• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Spydy

Banned
I don't know if anyone else here has experienced it, but I've just got off about 8 games with the funniest glitch ever....Infinite ammo. :D

At first the guns wouldn't reload but someone started using a n00b tube and didn't have to reload with infinite ammo. Everyone equips n00b tube and the game went crazy. Considering what was going on, the game kept up pretty well. Everything was infinite including equipment, rockets, secondary. You couldn't bring in infinite pred missiles, but I managed to get an AC130 which did have infinite ammo equipped. Fuck me, it was like something out of war of the worlds. Crazy.

We got the opposite team on the next round to use throwing knifes only. So funny. Massive throwing knifes fight at the bus stop in Karachi. Pure madness. :lol

I feel a little bad because I got a few upgrades to weapons and a new emblem and title. I always try to attain stuff like that by using normal playtime. I'm also a little worried I might get banned as my friends have just told me that when I quit it went back to normal, but I didn't do fuck all to the game. It was like that when we started, plus it was everyone that glitched, including the opposite team. It wasn't something you chose to do as your forced to because nobody could reload.

bigcappy

Neo Member
Cobra84 said:
I'd rather play Wetwork than most of MW2's maps.

Ditto. Wetworks was actually one of my favorite maps for CoD4. I played HC TDM tho, which is a markedly different experience when playing that map in regular TDM or Ground War.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Spydy said:
I'm also a little worried I might get banned as my friends have just told me that when I quit it went back to normal, but I didn't do fuck all to the game.

Why would you get banned?:D

I have yet to see anyone get banned for glitching...plus there must be hundreds or even thousands of games where glitching is happening...

JaMarco

bigcappy said:
Has anybody else noticed how empty the maps feel when played in any playlist besides Ground War? After playing the Ground War playlist for a whole night with several friends, and then switching back to HC TDM, it surprised me how much running/camping there was when the match is filled with only 12 players.

I remember that Ground War in CoD4 was just a crazy amount of grenade spam, noob tubes and flash bangs all going off at once constantly, esp in some of the smaller maps like Crash. In MW2, however, there's always action going on, with (most of the time) a good mix of people going for objectives, defending flanks, etc, and it feels like their is space to support all 18 players.

I'm hoping that IW will release some smaller maps/remakes of CoD4 maps in order to support the playlists with smaller player counts. Or maybe make a HC Ground War or HC Big Team Deathmatch playlist.

I mean, I can hope, can't I?
I play absolutely nothing but Ground War. Game feels unplayable to me with only 12 or less players.

Narag

snack said:
All the FFAs I play only have 8 people max I think. How do you play with so many people in FFA?
Ground War glitch detailed earlier in the thread. Utter chaos.

Matchmaking dumps me into them.

Sielys

Deploying flares...

1243418876_airplane_decoy.gif

AC130/chopper gunner should have more flares imo.

Sielys said:
Deploying flares...

MORE FLARES? Are you serious? It's virtually impossible for 2 people to take the AC 130 out as it is. If anything, Stingers should be available from level 1 so that anyone under 30 has a chance.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Narag said:
Ground War glitch detailed earlier in the thread. Utter chaos.

Matchmaking dumps me into them.
I have yet to see it and I basically only play ground war....and I want to play this to see it :lol

-viper-

Banned
Sielys said:
Deploying flares...

Real life question: what exactly do flares do and how to they work? Can they actually prevent incoming locked missiles?

Sielys

Net_Wrecker said:
MORE FLARES? Are you serious? It's virtually impossible for 2 people to take the AC 130 out as it is. If anything, Stingers should be available from level 1 so that anyone under 30 has a chance.

Yea, I mostly play ground war, and lately when I get either of the kill streaks they've just been shot to pieces within seconds.

Sielys said:
Yea, I mostly play ground war, and lately when I get either of the kill streaks they've just been shot to pieces within seconds.

Good. Maybe that means people are smartening up. The game is unbalanced as it is. The air support DOES NOT need more defensive capabilities.

CheapChampagne

Neo Member
-viper- said:
Real life question: what exactly do flares do and how to they work? Can they actually prevent incoming locked missiles?

I'm sure it has a lot to do with the missle locking on due to heat and the flares are hot enough to distract the missile away from the craft. But I'm no rocket scientist that could explain exactly how missiles work and why flares work so well to distort them :lol

Sielys

Net_Wrecker said:
Good. Maybe that means people are smartening up. The game is unbalanced as it is. The air support DOES NOT need more defensive capabilities.

It might be ok in regular modes, but when you have a huge opposing team, it's just not worth the 11 kills.

bigcappy

Neo Member
Case said:
I play absolutely nothing but Ground War. Game feels unplayable to me with only 12 or less players.

Good to know. What loadouts/weapons do you use? I'm constantly alternating between Stopping Power or Cold Blooded (both pro) but can't seem to find a class that I'm happy with.

Thats why I want a HC Ground War, so I can stop worrying about having to empty clips into ppl to put them down and use CB full time.

So i just finished playing a game that had infinite ammo for everyone. there was no need to reload so everyone was just using their grenade launchers. Has often does this happen?
Spydy said:
I don't know if anyone else here has experienced it, but I've just got off about 8 games with the funniest glitch ever....Infinite ammo. :D

At first the guns wouldn't reload but someone started using a n00b tube and didn't have to reload with infinite ammo. Everyone equips n00b tube and the game went crazy. Considering what was going on, the game kept up pretty well. Everything was infinite including equipment, rockets, secondary. You couldn't bring in infinite pred missiles, but I managed to get an AC130 which did have infinite ammo equipped. Fuck me, it was like something out of war of the worlds. Crazy.

We got the opposite team on the next round to use throwing knifes only. So funny. Massive throwing knifes fight at the bus stop in Karachi. Pure madness. :lol

I feel a little bad because I got a few upgrades to weapons and a new emblem and title. I always try to attain stuff like that by using normal playtime. I'm also a little worried I might get banned as my friends have just told me that when I quit it went back to normal, but I didn't do fuck all to the game. It was like that when we started, plus it was everyone that glitched, including the opposite team. It wasn't something you chose to do as your forced to because nobody could reload.

So i see i'm not the only one.

edit: now when I try to play matchmaking, it moves my party into a random private match on Rust that someone else started. Can you do private matches in matchmaking? Even if it says another map it changes to Rust where the other team spawns right behind you each time to kill you.

careful

CloudV said:
On the flip side, as much as I hate to admit it, 95% of the JP players I've ever played with are really good sports about the game. Hell, I haven't heard Americans say good game after a match since my CS days...
The majority of people I've encountered online are jerks and sore losers.
Just tonight, me a couple friends (mostly noobs) go up against a team full of Prestige 2's & 3's and I'm like oh fuck we're gonna get destroyed. Turns out I have a pretty good game and my friends don't get totally destroyed and we end up winning. After match lobby I just heard them start raging and screaming non sense.. :lol

I'm getting very frustrated with MW2 again, but I have to say, I saw a guy bounce a throwing knife off the ground and into a guy for the final kill of the game the other night. Was pretty awesome.

Great getting an emergency airdrop, got a chooper gunner and air strike that landed on a roof and out of bounds, the counter UAV and ammo made it just fine.

Also I blew up my pavelow with my predator missile because the match was boring :lol :lol

Aladuf

Banned
I stumbled into one of those glitched out 18 person matches on Rust a couple of hours ago and ended up going 741-251 when someone on the other team finally got a nuke. I wouldn't want to do that often, but that match was a fucking blast to play. :lol

nib95

Banned
Hmmm just entered a game where the whole other team was firing infinite n00b tubes every half a second. This game is glitch central.

Oh man, whatever is with the glitch where 18 people can play in regular games is insane. My friends and I hopped into domination and half way through we realized there were way too many people. Then we hopped on to Team Deathmatch and we were in 18 player games again. So insane how quick these games would go. I see it's already been mentioned though. I'll have to go back a few pages and see what's up. :lol

Oh, our party was also broken up a few times while searching for a game tonight which has never happened. Made for some funny stories later on.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
yoopoo said:
Finally got extended mags on SCAR...still not enough ammo for that gun.
Extended mags actually make you run out of ammo faster with the SCAR. Same ammo count, just more ammo per magazine. So you waste the ammo faster, generally.

whitehawk

Banned
cool_dude_2049 said:
edit: now when I try to play matchmaking, it moves my party into a random private match on Rust that someone else started. Can you do private matches in matchmaking? Even if it says another map it changes to Rust where the other team spawns right behind you each time to kill you.
Similiar thing happened to me. I chose domination, and got into a weird game on RUST. The other team had over 300 on the scoreboard, but it kept going. I had 40 kills, and I just had to quit. It was never going to end.

whitehawk

Banned
yoopoo said:
Finally got extended mags on SCAR...still not enough ammo for that gun.
With the SCAR, get used to Scavenger. You will never ever run out of ammo. You don't have to search for guns on the ground, you'll get ammo without even noticing.

blahness

whitehawk said:
Similiar thing happened to me. I chose domination, and got into a weird game on RUST. The other team had over 300 on the scoreboard, but it kept going. I had 40 kills, and I just had to quit. It was never going to end.

just played one of those one rust i got a nuke early on and let the game go for a long bit until i was bored... fun but will get old when it is the only games we can get into

Top Bottom