• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

ShOcKwAvE

I am kinda new to MP...played maybe 10 hours, but I haven't noticed any glitches and I didn't even know they existed. I've had a lot of fun even when I get my ass kicked.

Narag

ShOcKwAvE said:
I am kinda new to MP...played maybe 10 hours, but I haven't noticed any glitches and I didn't even know they existed. I've had a lot of fun even when I get my ass kicked.

This is what I like best. Even if I lose on something like Domination, its fun when both teams are performing as they should. Half tempted to ditch the game due to all the MP issues but I found I'm really enjoying sniping so giving that a whirl. :lol

J-Rzez

joesmokey said:
Seriously? I haven't been following this game at all.

I'm not the only one here complaining about the state the game is in now. You don't have to look very far to see how many people are experiencing this issue. And this is a small sample of the people who play the game and experience this to post about it.

OMGLOL A LLAMA

Neo Member
adelante said:
And people have been trying to tell you that we have every right to complain about something that's especially as rampant and gamebreaking as all these glitches

Game-breaking? The only game-breaking glitches are the Javelin glitch, and the turret-in-the-wall glitch. Whats the harm in Private matches, what people having FUN in a game they paid for somehow fucks the game up for the rest of you guys? I'm not defending glitches like the Javelin glitch, because those do fuck up the game for others, but Private matches? Really?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
OMGLOL A LLAMA said:
Game-breaking? The only game-breaking glitches are the Javelin glitch, and the turret-in-the-wall glitch. Whats the harm in Private matches, what people having FUN in a game they paid for somehow fucks the game up for the rest of you guys? I'm not defending glitches like the Javelin glitch, because those do fuck up the game for others, but Private matches? Really?

The game is fucking up and placing people searching for normal games into the private matches.

Had an extremely weird match earlier. Went into Domination hoping to land in a Rust glitch game and did: a glitch Rust Hardcore Ricochet 18 player Domination game with infinite ammo! :lol I must of shot down 3 AC-130s in that match with my Stinger (something fun I found out, once you've got a lock you can just keep blasting away until the thing goes down in an infinite ammo game)!

ZeroRay

OMGLOL A LLAMA said:

Considering you get dumped into these private matches against your will, yeah.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
OMGLOL A LLAMA said:

Uh, Private Matches are being found in PUBLIC match searching. That's the problem, dude.

The extra problem is that this "glitch" is infecting legit users with inf. ammo they can't turn off.

Thus, "Game Breaking."

adelante

OMGLOL A LLAMA said:
The gamebreaking bit was specifically refering to the Javelin and Tenth Prestige glitch. But having "fun", however subjective that term is, still doesn't justify for rampant glitches to exist in the first place. And last I checked, not everyone wants to play in private room with infinite ammo turned on (although you assuming that is pretty funny hah :lol ) especially when you're searching thru public servers in the first place

J-Rzez

OMGLOL A LLAMA said:

Yeah, my bad. I would think the party system being a trial to get more than two of your friends together finally into the same game once they can actually join up, then choosing Domination and getting placed into a ground war sized game on rust with infinite ammo (including the ac130) is game breaking, but I'm just being too picky or expecting too much.

X26

Banned
Played earlier and it was mostly glitch games, rust ffa decimated my k/d, should've just quit out, although tdm infinite ammo was kind of fun the first time

ridiculous how broken the online is

NeoUltima said:
Infinity Ward, too good for beta tests

No, they had one for COD4 and that only had a few minor problems that were patched super fast after launch. MW2 really has a lot of weird stuff that has been slowly responded to but if you do look at COD4 and the one single map pack you'll see they aren't the fastest to respond.

Oh, and btw... all night been playing Hardcore and not a single glitched game. Not a single one. Now, back to shooting men.

OldJadedGamer said:
No, they had one for COD4 and that only had a few minor problems that were patched super fast after launch. MW2 really has a lot of weird stuff that has been slowly responded to but if you do look at COD4 and the one single map pack you'll see they aren't the fastest to respond.

Oh, and btw... all night been playing Hardcore and not a single glitched game. Not a single one. Now, back to shooting men.

This right here. Played for like 3 or 4 hours earlier, non stop HCTDM, and didnt have any problems (mind you, I also only had to do two searches,once to get started and once when host didnt migrate). It's pretty awesome. Think I'll boot it up again.

Do people realize that the infinite ammo trick isn't a glitch, but a mod that can only be activated through a modded console? Technically this isn't IWs fault.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
johnFkennedy said:
Do people realize that the infinite ammo trick isn't a glitch, but a mod that can only be activated through a modded console? Technically this isn't IWs fault.

Right, but the matchmaking is still putting people who haven't done anything wrong into these modded games.

EazyB

Banned
johnFkennedy said:
You sure? Everything I've heard says it's a glitch.

Tutorial

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
EazyB said:
You sure? Everything I've heard says it's a glitch.

Tutorial

It's a mod. But because infiniteammo="1" isn't a global reset at the end the of the match, it's partially a "glitch."

Short gist is:

MM -> Playlist is given to all players with all the settings required for that playlist. Host's settings are given to all players. Generally, this is the global settings. Modded persons' setting of "infinteammo='1'" is given to all players on match start. Infinite Ammo to all!

So long as the players are in that match and continue to play in the lobby, they have inf. ammo.

The mod has a "infection" function (like Orange Box/TF2 on the 360 does for classes invalid/inf. ammo/etc. as well) on the 360 that'll stay even if you quit the game until you clear your 360's Hard-drive cache.

Papercuts said:
Right, but the matchmaking is still putting people who haven't done anything wrong into these modded games.

You're right, these private-public games probably could have been discovered and patched if there had been a beta.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
People mentioning Halo 2 do realize that the worst in that game is the same as what's going on right now in MW2, right? Straight-up hacking. Beta or no beta, that isn't anything that can be done without modifying the code elsewhere...

I see you guys find it cool to hate on IW and all, but come on.

beast786 said:
Do you realize the range on that shotgun, do you realize you have one in each hand and can have one reload while other still shoots, do you realize the reload really doesnt take that long at all.

1887 is the most powerful weapon i have faced in FPS. Plenty of ammo , no recoil, huge spread of bullets, one shot kill, good range.

Seriously, I have it and i dont care now, but when i didnt it sucked ass playing with someone in maps that are mostly door to door shooting.

Seriously dude. You might not use it, but its damn the most unbalance weapon.

I'll say that the range could be turned down, but I haven't been cut down from long rifle range yet, nor have I gotten anyone at that range yet - most of the weapons can take down an Akimbo 1887 user fine, especially when it depends on the map...

It's brutal, but really, it's not the end-all gun - the FAL, one of my favorites, is a beast, and even the SCAR can screw some people up quick, and it's one of the first weapons you get...

I like that you have to wait so long to unlock them, and and you lose them when you prestige - it's balanced enough for me, but I guess I'll see how IW balances it, and I'll have to wait till the beginning of January to play it for myself when I get back from vacation...

Same for the Lightweight decrease - it was fun finding that I got killed by a camper, then switching to my Ninja class and knifing him up a few times in a row to keep him moving...

J-Rzez said:
Certainly not from the distance they do, wow. I hope you're never consulted for a game, and you steer clear from any form of tactics agency. I was able to run around getting triple kills from a blast from each hand. I haven't used them since because I just felt dirty using such cheap ass bullshit that has no place in this game in the first place. They turned this game into some new-age action movie with akimbo shotguns/smg's/pistols. Keep that shit in halo, not here.

Like someone mentioned a few pages back, it's not even that the 1887's range is too far, it's that every other shotgun's range is too short - have you seen a real AA-12 shoot? That should actually be the best shotgun in the game, but in MW2 it has no range whatsoever, and it still needs three blasts to put a single person down - it's ridiculous.

Used it once, and then never again because assault rifles and SMG's were getting me before I got them at close range...

About akimbo's changing the game? The game was never meant to be realistic to begin with, anything that adds to the fun is welcome to me, especially since akimbos drop the accuracy dramatically for mid-range battles anyways...

Arjen

So, yesterday it was impossible for me to find a non-glitched Domination match.
And thats not a hyperbole, every lobby the matchmaking dumped us into was a glitched private match.
Any word when this is going to be fixed? Really, really getting sick of this.

SmokeMaxX

Everdred said:
Don't believe this bullshit. This is blown so far out of proportion it's ridiculous. All PS3 and 360 have the same problems and it isn't nearly as common as the people here claim.

I played 3 1/2 hours of MW2 online with the 360 this morning and NOT ONCE did I run into these glitches. I played Ground War, Free For All and Team Deathmatch. I was purposely hopping around just to see these glitches and I couldn't find them anywhere.

I can't believe the amount of people freaking out on here. The Javelin glitch was way worse than this and even that wasn't that common. Maybe 1 out of every 10 matches had them.

Just my input.

Wrong on so many levels.
1) Private/Public matches are AFAIK 360 only because of some interaction between MW2 and XBOX Live.
2) 10th Prestige "glitch" is PS3 y
3) Private/Public match is very common on 360. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. I'd say at peak hours (after school) 50% of the games I join are glitch-fests.

cresto

This game is really starting to disappoint me. I love the game play most of the time, but between the problems with the game itself and the constant yelling and racism you now cant avoid, im having a hard time justifying the continuation of MP.

Griffith

Banned
Had a weird glitch happen to me today. I got 4 kills and got the care package, and as I was finding somewhere to call it in I killed another person and it gave me another care package instead of the predator missile. I got the predator missile from the next person I killed at six kills. This happen to anybody else?

Also, my god I love the Spas-12. I never used it before because I always had a stinger, but since I prestiged I decided to try it, and it's fantastic. Managed to go 47-12 using it in Domination on Skidrow.

DRE Fei

Do the special "green" prestige challenges reset just like the regular ones or are they gone forever once they're completed and prestige again?

NeoUltima

DRE Fei said:
Do the special "green" prestige challenges reset just like the regular ones or are they gone forever once they're completed and prestige again?
Haven't tested myself, but I was told they do carry over.

edit: o sorry misunderstood you. no idea then

DRE Fei

I understand that they carry over from one prestige to another, but it would be nice to know if they reset once the whole list is completed. Those point bonuses are pretty sweet.

Everdred

SmokeMaxX said:
Wrong on so many levels.
1) Private/Public matches are AFAIK 360 only because of some interaction between MW2 and XBOX Live.
2) 10th Prestige "glitch" is PS3 y
3) Private/Public match is very common on 360. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. I'd say at peak hours (after school) 50% of the games I join are glitch-fests.
I thought I read someone post that they witnessed the infinite ammo on PS3 but I went back the last 5 pages and you are right. I retract that part of what I said but I still think it is being blown way out of proportion. I have honestly put in about 8 hours in the last 2 days and I haven't seen any of these glitches. I guess I'm just lucky.

Roxas

Out of the thousands and thousands of matches going on at any one time, why am i ALWAYS dropped into a match which is just about to end (usually on the losing team). I hope that shit doesnt count as a loss to me :(

Wizman23

Banned
LMAO at all you IW internet heroes that are actually defending that piece of shit developer for releasing this god awful glitch ridden piece of garbage especially after the whole dedicated server debacle. Just can't get enough of those awesome guitar riffs huh?

DRE Fei said:

No they carry over. The only prestige challenges that do reset are bottom 4 or 5 in the Prestige section. I think they are like knife veteran, stun veteran, flash veteran, not too bad. I believe those reset since they are so easy to get again. Every other green glowing challenge carrys over which are the Prestige killstreak ones and every prestige gun challenge. :D

Manp said:
been stuck at the "connecting to matchmaking server" message for the last 10 minutes (ps3 version).

... :|
That happened me loads with COD4 - maybe try switching your console off, turn router off, leave for a few minutes, and then switch them both back on.

These glitches are amplified on any forum you read, I went on a bender for almost 5 hours straight last night, from about 7:30 - 12:30 EST and only got dropped into a glitched private match twice (and swiftly backed out). Still haven't seen the unlimited ammo glitch.

LiK

I love using the speed/knife class. It fucks up the other team so well. They end up being defensive looking out for me. I had fun last night and I got a pretty good k/d ratio too :lol

I wish I could save replays :(

Wizman23 said:
LMAO at all you IW internet heroes that are actually defending that piece of shit developer for releasing this god awful glitch ridden piece of garbage especially after the whole dedicated server debacle. Just can't get enough of those awesome guitar riffs huh?

You act like they broke into your house, drank all your beer, kicked your dog, stole your girlfriend, and shit on your face.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Shurs

ergo said:
This game is really starting to disappoint me. I love the game play most of the time, but between the problems with the game itself and the constant yelling and racism you now cant avoid, im having a hard time justifying the continuation of MP.

You can mute individual players.

Everdred

Shurs said:
You can mute individual players.
But it's just so difficult!
rolleyes.gif

kyo_daikun said:
I noticed I muted people the other day and could still hear them, I think this feature is slightly broken at the moment.
I thought this was the case briefly, and then realized that the guy I muted was sitting next to another guy in the room. Muted them both, problem solved.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Just played MW1 again and man they really screwed sniping in MW2. I was doing great with the ACOG M40.

It's a little weird going back to it though, and there's only like 6k people online on 360. Hope more people start playing again.

Biff

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually glad to have MW2 on the PS3. We may have had a disgraceful multiplayer launch full of server issues, but I guess the benefit to having 3x fewer people playing is that you also have 3x fewer idiots trying to glitch or mod the game.

You can be pretty much guaranteed the holidays are going to suck with MW2, regardless of the console. IW will patch this infinite ammo glitch and close shop for the holiday break. A day after the patch, a new glitch will be discovered. On Dec. 25th, 1 million new players will unwrap MW2, learn the glitch from Youtube and help make the game unplayable again.

If IW wouldn't call people in on Thanksgiving to fix the Javelin glitch, like hell they're even going to check their emails over Christmas/New Year's.

Happy holidays, fans. Rest assured your $400 million will make delicious money pies for all of us here at IW and Activision!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
ChefRamsay said:
Can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually glad to have MW2 on the PS3. We may have had a disgraceful multiplayer launch full of server issues, but I guess the benefit to having 3x fewer people playing is that you also have 3x fewer idiots trying to glitch or mod the game.
Yes, that is exactly how ratios work.

Top Bottom