• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Minamu

Heh, I don't see a patch for sentry guns inside walls, being able to climb in mid-air, no knife/commando nerf (running 7% faster instead of 10% is a silly "fix" tbh) & none of the minor glitches people have posted on youtube, like lag reduction knifing. Still ways to go.

Introducing new code through patches is potentially just putting in more code that can get abused. So a patch doesn't automagically set everything straight.

I wonder what playlists you guys use that say that you run into glitched lobbies so often. I stay with HC S&D for the most part & I've never seen it happen there. Maybe once in HC TDM & probably never in HC HQ.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
ImperialConquest said:
Patch being tested?

Maybe now all the whiney bitches will shut the f*ck up. :lol

Well, unless they add the newly found 360 prestige glitch to that patch then they'll just need ANOTHER one afterwards. And I really like the hydra head explanation, haha.

Oh, didn't see the above posts. Still, now they need to add the shield turret to it. :p

Minamu

Papercuts said:
Well, unless they add the newly found 360 prestige glitch to that patch then they'll just need ANOTHER one afterwards. And I really like the hydra head explanation, haha.

Oh, didn't see the above posts. Still, now they need to add the shield turret to it. :p
Honestly, they should've caught the shield turret glitch early in QA. Seems like such a basic thing to test out when you're just messing around with the game tbh. Obviously, that's how it was found by the real glitchers. And personally, I believe that's where the problem lie. IW, or any other company for that matter, won't be able to keep up with these people who spend all their time, having fun no less, trying to find these glitches. That's the real Hydra :) The glitchers have, comparatively, unlimited resources & time to do this stuff. IW does not. They have to worry about man power costs, glitchers do not. And they now know how relatively easy it is to find this stuff (and they probably have more experience than the QA due to spare time) so they won't stop doing this stuff for a long time. And patching it up, while perhaps the only way to solve it, can simply be to ask for more trouble, if done wrong. It's risky business & can be an open invitation for more malware, if you will.

SmokeMaxX

RubxQub said:
Everyone saying this is useless doesn't know shit about Skidrow, bitches!

You talking about the turret that has two different entrances (one in the direction of the tunnel and the other on the opposite side of the map), neither of which the turret user can see and/or shoot?

And, in addition, this "glitch" is super-easy to fix. Just add a line of code that says you can't get on a chaingun whenever you're in "one-man-army transition mode." It's a stupid concept anyway. "Let's penalize the guy by having him put away his gun, but let's let him use a machine-turret so that he bypasses said penalty."

Lince

Banned
so the infinite supply of grenades using One Man Army isn't being fixed? lol, last time I played half my team was abusing it and spamming nades non-stop. The other team rage quitted and I stopped playing MW2 for good, I wonder how is that a smart design decision for IW?

and remember how broken the friends invite system was in the PS3 version when it launched? it was patched like the following day, what excuse can you make for it? I assume that's gotta be in the check list when a QA team is testing a game like this.

Just played 3 or 4 games on PS3 and probably 50% of the people had prestige 10. They should strip these guys down to level 0 and remove all of their emblems/callsigns. If all they do is fix the glitch and reset their stats/rank, that's not enough. They'll have emblems/callsigns they didn't earn.

tsigo

winnarps said:
Yeah, thinking about it more, I would change to the following:

3 - UAV
4 - Counter-UAV
4 - Care Package <-still unsure about this, though. ac130/cg care packages can be complete game changers.
5 - Sentry Gun
5 - Precision Airstrike
6 - Predator Missile
7 - Attack Helicopter
8 - Stealth Bomber
8 - Emergency Airdrop
9 - Harrier Strike
9 - EMP
10 - Pave Low
12 - AC-130
15 - Chopper Gunner
25 - Tactical Nuke

I like this list, especially the Airstrike/Missile swap, and Harriers at 9. It's kind of funny that a Harrier, which you get at 7, can shoot down a Pave Low, which you get at 9, and the Pave Low can't do anything to the Harrier.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
tsigo said:
I like this list, especially the Airstrike/Missile swap, and Harriers at 9. It's kind of funny that a Harrier, which you get at 7, can shoot down a Pave Low, which you get at 9, and the Pave Low can't do anything to the Harrier.
Harriers have zero defense against getting shot down, so they belong at 7.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
The amount of time that an EMP lasts would have to be changed if it were a 9 streak I think.

Would get way more use probably.

I just started using the AUG tonight, and I have been mopping up with it. I'm using bling (grip/rds)/cold blooded/commando and I have been doing much much better than any other class I've used so far.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
BlueScrote said:
I just started using the AUG tonight, and I have been mopping up with it. I'm using bling (grip/rds)/cold blooded/commando and I have been doing much much better than any other class I've used so far.
Why commando if you don't mind me asking?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
question

I was playing with a friend online who's colour blind. He got a couple of team kills in Team Hardcore because he claimed the red and green text above players looks the same.

Now, is this true? Does anyone on gaf have a problem seeing the player names in red and green? I thought he may just be trying it on but I didn't want to say anything.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
D4Danger said:
question

I was playing with a friend online who's colour blind. He got a couple of team kills in Team Hardcore because he claimed the red and green text above players looks the same.

Now, is this true? Does anyone on gaf have a problem seeing the player names in red and green? I thought he may just be trying it on but I didn't want to say anything.
ya there are issues with name colors for the colorblind
http://kotaku.com/5427467/colorblind-petition-for-modern-warfare-2-patch

Loxley

Holy crap, I thought it would be a cold day in hell before IW actually did some weapon-balancing. To my knowledge they didn't post-CoD4's launch, so I'm glad to hear that the akimbo 1887's will be getting a nerf (in some way). :D :D

Now, about those...eh....bugs...

question

Funny you should mention that. It's definitely a real issue for color-blind people.

NeoUltima

BlueScrote said:
Use stopping power with it. It will blow your mind how fast ppl die.

careful

I don't know if it's just me getting so used to playing TDM all the time, but I get destroyed every time I try to play an objective based mode. It's like I don't have a 100% focus on the environment because I'm thinking of going for the objective. Then inevitably, I get merked by some dude I saw way too late or dudes camping the objective.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
NeoUltima said:
Use stopping power with it. It will blow your mind how fast ppl die.
This.
I've been using nothing but the AUG for ages now. I don't like change.

But I have 2 classes for it, one with stopping power and one with cold blooded.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
user_nat said:
This.
I've been using nothing but the AUG for ages now. I don't like change.

But I have 2 classes for it, one with stopping power and one with cold blooded.

me too :D I just swap out when air support comes in and take those choppas down!

Ryu1999

Precision Airstrike, given its disadvantages, should get a free UAV scan when you open up the target selection screen for the first time.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
divisionbyzorro said:
From the giver of all knowledge:

I wonder what "1887s Balanced" means. I'm assuming it's a range nerf, but we'll see.

Greaaaaaaaaaat.

Boy do I hate people that complain about weapons.

I wonder what they did to them now, but it was really unnecessary, especially when so many open maps make them useless.

It's not too late to get them to change their minds Rayme!

And I just realized that I've never experienced the infinite ammo matches, since I left last week Thursday, which was probably a couple days before it all went rampant, and most likely will be back after they already patched it...

I ran into a FFA private match on the PS3 version when I tried demolition. It wasn't on Rust like everyone is mentioning though, it was on Derail.

BolognaSoup said:
Just played 3 or 4 games on PS3 and probably 50% of the people had prestige 10. They should strip these guys down to level 0 and remove all of their emblems/callsigns. If all they do is fix the glitch and reset their stats/rank, that's not enough. They'll have emblems/callsigns they didn't earn.

Holy shit the glitching/abusing in this game is becoming epic. Glad I've stayed away from the online for the past two weeks, although I'm not entirely sure it's going to get better with crap like this now happening.

The worst glitch IMO that I haven't seen mentioned (if I'm wrong, apologies) is the easiest to abuse and probably the most broken of them all.

Being able to see your enemies location without a UAV.

UFRA

huacst21 said:
The worst glitch IMO that I haven't seen mentioned (if I'm wrong, apologies) is the easiest to abuse and probably the most broken of them all.

Being able to see your enemies location without a UAV.

Never heard/experienced this.

What, you just see the enemy locations constantly?

Got dumped into my first Private Match glitch last night. It was just a standard game, only with 18 players, no infinite ammo or anything, so it actually ended up being a lot more fun. Demolition is insane with that many people

UFRA said:
Never heard/experienced this.

What, you just see the enemy locations constantly?

No, that would be game breaking. But you can see their locations for a short period of time.

The point is, you shouldn't know where your enemies are unless you have a UAV.

To view the enemy radar the only requirement is that the killcam is turned on for the gametype you are playing and you just died.

What you do is whenever you are killed, press start and look at your overview of the map, when the killcam starts playing, your map becomes the enemy map, instantly giving away the enemy team's positions.

I'm pretty sure if your team has a Counter-UAV up or your killer's radar is scrambled it will be on the killcam radar as well.

Enemy radar glitch

I played yesterday and today and only a couple of times was i put into a private match. Oh man, i'm starting to enjoy MW2 again. It's so fun playing with 6 of your friends.

SD ftw

huacst21 said:
No, that would be game breaking. But you can see their locations for a short period of time.

The point is, you shouldn't know where your enemies are unless you have a UAV.

Enemy radar glitch

Um, i don't know how that's useful in Search and Destroy.

salva said:
I played yesterday and today and only a couple of times was i put into a private match. Oh man, i'm starting to enjoy MW2 again. It's so fun playing with 6 of your friends.

SD ftw

Um, i don't know how that's useful in Search and Destroy.

How many people play SD compared to TDM or MercTDM?

PetriP-TNT said:
I don't know how that's useful in any gametype, when you spawn the enemies have already moved to a different location

I don't know what game you have been playing but MW2 is nothing but camp city.

Maps like rust or terminal; yeah, you can expect the enemies have moved to a different location.

But maps like Wasteland, Derail, or Underpass, you can expect people to camp like crazy.

The same with window/roof campers in Invasion, Karachi, or Favela.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
huacst21 said:
I don't know what game you have been playing but MW2 is nothing but camp city.

Maps like rust or terminal; yeah, you can expect the enemies have moved to a different location.

But maps like Wasteland, Derail, or Underpass, you can expect people to camp like crazy.

The same with window/roof campers in Invasion, Karachi, or Favela.
Just use the killcam if the guys aren't moving.

No offense here guys, I am absolutely not a fan of online-multiplayer cause I am pretty bad in competition actually(relating to my nerves:D). But regarding the single-player campaign this game is a joke and not worth the millions it has already been sold.

The first one was still a realistic and engaging conflict, but this is a complete joke and comparable to a patriotic Michael Bay Movie. You really want to tell me, that russians with communistic symbols on their uniform are attacking the states on a fast-food plant? And to be honest, it`s shocking that this game is getting such great reviews with such an old-dated scripting-gameplay.

Once againg I am not criticising the multiplayer....

Anyone agreeing with me?

Frencherman said:
No offense here guys, I am absolutely not a fan of online-multiplayer cause I am pretty bad in competition actually(relating to my nerves:D). But regarding the single-player campaign this game is a joke and not worth the millions it has already been sold.

The first one was still a realistic and engaging conflict, but this is a complete joke and comparable to a patriotic Michael Bay Movie. You really want to tell me, that russians with communistic symbols on their uniform are attacking the states on a fast-food plant? And to be honest, it`s shocking that this game is getting such great reviews with such an old-dated scripting-gameplay.

Anyone agreeing with me?

I know where you are coming from, there are no military type tactics to the game either, the enemies could be aliens.

RSTEIN

Frencherman said:

Anyone agreeing with me?

Yes, 100%. The single player campaign is the most shocking piece of garbage I have ever played in my gaming career. Apart from the cool level where you assualt the snow base the game is a disaster on all levels.

RSTEIN said:
Yes, 100%. The single player campaign is the most shocking piece of garbage I have ever played in my gaming career. Apart from the cool level where you assualt the snow base the game is a disaster on all levels.

I wouldn't call it a "disaster on all levels."

I would call it "not even close to half as good as CoD4."

RSTEIN

divisionbyzorro said:
I wouldn't call it a "disaster on all levels."

I would call it "not even close to half as good as CoD4."

Have I played worse games? Yes. But considering the developer and budget I would call it a disaster. It's like Gears. Amazing campaign but horrible multiplayer. Considering Epic has created some of the best multiplayer experiences in the history of gaming, the fact that they couldn't even come up with working netcode is a disaster.

Word on the street is that everybody who's anybody is down with a pimp named Silky.

But seriously now, the other word is that the 1887s are getting nerfed TODAY on XBL. ¿Verdad?

I decided to celebrate the "balancing" by going out and killing some bitches with the full-power 1887s.

2ef4vt4.jpg

Listen up, you primitive screwheads: THESE are my BOOM STICKS!

The king is dead. Long live the king.

Top Bottom