• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Kibbles said:
WTF? I'm in a match and everyone seems to have infinite ammo (including me), and greande launchers. :lol Javelins are exploding everywhere around the map. :lol Wtf is going on?

It's just a hacked server. Either stay for the nuke or quit out, and hope for the best next search. There's a lot of "public private" matches that are completely fucked floating around. It's a fun distraction for 5 minutes, but it'll rape your K/D and go on forever, so I would just leave.

mik

mik is unbeatable
Are those shenanigans going down on all three platforms? I'd have expected it on the PC, I suppose, but the 360 and PS3 too?

This is adding an entirely new and unexpected layer of entertainment to MW2's multiplayer. :lol

Kibbles

Normaly, I'd be bitching, but this is fun. No nukes have been used yet. :lol Fun to mess around in. They should have this as an unranked playlist or something.

Hawk SE

Well i've suggested to Robert Bowling that they add "Endurance" matches to the playlists. So with TDM instead of a 750 limit, make it 1000 or 1500, make it something worth staying for.

EazyB

Banned
Pyke Presco said:
For me, I'd rather camp for 5 or 6 minutes until the round is over and then back out and find another room than quit the game. I'm not going to stop playing because I'm getting my ass kicked for one game, thats just being petty.

Not to say that I havent ragequit a couple times. It can get to all of us.
It's not that I get my ass kicked. I do fine. I have the 1887s unlocked and am not afraid to use them. It's just the game isn't fun that way and rather not play CoD at all. Even then I don't the point of staying for the 5 or 6 minutes until the round is over. I suppose it'd be worth it if you were having fun camping but if you're not having fun there's absolutely no point in staying. And I don't know what CoD you're playing but about half of the matches I play turn into 1887 duels and the other half always have a couple people running around with them.

Nizz

layzie1989 said:
this infinite ammo shit is insane!
How the fuck do people even find these glitches? Game's had glitching into rocks, care package glitches, Javelin glitches. Now infinite ammo?

KingOfSoap

Neo Member
This game was fun at the start, but not its random bullshit. Lots of people running around with akimbo 1887 and noobtubes. Srlsy, gameplay is sort of mindnumbing running around and try to hit something. I do alright, but it just doesn't give much statisfaction. I guess I go back to TF2, where skill does matter. Fuck IW.

EazyB said:
It's not that I get my ass kicked. I do fine. I have the 1887s unlocked and am not afraid to use them. It's just the game isn't fun that way and rather not play CoD at all. Even then I don't the point of staying for the 5 or 6 minutes until the round is over. I suppose it'd be worth it if you were having fun camping but if you're not having fun there's absolutely no point in staying. And I don't know what CoD you're playing but about half of the matches I play turn into 1887 duels and the other half always have a couple people running around with them.

On 360? Add NuB Pyke, we'll play some TDM/HCTDM. I rarely run into any serious problems, so maybe its just my luck. If theres one 87 user its not an issue, its when we get 4 or 5 that I start complaining, but it doesnt happen that often.

Mileena

Banned
Kibbles said:
WTF? I'm in a match and everyone seems to have infinite ammo (including me), and greande launchers. :lol Javelins are exploding everywhere around the map. :lol Wtf is going on?

This is the 360 version btw, not PC.
Was it on Scrapyard? I think I saw your GT in there.

Sielys

@KnownAsMclovin Thanks man. Expect to have both of those resolved as fast as we can.

in reply to

@fourzerotwo Still loving the game! I mean, its amazing right now, but fix the 1887's and private match glitches and it'll be Perfect!

Lame, looks like 1887s are getting nerfed or something.

mik said:
Are those shenanigans going down on all three platforms? I'd have expected it on the PC, I suppose, but the 360 and PS3 too?

This is adding an entirely new and unexpected layer of entertainment to MW2's multiplayer. :lol

I don't consider myself to be on that often(have prestiged once) but I have yet to see the infinite ammo thing on the PS3.

jergrah

mattso said:
just logged in and got a patch. first game in... infinite ammo grenade launcher spam.

Sooo... what was the update for?

Was this your first time logging in since Friday? If so - the patch that dropped Friday was for the Javelin glitch.

mattso

jergrah said:
Was this your first time logging in since Friday? If so - the patch that dropped Friday was for the Javelin glitch.
nope I was playing earlier today and pretty much everyday since last friday

snack

Sielys said:
Lame, looks like 1887s are getting nerfed or something.

When I heard this, I couldn't be more happy. They are so overpowered that it makes me cringe with fear when I see it kill someone 20 feet away.

mik

mik is unbeatable
I'm trying to get some answers, goddamnit!

@stepto just out of curiosity, is blasting unlimited ammo out of a grenade launcher in MW2 roughly the same thing as STEALING YOUR CAR?!?

;-)

Tried to play search and destroy and most of the times either i got into one of those private matches or there was infinite ammo.

Una-fucking-cceptable, IW. Seriously, this was one of the biggest games ever and they come up with those slow as fucking shit patches. Treyarch is a better developer (see: WaW).

Sielys

Also, is there really a prize for not being infected?
I read on here a couple times that it said a prize would be rewarded to those that aren't infected but they did not elaborate. Anyone know if this is true, and if so, what the prize is

EDIT: And no, I wasn't being serious :p

MMaRsu

You know what I fucking hate about this game? I CANT ADJUST THE MUSIC ASIDE FROM THE FUCKING SOUND FX

default.jpg

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
salva said:
Una-fucking-cceptable, IW. Seriously, this was one of the biggest games ever and they come up with those slow as fucking shit patches. Treyarch is a better developer (see: WaW).

No QA team is going to find everything and when you have a game as big as MW2 you can bet the house that the kiddos online will try and break every single thing imaginable. This is the biggest FPS release this gen and IW is a AAA studio , they get the benefit of the doubt from me. I'm sure these issues will soon be resolved and the world will keep turning.

As for Treyarch, they're a second-rate studio that works off of whatever Infinity Ward builds. Enough with the hyperbole.

Cerrius said:
No QA team is going to find everything and when you have a game as big as MW2 you can bet the house that the kiddos online will try and break every single thing imaginable. This is the biggest FPS release this gen and IW is a AAA studio , they get the benefit of the doubt from me. I'm sure these issues will soon be resolved and the world will keep turning.

As for Treyarch, they're a second-rate studio that works off of whatever Infinity Ward builds. Enough with the hyperbole.

No shit but they should be fixing this shit faster. Last patch broke matchmaking even more which is stupid.

Greg

Just rented the game, and SP is pretty boring so far. It jumps around way too much, nothing really makes sense, and it plays like one of those old shooting gallery games you'd find at the arcade.

Hoping to blow through SP real quick and check out MP.

holy shit so just had my first game since yesterday. first infinite ammo glitch game. fucking ridiculous, its hilarious for like the first 3 minutes but after that its just fucking stupid. christ

jiien

Cerrius said:

Call them second-rate, but at least they created a balanced multiplayer and well designed maps. Neither of which I see in the almighty IW's multiplayer. Sure, they borrowed the structure of the game IW created. But they made their own unique maps, and own unique guns, and a few new perks here and there. All of which worked just fine.

That's not to say IW didn't make some great changes. The variety is astounding. But as someone said several pages back, they added changes with the mindset of 'Why not?' rather than 'Why?'.

Variety does not excuse a lack of balance.

J-Rzez said:
Ugh. Not this shotgun stuff again. In real life a shotgun using what I assume is 00buck (from the game) will lose it's power and more importantly, accuracy ~20yrds. Can shotguns hit further away? Sure, if they're firing pumpkins/slugs.

I'll roll with a shotgun and a long rifle in the car. Based on the call I can make selection. If it's a domestic/active shooter/indoor situation, I'll grab the shotty. If it's anything beyond that realm, it's long rifle time.

Moreover, the 1887s and Rangers are sawed-off shotguns (The Rangers are actually a style called called Lupara by enthusiasts, a break open sawed-off shotgun). They lack a choke and have much less muzzle velocity and a wider shot than your typical full bodied model. Plus your wielding two of them, firing both at once. Good for sweeping a room, but beyond that and you're not going to hit the broad side of a barn with any regularity.

jiien said:
Call them second-rate, but at least they created a balanced multiplayer and well designed maps. Neither of which I see in the almighty IW's multiplayer. Sure, they borrowed the structure of the game IW created. But they made their own unique maps, and own unique guns, and a few new perks here and there. All of which worked just fine.

That's not to say IW didn't make some great changes. The variety is astounding. But as someone said several pages back, they added changes with the mindset of 'Why not?' rather than 'Why?'.

Variety does not excuse a lack of balance.
It may have been balanced, but was not fun enough to take me away from COD4

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
God damn I just had a match where I called probably 12-15 UAVs lol. I got alot of 3-7 kills with UAV and carepackage (usually UAV) then died. At end I got a chopper gunner and had probably one of my best matches. All while I was intending to try to XP my ACOG on my ACR and Pro up on Scrambler :lol

For awhile there I think I had 2-3 UAVs always ready

Sielys

I for one loved the WaW maps. They were probably my favorite set of maps out of every FPS I've played. Unrealistic, I know, but I really hope the DLC mappacks have WaW maps.

WaW had some great maps (except the tank levels, which were pretty much all bad),but I couldnt stand the gunplay. I loved their additional perks, the extra custom slots, some of the cool twists like disabling tubes for the first 10 seconds of a search match, but everything about actually playing the game felt off to me. If we had Treyarchs support with IW's gameplay, i would be a happy man.

salva said:
Yeah they were great. I miss the bolt action rifles =(
This....*sigh*

Sielys said:
I for one loved the WaW maps. They were probably my favorite set of maps out of every FPS I've played. Unrealistic, I know, but I really hope the DLC mappacks have WaW maps.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Cerrius said:

There is really no excuse for the game being THIS glitchy. If anything, it shows that an "AAA" studio like IW should already be well aware how important the beta process is, considering it's what happened with the last two CoD games and that went swimmingly. They already knew how popular the game was going to end up and talked all about it, instead of actually preparing for all these people to get their hands on it.

My issues with the game also stem farther than the glitches. The balance with all the insane killstreaks, when you get the necessary materials(stinger) to combat these killstreaks is too far away. The starting levels suck ass because you can do nothing but run or die from them, the starting AA isn't even worth using. The game basically felt like a grind to level 25 to get cold blooded so you could finally stop getting destroyed by them, then once you got to 30 it was fine. But that was never something I felt in the other games, even if you got better guns later--level 1 never felt disadvantaged like it is here.

I also hate the design of most of the maps, some of the perks just add frustratingly effective class builds like the lag-abusing long range knifers, the obviously overpowered shotgunners, weird hit detection issues that always get hilariously highlighted by the slow-mo end of match kill, etc. Even stuff from CoD4 like getting thrown into games just about to end haven't been fixed...oh, and I didn't even touch on the plethora of bullshit that went on with the PC release.

So I find it hard to swallow that Treyarch is just a second rate studio riding IW's coattails. I had a much better time with both the SP and MP with WaW than MW2 has provided. Not to mention they had cool modes like Nazi Zombies and ACTUALLY SUPPORTED THE GAME, unlike IW with 4. They have map packs for MW2 announced, but even now when the game is in this hilariously bad condition full of glitches and broken matchmaking, they are BARELY saying anything or keeping people up to date on what's happening. Just the occasional twitter update to let you know they are aware of it.

Sielys

salva said:

I miss my KAR and Mosin Nagant. And sniper scoped garand. And Thompson. And Gewehr. And flamethrower. and double barrel shotgun.

Man, I really liked the guns in WaW also. They just had a solid..."feeling" to them. I can't explain it :/

Sielys said:
I miss my KAR and Mosin Nagant. And sniper scoped garand. And Thompson. And Gewehr. And flamethrower. and double barrel shotgun.

Man, I really liked the guns in WaW also. They just had a solid..."feeling" to them. I can't explain it :/

True. I feel ya', bro

ZeroRay

Came across a party of tenth prestigers in a domination game and I immediately became suspicious. They sounded like a bunch of 10 year olds and three of them were on my team.

It turned out that they were boosting since the three kids at the bottom of my team finished with 40-70 deaths with the person on top of the opposing team finishing 107-1.

And to top it all off, we were still winning the game until we got nuked at around 195-180. Come on IW. :lol

Top Bottom