• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

From the giver of all knowledge:

fourzerotwo said:
#MW2 Update in Test now: 1887s Balanced. Public "private" Match fix. Infinite Ammo fix. Prestige Hack on PS3 fix. Texture Hack on PC fix.

I wonder what "1887s Balanced" means. I'm assuming it's a range nerf, but we'll see.

R2D4 said:
EMP's disable enemy attack aircraft right? If they are already in the air when the EMP is set off?
Yes if they're airborne, they get taken down. I believe the side the EMP is on can then use their bonuses, but the other side can't. I think.

divisionbyzorro said:
Just say "screwit" to your ratio and get your guns all leveled up.

Yeah true I guess but im trying to get 2000 scar kills and also the 1000 silenced and the silencer on that map is well pointless unless its a normal game type. Does seem abit like cheating but ah well.

blahness

divisionbyzorro said:

I wonder what "1887s Balanced" means. I'm assuming it's a range nerf, but we'll see.

nooo i just started using the 1887s last night and had a blast getting my revenge. :)

buy teh haloz said:
Yes it does. You can still free fire the AT4 and RPG-7, though.

Damn. So then the EMP is a fantastic team streak then. Get one guy to go Harrier->AC-130->EMP, and have everybody else on your team rack up Choppers, Harriers, Pave Lows, etc... Set off the EMP, and then swamp them with air support.
And then watch them all rage quit.
They'll be forced to try to take down the air support with LMGs.

Mad Max

DeuceMojo said:
And this is EXACTLY why I continue to use Cold Blooded Pro. Because Max looks above my head, sees NOTHING, says, "let's go get the enemy" and then I shoot him dead. Love that perk.

Doesn't matter, the name still isn't above your head like with teammates.

kuYuri

divisionbyzorro said:
Damn. So then the EMP is a fantastic team streak then. Get one guy to go Harrier->AC-130->EMP, and have everybody else on your team rack up Choppers, Harriers, Pave Lows, etc... Set off the EMP, and then swamp them with air support.
And then watch them all rage quit

This strategy might work as long as people don't equip Cold-Blooded. Cold-Blooded makes all those killstreaks useless, but most teams aren't smart enough or don't have access to that perk based on their rank. :lol

Strider2K99 said:
This strategy might work as long as people don't equip Cold-Blooded. Cold-Blooded makes all those killstreaks useless, but most teams aren't smart enough or don't have access to that perk based on their rank. :lol

True. The counter would be for everybody to switch to a Cold-Blooded class and then just let the air support fly uselessly overhead.

Mileena

Banned
Awesome. Now the only thing that will make me weep when I prestige is losing the ACR. I hope they nerfed the fuck out of the range on the 1887s and made them like the Rangers.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Maybe they have decided that two shotguns should be more powerful and are infact making the 1887s stronger, but when you should you get flung back about 10 metres. That would be fun.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
corkscrewblow said:
Awesome. Now the only thing that will make me weep when I prestige is losing the ACR. I hope they nerfed the fuck out of the range on the 1887s and made them like the Rangers.
Rangers are fine in my book: low ammo before reload, long reload time, limited range.

1887's should do less damage than rangers, with slightly longer range (than ranger), and have their reload time slightly increased (between shots)...and they'll be fine.

Mad Max

divisionbyzorro said:
I think you're mistaken. If you point your reticule at an enemy without Cold Blooded Pro, their name appears above their head in red text.

Yes but instead of seeing a red name you see nothing. However with teammates you see their name in green, above their head all the time + you can feel the massive auto-aim kicking in when you aim anywhere near an enemy. So while it might confuse people who are new to the game (from my experience atleast), the pro version of cold blooded isn't really al that usefull.

Enosh

corkscrewblow said:
you will miss the stinger a lot more, trust me

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
buy teh haloz said:
Yes it does. You can still free fire the AT4 and RPG-7, though.
I don't think it does. I've shot down a Hind with a Stinger while EMP'd before.

Also that update cannot come soon enough.

NeoUltima

divisionbyzorro said:

Hope the prestige hackers get banned...Other fixes are just glitches and don't deserve bans but that thing is a hack and retribution is in order.

OMGLOL A LLAMA

Neo Member
adelante said:
The gamebreaking bit was specifically refering to the Javelin and Tenth Prestige glitch. But having "fun", however subjective that term is, still doesn't justify for rampant glitches to exist in the first place. And last I checked, not everyone wants to play in private room with infinite ammo turned on (although you assuming that is pretty funny hah :lol ) especially when you're searching thru public servers in the first place
I never said everyone enjoyed the glitch (although you assuming that is pretty funny hah :lol ) My biggest complaint is the fact that people are blowing this whole private glitch thing out of proportion. People are getting VERY pissed at IW for glitches like these which are not gamebreaking. Name a AAA title that was released without glitches. Sure IW should have caught these but it doesn't make IW a shitty dev, they just didn't catch all the glitches. It's not like you can't back out of a private match, just back out and search again! I enter a private match, what, like every 10-15 games?

DarkJC

Mad Max said:
Yes but instead of seeing a red name you see nothing. However with teammates you see their name in green, above their head all the time + you can feel the massive auto-aim kicking in when you aim anywhere near an enemy. So while it might confuse people who are new to the game (from my experience atleast), the pro version of cold blooded isn't really al that usefull.

It's useful if you're hiding. Can't tell you how many times a red name appeared over the enemy hiding in a good spot in the grass to give him away.

divisionbyzorro said:
Sounds good.

Now just make knife attacks cancellable from taking fire, and all my annoyances would disappear.

Nizz

corkscrewblow said:
I think this is why I won't be prestiging in this one. I'm loving the hell out of that assault rifle. Plus, imo, with the types of killstreaks, perks, and weapons in the higher ranks, I feel like you'll be at an even bigger disadvantage than say COD4 starting new again...

I admit, it'll keep the game from getting stale going prestige, and you get some nice extra custom slots. But I feel like I'm giving up a lot in this one.

RoboPlato said:
I don't think it does. I've shot down a Hind with a Stinger while EMP'd before.

Also that update cannot come soon enough.
Did those aircraft belong to the team that set off the EMP? It just affects the opposing team's gear/aircraft.

NullPointer said:
Sounds good.

Now just make knife attacks cancellable from taking fire, and all my annoyances would disappear.
That's probably pushing it, but I agree with you. I think the closer you are to the enemy, the more your bullets should inflict damage, but I can't see the difference when someone is running at me attempting to knife.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
got2bekidding said:
Did those aircraft belong to the team that set off the EMP? It just affects the opposing team's gear/aircraft.
I meant that it doesn't prevent you from being able to lock on.

UFRA

PS3 Version:
Anyone have any luck opening TCP/UDP ports to get your NAT Type to Open?

Mine is Moderate STILL, and I followed all of the instructions necessary (and tested the ports - they're open) on www.portforward.com.

No issues with online play, but I'm just sick of this moderate BS.

Do I have to change any settings in the PS3 as well? I only followed the websites instructions in setting up a static IP as well as opening the ports on my router.

According to the site these were the ports to open:

TCP: 5223
UDP: 5223, 3478, 3479, 3658

Was there not problems with MW1 due to how your gamertag carries some game info, and in that info were some values for god mode and such for the game? like a data cloud every game gets? I guess IW did not learn their lession or play safe by, for example, setting that infinateammo=1 back to 0 every match.

Voltron64

Tomcat said:
prestige hack now on xbox too :lol :lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ_q1NHAPu0
toyland.gif

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
NeoUltima said:
Hope the prestige hackers get banned...Other fixes are just glitches and don't deserve bans but that thing is a hack and retribution is in order.

Oh, please. A ban for the hack is a little harsh. Rollback to Prestige 0 level 1 and close the gate/hack. Bitches will be pissed they have to do shit all over again. (Esp if they were Prestige 9 and did the hack) :lol

I wish it was able to be abused with no consequences. Prestige is bullshit. :(

X26

Banned
snack said:
Yes! Patch is being tested. Bye glitches!

Nope, it's like tryign to kill a hydra, you cut off one head and two grow in. Intiiallity it was jav glitching, they got rid of that and then it was private match ffa glitching and infiite ammo. I predict invisibility, tactical nuke launcher attachments, and ability to glitch out of the skybox and rain down death from 10,000ft with a mini-uzi

X26 said:
Nope, it's like tryign to kill a hydra, you cut off one head and two grow in. Intiiallity it was jav glitching, they got rid of that and then it was private match ffa glitching and infiite ammo. I predict invisibility, tactical nuke launcher attachments, and ability to glitch out of the skybox and rain down death from 10,000ft with a mini-uzi

Sadly, I can see this happening.

DMeisterJ

Banned
1887s balanced.

Good thing that I already had all of my fun with those a few days ago. They're good, but I don't like the waiting until you can shoot again time, and they are terrible on any of the less claustraphobic maps.

I wonder what the morons running around with them 24/7 will resort to?

I'm glad that IW is patching this stuff with a nice quickness.

X26 said:

That is how all games work right? You never have 100% glitch free game because of the amt of time spent making a game, waiting for this to happen would take years... And it's the whole point of patches, and why it's called a patch. It fixes a few problems, and more patches fix more problems. Every patch is like cutting the head off of a Hydra.

Thank god the patch is in test. And thank god 1887s are balanced now. Other than obvious complaints like the jav glitch and other shit, the 1887s were my very last complaint. I could give two shits about knifer classes because they are easily counterable. The game will hopefully be back to week 1 style. :D

Rayme

X26 said:
Nope, it's like tryign to kill a hydra, you cut off one head and two grow in. Intiiallity it was jav glitching, they got rid of that and then it was private match ffa glitching and infiite ammo.
The previous patches didn't create these latest exploits, though. It's all good. =)

360 prestige hack is the same cause as the PS3 one. It'll be fixed as of this patch.

Top Bottom