• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

I don't think I've run into a single glitcher that I could recognize on the PS3. I'm at level 39.

I'd be all for a nightly gaf room to avoid some of this mess. I doubt i'll be at the top of the charts each match anymore, which will make me sad.

winnarps

After playing several non-glitched FFA games last night, I'm surprised how quickly air support gets shot down in those types of matches. I would think in the team games, air support would drop quickly, but it seems the opposite.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I've just been doing some reading and infinite ammo is a mod and not a glitch? What the hell? This means that it'll NEVER be fixed.

No wonder it's not showing up on other platforms. Thanks, 360 piracy, you've reached a new low.

If that infinite ammo crap comes to PS3 im definetly out for good, javellin was lame enough.

It is fun maybe once of twice but you seriously enjoy it every single match?

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
So, allow me to brag: I went 18-0 on Karachi :D (before the glitches hit). I now have all the accolades! I then went on to do really well on all the maps with the following setup:

SCAR+Noob Toob
One Man Army
Danger Close
Commando

Fire off two grenades, then switch to different class:

SCAR+Noob Toob
Marathon
Stopping Power
Commando

~OR~

AUG+Holographic
Sleight of Hand
Stopping Power
Ninja

~OR~

Snipe+Thermal
Sleight of Hand
Cold Blooded
Ninja

So, basically after the first successful encounter (i.e. your two noob toob grenades hit), you treat that as a decision point. What class do I need next? That's depends on the context. At Karachi I would switch to my Marathon/Noob Tube class. Run around and knife. Or I would switch to my AUG class and perch up high and shoot from a distance.

It's a totally different way to play than what I'm used to. It's much more flowing. At one point you're running, then grenading, then stepping back and engaging in mid-range combat. Very fun stuff. One could have One Man Army in every class if they wanted to but I'm in love with Sleight of Hand so one change during each life is enough for me.

Damn. This is some busted-ass shit right here.

But, let's face it: a 2-week beta would not have found this.

I just wish they could push patches through quicker.

I think it's time for us all to take a break!

I've been wanting to go through the SP on veteran at some point anyway. This seems like the perfect time to do this.

Biff

divisionbyzorro said:
I think it's time for us all to take a break!

I've been wanting to go through the SP on veteran at some point anyway. This seems like the perfect time to do this.
Just a warning: MP was my break from the stupid veteran mode in SP. Especially when I hit a nearly game-breaking insta-death spawn point.

If you really want a break, I would choose a different game. Veteran might make you never want to touch this game again :lol

PetriP-TNT said:
I don't think so, public "private" matches don't seem to work on PS3 either

Ah thats something then, the other glitchs are arse enough as it is.

I was playing with some mates from work who just got their PS3's, trying to explain why they could hear enemy care package incoming every 5 seconds was very downheartening...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
xxjuicesxx said:
What does that even mean? I quit out of them and got normal games after.

Some people are reporting that they've been able to bring the glitch with them to other games. My game died mid match, so I can't confirm myself.

X26 said:
Never thought another game would come out this gen that would put Gears2 broken MP to shame, but here it is

Oh come on now. There are a couple of small issues with MW2's MP but nothing comes remotely close to Gears 2 in terms of unplayability except maybe Wolfenstein.

Bumblebeetuna said:
Oh come on now. There are a couple of small issues with MW2's MP but nothing comes remotely close to Gears 2 in terms of unplayability except maybe Wolfenstein.
Agreed. No way this MP is broken. They'll push patches. So all the exploits were uncovered within a month... it's still extremely fun to play.

whitehawk

Banned
RSTEIN said:
So, allow me to brag: I went 18-0 on Karachi :D (before the glitches hit). I now have all the accolades! I then went on to do really well on all the maps with the following setup:

~OR~

AUG+Holographic
Sleight of Hand
Stopping Power
Ninja
That's exactly what I use, and I love it.

I finally started getting into the online mode and ENJOY it last night.
(I was sucking bad lol)

Anywho now that I have the grenade launcher I am doing just fine :D
My favorite is busting some dude just as we both come around the corner.

I just wish the rocket launcher was faster, it makes a great second weapon.

Lince

Banned
DeuceMojo said:
Sweet! I'll probably get there first though, set my claymores (3 or 4 oughta do), and camp there waiting for you. :lol

I thought you could only have two claymores set at the same time? I mean if you plant a third one the first disappears, rite?

LLaMa-Tech said:
I just wish the rocket launcher was faster, it makes a great second weapon.
What should be faster is the thumper. It's slower than molasses and about worthless unless you're just relying on indirect fire.

I'm torn between the Stinger and the Javelin now. I've had a couple hundred kills with the Stinger so it's kind of like an old friend, but people tell me the Javelin is equally effective.

Nelo Ice

Banned
DeuceMojo said:
Sweet! I'll probably get there first though, set my claymores (3 or 4 oughta do), and camp there waiting for you. :lol

hence why i have scrambler and i clear out the camping area and wait for them to come
i kept doing holding down that one spot on invasion with the broken second floor across from the book store or whatever and after like 5 times the snipers finally stopped coming so i went back to hunting

also its given me the only excuse ive found to use scrambler(lvling it up to complete the challenges) and its fun luring ppl to u and either the claymore kills them or they eat shotgun

Lince said:
I thought you could only have two claymores set at the same time? I mean if you plant a third one the first disappears, rite?
Sometimes this is definitely the case, and if by "disappear" you mean "explode," then you're correct, as I've blown myself up doing this.

But half the time I can actually plant at least 3 which is great when I actually feel like pitching a tent.

I am aware that I might not get the answer, but can someone who has an idea at least of what is going on explain it to us?

Why is it a mod and not a glitch? why can't IW be blamed for it? is it possible to fix it? if so then why do people claim that they couldn't have prevented it? and why is this happining on the ps3?
Edit: What method did they use to do this in the first place?

Az

I fell in love last night with the M16 w/ACOG. I ran out of ammo and picked up someones weapon , which led me to hold A in domination by myself with tons of enemies attacking.

Lince said:

Yeah, soon as you try and set a third the first claymore you set will blow up.

RSTEIN said:
Yeah, it's my main go-to set up. The AUG is a beast. I find the holographic sight to be more accurate than red dot.

The AUG is the only weapon I currently have mastery on, as bullet pen kills are much easier with LMGs than ARs. I'm currently working on another LMG - the RPD, and I love it. You pretty much never need to reload, and you can spray through walls and get so many kills. Of course, when you do need to reload, you're screwed for a while :)

RSTEIN

divisionbyzorro said:
The AUG is the only weapon I currently have mastery on, as bullet pen kills are much easier with LMGs than ARs. I'm currently working on another LMG - the RPD, and I love it. You pretty much never need to reload, and you can spray through walls and get so many kills. Of course, when you do need to reload, you're screwed for a while :)

The AUG is just as accurate as an assault rife, too. Plus the recoil is not a factor. If you have Sleight of Hand Pro then it reloads just as fast - if not faster - than a standard assualt rifle.

Arjen

Bumblebeetuna said:

The matchmaking is way more fucked up than Gears 2, if you had a full party with Gears you would find a game under a couple of minutes.
Having a party of 5 in MW2 is just awfull, your party breaks up half the time, which is a pain in the ass, because you don't have partychat to communicate over that.

Nelo Ice said:
hence why i have scrambler and i clear out the camping area and wait for them to come
Been meaning to ask what is Scrambler Pro? I never found out 'cause I dropped Scrambler early on when a better perk came along.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Man, sprinter builds are so sick on some maps.

It seems like people can't react fast enough when you show up and you move so much faster when aiming down the sights (due to lightweight and holding a submachine gun) that most people can't track you properly as well.

I feel like when I get the jump on people with my sprinter build with my UMP, they pretty much always drop.

...kind of loving it. I had been hating this game, but I had some legitimate fun last night. :lol

RSTEIN said:
The AUG is just as accurate as an assault rife, too. Plus the recoil is not a factor. If you have Sleight of Hand Pro then it reloads just as fast - if not faster - than a standard assualt rifle.
I'll agree the AUG is pretty good, especially at a distance. For up close fighting though, I do believe it sucks, sir.

RubxQub said:
Man, sprinter builds are so sick on some maps.

It seems like people can't react fast enough when you show up and you move so much faster when aiming down the sights (due to lightweight and holding a submachine gun) that most people can't track you properly as well.

I feel like when I get the jump on people with my sprinter build with my UMP, they pretty much always drop.

...kind of loving it. I had been hating this game, but I had some legitimate fun last night. :lol
I didn't have many hootin' hollerin' good times until I got to level 67. :lol

cameltoe

DeuceMojo said:
Sometimes this is definitely the case, and if by "disappear" you mean "explode," then you're correct, as I've blown myself up doing this.

But half the time I can actually plant at least 3 which is great when I actually feel like pitching a tent.

ive never been able to plant 3....the first always explodes.

Just took part in a glitched game. insane! Ended up going 48/75. Is it wrong, as a guy who doesn't care about his K/D ratio, that I found it hella fun? I was dropping fools as quickly as I could pull the triggers on my akimbo Rangers. :lol Tossed a couple of crates (Harrier and Sentry Gun) and everything became a mad rush with everyone climbing over each other's corpses to get them. :lol I ended up with the Sentry, but the game ended just as I was about to place it. :(

sk3tch

Quick question for you guys:

My brother is a HUGE COD:MW2 player on 360. I would like to buy him another good online game for Christmas - as die-hard players yourselves...what would you recommend? I was thinking Left 4 Dead 2....

Thanks!!

sk3tch said:

My brother is a HUGE COD:MW2 player on 360. I would like to buy him another good online game for Christmas - as die-hard players yourselves...what would you recommend? I was thinking Left 4 Dead 2....

Thanks!!

L4D2 is good, but if he's a huge MW2 player, what are the odds he'll break from it by Christmas for another online game?

sk3tch said:

Thanks!!
I haven't heard anything about Left 4 Dead 2. As a die-hard, I like keep it fresh... Borderlands is a completely different kind of game, fun multiplayer. Is he a racer? Forza 3, Dirt 2 are both excellent...

I overloaded on shooters once... Fallout 3, Far Cry 2, Left 4 Dead, some residual World at War and COD4 still left. Think that was last year, about January.

Rayme

firehawk12 said:
I've just been doing some reading and infinite ammo is a mod and not a glitch? What the hell? This means that it'll NEVER be fixed.

No wonder it's not showing up on other platforms. Thanks, 360 piracy, you've reached a new low.
Modding the exe + data (which very-very few can do) causes it and begins the spread, but there are absolutely ways for this to be fixed. That is happening.

RSTEIN

DeuceMojo said:
I'll agree the AUG is pretty good, especially at a distance. For up close fighting though, I do believe it sucks, sir.

I think it rocks up close, sir. Especially when you aim for the knee caps :D

Top Bottom