• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Blackface

Banned
SO I take it, it's not worth picking MW2 up any time soon? MP sounds like it's bugged, broken, and the typical MP scrubs like, you know, with nade spamming, and camping. It also sounds like it's getting no support.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
fps fanatic said:
Wow. Here I was thinking the PS3 was pretty devoid of glitches and this shows up. :lol I haven't experienced a lot of glitching, but I'm kinda worried jumping on tonight...

It's nothing "game breaking" like the Jav Glitch was. It's basically some glitch between offline saves to the matchmaking/rank servers of IW's to instantly 10th Prestige level 1 you (after you accept the "Prestige" otherwise you're Prestige 9 Level 70).

Cheap, but not exactly a huge deal (it'll be rolled back, probably)

Critical Jeff said:
:lol @ all everyone bitching about glitches. Has everyone forgot the amount of halo2 glitches there were?

edit: I havn't even been in a infinite ammo glitched game (xbox version). I only play team deathmatch. I would like to mess around for a few rounds in a infinite ammo game, but just for kicks.

Easy to say that. I mean the first couple of times it was like "this is pretty cool." But after the 20th fucking time you want to play serious with your party and you get into one of these private matches it's just fucking annoying. Of 10 matches i tried to play today 8 of them were either private, infinite ammo, or a mix of both.

Smokey said:
really? halo2 compared to a fucking 2009 game that was the biggest release of all time?

really?

What I'm trying to say is; enjoy the game, ignore the glitches, or stop playing. Whats the problem with comparing two of the biggest games in the past 5 years?

TheSeks

Odrion said:
This could be my opportunity to get the Price Emblem.

I should've done that with the Jav Glitch. Except... you know... suicider bombers.

At least I got "It's Personal" and "Did you see that!?" from it. :lol

salva said:
Easy to say that. I mean the first couple of times it was like "this is pretty cool." But after the 20th fucking time you want to play serious with your party and you get into one of these private matches it's just fucking annoying. Of 10 matches i tried to play today 8 of them were either private, infinite ammo, or a mix of both.

what playlists are you playing thats putting you in private matches or glitched matches?

Kibbles

Ugh, I can never get in them anymore. Game sucks without it.

Meh, I hope it's still there tomorrow, I'm done for today.

UFRA

fps fanatic said:
Wow. Here I was thinking the PS3 was pretty devoid of glitches and this shows up. :lol I haven't experienced a lot of glitching, but I'm kinda worried jumping on tonight...

There's nothing to fear about people using the 10th Prestige glitch...

I played a whole team of them today and all they did was usual tactics of noob toobing and what not...My team won every round, about 4 or 5 games in a row until the douches quit.

All they get is their extra custom classes, but if you're a level 70 0 prestige then you have the same equipment as them anyways.

I'd rather have this glitch than the broken matchmaking and infinite ammo.

Critical Jeff said:
What I'm trying to say is; enjoy the game, ignore the glitches, or stop playing. Whats the problem with comparing two of the biggest games in the past 5 years?

It's hard to enjoy the game when almost every fucking match is full of glitches. And really, really? Ignore the glitches?

Critical Jeff said:
what playlists are you playing thats putting you in private matches or glitched matches?

Teach Deathmath and Search and Destroy

TheSeks

UFRA said:

I played a whole team of them today and all they did was usual tactics of noob toobing and what not...My team won every round, about 4 or 5 games in a row until the douches quit.

All they get is their extra custom classes, but if you're a level 70 0 prestige then you have the same equipment as them anyways.

I personally rather they remove all the "extra" Prestige shit like emblems and just give it to us for reaching 70. I hate this whole "prestige" bullshit, but I want "My Little Pwn'y" badly. :lol

salva said:
It's hard to enjoy the game when almost every fucking match is full of glitches. And really, really? Ignore the glitches?

Teach Deathmath and Search and Destroy

Well, what platform are you on? I've not been in one glitched match or seen one person with infinite ammo in a matchmade non-private game yet. Maybe I'm just lucky?

Blackface said:
SO I take it, it's not worth picking MW2 up any time soon? MP sounds like it's bugged, broken, and the typical MP scrubs like, you know, with nade spamming, and camping. It also sounds like it's getting no support.

WTF? Yeah, my experience with MW2 has been the mostly the opposite of that. Theres always some minor glitch, ive never seen someone grenade spamming effectively and those that camp get their asses torn soon cause of the killcam.

Get the game, these threads on neogaf always blow out of proportion some minor dislike they have about the game.

Nizz

TheSeks said:
It's nothing "game breaking" like the Jav Glitch was. It's basically some glitch between offline saves to the matchmaking/rank servers of IW's to instantly 10th Prestige level 1 you (after you accept the "Prestige" otherwise you're Prestige 9 Level 70).

Cheap, but not exactly a huge deal (it'll be rolled back, probably)

UFRA said:

Gotcha. This particular glitch isn't as bad as others have experienced/are experiencing. That infinite ammo glitch sounds like a pain in the ass though.

Luckily that problem hasn't made it to the PS3, but it sucks for 360 players. Hopefully IW patch that shit quick.

Lince

Banned
In my opinion this game has turned into complete and pure shit, I'm done with the camping, nade/RPG spamming and people staying behind a table in the darkest place of the map even when they're loosing, I'm getting a lot of 30-4 25-8 and other good results lately but this game is completely aimed for chaotic noob action, and hardcore is just so dull with people seemingly playing chess instead of an FPS, put this down to the "games you regret buying in 2009", and btw tried again the sp campaign... garbage, wtf was I thinking when I bought this game? even for 20 euros is not worth it (again, in my opinion).

I deleted the game save and put it in the closet, maybe the first game ever I'm selling, trading or just giving away to someone.

ps: I spent 150 hours in the multiplayer, I tried everything, garbage I tell you.

Lince

Banned
Otrebor Nightmarecoat said:
Get the game, these threads on neogaf always blow out of proportion some minor dislike they have about the game.

don't get it, try KZ2, L4D2 or U2 multiplayer instead, this game isn't worth it (in my opinion).

careful

TheSeks said:
Tenth Prestige Hack is awesome. Too bad it's a "no-no," otherwise I'd use it on my main/primary PSN account. As someone that never prestiged in CoD4 and find prestiging for "My Little Pwn'y" in CoD6 stupid, it's awesome to have all the titles and shit and just... fucking play.

*sigh* I hope when IW patches it they let the "hacked save" stay for offline play. It's nice to have for split-screen (on PS3 there is no "two profile" mode like the 360, so you have to have multiple offline saves to use and then rank them up individually, takes forever...) mode.

Now to go back to my level 31 0 prestige account and GRIND MOAR. *sigh*
Is there a way to only hack my offline profiles so that I will have all unlocks available for offline play?

Critical Jeff said:
:lol @ all everyone bitching about glitches. Has everyone forgot the amount of halo2 glitches there were?

edit: I havn't even been in a infinite ammo glitched game (xbox version). I only play team deathmatch. I would like to mess around for a few rounds in a infinite ammo game, but just for kicks.

Play some Domination, it's absolutely lousy with it. I actually like the Public/Private games on Rust (where else are you going to go 98/180 in this game? :lol), but the infinite ammo glitch on other maps suck (too much room encourages Noob Toobing, and don't get me started on what it's like on Terminal).

TheSeks

careful said:
Is there a way to only hack my offline profiles so that I will have all unlocks available for offline play?

Using the hack you can have one person have all the items. Then one man army/danger close glitch the others to +9000 EXP bonus per game (if that still works). They won't get the emblems (for most things) obviously, but it cuts the workload muchly.

I really wish IW would just let you use one offline profile for that shit though. There's no point in not letting you copy it for four people and then let them tweak it as they wish. :/ It's offline. :/

OMGLOL A LLAMA

Neo Member
18player free for all on Rust... :lol
It's soooooo fun, I kinda feel bad for exploiting a glitch but it doesn't harm anyone and is all just good fun right? :D

OMGLOL A LLAMA said:
It's soooooo fun, I kinda feel bad for exploiting a glitch but it doesn't harm anyone and is all just good fun right? :D

That's what I've been getting at for the my last handful of posts.

Smokey

Critical Jeff said:

One of those games (H2) was one of the first major XBL titles. It was what helped launch the service. MW2 is following MW, and already hugely successful online title. The situations are totally different.

To have this many glitches running rampant on such a high profile release is crazy.

Critical Jeff said:
Well, what platform are you on? I've not been in one glitched match or seen one person with infinite ammo in a matchmade non-private game yet. Maybe I'm just lucky?

Yeah consider yourself lucky.

kevm3

IW laid a real egg with this one. Two years time wit virtually the same engine, and THIS is what you come up with? There are a few good things in this game like no juggernaut or martyrdom as a main perk and the host migration, but other than that, this game went backwards from COD. This is ON TOP of them taking dedicated servers out of the PC version.

I played Hardcore TDM all last night and didn't see a single unlimited ammo or Rust game you all are talking about. Is this yet another issue where Hardcore players are immune?

OldJadedGamer said:
I played Hardcore TDM all last night and didn't see a single unlimited ammo or Rust game you all are talking about. Is this yet another issue where Hardcore players are immune?

Yep. Hardcore is the way to balance out every single thing that people bitch about, except camping, which is an unfortunate byproduct of having a respawn timer. If you can stand a little slower paced game, then hardcore will get rid of all the shit in the game.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
DMeisterJ said:
Seems like GAF Hyperbole (TM) is in full effect these past couple of pages...

Bah.

If Treyarch had made this game it wouldn't have any glitches or balancing problems. It would've been perfect.

amirite

lol the first match i got into tonight was unlimited ammo. It was kinda fun for a few rounds. They should make it a playlist and tune down a few things, like the AC130. It'd be a fun little distraction.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Cerrius said:
If Treyarch had made this game it wouldn't have any glitches or balancing problems. It would've been perfect.

amirite

No, because a glitchy mess of an online is a glitchy mess regardless. I'm not hating on IW just for the hell of it.

strikeselect

Papercuts said:
No, because a glitchy mess of an online is a glitchy mess regardless. I'm not hating on IW just for the hell of it.

It's only the biggest FPS this generation. Stupid Infinity Ward, why couldn't your QA guys find these exploits like the millions and millions of kiddos that have logged hundreds of hours online?

Treyarch's world class QA team would've found these problems.

adelante

Critical Jeff said:
That's what I've been getting at for the my last handful of posts.
And people have been trying to tell you that we have every right to complain about something that's especially as rampant and gamebreaking as all these glitches

Papercuts

Cerrius said:
It's only the biggest FPS this generation. Stupid Infinity Ward, why couldn't your QA guys find these exploits like the millions and millions of kiddos that have logged hundreds of hours online?

Treyarch's world class QA team would've found these problems.

I already addressed this earlier. :lol

That was the point, this is the biggest FPS of the gen. There's no excuse for them skimping on the beta, which is the main factor to all of this shit getting by. Instead of finding and eliminating this stuff ahead of time, everyone's waiting for a boatload of patches for the product they payed for while they get thrown into wrong gametypes full of people hording infinite ammo.

strikeselect

Papercuts said:
I already addressed this earlier. :lol

That was the point, this is the biggest FPS of the gen. There's no excuse for them skimping on the beta, which is the main factor to all of this shit getting by. Instead of finding and eliminating this stuff ahead of time, everyone's waiting for a boatload of patches for the product they payed for while they get thrown into wrong gametypes full of people hording infinite ammo.

and who's to say whether IW had any input on whether a public beta would run or not?

After all, ACTIVISION is the PUBLISHER (you know, the guys who distribute the game, market it, own the call of duty franchise etc. etc. etc.)

This is all Infinity Ward's fault. Why couldn't they take Bobby Kotick hostage and demand that Activision allow a public beta.

Stupid Infinity Ward.

whitehawk

Banned
OMGLOL A LLAMA said:
Same, I got 18 player on that desert level and I went 25-6 (there was no infinite ammo or anything, just 18 players).

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
So is PS3 version not broken? I have yet to see anything private match wise and I really want to see this :lol
I guess I can go to friends tomorrow and test it out on 360

TheSeks

Smokey said:
One of those games (H2) was one of the first major XBL titles. It was what helped launch the service.

Maybe to twelve year olds, sure. But XBL's first major hit was Ghost Recon. Just saying.

joesmokey

Wow I finally played this for the first time tonight. My friend bought a PS3 and this game so I was over there playing it and we had a blast. I was pretty reluctant to pick this up but I think I'm finally going to cave.

Only problem is my friend base is so splintered between PS3/360/PC that I don't really know which version I should get D:.

J-Rzez

Skilotonn said:
Damn whiners.

They're shotguns - they're supposed to tear you a new one from a distance

Certainly not from the distance they do, wow. I hope you're never consulted for a game, and you steer clear from any form of tactics agency. I was able to run around getting triple kills from a blast from each hand. I haven't used them since because I just felt dirty using such cheap ass bullshit that has no place in this game in the first place. They turned this game into some new-age action movie with akimbo shotguns/smg's/pistols. Keep that shit in halo, not here.

Tried one night to get some good games in. Nearly every game I went into there was infinite ammo going on, and that was after the 10 minutes it took to get my friends into a party. Then I got into a ground war free for all on Rust with infinite ammo, noob tubes going off everywhere, with an AC-130 up in the air. I promptly shut this shit off. IW makes the people at Slant 6 seem God-Like after this game.

joesmokey said:
Only problem is my friend base is so splintered between PS3/360/PC that I don't really know which version I should get D:.

Certainly not the 360 version. It's a grade-AA fuck shop right now. I've never experienced such a high profile game with such problems before.

Papercuts

Cerrius said:
and who's to say whether IW had any input on whether a public beta would run or not?

After all, ACTIVISION is the PUBLISHER (you know, the guys who distribute the game, market it, own the call of duty franchise etc. etc. etc.)

This is all Infinity Ward's fault. Why couldn't they take Bobby Kotick hostage and demand that Activision allow a public beta.

Stupid Infinity Ward.

Well, why would activision opt them out of one? It does nothing but good--builds even more hype, gets any nasty bugs out, and they already did it successfully twice beforehand. They had a part, sure, but I highly doubt IW just made the game and was held captive to do anything regarding stuff like a beta. They probably don't deserve ALL the blame, but considering they happily plastered their name around with it, they're going to get the flak for it...just like, ya know, every other dev ever.

Matty McDee

Neo Member
I mean you have to admit, Domination on Rust is fun sometimes (that is if you aren't being spawn killed by Grenade Launchers) but when you want to find a legitimate Domination game that isn't glitched and isn't on Rust with an infinite time limit it can get annoying.

Oh and the gametype were you can kill your teammates and get points has to be the stupidest thing I have ever played in my life. Who honestly wants to play that?

joesmokey

J-Rzez said:
Certainly not the 360 version. It's a grade-AA fuck shop right now. I've never experienced such a high profile game with such problems before.
Seriously? I haven't been following this game at all.

Everdred

joesmokey said:
Seriously? I haven't been following this game at all.
Don't believe this bullshit. This is blown so far out of proportion it's ridiculous. All PS3 and 360 have the same problems and it isn't nearly as common as the people here claim.

I played 3 1/2 hours of MW2 online with the 360 this morning and NOT ONCE did I run into these glitches. I played Ground War, Free For All and Team Deathmatch. I was purposely hopping around just to see these glitches and I couldn't find them anywhere.

I can't believe the amount of people freaking out on here. The Javelin glitch was way worse than this and even that wasn't that common. Maybe 1 out of every 10 matches had them.

Just my input.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Cerrius said:

amirite
If Treyarch made this game it would have had local search atleast..

Top Bottom