• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Wow at all these fucking glitches.

On one hand I want to give it a rest until they fix this shit and I can get some decent games in. On the other hand, I want to play anyway to see if I can find some decent games knowing they aint going to fix this shit.

Isn't it time GAF sorted some private matches instead?

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Game is nearly unplayable now. This makes the javelin glitch seem tame, at least we could actually play the game.

It took me and my friends 3 hours, and found 2 legitimate games. You can only find legit games in Mercenary TDM so far, everything else dumps you into a private match exp game. Absolutely terrible.

This is going to be the best reason not to purchase any DLC.

UFRA

Hmm, I played about 5 hours of MW2 throughout the course of the day and didn't encounter any glitchers/issues on the PS3 version.

There were possibly a few 10th Prestige hackers amongst the players, but really I don't care about them since they have the same weapons as me (I'm at level 70, no prestige), only the ability to create more classes. Big whoop...

I hope all this crap you guys are talking about doesn't spread to the PS3. :/

Edit: I play Mosh Pit or HC Search and Destroy normally, so maybe I'm just getting lucky and the glitchers are in Ground War or something??

bardia

Are all these glitches 360 only? Been playing for over 4 hours tonight and I haven't ran into a single 18 man rust or infinite ammo glitch on PS3. I was kind of hoping to play a 18 man rust match, looks like fun :(

big_z

the infinite ammo youtube says if you're in a match with someone that has it you get the glitch.... kinda like herpies. is the glitch permanent once you contract it?

IW needs to do a rollback on the stats by about a week from all the fuckers cheating.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Holy fuck, I got into a game with that infinite ammo crap. It was basically a constant stream of grenade launcher shots. I gave up playing "for real" and just started spamming nades like everyone else.

jiien

LeMaximilian said:
@fourzerotwo are u ever gonna nerf akimbo 1887's they are ruining the game

@diehalo Yeah. There will be changes made. I'll have more info soon.

Thank fucking god. The flak IW must be getting constantly finally forced them to respond to real issues.

Okin

This game is falling apart right now before my eyes as I play it. This is amazingly fun, at least until the novelty wears off.

LeMaximilian said:
@fourzerotwo are u ever gonna nerf akimbo 1887's they are ruining the game

@diehalo Yeah. There will be changes made. I'll have more info soon.

darthvadernooooooooooo.jpg

I've just got the 1887 akimbo last night and I'm now laying a smack down to all the fuckers that done it to me!

The 1887's are hardly a priority coonsidering the endless amount of game breaking glitches that are constantly being abused.

onken

DeuceMojo said:
I believe it. Though I did rock the same except with Bling Pro so I could have a silenced M16 with Holo, a silenced Striker with FMJ and grip. Shooting up the joint with that shotgun is hilarious.

Edit, hah, I guess I didn't have all that on my Striker.

I don't know why anyone would go for holographic instead of red-dot, the reticule is far too big for distance shooting.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Okin said:
This game is falling apart right now before my eyes as I play it. This is amazingly fun, at least until the novelty wears off.

Haha, it does require a new kind of strategy to play with a billion grenades flying all over the place.

I think I saw the game choke because someone threw infinite smoke.

onken said:
I don't know why anyone would go for holographic instead of red-dot, the reticule is far too big for distance shooting.

For most guns I much prefer RDS, but one exception is the TAR-21. The RDS on that sucks ass through a straw.

Odrion

Banned
I can't get myself to use a dot or holo sight on a weapon unless the ironsight is truly awful (the FAL.) The TAR has decent iron sights, the SCAR's iron sights are so good that it feels downright inefficient to put any other sight on it.

onken said:

I find the holographic to be more effective. The smaller dot inside the larger one makes it easy to cap fools from afar.

Fuck this game..

There's so much shit going on, it's unbelivable. The final drop was a random TD-match where six guys from a clan all got thrown into one team and the other team was a bunch of random strangers and noobs..

This happened so often to me and the MP is just no fun anymore, especially when it sucks because of the players and the software..

EazyB said:
What game has ever had a beta where glitches found in the beta never reached the developers ears? :lol

People wouldn't be sending IW incredibly detailed QA logs they'd be doing what they're doing now:
bitch about the stuff online, in game, on forums, etc.

The difference is it'd be a beta and they could address these things without releasing a shitload of patches post-launch.

Well, then just consider yourself right now part of the beta testing team, just testing the game you pre ordered till its ready. If you don't want to be part of it then just wait till it's ready to be played. :D

I know it sucks, I was very excited to finally get to play this game but almost from the first week of its launch people were using unbalanced combos, glitches and its just getting more and more ridiculous.

I haven't played it in three days and I don't think I will be playing it till they fix those glitches.

Graf Nudu said:
Fuck this game..

There's so much shit going on, it's unbelivable. The final drop was a random TD-match where six guys from a clan all got thrown into one team and the other team was a bunch of random strangers and noobs..

This happened so often to me and the MP is just no fun anymore, especially when it sucks because of the players and the software..
That's normal, its supposed to be that way if you invite friends in the main multilayer screen and then find a match, just leave the lobby and find another one.

Quick question: If I ended up in an infinite ammo match and decided to spam noobs, grenades, ac130s, would I get banned for doing so?

Also, If I ended up playing one of those games, can I join normal games after that and would the infinite ammo glitch follow me to other matches?

Lince

Banned
tried the singleplayer campaign, played for 2 hours and quitted since I'm not going to waste more time on it... terrible level design, average gfx and sound, poor if any AI, constant 20-25 fps slowdown (PS3), a mess of a story, predictable encounters... had this game been called "War Memories" or something else instead of CoD the reviews would have destroyed it. What a piece of shit, all of this is my personal opinion of course, KZ2 magnificent campaign has spoiled everything for me... hell, even the first Gears had a better campaign than this CoD. Multiplayer is fun though, full of issues, but still fun.

Graf Nudu said:
According to Kotaku, you'll have to unplug your 360 from the net and delete the cache.

Uh wtf!? Really? Is it really that bad that you have to do that?

What is wrong with people?

Note: Feel free not to answer the last qquestion

-viper-

Banned
Graf Nudu said:
Fuck this game..

yeah it seems like MW2 is the most unbalanced game I've played, both matchmaking wise and gameplay wise too. So much ridiculous shit is in this game.

_Alkaline_ said:

r9ebvc.gif

-viper-

Banned
Lince said:
tried the singleplayer campaign, played for 2 hours and quitted since I'm not going to waste more time on it... terrible level design, average gfx and sound, poor if any AI, constant 20-25 fps slowdown (PS3), a mess of a story, predictable encounters... had this game been called "War Memories" or something else instead of CoD the reviews would have destroyed it. What a piece of shit, all of this is my personal opinion of course, KZ2 magnificent campaign has spoiled everything for me... hell, even the first Gears had a better campaign than this CoD. Multiplayer is fun though, full of issues, but still fun.
what?

MW2 single player >>> multiplayer.

A.I. and story is crap, but it's still awesome!

Lince

Banned
-viper- said:
what?

MW2 single player >>> multiplayer.

A.I. and story is crap, but it's still awesome!

enlighten me, please? unless I'm missing something special and well hidden there, single player is unbelievably atrocious.

-viper-

Banned
Lince said:
enlighten me, please? unless I'm missing something special and well hidden there, single player is unbelievably atrocious.
Some of the later levels like The Gulag and The Only Easy Day were epic. Didn't particularly enjoy the stuff with the Rangers though. Task Force 141 missions were all great.

hahaha having seen the latest round of glitches i think this game just gets worse and worse im done with it. Incompetent Ward wont be getting a dime of me next round ill wait and see if the game makes it a month or so next time without epic glitches game breaking hacks and shite perks and maps.

Lince

Banned
-viper- said:
Some of the later levels like The Gulag and The Only Easy Day were epic. Didn't particularly enjoy the stuff with the Rangers though. Task Force 141 missions were all great.

ok, I'll give it another try since I believe in GAFe opinions. you still playing shitty TDM btw?

while i was in an infinite ammo match i decided to throw smoke none stop but i quit after the 360s fans kicked into super high gear.

i can see that glitch killing a few consoles.

Lince

Banned
WickedLaharl said:
while i was in an infinite ammo match i decided to throw smoke no stop but i quit after the 360s fans kicked into super high gear.

i can see that glitch killing a few consoles.

the PS3 version struggles with just one smoke nade...
so did Activision really offer IW some unreal budget for MW2 and IW refused? they were so confident... lol?

Played Mosh Pit all night and didn't encounter either the infinite ammo glitch or the private room xp glitch.

We did encounter plenty of high prestige players who were terrible though.

Aurora

The most fun I'd had with this game was with the Javelin glitch but this infinite ammo glitch takes the biscuit :lol

I went 283 - 20 just now thanks to a lucky AC130 care package.

I can't believe there are people actually complaining about this. It won't be here for long so enjoy it while you can.

Griffith

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:
Ughh just got into an infinite ammo game.

That was not fun lol.
I disagree. I found a bunch of them and it's some of the most fun I've had playing the game. Getting the AC 130 on smaller maps is hilarious.

Top Bottom