• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Cohsae

Multiplayer GOTY?
Seriously I can't wait to see how many publications proclaim this despite the absurd amount of bullshit that is in this piece of shit.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
And to think I laughed when people said there would be major glitches for a game without a beta period. Oh how I laughed.

;_;

edit: you know what, that infinite ammo glitch looks great. :lol

winnarps

Best part is when he spawns again on the ground and it's just BOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOM.

It was like the AC130 was creating a huge sandstorm of death.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Realistically, nothings going to happen to the QA. Things always get through, maybe not to this extent, but its very doubtful if anyone will lose their job over it.

NYR said:
Infinity ward doesn't have QA. These glitches prove it!!!

(I hope? Poor guy?)

When I was in QA you could get fired for text just running off the screen. This bug right here proves that private matched were not tested since the glitch is leaking into public matches. This game is already on patch 1.06. That's insane.

There is another glitch on PS3 that allows you to jump to tenth prestige :lol

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Wow man.

I'm going to guess that this is nothing less than a hack instead of someone actually stumbling on to something like this because of lack of proper QA because except for having zero gravity, this is the same shit that's in the PC version as well...

Damn.

EazyB

Banned
Timan said:
New type of cheat?

Was just playing and the other team had unlimited ammo and were launching nades like a mofo. All you heard was boomboom and they were killing everyone from the other side of the map.

Didn't take long (like halo2mp).

Ugh heres a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCMGpaLUFbw
Don't think Halo 2 was anything like this no more than a month after its launch. Thing is these aren't even people taking advantage of modded Xboxs like in Halo 2 but instead taking advantage of the joke that is MW2.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
That infinite AC130 video was fucking insane.

I'd have loved to have seen a video on the ground of that happening.

Talon

Alright, I'm still for these glitch abusers to be banned temporarily, but Infinity Ward clearly dropped the ball on this shit. Not sure the infinite glitch would've been caught in a public beta but that's embarrassing.

Could anyone provide me with some tips on how to get 25 kills in a row? My highest streak is 18, but I find it difficult to get much more than 10 usually.

blahness

ArachosiA 78 said:
Could anyone provide me with some tips on how to get 25 kills in a row? My highest streak is 18, but I find it difficult to get much more than 10 usually.

killstreaks: harrier, chopper gunner, nuke. if you can get a harrier and stay alive hidden, you most likely will get a chopper gunner and then its a matter of not getting found out and killed mid gunning. all of this is moot if you have people shooting down your harrier or chopper.

winnarps

Nelo Ice said:
is it just or does anyone else want to try the infinite ammo glitch? :lol

Really, all you have to do is join a Domination or Free-for-All match and you'll experience the glitch.

Look out for the 18 player rooms and chances are, you'll be spamming grenade launchers in no time.

I was just able to go online 5 mins ago and find a few games that had this setup.

EazyB

Banned
Nelo Ice said:
is it just or does anyone else want to try the infinite ammo glitch? :lol
If you go into Domination it's hard not to run into it. Nearly 50% of the time we'd search for a game it would throw us into one of these private matches on Rust. We actually played one of them and I don't know if they're all like this but this one had infinite ammo and we all just ran around spamming nades until someone got a AC-130 on our team and chased the match creator out.

jiien

With all these flaws, this game turned out to be a huge letdown, and just continues to get worse. :( I miss WaW, just wish it still had most of its community.

Not that I won't still be playing this game, but I guess I'm waiting for Bad Company 2.

Nelo Ice

Banned
EazyB said:
If you go into Domination it's hard not to run into it. Nearly 50% of the time we'd search for a game it would throw us into one of these private matches on Rust. We actually played one of them and I don't know if they're all like this but this one had infinite ammo and we all just ran around spamming nades until someone got a AC-130 on our team and chased the match creator out.

ic guess i'll try some dom then, havent played that in awhile :lol

J-Rzez

Talon- said:
Alright, I'm still for these glitch abusers to be banned temporarily, but Infinity Ward clearly dropped the ball on this shit. Not sure the infinite glitch would've been caught in a public beta but that's embarrassing.

The first time I've seen that glitch was post patch. It happened on our capture the flag game and everyone picked up noob tubes and you couldn't do shit. Then people started throwing out tons of smoke grenades and everyone's machines locked up.

This has been one of the worst big game releases ever. How can there be so many game destroying problems? No need for a beta IW huh? So stupid. Especially now that the patches are breaking stuff. MM is busted, I spend so much time trying to get into games with my friends anymore it's ridiculous.

The key talents of game design need to jump ship to 1st party or either MS or Sony and work on a game, so we can have better odds of this shit not happening.

EazyB said:
Oops, like the poster above said, it's Ground War not the domination playlist.

I've been playing Ground War a lot today and it never showed up. Does it happen on the PS3? I can't think of any other way for there to be so many level 10 prestige guys running around.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
:lol @ all these glitches, fucking pathetic.

Chrange

Banned
chubigans said:
And to think I laughed when people said there would be major glitches for a game without a beta period. Oh how I laughed.

;_;

edit: you know what, that infinite ammo glitch looks great. :lol

Remind me, since I keep seeing this idea posted like it's true...what game has ever had a beta where glitchers reported the glitches they found, instead of just using it to learn what they could break for retail?

Played another glitchy game. It was free-for-all on Terminal, but it had 18 players and two teams, you could kill your teammates for points, the spawns were even worse than usual and the score never went up. Someone did win when the time ran out, though. Then it went to regular free for all, except for the whole 18 players thing.

nib95

Banned
Fëanor said:
Well, Demolition is my favorite new mode. So fucking awesome.:D Dual 1887's keep bringing the pain! THE PAIN!:lol

Cheap dude, cheap lol. Out of curiosity, are you the Feanor who used to play CSS a lot in a clan called Interpol?

Arjen

Seriously, 1 out of 2 games i tried to join yesterday i got stuck in a glitched private match.
Goddamn al those glitches, it's Gears of War 2 all over again.

EazyB

Banned
Chrange said:
Remind me, since I keep seeing this idea posted like it's true...what game has ever had a beta where glitchers reported the glitches they found, instead of just using it to learn what they could break for retail?
What game has ever had a beta where glitches found in the beta never reached the developers ears? :lol

People wouldn't be sending IW incredibly detailed QA logs they'd be doing what they're doing now:
bitch about the stuff online, in game, on forums, etc.

The difference is it'd be a beta and they could address these things without releasing a shitload of patches post-launch.

Thermite

Has Infinity Ward said what keeps causing people to get into random private matches yet? How are these bogus matches even showing up in Matchmaking in the first place? The party I was playing with earlier got put into like 4 or 5 private matches in a row, when searching for some Domination games. We had to go into another playlist just to get into a legit game. :/

Top Bottom