised how much fun that gun is with:

Slight of Hand Pro
Stopping Power Pro
ninja Pro

Been meaning to ask: what's the advantage of Ninja Pro and also Steady Aim Pro?

Still loving MW2. One thing that helps my experience is all my friends have this game and we play in parties. So my teams often communicate, no criticizing, ect... For those having problems with other people in this game, add more friends to your list that you respect and play in parties. I havent had too many matchmaking problems. And who cares what your opponents say, you have just kicked their ass, ofcourse there will be a few whiners. Dont be so sensitive.

snack

Does anyone here own a Tritton headset? I'm thinking about buying the AX720 since it's compatible with the PC, 360 and PS3.

Leunam said:
Ninja Pro: Silent footsteps
Steady Aim Pro: Hold breath longer
I need to fire this up then. Cold Blooded Pro has been immensely useful, mostly because the enemy will often run up behind me, assume that I'm with them, run past me, fall down in a hail of gunfire, etc. That and the fact that destroying vehicles and sentries has become a hobby.

I've always wanted to be a ninja.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
h4k said:
Does anyone here own a Tritton headset? I'm thinking about buying the AX720 since it's compatible with the PC, 360 and PS3.
I have the AXPro, and it's great if you're cool with the wires.

I've since bought the Turtle Beach x41s and they're quite awesome as well.

h4k said:
No. I've owned half a dozen reg Xbox headsets and 2 wireless. The first wireless just gave out after two years use, no support from MS. The other one is hanging in there. I will not buy another. Amazes me that MS would monopolize every inch of their system by giving the finger to 3rd party wireless.

But if your Tritton headset is cheap inexpensive, tell me about it.

snack

DeuceMojo said:
No. I've owned half a dozen reg Xbox headsets and 2 wireless. The first wireless just gave out after two years use, no support from MS. The other one is hanging in there. I will not buy another. Amazes me that MS would monopolize every inch of their system by giving the finger to 3rd party wireless.

But if your Tritton headset is cheap inexpensive, tell me about it.

I found one brand new at a local store for $108 Canadian. Is that a decent price?

snack

RubxQub said:

How long are the wires for the AX720? I sit pretty far back from my TV when gaming. Maybe 10 feet or so.

J-Rzez

RubxQub said:

I see a lot of complaints about the mic on those, any truth on that? I was going to buy that headset until I saw tons of complaints on the quality of the mic (both voice and build quality)

Your not a true ninja unless you carry smoke. Silenced M16 with Scavenger pro, Cold Blooded pro, and ninja pro racks up the kill streaks on bigger maps where you can flank. The smoke is good for get aways and helping capture points in Domination.

J-Rzez said:
I see a lot of complaints about the mic on those, any truth on that? I was going to buy that headset until I saw tons of complaints on the quality of the mic (both voice and build quality)

I used to have tons of mic problems with my Turtle Beach headset. I read some forums and switched to some non-rechargeable batteries. Haven't had mic problems since.

KoruptData said:
Your not a true ninja unless you carry smoke. Silenced M16 with Scavenger pro, Cold Blooded pro, and ninja pro racks up the kill streaks on bigger maps where you can flank. The smoke is good for get aways and helping capture points in Domination.
I believe it. Though I did rock the same except with Bling Pro so I could have a silenced M16 with Holo, a silenced Striker with FMJ and grip. Shooting up the joint with that shotgun is hilarious.

Edit, hah, I guess I didn't have all that on my Striker.

So I'm put into this game on Invasion, and the team is losing horribly. I decided to spectate just to see what they are doing, and I see this guy on the other team is 22-0 and climbing fast. I'm like "wow, this guy must be good", so I cycle through the players to see how he is getting his kills. It turns out he has a buddy on what would have been my team, and he is using tactical insertion by the seals spawn behind the hummers, and letting his friend kill him over and over. I really wasn't surprised to see "My BR iZ 2 qUicK" in his profile while filing the complaint.

This was in Merc TDM.

snack

Random_Guy said:
is this shop in toronto?

The store's called NCIX. I don't think they have any stores in TO but you can try PMing online. I used PriceCanada.com to price match the 108 dollar AX720.

got2bekidding said:
So I'm put into this game on Invasion, and the team is losing horribly. I decided to spectate just to see what they are doing, and I see this guy on the other team is 22-0 and climbing fast. I'm like "wow, this guy must be good", so I cycle through the players to see how he is getting his kills. It turns out he has a buddy on what would have been my team, and he is using tactical insertion by the seals spawn behind the hummers, and letting his friend kill him over and over. I really wasn't surprised to see "My BR iZ 2 qUicK" in his profile while filing the complaint.

This was in Merc TDM.
What's wrong with having a qUicK BR? :(

careful

I'll have to try ACR ACOG.. Does it sway the cursor like for most other guns?
I'm not a big fan of the ACOG because of the sway and long ADS time. Maybe with Sleight of Hand it will be tolerable.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
got2bekidding said:

This was in Merc TDM.
some dude did that in my match:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yi0VYcT_JI
At first I was like holy shit that dude is amazing, then a friend pointed out in the video that a guy on other team has 60 deaths :lol

KaYotiX

Banned
Wow matchmaking on the 360 is so broken now......everytime i search for a Domination or Demolition game i get stuck with a "booster" game now. YOu know the one, Rust, FFA and ppl just running around with scores like 400 kills and 3 deaths.....

This is a huge gamebreaker for me and if they cant fix this soon ill just sell MW2 and wait for Bad Company 2. This has got to be one of the most broken games ive seen in awhile....and i thought PC cheaters/glitchers were bad in the day

F#A#Oo

Banned
I find the ACR a bit too weak for my liking...Especially if you come off straight from the FAL taking someone down can seem an eternity...:D

I can see why people like it though...but since I like to not use SP and prefer CB and or HL...it's a no go gun for me unless I use SP.

Mileena

Banned
got2bekidding said:

This was in Merc TDM.
You're just mad because ur BR iznt qUicK

bigcappy

Neo Member
Has anybody else noticed how empty the maps feel when played in any playlist besides Ground War? After playing the Ground War playlist for a whole night with several friends, and then switching back to HC TDM, it surprised me how much running/camping there was when the match is filled with only 12 players.

I remember that Ground War in CoD4 was just a crazy amount of grenade spam, noob tubes and flash bangs all going off at once constantly, esp in some of the smaller maps like Crash. In MW2, however, there's always action going on, with (most of the time) a good mix of people going for objectives, defending flanks, etc, and it feels like their is space to support all 18 players.

I'm hoping that IW will release some smaller maps/remakes of CoD4 maps in order to support the playlists with smaller player counts. Or maybe make a HC Ground War or HC Big Team Deathmatch playlist.

I mean, I can hope, can't I?

F#A#Oo

Banned
bigcappy said:
I'm hoping that IW will release some smaller maps/remakes of CoD4 maps in order to support the playlists with smaller player counts. Or maybe make a HC Ground War or HC Big Team Deathmatch playlist.

I mean, I can hope, can't I?

IIRC Gametrailer did an interview with someone from IW and when asked about CoD4 maps returning the answer was "Wait and see"...

You can hope...but expecting the map you like? Probably not going to happen...I mean IW thought they didn't need a beta...they thought Light weight needed nerfing and that Nukes are a good idea...so CoD4 map returning? It will probably be Wetwork...:lol

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Johnlenham said:
Goooo on....

There were three Japanese guys in Estate that pretty much just dominated our entire team. Not just dominated, but they dictated the complete flow of the game and no-one could break through them. Their teammates must have got 10 kills between them, but the three Japanese players were just ripping shit up. My worst game ever by far.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
got2bekidding said:

This was in Merc TDM.

Same thing happened in a game of mine last night, but in regular TDM (since I was in a party). We were wondering why this one dude on the other team kept calling in EMPs (I'm talkin' like one EMP after the other as soon as the previous one finished). Filed complaint on him and his buddy.

bdouble

careful said:
I'll have to try ACR ACOG.. Does it sway the cursor like for most other guns?
I'm not a big fan of the ACOG because of the sway and long ADS time. Maybe with Sleight of Hand it will be tolerable.
I found that with SoH Acog is quite useful. Was really nice in HC for me.

J-Rzez

KaYotiX said:
Wow matchmaking on the 360 is so broken now......everytime i search for a Domination or Demolition game i get stuck with a "booster" game now. YOu know the one, Rust, FFA and ppl just running around with scores like 400 kills and 3 deaths.....

This is a huge gamebreaker for me and if they cant fix this soon ill just sell MW2 and wait for Bad Company 2. This has got to be one of the most broken games ive seen in awhile....and i thought PC cheaters/glitchers were bad in the day

It is a massive mess atm. I'll get placed into all kinds of odd games, everything but what I chose basically. Plus, parties are messed up again. Finally, I'll get placed into games with people who are ranked non-prestige in their 5-30's, and just slaughter them.

The game is a real mess.

CloudV

The last couple of days matchmaking has been really good for me. Being a Jgaffer, I was connecting from Japan with my American copy, but everyone prestiged in like 3 days, and the last couple of weeks it's 60's, prestige lvl 1~3 vs me, in my 30's. Now that the Japan release dropped, I'm matched against local players with the rare prestige from Japanese players who picked up the Asian or American release early.

It's really funny though to hear Japanese people bitch:lol
Switching between a knifer and offensive class for TDM and got a game winning kill and the JP's are like, how the hell is he so fast!

On the flip side, as much as I hate to admit it, 95% of the JP players I've ever played with are really good sports about the game. Hell, I haven't heard Americans say good game after a match since my CS days...

DMeisterJ

Banned
I see a lot of moaning about the 1887, but I think that every shotgun in this game has a very generous range. And in the case of the AA-12 it's fast to boot... At least with the 1887s, they take a while to shoot again, but with the 1887, you get a shotgun with good range and great speed. And it's never really a problem to 'beat' them, I just treat them like I would anyone using a shotgun in any game. Maintain range, and don't miss any shots.

There was a guy running around with them on Terminal, Afghan, and Karachi, and I won most fights because I didn't try to take him down from two feet away. Shotguns have no range, and you are to use that against them.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
corkscrewblow said:
Derail is the absolute worst map in MW2 and it's better than Wetwork.
It's funny you say that, because Derail and Afgahn are by far my favorite maps in the game.

Top Bottom