• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Rayme

codecow said:
My first game today was an infinite ammo match. So I can't play normal games unless I wipe my HDD cache every time this happens?
Just have to quit the game, nothing about this is actually cached long term.

Tokubetsu

codecow said:
My first game today was an infinite ammo match. So I can't play normal games unless I wipe my HDD cache every time this happens?

I switched to COD4 instead.

Yea, i keep getting this as well. Every other game last night was private infinite ammo match. Just fucking garbage. I'm done with the game for awhile, can't be bothered to play anymore. I almost want the javelin glitch back. Almost.

RSTEIN said:
You know what would be cool? Go to Mythbusters. Have them stand 50ft from a target. One guy holds two 1887s and the other guy has a SCAR/AUG/FAMAS/M16. Then say shoot. Then look at the target. Look at the data. Which bullet arrives at the target first? What bullett does more damage to the target? Did the 1887s even HIT the target?
:lol I hear you here. I am amazed at the thing of course. Maybe there's something behind it. It probably has a barrel as long as your average rifle. Maybe the choke is set for low spread. Hah, I have no idea.

All I know is -- get the crosshair somewhere in the vicinity of my target, pull both triggers. If it's one of the 20% that doesn't drop right away, line it up, do it again. Cover be damned, they will fall.

At least if they castrate these guns and take the fun out of them I'll have had the chance to use the superpowered version for a few hundred kills.

Dark FaZe said:
For just straight loud gunning to me there isn't a better gun in the game than the AUG with sleight of hand and stopping power.
You mentioned using the M16 too, which to me is still the best in the game. The FAL almost never has one-shot kills and is a little vulnerable at close range, the SCAR burns through its ammo rapidly. Meanwhile the M16 produces an amazing amount of one-shot kills, headshots, longshots, and close-range kills.

Yes, the 1887s are ridiculous! Too bad I never reached level 67 to take full advantage. But if I found em on the ground, I picked em up every time. Fix cant come soon enough.

Every single match I've played this morning has been infinite ammo. Just got done with Wasteland where the entire other team was just standing there noob tubing at the helicopter the entire game. They better fix this shit today or else those incompetent fucks at IW should start giving out refunds.

Have only played infinite glitch twice, once in ground war, once in domination. Havent seen it in TDM or HCTDM, so just go kill people if you're getting sick of it.

Pyke Presco said:
Have only played infinite glitch twice, once in ground war, once in domination. Havent seen it in TDM or HCTDM, so just go kill people if you're getting sick of it.

I only play TDM it's in every game now.

Gek54

I just has my first infinite ammo game, that should be a game type, I have never had the much fun. AC-130 as brutal as they are easy to take down with a barrage of SA missiles. :D

I'm guessing that infinite ammo is only on the 360, right? Because I played plenty of MW2 on the PS3 yesterday and I've seen none of these glitches/exploits you guys keep talking about.

snack

Freedom = $1.05 said:
I'm guessing that infinite ammo is only on the 360, right? Because I played plenty of MW2 on the PS3 yesterday and I've seen none of these glitches/exploits you guys keep talking about.

Yeah, I haven't seen any infinite ammo matches yesterday either. When it comes to bugs/glitches for MW2, the 360 seems to come out on top.

DeuceMojo said:
Thought I'd fix that real quick-like. :lol

:lol

WickedLaharl said:
i'm so glad i only paid $32 for this glitchy pos.
Oh come on now. If you're talking about the console version, have faith, it will all fall into line within a matter of weeks/months.

If you're playing the PC version however, may I suggest playing one of the smoothest, refined, bug-free games of the decade:

vh6k9d.jpg

Ovid

Do you guys find it annoying that whenever you get a care package or emergency airdrop your teammates come in like vultures to try and take what you earned?

Also, was IW's intention of the emergency airdrop to share it with your teammates? The only rewards I share are UAV and Counter UAV. Everything else is mine, mine, mine.

Rawker

DeuceMojo said:
Oh come on now. If you're talking about the console version, have faith, it will all fall into line within a matter of weeks/months.

If you're playing the PC version however, may I suggest playing one of the smoothest, refined, bug-free games of the decade:

yeah because 5+ million people aren't playing it, games get torn apart when everyone and their little brother are playing.

snack

tarius1210 said:
Do you guys find it annoying that whenever you get a care package or emergency airdrop your teammates come in like vultures to try and take what you earned?

Also, was IW's intention of the emergency airdrop to share it with your teammates? The only rewards I share are UAV and Counter UAV. Everything else is mine, mine, mine.

Not really because 90% of the time, you get more points for giving these airdrops to your allies instead of using them yourself.

tarius1210 said:

Nope. I grab the package in an instant so there's no chance of them getting it before I do. If I die and can't reach the package in time, then I'd prefer my allies get it instead of the enemy. Plus, they provide backup since the enemy is sure to try and get the package themselves.

And lastly, it's a team game. Don't be so selfish.

Ovid

Tkawsome said:
Nope. I grab the package in an instant so there's no chance of them getting it before I do. If I die and can't reach the package in time, then I'd prefer my allies get it instead of the enemy. Plus, they provide backup since the enemy is sure to try and get the package themselves.
Don't get me wrong, if I die I don't mind my teammates getting the packages. Hell, my MW2 title is "Share Package". :D

Tkawsome said:
Don't be so selfish.
Sorry for being a stats whore.

RSTEIN said:
You know what would be cool? Go to Mythbusters. Have them stand 50ft from a target. One guy holds two 1887s and the other guy has a SCAR/AUG/FAMAS/M16. Then say shoot. Then look at the target. Look at the data. Which bullet arrives at the target first? What bullett does more damage to the target? Did the 1887s even HIT the target?

Shotguns easily hit targets at and past 50ft. Video games would have you believe a shotgun can't hit anything past 10 feet.

tarius1210 said:
Don't get me wrong, if I die I don't mind my teammates getting the packages. Hell, my MW2 title is "Share Package". :D

Then think of it as your team protecting the package until you arrive, that should get rid of any annoyance.

tarius1210 said:
Sorry for being a stats whore.

You should be!

:p

Zabka

BattleMonkey said:
Shotguns easily hit targets at and past 50ft. Video games would have you believe a shotgun can't hit anything past 10 feet.
Halo 2 is the greatest offender. It's practically a hand-to-hand weapon.

R. Lee Ermey has new TV show called Lock n' Load, where he tests a line of weapons from its origins to modern variants. The shotgun episode started with the blunderbuss, hits the three Brownings (lever, pump, semi-auto) and finishes with the AA-12.

whitehawk

Banned
BattleMonkey said:
That's not the whole reason it's broken. Many times I'll be running around the corner, and only a bit of the shot will hit my leg, and yet I still die.

Nizz

Weird thing happened on PS3 last night. Was playing a private match when we realized someone else joined in. His name was in green where my teammates names' were in blue. He asked, "is this a private match?" and we said yeah.

Dude stayed for the match, no big deal. Don't know how that happened though. Haven't seen anything else out of the ordinary on PS3 though.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
BattleMonkey said:

Hmm. Ok then. Clearly I'm not a gun expert.

tarius1210 said:

Hahaha, I usually berate whoever stands around my package and tries to steal it. Like "look at this fuckin' guy... what are you standing around here for, Slick? Trying to take something?" All the while of course, I'm opening my pacakge which takes what, <1 second, while he stands there looking dumb.

When it comes to Emergency Airdrops though, I'll usually snatch a UAV or counter or whatever. Or if the dude dies, I'll grab whatever looks good.

Ovid

DeuceMojo said:
Hahaha, I usually berate whoever stands around my package and tries to steal it. Like "look at this fuckin' guy... what are you standing around here for, Slick? Trying to take something?" All the while of course, I'm opening my pacakge which takes what, <1 second, while he stands there looking dumb.
Oh snap, I do the same thing. :lol :lol :lol

cameltoe

DeuceMojo said:
When it comes to Emergency Airdrops though, I'll usually snatch a UAV or counter or whatever. Or if the dude dies, I'll grab whatever looks good.

the point of the e-drop is FOR the team......

cameltoe said:
the point of the e-drop is FOR the team......

Eh; more that the point of EAD is not for the other team.

Common courtesy would dictate that you don't take the really cool stuff away from the guy who threw it (specifically AC-130 and Apache)

taylor910

whitehawk said:
That's not the whole reason it's broken. Many times I'll be running around the corner, and only a bit of the shot will hit my leg, and yet I still die.

This.

A shotty from 50 feet taken anywhere but the face will not kill.

divisionbyzorro said:
Eh; more that the point of EAD is not for the other team.

Common courtesy would dictate that you don't take the really cool stuff away from the guy who threw it (specifically AC-130 and Apache)
Man, whoever doubts the coolness of the new killstreaks in this game has never had a 10-15 kill run on the Apache or a good handful of multikills from the the AC-130's guns. Love this game.

Gek54

BattleMonkey said:

But should they be as lethal as they are at such distance?

Median

I had a buddy get knifed by a teammate while he was opening his air drop today on hardcore TDM. Rather scummy, if you ask me.

LiK

tarius1210 said:

Never happened to me, ppl in all my games don't jump for my care packages. Good etiquette from my experience

snack

Median said:
I had a buddy get knifed by a teammate while he was opening his air drop today on hardcore TDM. Rather scummy, if you ask me.

Ouch. That teammate of your buddy must really like air drops then.

Median said:
Wow. I hate hardcore anyway. Well, I should say I think hardcore TDM is ok, but mostly it sucks.

-viper- said:
Really?

Does it have better range?
Abso-f'ing-lutely. The only two things that have beat this thing in a fair fight are a surprise akimbo 1887 (and to be fair, the 1887s will usually beat this weapon in any situation) and a knife within 10 feet.

I have approached a building, looked up to a second-floor window, and peppered the guy shooting out the window who has half-cover. Two or three shots took him out. For actual range kills... it's far better than you'd expect. Just don't silence it.

Striker is easily my favorite secondary. Except for, well, The Pair That Must not be Named.

Top Bottom